Thread: Does it make anyone else mad?

Default Does it make anyone else mad?

When you see companies on the east coast buying tickets to resell back at astronomical prices? Didn't ticketmaster say they were gonna get a hold on that?

Default Re: Does it make anyone else mad?

the only way to guard against this is to show valid id while entering the venue. the only gig i've been to that this actually worked was radiohead in san diego this past year. you were allowed 4 tix through w.a.s.t.e and we had to show i.d. before getting our tickets at the window. that being said there wasn't anything stopping us from then selling them at the gate which we obviously didn't. you can't do anything with 150,000 tix. you can't expect tm to ask this many people to show id. also, tm shouldn't allow 8 tix to be purchased at one time and then expect each ticket to be used by the purchaser. tm may say they want to reduce the amount of scalped tix but there is ABSOLUTELY NO WAY to stop this. you just can't because of the amount of tix being purchased. the only other way to completely stop this at least on ebay is to make california a non-scalped state like massachusetts. ebay won't allow tix to be sold for more than face value in these states. so, while it is considered legal in the state of california to sell for over face value and tm isn't asking for valid i.d. at the door there's nothing anyone can do.

Actually in UK festivals there is a change in how tickets are sent out, although it's more for security.

For instance, at Glastonbury, the tickets were supposed to have the details of the purchaser on the barcode, or on the actual ticket, and when you went to enter you had to provide i.d showing that you were the rightful owner of the ticket.
    At T In The Park, for security and stop people re-using tickets they scanned the tickets, and that told the system whether the person was inside or outsie the festival. Then if they went to come back in, they had to be re-scanned to get back in.

Reading this through it doesn't make much sense, but if anyone asks I'll try and explain better.
    Monkey with a miniature cymbal...

Honestly though, everyones out to make a quick profit, and reselling tickets for sold out shows is a HUGE profit tournaround. Incubus tickets for here in austin were $40, i was online and on the phone the minute they were on sale and couldnt get one, and people were selling them on ebay for around $350. I think it would be super hard to stop scalping, if not impossible, but ebay should implement laws about selling over face value.

Quote Originally Posted by Disco! View Post
    Actually in UK festivals there is a change in how tickets are sent out, although it's more for security.

For instance, at Glastonbury, the tickets were supposed to have the details of the purchaser on the barcode, or on the actual ticket, and when you went to enter you had to provide i.d showing that you were the rightful owner of the ticket....
    Funny you mention this festival, but it looks like they may be going beyond the barcode and putting a picture of the purchaser on the ticket. I found this article, via ACL forum: Glasto Puts Fans In The Picture. I think it's a great idea. Easier than making everything will-call.

Lurker

no i get mad when a girl says she doesn't like to give bj's

^^^^^ don't get married then

yea it's a savage animal

Yea but I'm pretty sure that most of the tickets that were available via pre sale were bought by these companies