Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Not missed a day since 1999, The beginning!

Default Not missed a day since 1999, The beginning!

That's right. Not missing a day since the very beginning in 99' has seared and blur'd all the great memories into my soul. Here are some of the stand- outs'
    : Having Cameron Diaz come sit down next to me (within 5 feet) on the grass in VIP, as we locked eyes for a minute or two until Justin T. showed up looking out of place and bothered. Being blown away by Prodigy not once but twice. Present for for U-ziq from England front and center, and then meeting him backstage after his intense set. Brit popping' to The Charlatans UK, and Blur, dancing to every song with LCD soundsystem, Being in total aw seeing Siouxsie and the Banshees, Punking it up to Iggy & the Stooges.
    Poaching the bushes and fence though the lemon groves, Playing hacky sack for hours with dudes from Canada, hanging on in a windstorm while Primal Scream played, laughing and rocking to the Soundtrack of our lives in the blazing hot sun, having a somewhat hippie religious experience with the Polyphonic Spree, Trippin' on the huge plastic human ball rolling over the crowd with the Flaming lips; Drinking free Heineken's in VIP, Massive bass to the Chemical Brothers, Running into ex girlfriends, more wind and dust storms, beautiful people and mountain scapes, vivid sunsets, Rollin with it to OASIS, ya "Fooking" Oasis man!
    Spraining my ankle jumping over the fence from VIP to the regular beer garden (ya lame I know). Running into Cameron again along with Drew Barrymore backstage.
    More dust and traffic, scamming' and poaching yet again... ya you can figure it out... More amazing music with Radiohead, Ravonettes, Beta band, Watching the sun go down and the spotlights beam up into the evening sky, Spiritualized, the Jesus and Mary Chain, Massive Attack, Ladytron, Hearing the crowd roar as Kraftwerk's set began, waiting for Madonna as she was late but then digging her show, being a bit bored with Bjork, being super far away for White Stripes, Depeche, Beasties', and being amazed how long the Cure's set was, Fisherspooner, Johnny Marr, Interpol, Hives, Streets, BRMC, Rolling up in a carpet backstage in VIP to keep warm one night in a windstorm, and spending the night there, then waking up to sound check, Watching the stars with AIR, enjoying Stereolab, Rocking again to Sloan with all the Canadians, Pixies guitar amps sounding like Black Flag, hearing everyone sing along with Coldplay, Comin' down the Mountain with Janes Addiction, Scoffing at James Blunt, Skipping Rage and Keenan,(is that his name?) Gettin' baggy with the Happy Mondays....More dust and sunburns, savoring a cold beer, and some Chinese food from one of the vendors late, aching feet, windy nights, cute indie girls, ringing ears, and long walks back to the car, and then back up to do it all again the next day.
    Coachella is a happening I look forward to every year, a place to be overloaded with sound, light, and an international crowd coming to the Desert as one. Did I leave anything out? I am sure of it! And here I am this year anticipating all of it once again, especially The Verve, Love and Rockets, Fat boy slim, TurboNegro, Redd Kross, the list goes on and on.
    Before Coachella becomes just an amazing memory for all of us I would officially like to request these special reunions to play the Best music Fest in the World.
    Here they are:
    The Stone Roses, RIDE, Chapterhouse, Slowdive, My Bloody Valentine. And even though Echo & the Bunnymen are still touring and making albums, I think they deserve to be invited into the line-up!
    Thanks to an old school punk rock promoter (Goldenvoice) for being a visionary for truly great music!
    Keep it going PT!

PK
    Last edited by SPX_clothing; 03-23-2013 at 08:50 PM.
    Coachella 99' 01',02',03',04',05',06',07',08',09',10',11',12',13 ' and counting!!!

SPX clothing
    "We ride skis."

www.skipunx.com
    www.facebook.com/SPX.clothing
    www.myspace.com/spxclothing

Default Re: Not missed a day since 1999, The beginning!

Quote Originally Posted by SPX_clothing View Post
    That's right. Not missing a day since the very beginning in 99' has seared and blur'd all the great memories into my soul. Here are some of the stand- outs'
    : Having Cameron Diaz come sit down next to me (within 5 feet) on the grass in VIP, as we locked eyes for a minute or two until Justin T. showed up looking out of place and bothered. Being blown away by Prodigy not once but twice. Present for for U-ziq from England front and center, and then meeting him backstage after his intense set. Brit popping' to The Charlatans UK, and Blur, dancing to every song with LCD soundsystem, Being in total aw seeing Siouxsie and the Banshees, Punking it up to Iggy & the Stooges.
    Poaching the bushes and fence though the lemon groves, Playing hacky sack for hours with dudes from Canada, hanging on in a windstorm while Primal Scream played, laughing and rocking to the Soundtrack of our lives in the blazing hot sun, having a somewhat hippie religious experience with the Polyphonic Spree, Trippin' on the huge plastic human ball rolling over the crowd with the Flaming lips; Drinking free Heineken's in VIP, Massive bass to the Chemical Brothers, Running into ex girlfriends, more wind and dust storms, beautiful people and mountain scapes, vivid sunsets, Rollin with it to OASIS, ya "Fooking" Oasis man!
    Spraining my ankle jumping over the fence from VIP to the regular beer garden (ya lame I know). Running into Cameron again along with Drew Barrymore backstage.
    More dust and traffic, scamming' and poaching yet again... ya you can figure it out... More amazing music with Radiohead, Ravonettes, Beta band, Watching the sun go down and the spotlights beam up into the evening sky, Spiritualized, the Jesus and Mary Chain, Massive Attack, Ladytron, Hearing the crowd roar as Kraftwerk's set began, waiting for Madonna as she was late but then digging her show, being a bit bored with Bjork, being super far away for White Stripes, Depeche, Beasties', and being amazed how long the Cure's set was, Fisherspooner, Johnny Marr, Interpol, Hives, Streets, BRMC, Rolling up in a carpet backstage in VIP to keep warm one night in a windstorm, and spending the night there, then waking up to sound check, Watching the stars with AIR, enjoying Stereolab, Rocking again to Sloan with all the Canadians, Pixies guitar amps sounding like Black Flag, hearing everyone sing along with Coldplay, Comin' down the Mountain with Janes Addiction, Scoffing at James Blunt, Skipping Rage and Keenan,(is that his name?) Gettin' baggy with the Happy Mondays....More dust and sunburns, savoring a cold beer, and some Chinese food from one of the vendors late, aching feet, windy nights, cute indie girls, ringing ears, and long walks back to the car, and then back up to do it all again the next day.
    Coachella is a happening I look forward to every year, a place to be overloaded with sound, light, and an international crowd coming to the Desert as one. Did I leave anything out? I am sure of it! And here I am this year anticipating all of it once again, especially The Verve, Love and Rockets, Fat boy slim, TurboNegro, Redd Kross, the list goes on and on.
    Before Coachella becomes just an amazing memory for all of us I would officially like to request these special reunions to play the Best music Fest in the World.
    Here they are:
    The Stone Roses, RIDE, Chapterhouse, Slowdive, My Bloody Valentine. And even though Echo & the Bunnymen are still touring and making albums, I think they deserve to be invited into the line-up!
    Thanks to an old school punk rock promoter (Goldenvoice) for being a visionary for truly great music!
    Keep it going PT!

Paul Koenigshofer
    Awsome man! Echo & the Bunnymen are mos definatley over due! Thanks for sharing man cant wait only 13 days left to go! ahh jeeya!

that's awesome.

don't you have by chance any extra 1999, 2001 booklets/schedules?

damn, I only need to get those ones in order to complete the collection.

^ I do have the original, but not sure if I have an extra... I will look.

PK
    Coachella 99' 01',02',03',04',05',06',07',08',09',10',11',12',13 ' and counting!!!

SPX clothing
    "We ride skis."

www.skipunx.com

Id like to add
    The Asteroid # 4 ,Outrageaus Cherry and The High Violets to my Coachella wish list.
    check them out!

SPX clothing
    "We ride skis."

www.skipunx.com

That entry reminded me of the Thank You song at the end of 40 oz. to Freedom.

Fucking rad.
    Quote Originally Posted by paganman7 View Post
    I had a dream that my wife cheated on me with Calmer. True story.
    Quote Originally Posted by TeamCoachellaHellYeah View Post
    Did you find pee in her butt?

i hope that a few years from now i can talk about stuff like that. that was a really good read, sounds like you had awesome times.

Great read, dude. I wish i had been going since the beginning. But hate to brake it to you Turbonegro canceled.
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    The Smiths - makes me think bin Laden has a point.

holly shit impressive!

que chingon cabron =p

youre from san clemente? ive lived in san clemente my whole life. best place in the world.

sounds like you have some nice VIP contacts.
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Because fucking millenials that's what

Quote Originally Posted by SPX_clothing View Post
    Here they are:
    Keep it going PT!

Paul Koenigshofer
    tl;dr

Cheers for that - As someone who's watched the action from afar every year and is finally hitting his first Coachella in 2008, it's nice to have confirmation of how epic and meaningful the experience can be.

I remember in 2003 I was watching blur on the main stage turned around and standing right behind me were cameron diaz and drew barrymore. haha to think they were behind me the whole time.
    "Strange things are afoot at the Circle K"

2013 = 12 Coachellas

do it do it do it do it do it do it do it now! say it say it say it say it say it say it say it now!

Quote Originally Posted by wstsidela View Post
    I should smack you in the head but I draw the line at gay bashing.
    Quote Originally Posted by psychic friend View Post
    use some common sense you asshats

sorry for the double post here but while we are talking reunions...Talking Heads and James please?
    "Strange things are afoot at the Circle K"

2013 = 12 Coachellas

do it do it do it do it do it do it do it now! say it say it say it say it say it say it say it now!

Quote Originally Posted by wstsidela View Post
    I should smack you in the head but I draw the line at gay bashing.
    Quote Originally Posted by psychic friend View Post
    use some common sense you asshats

Quote Originally Posted by geare213 View Post
    youre from san clemente? ive lived in san clemente my whole life. best place in the world.
    right on--
    ya I dig it down here... the surf, the vibe, most of the peeps.....
    but I like the mountains more.....
    see ya at the show!!

PK

SPX clothing
    "We ride skis."

www.skipunx.com

Quote Originally Posted by Blinken View Post
    Great read, dude. I wish i had been going since the beginning. But hate to brake it to you Turbonegro canceled.

They did? shit.. I was looking forward to seeing those ma'fuckers!! Oh well bummer! Still going to be another amazing year Iam sure!!

SPX clothing
    "We ride skis."

www.skipunx.com

I have the most vivid memory of that Coldplay moment. I had never even really listened to those guys before- but my friend was a die hard fan so I stood by her in the middle of that massive crowd and I was blown away by the entire crowd singing along...gives me chills to this day.
    I'm not a Lurker I just Lurk a lot.

are you ready to party like its 1999?
    The White Stripes 9/18

Mesa, Az, Amsterdam and Antwerp when I can!

Smile Re: Not missed a day since 1999, The beginning!

Oh so many memories! Nice to see someone that loves Coachella as much as my friends and I do. I should try and put my memories down in words! Stick it with all my memorabilia. I've been going since 99 and have only missed 2004. They moved the dates back to the first weekend of May and I already had 3 weeks planned and paid for in Amsterdam. I really missed not seeing Kraftwerk and so many others. Looking forward to them this year!
    One of my friends has been to them all. Some media lady took him backstage for an interview in 2006. He had a great time, as we were wondering where he had gone off too! He was smiling so much we thought he had gotten lucky or something! LOL!
    I make T-shirts for us to wear each year now to celebrate an awesome festival. It's such a great event! Hope everyone enjoys this year and stays safe!

Hey Coachella people! Back again..

So excited for: Echo & the Bunnymen, P.I.L. ,Orbital, Gary Numan, Specials, Ravonettes, Devo, MGNT, Pavement, LCD soundsystem, and doing it all over again for the 11th year.
    Cheers Coachella!

SPX clothing
    "We ride skis."

www.skipunx.com

Jesus Christ. You're like fucking Wooderson from Dazed & Confused.

Me too mang 11 !!!

ORBITAL is going to be one for the ages....

If you have been to every single day of Coachella then i am actually envious of you to an extent. I swear I thought I would never miss a Coachella when I went in 2001... I went to 01-03

Then in 2004, I had little money and was already scheduled to go to England. In 2005, I didn't try to save as I wasn't too enthused by the lineup, plus I was working two jobs and going to school.

From 2006 until now I have been helping my now-fiance raise a child and had to step away from spending $500-1000 on Coachella for a few years.

So glad I cut out energy drinks and fast food. It's been so much easier to save money over the past few months by simply doing that and I can finally make my return to Coachella after seven party-free years (I don't count bars or house parties as "partying"... that's amateur shit).

Hopefully I can develop a shitload of memorable experiences there to make up for time lost. So upset that I missed Rage in 2007.
    10/8 - Little Dragon @ Marquee (Tempe, AZ)
    10/11 - Carolina Chocolate Drops @ Rialto Theater (Tucson, AZ)
    11/10 - The Black Keys @ US Airways Center (Phoenix, AZ)
    4/10/15 - 4/12/15 - Coachella

Quote Originally Posted by GuyInTucson View Post

Hopefully I can develop a shitload of memorable experiences there to make up for time lost. So upset that I missed Rage in 2007.
    Well, i made it from Australia last year and are coming again this year.

It is and WILL BE, amazing.

We have gone every year-me and an assortment of my kids. Now my oldest is in her 30's and the youngest is 17. (No one went before their 13th birthday)Many good memories for all!

We all should start a Coachella 99 club.
    The Glitter Freeze

Coachella 99-10 Vet, the run has ended in 2011

Quote Originally Posted by C DUB YA View Post
    We all should start a Coachella 99 club.
    i second the motion.

for the l.a. marathon, they call them legacy runners...the folks who've completed every marathon since 1986....evidently they're down to a couple hundred.

i wonder how many of us coachella 99'ers are left...
    Last edited by reverb; 02-24-2010 at 10:09 AM. Reason: i can't tell the difference between 1982 and 1986
    ))<>((

I wish i would've attended the earlier years from 1999 to 2005. There were so many great acts that I missed and I would've loved to experience those years. But I've been attending since 2006 and I have yet to miss a day since then but it would've been cool to attend every year from the beginning.