Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 33

Thread: Radiohead at Coachella

  1. #1

    Default Radiohead at Coachella

    We had tickets to Coachella for Radiohead's performance, but other obligations forced us to sell our tickets at the last minute, for face value, to a couple of friends.

    So, how was Radiohead? I heard they did the COM LAG versions of their hits. I've never made it to Coachella, but wished I had seen the shows Tool and Radiohead played in. So...rhetorical question...was it really that good?

    Any chance of a surprise appearance? Pink Floyd and Radiohead would be a REALLY nice dream, eh?

  2. #2
    Coachella Junkie HEADSTRUCK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    L.A.
    Posts
    8,588

    Default Re: Radiohead at Coachella

    prepare for people to bash you

  3. #3
    Member iv3rdawG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    1,744

    Default Re: Radiohead at Coachella

    Quote Originally Posted by chairmenmeow47 View Post
    jesus christ, i leave the board for an hour to find the disneyland thread and there's all these fry threads. wtf?!

  4. #4

    Default Re: Radiohead at Coachella

    Quote Originally Posted by HEADSTRUCK View Post
    prepare for people to bash you
    Okie dokie...I've got my shinguards and helmet on.

    Let the bashing begin...

  5. #5
    Milkshake suprefan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Burbank CA
    Posts
    43,938

    Default Re: Radiohead at Coachella

    Quote Originally Posted by VirtualRog View Post
    Okie dokie...I've got my shinguards and helmet on.

    Let the bashing begin...
    Wow you are funny, it took you 4 years to come here and ask abotu it huh? Find out for yourself from your friends, they went right?

  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    607

    Default Re: Radiohead at Coachella

    that was the dumbest post ever.
    je suis un extraterrestre

  7. #7
    whiney pain in butt
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    4,721

    Default Re: Radiohead at Coachella

    HOW WILL THEY EAT WHEAT THINS!

    wait is this the simpsons thread?

  8. #8
    Member iv3rdawG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    1,744

    Default Re: Radiohead at Coachella

    Quote Originally Posted by chairmenmeow47 View Post
    jesus christ, i leave the board for an hour to find the disneyland thread and there's all these fry threads. wtf?!

  9. #9

    Default Re: Radiohead at Coachella

    Quote Originally Posted by suprefan View Post
    Wow you are funny, it took you 4 years to come here and ask abotu it huh? Find out for yourself from your friends, they went right?
    They didn't like Radiohead, but then again, they were too freaking drunk to know if they were watchng Radiohead or Madonna. They called me during Radiohead's set and held up their cellphones...it sounded like an acid-flashback version of 'Karma Police' playing in the background...loud and fuzzy.

    The bottom line is: They went for the girls...but they DID say they really liked The Cure (I've never heard The Cure)...

    ...it's a beotch working round the clock...

    ...btw, I read a post from a 'past experiences' thread the year we were going to see Radiohead, and the poster stated that he was 'hassled by police' and 'nearly arrested' the previous year. Then my friends said they didn't see one cop...or see anyone get arrested.

    Another reason I avoid the Internet. Fake people with no life posting lies.

  10. #10
    Member satori777's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Flagstaff
    Posts
    331

    Default Re: Radiohead at Coachella

    Quote Originally Posted by VirtualRog View Post
    They didn't like Radiohead, but then again, they were too freaking drunk to know if they were watchng Radiohead or Madonna. They called me during Radiohead's set and held up their cellphones...it sounded like an acid-flashback version of 'Karma Police' playing in the background...loud and fuzzy.

    The bottom line is: They went for the girls...but they DID say they really liked The Cure (I've never heard The Cure)...

    ...it's a beotch working round the clock...

    ...btw, I read a post from a 'past experiences' thread the year we were going to see Radiohead, and the poster stated that he was 'hassled by police' and 'nearly arrested' the previous year. Then my friends said they didn't see one cop...or see anyone get arrested.

    Another reason I avoid the Internet. Fake people with no life posting lies.
    Are you high?
    Can I have some?

  11. #11

    Default Re: Radiohead at Coachella

    Quote Originally Posted by satori777 View Post
    Are you high?
    Can I have some?
    I wish. Gotta go to work in a few hours.

    But I'll be high as a kite in twenty-nine days (I hope).

  12. #12
    Dark Lord mountmccabe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    The Mission
    Posts
    12,010

    Default Re: Radiohead at Coachella

    Quote Originally Posted by VirtualRog View Post
    We had tickets to Coachella for Radiohead's performance, but other obligations forced us to sell our tickets at the last minute, for face value, to a couple of friends.

    So, how was Radiohead? I heard they did the COM LAG versions of their hits. I've never made it to Coachella, but wished I had seen the shows Tool and Radiohead played in. So...rhetorical question...was it really that good?

    Any chance of a surprise appearance? Pink Floyd and Radiohead would be a REALLY nice dream, eh?
    I don't know what you mean by "COM LAG." Radiohead did a great set; fairly normal for their HTTT tour plus "Creep" for the crowd. Other highlights of the weekend were Pixies and Mogwai.

    I wasn't able to get into Tool in '05; I had seen them before and was tired and nowhere near to being close.

    Surprise appearances happen but they have never been on the level of a gigantic headliner such as Radiohead or Pink Floyd. So, uhh, I guess keep dreaming and asking rhetorical questions?
    Quote Originally Posted by SoulDischarge View Post
    See how wrong you are, Tommy? Randy is agreeing with you.

  13. #13
    Banned thelastgreatman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    The Wasteland (LA)
    Posts
    12,821

    Default Re: Radiohead at Coachella

    I don't think anyone was able to see Tool in 05.
    Quote Originally Posted by schoolofruckus View Post
    Look, your parenting is yours and Randy's business alone.
    Fans of TheLastGreatMan Accessory Shop

  14. #14
    Member JClemy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Calgary, Ab
    Posts
    2,309

    Default Re: Radiohead at Coachella

    We're they playing and wondering where everyone was?\

    I can see Maynard on stage looking out at an empty audience. "well I guess we just rock for ourselves"

  15. #15
    Member satori777's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Flagstaff
    Posts
    331

    Default Re: Radiohead at Coachella

    Quote Originally Posted by thelastgreatman View Post
    I don't think anyone was able to see Tool in 05.

    What are you taling about?
    The '05 performance was Coachella gold

  16. #16
    Coachella Junkie Alchemy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Space
    Posts
    9,113

    Default Re: Radiohead at Coachella

    Who the Hell doesn't know The Cure!?
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    I try to be politically pc more than most here: As a dude, anyone who could put a shark up a gals pc body, is pretty creepy, different and interesting. Just saying big time ..... cr****

  17. #17

    Default Re: Radiohead at Coachella

    Quote Originally Posted by Alchemy View Post
    Who the Hell doesn't know The Cure!?
    I just heard The Cure for the first time in my life. I don't know the song title, but it sounded like 1000's of spiders crawling over my body. VERY cool.

    It's like when I FINALLY got into the BH Surfers...now I have all this great shit to listen to. THANX GOD!

    BTW, BH Surfers' Locust Abortion Technician is amazing. I heard it for the first time last week. The Butthole Surfers are truly The Great American Rock Band.

  18. #18
    old school instinct's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    anaheim
    Posts
    2,735

    Default Re: Radiohead at Coachella

    Are you from America VirtualRog?

    OUTKAST 2014
    it's finally happening

    Röyksopp, FC Kahuna, Télépopmusik, The Knife, RJD2, Futue Sound of London, The Avalanches, 808 State, Zero 7, Tycho, Mr. Scruff



  19. #19
    old school Sonicifyouwantit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Beautiful Downtown Burbank!
    Posts
    4,836

    Default Re: Radiohead at Coachella

    Have you been in a coma for the past four years that now you would ask about their set? You have never heard the Cure? You've never heard the cure? The Cure? I just want to be sure Im reading this right...
    "Strange things are afoot at the Circle K"

    2013 = 12 Coachellas

    do it do it do it do it do it do it do it now! say it say it say it say it say it say it say it now!

    Quote Originally Posted by wstsidela View Post
    I should smack you in the head but I draw the line at gay bashing.
    Quote Originally Posted by psychic friend View Post
    use some common sense you asshats

  20. #20
    old school Sonicifyouwantit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Beautiful Downtown Burbank!
    Posts
    4,836

    Default Re: Radiohead at Coachella

    Quote Originally Posted by VirtualRog View Post
    I just heard The Cure for the first time in my life. I don't know the song title, but it sounded like 1000's of spiders crawling over my body. VERY cool.

    It's like when I FINALLY got into the BH Surfers...now I have all this great shit to listen to. THANX GOD!

    BTW, BH Surfers' Locust Abortion Technician is amazing. I heard it for the first time last week. The Butthole Surfers are truly The Great American Rock Band.
    Have you been living in a cave with osama? Oh I get it you just got your hearing restored. Awesome, Id love to be able to rediscover all the music Ive heard over the years
    "Strange things are afoot at the Circle K"

    2013 = 12 Coachellas

    do it do it do it do it do it do it do it now! say it say it say it say it say it say it say it now!

    Quote Originally Posted by wstsidela View Post
    I should smack you in the head but I draw the line at gay bashing.
    Quote Originally Posted by psychic friend View Post
    use some common sense you asshats

  21. #21
    Coachella Junkie humanoid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Orange County
    Posts
    6,900

    Default Re: Radiohead at Coachella

    yeah, totally.....surprise Radiohead & Pink Floyd collaboration....

    seriously......why are you asking about Radiohead's performance from 2004 again?
    '99-'11...

  22. #22
    old school crazzz2007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    5,829

    Default Re: Radiohead at Coachella

    Quote Originally Posted by humanoid View Post
    yeah, totally.....surprise Radiohead & Pink Floyd collaboration....

    seriously......why are you asking about Radiohead's performance from 2004 again?
    seriously......why are you replying to a post asking about Radiohead's performance from 2004 again?

  23. #23
    old school emtgreg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    5,513

    Default Re: Radiohead at Coachella

    yeah, seriously! why am i replying to this thread!!
    "It began as a mistake" - Charles Bukowski

    Wanted:
    1. Nachos
    2. Puppies


  24. #24
    zeezus amyzzz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Arizzzona
    Posts
    40,903

    Default Re: Radiohead at Coachella

    hilarious. Yes, Radiohead were awesome in 04, There was some sound bleedover from another stage during Exit Music for a Film, but other than that, it was amazing.
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Because fucking millenials that's what

  25. #25
    Coachella Junkie humanoid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Orange County
    Posts
    6,900

    Default Re: Radiohead at Coachella

    Quote Originally Posted by crazzz2007 View Post
    seriously......why are you replying to a post asking about Radiohead's performance from 2004 again?
    and fuck you for being a smug prick, yet replying to it also
    '99-'11...

  26. #26
    Member uniform72's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Camarillo, CA
    Posts
    341

    Default Re: Radiohead at Coachella

    You missed a really good set in 2004 but what you really regret is not seeing them at the Hollywood Bowl. I will never shut up about that show... ever.

    Rembrandt Pussyhorse and Hairway to Steven are also great Butthole Surfers albums.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sleeping Lion View Post
    My new gay friend who was camping with us banged a small Asian looking Canadian in the porta potty...

  27. #27
    Coachella Junkie malcolmjamalawesome's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    In A Beautiful Place Out In The Country
    Posts
    16,495

    Default Re: Radiohead at Coachella

    So .... how were Pixies?
    Quote Originally Posted by ruetheday View Post
    I don't fucking care. I don't even know who the hell Dave Wang is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Devin the Dude View Post
    you used to be that guy that just Dave Wang's everybody. that guy. he's gone now, and whoever you really are showed up, and that was utter disappointment.

  28. #28
    Member cuzinmank's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    bay area
    Posts
    77

    Lightbulb Re: Radiohead at Coachella

    TOOL DIDNT PLAY IN 05 IT WAS 99 and 06!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

  29. #29
    old school Sonicifyouwantit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Beautiful Downtown Burbank!
    Posts
    4,836

    Default Re: Radiohead at Coachella

    Quote Originally Posted by cuzinmank View Post
    TOOL DIDNT PLAY IN 05 IT WAS 99 and 06!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    OH MY GOD SOMETHING TO GET LOUD AND OVEREXCITED ABOUT!!!!!!!!!!
    "Strange things are afoot at the Circle K"

    2013 = 12 Coachellas

    do it do it do it do it do it do it do it now! say it say it say it say it say it say it say it now!

    Quote Originally Posted by wstsidela View Post
    I should smack you in the head but I draw the line at gay bashing.
    Quote Originally Posted by psychic friend View Post
    use some common sense you asshats

  30. #30

    Default Re: Radiohead at Coachella

    Quote Originally Posted by uniform72 View Post
    You missed a really good set in 2004 but what you really regret is not seeing them at the Hollywood Bowl. I will never shut up about that show... ever.

    Rembrandt Pussyhorse and Hairway to Steven are also great Butthole Surfers albums.
    On my way to Amoeba tomorrow after a hockey game at Staples to buy more BH Surfers...I'll put those two on my list...

    ...I saw both Radioheads shows at the Hollywood Bowl on that tour...three times at the Bowl total...AWSOME...but their shows at the Santa Barbara Bowl were even better; sweet venue...they even played "Pearly"...

    ...but better yet were Shoreline and Chula Vista...we had pit tix and waited hours to get up front at Chula...Thom and Jonny were a few feet away...Jonny actually did some improv on "Go To Sleep" and the crowd went nuts...starting chanting 'Jonny, Jonny' and Thom asked "Who's Jenny?"

    The last tour in San Diego at The Marina wasn't that great though...super hot day, LONG wait to get in, people passed out, and the new music wasn't my fav....overall I think In Rainbows is pretty weak...

    ...thanks for the info, though. Radiohead is one of the truly great rock bands, IMHO...right up there with The Beatles and Floyd...I will always regret not going to Coachella to see them. This is my first Coachella show, and my first festival since Cal Jam II (yeah, I'm ancient).

Similar Threads

  1. Radiohead and David Bowie FUCKING over Coachella
    By deathvalleyblues in forum Misc. Babble
    Replies: 53
    Last Post: 02-12-2008, 07:55 PM
  2. for the 1000th time. Radiohead @ Coachella 08?
    By Back11Fat in forum Rumors/Gossip/Wish List
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: 01-17-2008, 10:41 AM
  3. Why Coachella Should Have Radiohead 08
    By vogina in forum Rumors/Gossip/Wish List
    Replies: 52
    Last Post: 12-06-2007, 02:19 PM
  4. RADIOHEAD - Coachella '08 Headliner??????????
    By bobert in forum Rumors/Gossip/Wish List
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 11-24-2007, 01:38 AM
  5. Radiohead for Coachella 2008!
    By Amneeziac in forum Rumors/Gossip/Wish List
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 11-10-2007, 10:35 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •