Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 34

Thread: Is it possible to straighten your hair?

Hybrid View

  1. #1

    Default Is it possible to straighten your hair?

    Every day when you onsite camp?

  2. #2
    Member Meadowsmeister's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    UK/CALIFORNIA
    Posts
    292

    Default Re: Is it possible to straighten your hair?

    david?
    guy?
    hair?
    straighten?
    emo.....

  3. #3
    zeezus amyzzz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Arizzzona
    Posts
    40,256

    Default Re: Is it possible to straighten your hair?

    I don't think there are electric outlets at the campground. Hook up with someone who has a hotel room and you're set.
    Quote Originally Posted by chairmenmeow47 View Post
    i fucking hate women with their lives together who try and help other people. where are the needy bitches at?!

  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    uk, devon
    Posts
    124

    Default Re: Is it possible to straighten your hair?

    Im soooo not bothering with all that....leaving my GHD's at home!!!!!
    I carried a watermelon??

  5. #5
    Member dedzilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    58

    Default Re: Is it possible to straighten your hair?

    Oddly enough, I was thinking the same thing. I mean, I'm all about roughing it but what if I want to fix my hair and look nice one of those nights? If you're driving or renting a car, you might try getting an adapter for the car which turns your cigarette lighter into an electrical outlet. I have one but absolutely do not remember where I bought it. I think they sell them at REI, maybe? If not, I think they sell cordless/battery powered straighteners.

  6. #6
    Member shmamber's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    191

    Default Re: Is it possible to straighten your hair?

    In 2004, I thought that I might want to look nice and straighten my hair, too. I learned very quickly that it was just so damn hot that it really didn't matter. Plus, never underestimate your need for a hat!

  7. #7
    Member foto_synthesis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Miami, FL
    Posts
    199

    Thumbs up Re: Is it possible to straighten your hair?

    Quote Originally Posted by shmamber View Post
    In 2004, I thought that I might want to look nice and straighten my hair, too. I learned very quickly that it was just so damn hot that it really didn't matter. Plus, never underestimate your need for a hat!
    Well said! All I need is a scrunchie, some pins, and a hat! (And maybe a pinch of hairspray) Bam! All set!
    I'm starving... let's get some f*ckin french toast!

  8. #8

    Default Re: Is it possible to straighten your hair?

    asking the questions that matter. (thank christ.) i plan to go back to curly by then. mika is sneaking it back en vogue. promise.

  9. #9

    Default Re: Is it possible to straighten your hair?

    ThinkGeek has a car power adapter.
    http://www.thinkgeek.com/gadgets/electronic/7ab2/

    Not only good for your hair straightener, but also for your laptop, coffeemaker, Sonicare, microwave,...

  10. #10
    Member dedzilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    58

    Default Re: Is it possible to straighten your hair?

    Quote Originally Posted by Melissa View Post
    ThinkGeek has a car power adapter.
    http://www.thinkgeek.com/gadgets/electronic/7ab2/

    Not only good for your hair straightener, but also for your laptop, coffeemaker, Sonicare, microwave,...
    <3 think geek

  11. #11

    Default Re: Is it possible to straighten your hair?

    ahahaha

  12. #12

    Default Re: Is it possible to straighten your hair?

    Cool thought on the power adapter... Let's hope it isn't too hot in the desert where your 'press' isn't ruined by sweat. (though you did mention straightening it everyday) Cheers !
    How come you didn't tell me you were eating dog food?

  13. #13

    Default Re: Is it possible to straighten your hair?

    Thank you all for your answers. Thanks.

    And Meadowsmeister, if you weren't that ignorant you would know that what you call emo is in fact "scene" and that what you call emo kids are in fact "scene kids" though they listen to mtvmo (third wave emo).

    Anyway, thank you all for your replies.

  14. #14

    Default Re: Is it possible to straighten your hair?

    Quote Originally Posted by David_w View Post
    Thank you all for your answers. Thanks.

    And Meadowsmeister, if you weren't that ignorant you would know that what you call emo is in fact "scene" and that what you call emo kids are in fact "scene kids" though they listen to mtvmo (third wave emo).

    Anyway, thank you all for your replies.
    From the mouth of a first wave emo powderpuff.

  15. #15

    Default Re: Is it possible to straighten your hair?

    Quote Originally Posted by Robocop View Post
    From the mouth of a first wave emo powderpuff.
    Indeed.

  16. #16
    business time tessalasset's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    8,978

    Default Re: Is it possible to straighten your hair?

    mtvmo (third wave emo)
    that is the coolest thing i've ever heard.

    dude don't worry about your hair. it will be too hot and you will get too sweaty and all that time pressing your hair will go to waste when it frizzes out again. don't worry about how you look and just have fun. plus, you'll probably be too tired by the time the show gets out each night to go do more shit.


    Quote Originally Posted by Ardentbiscuit View Post
    This is the equivalent of musical water boarding.

  17. #17

    Default Re: Is it possible to straighten your hair?

    Quote Originally Posted by tessalasset View Post
    that is the coolest thing i've ever heard.

    dude don't worry about your hair. it will be too hot and you will get too sweaty and all that time pressing your hair will go to waste when it frizzes out again. don't worry about how you look and just have fun. plus, you'll probably be too tired by the time the show gets out each night to go do more shit.
    Lol, thanks.

    Anyway, I hope I won't sweat that much.. But yeah,I guess I'll find out. ^^

  18. #18
    vinylmartyr
    Guest

    Default Re: Is it possible to straighten your hair?

    wear a hat or suffer

  19. #19
    Member randy ricochet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    London
    Posts
    935

    Default Re: Is it possible to straighten your hair?

    puff!

  20. #20

    Default Re: Is it possible to straighten your hair?

    You WILL sweat a ton, and my hair looks terrible every year. What's worse is that it's in the LA area, so there are a ton of people walking around with perfect hair. This year I have bangs too, I'm really screwed. That car adapter is looking tempting...

  21. #21

    Default Re: Is it possible to straighten your hair?

    I just need to straighted my hair.. I hate so bad having bad hair days!

  22. #22
    Member Quentin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    San Francisco Ca
    Posts
    396

    Default Re: Is it possible to straighten your hair?

    I'm actually plannin on cutting my hair soon cause it's getting a bit long. Long black asian hair in the desert isn't going to go over well with me.
    Peace, Love and Coachella.

  23. #23

    Default Re: Is it possible to straighten your hair?

    Haha I'll probably die too in the desert.. nut what the fuck, if I can have nice hair just a coupke of hours every day I'll be happy. but I'm NOT going to cut it.

  24. #24
    Member kimery08's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    southern california
    Posts
    1,447

    Default Re: Is it possible to straighten your hair?

    wear a hat.

    trust me.

  25. #25

    Default Re: Is it possible to straighten your hair?

    I hate hats...

  26. #26
    Member kimery08's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    southern california
    Posts
    1,447

    Default Re: Is it possible to straighten your hair?

    i hate straightening my hair in 103 degree weather when its only going to curl back up in the first 10 minutes because of the heat.

  27. #27
    Lurker
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Texas!
    Posts
    18

    Default Re: Is it possible to straighten your hair?

    I had to have a giggle at this thread... but good on ya for wanting to look fab, David_w.

    So I went looking (see how hard I'm tryin for ya LOL) -- Conair has a cordless:
    Cordless Ceramic 1" Straightener - model #TC607BC
    $21.99 on their website, available at all the usuals: Walmart, Target, Kohls, etc.

    Only prob -- it runs on butane thermal cell. Probably not officially allowed into the campground. Depends on how thorough the search is, and if it's confiscated, you're SOL and curly for the weekend.

    Been to ACLFest with long straight hair and a ponytail, doesn't matter how dry the weather, your own personal climate will frizz that hair though. I don't like hats either but gave in last year for a straw cheapie and life was much better. Plus my husband thought it was cute.

  28. #28

    Default Re: Is it possible to straighten your hair?

    Quote Originally Posted by Dead*Squirrel View Post
    I had to have a giggle at this thread... but good on ya for wanting to look fab, David_w.

    So I went looking (see how hard I'm tryin for ya LOL) -- Conair has a cordless:
    Cordless Ceramic 1" Straightener - model #TC607BC
    $21.99 on their website, available at all the usuals: Walmart, Target, Kohls, etc.

    Only prob -- it runs on butane thermal cell. Probably not officially allowed into the campground. Depends on how thorough the search is, and if it's confiscated, you're SOL and curly for the weekend.

    Been to ACLFest with long straight hair and a ponytail, doesn't matter how dry the weather, your own personal climate will frizz that hair though. I don't like hats either but gave in last year for a straw cheapie and life was much better. Plus my husband thought it was cute.
    Omg! Thank you so so so much!!!! <3

  29. #29
    old school dontfeedthebird's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Traveling man.
    Posts
    3,981

    Default Re: Is it possible to straighten your hair?

    For healthy hair, you should avoid adding heat at any cost...
    At some point in time a man switches from "I'll have what he's having" to "I'll have what I'm having."

  30. #30

    Smile Re: Is it possible to straighten your hair?

    Quote Originally Posted by dontfeedthebird View Post
    For healthy hair, you should avoid adding heat at any cost...

    Are you a hairstylist too? lol
    Since attending lollapalooza & Coachella, I've noticed lots of people with some
    luscious massive amounts of curl. If anyone plans on having a good time, perfect hair for these fests will not last long. (unless it's braided, twisted, dreaded, or something else intricate)
    How come you didn't tell me you were eating dog food?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •