Thread: Hookahs into camping?

Default Hookahs into camping?

Does anyone know if you can bring hookah's into camping? Has anybody done this before?

Default Re: Hookahs into camping?

just roll it inside a sleeping bag...then they won't even notice.

they would probably consider it drug paraphernalia... so ya, hide it well

I'm bringing mine.

lol I thought u meant hookers for a second hahahahahah
    Recent studies at Yale have shown that being an asshole is detrimental to one's health. Professor Sweetlove, a Psychology professor, came on record as saying:
    "Assholes and local desert rats tend to live shorter lives and have less consensual sexual relations than non assholes. It could be due to lower testoserone levels or a chemical imbalance in the brain but some people are just wired to be.... well.... assholes"
    Full story can be found here. AP

just roll your hookers into a sleeping bag. They are dead right?
    "Is there anything more beautiful than a beautiful, beautiful flamingo, flying across in front of a beautiful sunset? And he's carrying a beautiful rose in his beak, and also he's carrying a very beautiful painting with his feet. And also, you're drunk." Jack Handey

They're also made of glass, ain't they? so they fit in the drug paraphernalia and glass containers.

C'mon people. A hookah is just a water pipe, and I do not think it could be considered "drug paraphernalia" unless there was drug residue. There are hookah bars in California, and hookahs have cultural significance for some Middle Eastern people.

But the question was can you bring one into the camping area, and I think the answer is no. From the camping FAQ's: "Feel free to bring your own food and beverages into onsite camping, but unfortunately there will be NO open fires, gas, charcoal, propane or any other cooking devices allowed."

I think a hookah could rightfully be considered a "charcoal cooking device" since it uses coals to "cook" the shisha. The issue is fire risk in a crowded campground, regardless of what you're smoking.

You know and I know that hookahs server a variety of purposes and can be used with legal drugs, but some shit for brains security guy probably won't.

And I agree with your 'cooking' theory.

Yeah that charcoal deal is probably the no go, but I think we will try and if we get rejected just bring it back to the car. People smoke cigarettes, thats a fire hazard. If you have the cap on the hookah the coal won't go out even if it's tipped over, but it might be a hard sell.