Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 38

Thread: AFX on Friday, Prince on Saturday, ? on Sunday..

  1. #1
    Member Dave Gravy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    your mama's house
    Posts
    310

    Default AFX on Friday, Prince on Saturday, ? on Sunday..

    Ok, so who's gonna be added to Sunday?

  2. #2
    The Fro PassiveTheory's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    11,028

    Default Re: AFX on Friday, Prince on Saturday, ? on Sunday..

    Stop being greedy.
    Upcoming Shows:
    * Dillon Francis + Anamanaguchi -- December 28th

    Going to Weekend 1 of Coachella 2014


    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Cara. Don't judge a man for not being able to formulate a coherent thought. On an internet forum of all places.

  3. #3
    Member Dave Gravy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    your mama's house
    Posts
    310

    Default Re: AFX on Friday, Prince on Saturday, ? on Sunday..

    Sunday is looking mighty thin compared to the other days.

  4. #4
    The Fro PassiveTheory's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    11,028

    Default Re: AFX on Friday, Prince on Saturday, ? on Sunday..

    Again, stop being greedy.
    Upcoming Shows:
    * Dillon Francis + Anamanaguchi -- December 28th

    Going to Weekend 1 of Coachella 2014


    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Cara. Don't judge a man for not being able to formulate a coherent thought. On an internet forum of all places.

  5. #5
    old school orbit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    4,989

    Default Re: AFX on Friday, Prince on Saturday, ? on Sunday..

    perry farrell.

  6. #6
    DJ SallyBear sbessiso's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    SF
    Posts
    27,690

    Default Re: AFX on Friday, Prince on Saturday, ? on Sunday..

    BECK!
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Coyne
    People treat Arcade Fire like they're the greatest thing ever and they get away with it.

  7. #7
    Member Dave Gravy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    your mama's house
    Posts
    310

    Default Re: AFX on Friday, Prince on Saturday, ? on Sunday..

    I'm not being greedy, just wondering. That's all.

  8. #8
    DJ SallyBear sbessiso's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    SF
    Posts
    27,690

    Default Re: AFX on Friday, Prince on Saturday, ? on Sunday..

    yeah I mean theres that ENORMOUS gap in the new poster, one cant help but wonder
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Coyne
    People treat Arcade Fire like they're the greatest thing ever and they get away with it.

  9. #9
    Coachella Junkie
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    10,477

    Default Re: AFX on Friday, Prince on Saturday, ? on Sunday..

    Jack Johnson will be added to Sunday's lineup. Dont worry.

  10. #10
    whiney pain in butt
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    4,721

    Default Re: AFX on Friday, Prince on Saturday, ? on Sunday..

    Tom Petty = Sunday

  11. #11
    Member uniform72's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Camarillo, CA
    Posts
    341

    Default Re: AFX on Friday, Prince on Saturday, ? on Sunday..

    This is a little disrespectful to Roger Waters, isn't it?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sleeping Lion View Post
    My new gay friend who was camping with us banged a small Asian looking Canadian in the porta potty...

  12. #12
    Member Dave Gravy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    your mama's house
    Posts
    310

    Default Re: AFX on Friday, Prince on Saturday, ? on Sunday..

    Quote Originally Posted by uniform72 View Post
    This is a little disrespectful to Roger Waters, isn't it?
    I thought the Prince add was disrespectful to Portishead.

  13. #13
    whiney pain in butt
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    4,721

    Default Re: AFX on Friday, Prince on Saturday, ? on Sunday..

    Quote Originally Posted by uniform72 View Post
    This is a little disrespectful to Roger Waters, isn't it?
    It should be Jack Johnson but Sunday has less bands..

    YDTD!

  14. #14
    old school superfiction's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Woodinville, WA
    Posts
    5,697

    Default Re: AFX on Friday, Prince on Saturday, ? on Sunday..

    Quote Originally Posted by orbit View Post
    perry farrell.
    hahaha
    http://blogs.1077theend.com/internbryce/

    Quote Originally Posted by OnlyNonStranger View Post
    I bet all those Canucks fans from last year would love it if Mumford & Sons headlined.
    Quote Originally Posted by bobert View Post
    It is good rioting music.

  15. #15
    Member erikua's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Tucson, Arizona
    Posts
    114

    Default Re: AFX on Friday, Prince on Saturday, ? on Sunday..

    Chemical Brothers? I could only wish.

  16. #16
    Member uniform72's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Camarillo, CA
    Posts
    341

    Default Re: AFX on Friday, Prince on Saturday, ? on Sunday..

    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Gravy View Post
    I thought the Prince add was disrespectful to Portishead.
    Yeah, as much as I do not dislike Prince, I would much rather the focus be on them and Kraftwerk as it was.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sleeping Lion View Post
    My new gay friend who was camping with us banged a small Asian looking Canadian in the porta potty...

  17. #17

    Default Re: AFX on Friday, Prince on Saturday, ? on Sunday..

    Quote Originally Posted by uniform72 View Post
    Yeah, as much as I do not dislike Prince, I would much rather the focus be on them and Kraftwerk as it was.
    both this, and the statement made about disrespecting roger waters is just stupid.


    it doesn't take away from portishead and kraftwerk because A. kraftwerk was a subheadliner to begin with and B. EVERYONE on here agrees that portishead should have been a subheadliner from the get-go as well.



    roger waters i could care less about at this point. i literally have no interest in seeing him whatsoever. prince was added as a headliner, and should rightfully have the spotlight....HE'S PRINCE FOR GOD'S SAKE.



    nobody would give a shit on here if jack johnson was bumped instead.....
    RESPEK

  18. #18
    Member JClemy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Calgary, Ab
    Posts
    2,309

    Default Re: AFX on Friday, Prince on Saturday, ? on Sunday..

    Prince and Roger Waters are going to be awesome. Total win for Coachella.

  19. #19
    Member Dave Gravy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    your mama's house
    Posts
    310

    Default Re: AFX on Friday, Prince on Saturday, ? on Sunday..

    Quote Originally Posted by microlovebeat View Post
    it doesn't take away from portishead and kraftwerk because A. kraftwerk was a subheadliner to begin with and B. EVERYONE on here agrees that portishead should have been a subheadliner from the get-go as well.
    Who the fuck is EVERYONE?? I don't agree with it.

  20. #20

    Default Re: AFX on Friday, Prince on Saturday, ? on Sunday..

    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Gravy View Post
    Who the fuck is EVERYONE?? I don't agree with it.
    you don't count
    RESPEK

  21. #21
    Member Dave Gravy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    your mama's house
    Posts
    310

    Default Re: AFX on Friday, Prince on Saturday, ? on Sunday..

    Quote Originally Posted by microlovebeat View Post
    you don't count

  22. #22
    Coachella Junkie
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    10,477

    Default Re: AFX on Friday, Prince on Saturday, ? on Sunday..

    Quote Originally Posted by microlovebeat View Post
    both this, and the statement made about disrespecting roger waters is just stupid.


    it doesn't take away from portishead and kraftwerk because A. kraftwerk was a subheadliner to begin with and B. EVERYONE on here agrees that portishead should have been a subheadliner from the get-go as well.
    The reason "because everyone on here agrees that portishead should have been a sub-healdiner from the beginning" is extremely stupid. And you missed the point the person was trying to make.

  23. #23

    Default Re: AFX on Friday, Prince on Saturday, ? on Sunday..

    Quote Originally Posted by betao View Post
    The reason "because everyone on here agrees that portishead should have been a sub-healdiner from the beginning" is extremely stupid. And you missed the point the person was trying to make.
    ok not everyone but the vast MAJORITY on here said as soon as paul read the lineup at the press conference in mexico, "why is portishead headlining? they would have been the perfect subheadliner."



    don't try and argue against that
    RESPEK

  24. #24
    Coachella Junkie
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    10,477

    Default Re: AFX on Friday, Prince on Saturday, ? on Sunday..

    Quote Originally Posted by microlovebeat View Post
    ok not everyone but the vast MAJORITY on here said as soon as paul read the lineup at the press conference in mexico, "why is portishead headlining? they would have been the perfect subheadliner."



    don't try and argue against that
    I wont argue against that. Most people did say that.

    But because a message board thinks that doesnt mean its a logical excuse for Portishead getting bumped to a subheadlining position. Even if its Prince, it is still somewhat "disrespectful" to Portishead, for bumping them down a notch. I'm pretty sure they wanted to headline one of the most critically acclaimed festivals in the US, and were probably looking forward to it greatly.

    And before you say, I would defend Jack Johnson in the same situation. As much as I would love to see him get bumped, it is still disrespectful to him as well.

  25. #25

    Default Re: AFX on Friday, Prince on Saturday, ? on Sunday..

    Quote Originally Posted by betao View Post
    I wont argue against that. Most people did say that.

    But because a message board thinks that doesnt mean its a logical excuse for Portishead getting bumped to a subheadlining position. Even if its Prince, it is still somewhat "disrespectful" to Portishead, for bumping them down a notch. I'm pretty sure they wanted to headline one of the most critically acclaimed festivals in the US, and were probably looking forward to it greatly.

    And before you say, I would defend Jack Johnson in the same situation. As much as I would love to see him get bumped, it is still disrespectful to him as well.
    touche, sir. to each his own.
    RESPEK

  26. #26
    Coachella Junkie
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    10,477

    Default Re: AFX on Friday, Prince on Saturday, ? on Sunday..

    Quote Originally Posted by microlovebeat View Post
    touche, sir. to each his own.
    indeed to each his own. I was really looking forward to a less crowded coachella for my first experience, and using that advantage to be close for Kraftwerk, but now I am fearing Saturday's schedule after 6 PM. It is just a clusterfuck of awesomeness.

  27. #27

    Default Re: AFX on Friday, Prince on Saturday, ? on Sunday..

    Quote Originally Posted by betao View Post
    indeed to each his own. I was really looking forward to a less crowded coachella for my first experience, and using that advantage to be close for Kraftwerk, but now I am fearing Saturday's schedule after 6 PM. It is just a clusterfuck of awesomeness.
    you'll have fun regardless of how many people are there and you'll get the spot you want if you plan ahead.
    RESPEK

  28. #28

    Default Re: AFX on Friday, Prince on Saturday, ? on Sunday..

    Quote Originally Posted by microlovebeat View Post


    EVERYONE on here agrees that portishead should have been a subheadliner from the get-go as well.


    speak for yourself buddy. portishead is the main reason i'm going. i've been waiting for this shit since i was 13.

  29. #29

    Default Re: AFX on Friday, Prince on Saturday, ? on Sunday..

    Quote Originally Posted by sadsappysucker View Post
    speak for yourself buddy. portishead is the main reason i'm going. i've been waiting for this shit since i was 13.
    i speak for everyone and that's how it goes, son.
    RESPEK

  30. #30
    Coachella Junkie
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    10,477

    Default Re: AFX on Friday, Prince on Saturday, ? on Sunday..

    Yeah I know i'll have all the fun in the world. I just hope Kraftwerk goes on after Prince, if they go on before, the crowd will just grow massively in numbers during the set. I'm dying to see how they do saturday night.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-03-2009, 04:25 PM
  2. Friday, Saturday and Sunday Ticket available
    By *Kaitlyn in forum Passes
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 03-25-2009, 06:48 PM
  3. Friday, Saturday, Sunday tickets
    By alongcame in forum Passes
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 03-09-2008, 06:42 PM
  4. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-26-2007, 04:15 PM
  5. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-25-2007, 08:08 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •