Thread: New post-PRINCE GA count up thread...

Default New post-PRINCE GA count up thread...

I think it is due with the announcement...may be a rather short life, though!

At GA84 as of now.

Default Re: New post-PRINCE GA count up thread...

So it jumped up a few days ago, right?

At first, I thought it had jumped this afternoon.

Yeah, it jumped on the 7th. Good luck in keeping up now. I smell a sellout within a week.

Quote Originally Posted by digitalface View Post
    Yeah, it jumped on the 7th. Good luck in keeping up now. I smell a sellout within a week.
    is that what that smell is?
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Coyne
    People treat Arcade Fire like they're the greatest thing ever and they get away with it.

Smells kinda FUNKY!

Banned

yeah i still have to buy a set. i was gonna wait till friday but to be safe, gonna buy them right now.

Yep. I was waiting too. I just got a set for $285 inclusive on Ebay. That's a nice $30 savings. I also have a bid in on another set, but I'm hoping I don't have to turn around and sell it later. I've got enough to handle trying to get rid of some extra camping tix.

what does GA84 mean?

You might try reading http://www.coachella.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15047, but generally, it is a number printed on the tickets that is attributed (we think) to a certain number of tickets sold. It's out hackneyed way of predicting how many tickets have gone out the door and how soon they will sell out.

PF, will you still give a heads up before sellout?

Quote Originally Posted by JorgeC View Post
    PF, will you still give a heads up before sellout?
    She did say she would.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    And it's been long established that Chris hates fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatinisbad View Post
    I took my niece this year and it was her first Coachella. It was so fun to see it through her eyes. She thought it felt like a magical scene from Shreck. The one where all the fairy tale creatures meet for the first time in Shreck's swamp.

The going theory if I recall is that each GA# is somewhere close to 500 tickets.

Gauging from last year's sell out things started to go crazy around GA85 before it sold out shortly there-after.

The sudden jump from GA72 to GA84 a couple days ago was a little weird but people seem to think those are attributed to all the various ticket giveaways from radio stations etc.

The numbering system could be different this year than last based on how quickly single-day tickets were cut off this year. There might have been less allotted for single-days.

We never saw that last year (or did we?) and comps/giveaways happen every year, so I don't agree with that.

i have a different theory about the GA jump...I think the 11 GAs that were set aside (73-83) are going to be released as single day tickets to boost the attendance.

Quote Originally Posted by JorgeC View Post
    We never saw that last year (or did we?) and comps/giveaways happen every year, so I don't agree with that.

i have a different theory about the GA jump...I think the 11 GAs that were set aside (73-83) are going to be released as single day tickets to boost the attendance.

That's a good theory.

Though...somewhere in the GA thread, I did the math on last years numbers, and theorized that there were 6000 comps. So...

Quote Originally Posted by fsm10 View Post
    The going theory if I recall is that each GA# is somewhere close to 500 tickets.

Gauging from last year's sell out things started to go crazy around GA85 before it sold out shortly there-after.

The sudden jump from GA72 to GA84 a couple days ago was a little weird but people seem to think those are attributed to all the various ticket giveaways from radio stations etc.

The numbering system could be different this year than last based on how quickly single-day tickets were cut off this year. There might have been less allotted for single-days.
    yeah but that would only be 42500 tickets...there were 60000 there. even with the theorized 6000 give aways thats not enough. hmmm I wish there was an accurate way to track this stuff from the outside.
    "Strange things are afoot at the Circle K"

2013 = 12 Coachellas

do it do it do it do it do it do it do it now! say it say it say it say it say it say it say it now!

Quote Originally Posted by wstsidela View Post
    I should smack you in the head but I draw the line at gay bashing.
    Quote Originally Posted by psychic friend View Post
    use some common sense you asshats

Quote Originally Posted by Sonicifyouwantit View Post
    yeah but that would only be 42500 tickets...there were 60000 there. even with the theorized 6000 give aways thats not enough.
    Yeah, but you're leaving out the 1 days...theoretically another 10,000 per day.

But yeah, those numbers can't be compared, because I believe that climb to GA 86 (or whatever) was slow and steady, not with a big jump. Actually, there was a jump in the last couple days, but it was up to GA124 or GA125. But there was never a point where ticket sales jumped because they pulled out the comps. (Or whatever caused that.)

Best case scenario right now...37,500 3-days, 5500 comps, 10,000 single days per day= 53,000. But I don't really believe they sold 10,000 single days. Probably 5,000 per day. Still, that's 48,000- not bad.

BTW...just a thought. People say "too late" on the Prince add to help sales. I say "Too late for THIS year." I think it's an investment in their future. The economy this year was going to take it's toll no matter what the lineup. The Prince thing is going to add to the "anything can happen" mystique when tickets go on sale in future years. Not that they should have to pull that off every year, but it will make people less hesitant.

and make for a happier crowd this year, and the happier they are the more likely they will come back
    7/2 Batwings Catwings @ Los Globos, 7/11 Nick Cave, Warpaint @ the Shrine, 7/18-20 Pemberton, 7/27 Babymetal @ Fonda, 8/1 Arcade Fire, the Unicorns, Dan Deacon at the Forum, 8/2 Burger a-Go-Go, 8/9 Warpaint @ Observatory, 8/10 Warpaint @ The Ace, 8/23-24 FYF Fest, 9/19 Chvrches @ Palladium, 9/30 Cibo Matto @ the Roxy, 10/16 Massive Attack @ Greek Theater