Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: PRINCE: INSULT to the COACHELLA BRAND!!

Default Re: PRINCE: INSULT to the COACHELLA BRAND!!

Quote Originally Posted by lediable76 View Post
    What's in store for '09?
    Janet Jackson? Michael Jackson? Mariah Carey? Milli Vanilli (well, one is still alive)? or perhaps Vanilla Ice's triumphant return to the stage? Like, with MADONNA...the COACHELLA BRAND, has once again been tarnished!!!FUCK!!!!!!!!!!! I am the person I am today (aN electro-alternative-indie-hipster), because of the person I REFUSED to be, back then. I hated all those TOP 40 listening people then....still dislike those cocksuckers now. You fuckers might as well be skipping COACHELLA and be going to WANGO TANGO. FUCK that midget ass queer PRINCE. I WILL HAVE A SIGN IN MY CAR THAT SAYS "FUCK PRINCE" INSTEAD OF CARPOOLCHELLA...
    shut the fuck up

old school

HOLY SHIT!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by NoizeSelektor View Post
    an "electro-alternative indie hipster"? wtf you seriously consider yourself that? way to brand your self moron
    I was waiting for someone else to point that out.
    Quote Originally Posted by menikmati View Post
    Make up rumors of who's playing > keep track of who's confirmed > whine about where the lineup is > lineup announced! > bitch about how the lineup sucks > whine about what bands will be added > bands finally added! > whine about where set times are > set times finally announced! > bitch about how set times suck > goto show > come back and say Coachella was best ever! > start rumors for next year

Wow. I missed this yesterday.
    Lediable, you are a bigger PIECE OF SHIT than Ulcer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drewski27 View Post
    i think i would rather suck AIDZ out of gary colemans nutt.

Quote Originally Posted by daft$tar View Post
    shut the fuck up

Hahahaha! This is a great fail pic... however, fucking cats... you know he probably tried to get into this position. Just like the douchebag that started this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by firesuite View Post
    Hahahaha! This is a great fail pic... however, fucking cats... you know he probably tried to get into this position. Just like the douchebag that started this thread.
    haha - so true - i hate pussy - in more ways than one

this moron needs to stay in riverside with all the "hipsters" and make his way to bonaroo instead of coming to coachella - thnx eric

Quote Originally Posted by BeeII View Post
    more like 10-12 years, but yeah.
    Yeah...technically, it was '96. But I hadn't heard of any of the songs he charted with after "Most Beautiful Girl..." in '94, and I'm not sure I've even heard that, just know the title. I had to go back to "My Name Is Prince" in '92 to find one I knew.

ok, ban me then...but everyone does it and they are still here (as in this thread is "gay")...besides, when I say "Gay" or "queer" I don't mean it in the obvious way....it's more of a figure of speech, like, "weak" or "suck" or "bad" and not necessarily demeaning towards homosexual people. besides, I love lesbians.
    you're sad and I can only hope you come out of this homophobic fog before it's too late.

^^^^^

me too

thanks for standing up for the homos Pixiessp - i HATE HATE when people say "THATS SO GAY" - thats basically kicking me in the balls or peeing on me while im on fire - when people say that to my face i reply "actually no thats so straight" - someday we will live in a society where gay isnt a bad thing -

^^^^^

me too

thanks for standing up for the homos Pixiessp - i HATE HATE when people say "THATS SO GAY" - thats basically kicking me in the balls or peeing on me while im on fire - when people say that to my face i reply "actually no thats so straight" - someday we will live in a society where gay isnt a bad thing -
    being one myself how could I not comment.

<3

I just want to ask a question....I am in no way agreeing with the starter of this thread, but do you people all really listen to Prince?

I love old Prince stuff, but unfortunately think his output of the last decade at least, is terrible......I know a ton of people who are extremely into music, and whenever I'm with friends, we listen to a lot of music.....and its NEVER Prince..

I'm just curious where all this Prince love comes from.....
    '99-'11...

^^^^^

me too

I like the "actually no thats so straight" retort
    '99-'11...

Quote Originally Posted by humanoid View Post
    I just want to ask a question....I am in no way agreeing with the starter of this thread, but do you people all really listen to Prince?

I love old Prince stuff, but unfortunately think his output of the last decade at least, is terrible......I know a ton of people who are extremely into music, and whenever I'm with friends, we listen to a lot of music.....and its NEVER Prince..

A lot of it I think is just generational amnesia. It happens a lot. People will be hanging out, listening to and talking about good tunes. Then someone brings up a solid artist from back in the day and you go "oh fuck, I totally forgot how awesome he/she/they are!" And so begins an inspired conversation about the classics, as opposed to the freshest shit around.

Except in this case, no one ever really forgot. Yeah, his output over the last decade is mediocre, but he has NEVER lost his edge live, and the classics still stand the test of time. People (AFAIK) don't generally go on Prince listening sprees, since he's not really relevant anymore. But his status as one of the most prolific and important rock/pop stars of all time is pretty much undisputed.

Check out some YouTubes on the other Prince threads, you'll know why everyone's stoked.

A lot of it I think is just generational amnesia. It happens a lot. People will be hanging out, listening to and talking about good tunes. Then someone brings up a solid artist from back in the day and you go "oh fuck, I totally forgot how awesome he/she/they are!" And so begins an inspired conversation about the classics, as opposed to the freshest shit around.

Except in this case, no one ever really forgot. Yeah, his output over the last decade is mediocre, but he has NEVER lost his edge live, and the classics still stand the test of time. People (AFAIK) don't generally go on Prince listening sprees, since he's not really relevant anymore. But his status as one of the most prolific and important rock/pop stars of all time is pretty much undisputed.

Check out some YouTubes on the other Prince threads, you'll know why everyone's stoked.
    I've been lucky enough to see him twice in my life...it was pretty awesome...and it shall be again

I'm not doubting Prince, I'm just surprised that he's gotten such a fanatical response on these message boards specifically

thank you for the rational response BTW
    '99-'11...

Michael Jackson next year would be badass.

I've been lucky enough to see him twice in my life...it was pretty awesome...and it shall be again

I'm not doubting Prince, I'm just surprised that he's gotten such a fanatical response on these message boards specifically

thank you for the rational response BTW
    No problem. It was a rational question. That's certainly not always the case.

But yeah, I don't know. Another thing is that these are Coachella fans. I don't know about you, but my first year was 2002, and ever since, I've felt like I am part of a reeeaalllly big family... and families freak out over stuff, little and big alike.

Coachella fans are IMO by far the most fanatical of all the U.S. festivals. And I'm okay with that!

No problem. It was a rational question. That's certainly not always the case.

But yeah, I don't know. Another thing is that these are Coachella fans. I don't know about you, but my first year was 2002, and ever since, I've felt like I am part of a reeeaalllly big family... and families freak out over stuff, little and big alike.

Coachella fans are IMO by far the most fanatical of all the U.S. festivals. And I'm okay with that!
    passion is great.....I'm fanatical over the things I love.....or hate....

I've been fortunate enough to have gone to Coachella since the beginning, and it definitely feels like a community.....I hope it stays that way!!
    '99-'11...

Quote Originally Posted by bludevil007 View Post
    this is lediable:

http://www.hotchickswithdouchebags.c...073-734807.jpg

(except he's got a guy in his arms) i've never seen more gay references in a post than your last one you closeted freak

also, anyone who uses the phrase "rolling deep" is the result of a botched abortion.

finally, how the hell can any smiths fan call prince a "queer" and a "***" - is this one of those things where if you are one you can use the term?
    dammit, i went so long without knowing about that site. why did you have to ruin it?

Coachella Junkie malcolmjamalawesome's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gaypalmsprings View Post
    You can be banned for hate speech.
    Speaking of, I hate this thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by ruetheday View Post
    I don't fucking care. I don't even know who the hell Dave Wang is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Devin the Dude View Post
    you used to be that guy that just Dave Wang's everybody. that guy. he's gone now, and whoever you really are showed up, and that was utter disappointment.

^^^^^

me too

i stopped using "gay" to mean something pejorative out of respect for my gay friends a long time ago.

What's in store for '09?
    Janet Jackson? Michael Jackson? Mariah Carey? Milli Vanilli (well, one is still alive)? or perhaps Vanilla Ice's triumphant return to the stage? Like, with MADONNA...the COACHELLA BRAND, has once again been tarnished!!!FUCK!!!!!!!!!!! I am the person I am today (aN electro-alternative-indie-hipster), because of the person I REFUSED to be, back then. I hated all those TOP 40 listening people then....still dislike those cocksuckers now. You fuckers might as well be skipping COACHELLA and be going to WANGO TANGO. FUCK that midget ass queer PRINCE. I WILL HAVE A SIGN IN MY CAR THAT SAYS "FUCK PRINCE" INSTEAD OF CARPOOLCHELLA...
    is this your first coachella? Prince and David Bowie have been begged for every year. "aN electro-alternative-indie-hipster" are you proud of that label you've given yourself? Go listen to Atreyu
    "Strange things are afoot at the Circle K"

2013 = 12 Coachellas

do it do it do it do it do it do it do it now! say it say it say it say it say it say it say it now!

Quote Originally Posted by wstsidela View Post
    I should smack you in the head but I draw the line at gay bashing.
    Quote Originally Posted by psychic friend View Post
    use some common sense you asshats

Well i listen to prince quite often, but i really only listen to the greatest hits three disc set that he has out. I do listen to Musicology often, and do play it for people when they come over. Mostly to show people how he still can make a good album. but then again I was given the Musicology cd when I went to go see him...and that is why i really listened to it, i havent really listened to his albums between say "Diamonds and Pearls" through the album prior to musicology, but have heard them in passing and was not very impressed.

Plus there are just so many of his songs that people love, and just know from the radio so i think its part people getting a chance to see him although would never actually buy a ticket to his show.

I am just hoping this isnt going to be a self indulgent shitty jazzy shit set.
    "It's in the K" - Martha Stewart

Since the show list is very minimal...
    August 29 // Chemical Brothers w/ Chromeo & Yacht @ Hollywood Bowl
    September 26 // Vampire Weekend w/ Beach House & the Very Best @ Hollywood Bowl
    October 5 // ARCADE FIRE @ Henry Miller Library
    October 13 // Corin Tucker Band @ The El Rey
    (someone should give me Sufjan Stevens tickets, aint got none of those)

yes, kill yourself out there before coming here...save us the tax dollars....besides...those bands you mentioned are not top 40.
    Wow, there is seriously no use in arguing with this kid. He seems quite out of touch with reality. To say those bands are not top 40? Some of the biggest names (and consistent) in music since most of us have been born.

prince is the man.
    and everybody should be grateful he's playing at coachella. when's the next time we'll ever get to see him?? unless you want to pay $300 a pop for his tickets on his own tours, which like, never happens.

PRINCE IS SIIIIIICCCCCCKKK
    everybody should quit their bitching?
    just saying.

Quote Originally Posted by elvia View Post

I mean, who would satisfy your discerning, self-proclaimed "hipster" tastes. Please do not tell me when I come out to LA that there are more self-sanctimonious asses like yourself there. I'll f-cking kill myself.

you know whats sad is he probably isnt an LA native, most likely he comes from the midwest somewhere and is trying sooo hard to deny who he is. natives like myself are usually much more laid back and cant stand the bad rep guys like this make for us...I apologize on behalf of my state.
    "Strange things are afoot at the Circle K"

2013 = 12 Coachellas

do it do it do it do it do it do it do it now! say it say it say it say it say it say it say it now!

Quote Originally Posted by wstsidela View Post
    I should smack you in the head but I draw the line at gay bashing.
    Quote Originally Posted by psychic friend View Post
    use some common sense you asshats

wow thanks that made me LOLZ
    Pumpers like to pump, Pumpers Need to pump.

His early stuff, until his name change, and everything musicology forward are fantastic.

that's not even counting all the countless collaborations and side projects.

i stopped using "gay" to mean something pejorative out of respect for my gay friends a long time ago.
    Ditto.
    Upcoming Shows:
    * Dillon Francis + Anamanaguchi -- December 28th

Going to Weekend 1 of Coachella 2014

Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Cara. Don't judge a man for not being able to formulate a coherent thought. On an internet forum of all places.

Wink Re: PRINCE: INSULT to the COACHELLA BRAND!!

thought that was Rodger Waters and JJ?
    Upcoming Shows

Budgetchella Here I come!