Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why not just go ahead and have Ministry take Turbonegros spot

Wink Why not just go ahead and have Ministry take Turbonegros spot

It's Al's farewell tour for cryin' out loud! Totally different from Turbonegro but they bring the rock and they would fit quite nicely.

Coachella Junkie malcolmjamalawesome's Avatar

Default Re: Why not just go ahead and have Ministry take Turbonegros spot

I keep trying to say "bring the rock" but I feel like it doesn't work unless you're mentally retarded or have an extra chromosome or something.
    Quote Originally Posted by ruetheday View Post
    I don't fucking care. I don't even know who the hell Dave Wang is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Devin the Dude View Post
    you used to be that guy that just Dave Wang's everybody. that guy. he's gone now, and whoever you really are showed up, and that was utter disappointment.

I bring the rock daily.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Remember Hitler? I don't but here we are again .. cr****

Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    I bring the rock daily.
    Ohh fuck yeah!

Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    I keep trying to say "bring the rock" but I feel like it doesn't work unless you're mentally retarded or have an extra chromosome or something.

“You can cut your split ends, but you can't cut your roots” – Groove Armada

http://www.believedhype.com/

Ministry would be fuckin awesome!!

i'm catching them tomorrow in hollywood... ministry @ coach would be awesome (even if very unlikely)... their set list for 'final world tour ever' leaves ALOT to be desired...

maybe if they played Twitch or earlier stuff

Quote Originally Posted by jazzz View Post
    maybe if they played Twitch or earlier stuff
    maybe if he actually sung a single song more than six years old... which he isn't...

They are on the east coast all Coachella weekend last time I checked.

A few tours back...maybe 2002 or 2003...they did something from Twitch in the encore. Half the crowd was elated, half was very confused. This was the last tour with Paul...I think whatever was left of the old Ministry left with him.

I'm both disappointed and happy to hear they aren't doing any old stuff. Disappointed because Al said they were going to be doing a "2 1/2 hour career spanning setlist". Happy, because I decided to skip it since it was so close to Coachella, and I'm glad I'm not missing much.

I saw Rio Grande Blood tour and thought the set list was reasonably good...plenty from Rape/Mind/Psalm and mostly good stuff from the newer albums. Nothing from the sludgy Filth/Spoon era. They did a full version of So What...that's all ya need, really.

EDIT- That's the tour they had a full hour set of Revolting Cocks as the opener. So I'm probably being more charitable towards the Ministry set than I should be...by the time they started, I had already gotten my money's worth.
    Last edited by M Sparks; 04-04-2008 at 05:42 AM.
    The Tinychat password is coache11a

Quote Originally Posted by Shiloka View Post
    Share the art bus to enhance the festival... can be used as stage for band ...
    I can also come early and help set up ...
    How can you say no to this offer, Goldenvoice?

Oh my god...this blows...

So glad I'm not going. I would have been pissed.

Quote Originally Posted by M Sparks View Post
    They are on the east coast all Coachella weekend last time I checked.

A few tours back...maybe 2002 or 2003...they did something from Twitch in the encore. Half the crowd was elated, half was very confused. This was the last tour with Paul...I think whatever was left of the old Ministry left with him.

I'm both disappointed and happy to hear they aren't doing any old stuff. Disappointed because Al said they were going to be doing a "2 1/2 hour career spanning setlist". Happy, because I decided to skip it since it was so close to Coachella, and I'm glad I'm not missing much.

I saw Rio Grande Blood tour and thought the set list was reasonably good...plenty from Rape/Mind/Psalm and mostly good stuff from the newer albums. Nothing from the sludgy Filth/Spoon era. They did a full version of So What...that's all ya need, really.

EDIT- That's the tour they had a full hour set of Revolting Cocks as the opener. So I'm probably being more charitable towards the Ministry set than I should be...by the time they started, I had already gotten my money's worth.
    EXACTLY! and those old songs in the 1st encore aren't even sang by him... they're sung by the guy from Fear Factory... the last tour had a perfect setlist... this one doesn't even have Stigmata or Psalm 69... sux!

wow, that set list does blow. if i'd have dropped the $50 to see THAT i'd be pissed. and this is coming from a guy who holds that palladium show with kmfdm as one of the top 5 shows i've ever seen in my life.

dodged that bullet.
    ))<>((

Hmm I caught the last tour but missed this one. I'd like to see 'em at Coach though regardless of the set list. The last couple albums were pretty good, and I've already heard the old stuff live.

Last time I saw Ministry was on the Psalm 69 tour. Considering the later stuff he put out and that setlist above I would be very disappointed. It would be great to see them (or really him) if he really did cover a lot of the old material.

But that's even a bad setlist even if you love the new albums.

First of all, it's 5 in a row from the new album, then 4 in a row from 2 albums ago, then 4 in a row from the last album. That's just bad tracking. There's no art to it. And ending on Khyber Pass?

Plus, I really enjoyed the last album, but Senior Peligro is one of my least favorites. I mean, Fear Is Big Business is MASSIVE live, and The Great Satan was probably the last time they got close to a hit...why not one of those two? And ending on Khyber Pass is kinda weird. Artistically, it's a good song, but it's long and slow.

Likewise, Waiting was one of the weaker tracks on Houses Of The Mole, and Worthless isn't much better. Actually, No W is probably the only really good track on that album. Warp City is kind of cool, but I don't think they've done that live.

I also thought Animositisomina was a good album as far as recent stuff goes, better than Houses Of The Mole. Houses gets 4 songs and Animositisomina gets zero? And they close with 3 covers? Animositisomina had a cover of The Light Pours Out Of Me that's probably one of my favorite Ministry tracks ever, and it kills live.

Finally, even if they aren't going to do old synth stuff, leaving out Rape & Honey is unforgivable. And if it's really the LAST tour ever, then you really should throw in at least one cheeseball old track. Do a speed metal version of All Day or something, just for laughs.

SO glad I went to the last tour with RevCo...that was probably a more fitting farewell.

Fuck this tour just listen to the Shinctour live album
    Quote Originally Posted by NiceArthur32 View Post
    theres nothing gay about snowballing...

Quote Originally Posted by reverb View Post
    wow, that set list does blow. if i'd have dropped the $50 to see THAT i'd be pissed. and this is coming from a guy who holds that palladium show with kmfdm as one of the top 5 shows i've ever seen in my life.

dodged that bullet.
    You saw them with KMFDM? I am jealous. I did see KMFDM once and they put on a good show.

and this is coming from a guy who holds that palladium show with kmfdm as one of the top 5 shows i've ever seen in my life.
    What year was that? I've seen KMFDM 3 times and they are always great, never mind-blowing. '97 was probably the best tour I saw...Sacha, En Esch, Gunter, John DeSalvo, Tim Skold, and... Ogre!

But no matter the lineup, they just never seem to push it over the top live. Sascha's passion is definitely in the studio.

Quote Originally Posted by Trailmix View Post
    You saw them with KMFDM? I am jealous. I did see KMFDM once and they put on a good show.
    Ahhh...I misread that. So, that would have been the '89 tour, right?

Ministry was phenominal that tour, but I don't think KMFDM had found themselves yet.

wow, that set list does blow. if i'd have dropped the $50 to see THAT i'd be pissed. .
    \

it was more like $75...

yeah... not playing Fear Is Big Business or Great Satan is just stupid... and they just added Lies Lies Lies to the setlist after the first couple shows... not playing Stigmata is blasphemous! not even the best of the last three albums... (except the Roadhouse Blues cover)
    Last edited by nbvwes; 04-05-2008 at 01:35 AM.

No Jesus Built My Hotrod?
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    And it's been long established that Chris hates fun.

Quote Originally Posted by nbvwes View Post
    EXACTLY! and those old songs in the 1st encore aren't even sang by him... they're sung by the guy from Fear Factory...
    WTF?? the 1st encore is the only part of that setlist that looked good to me. why doesnt he sing them?

when i saw this thread title i thought ministry was a great idea, then i read this thread and am glad they arent there. no stigmata? fuck that shit!

Quote Originally Posted by rage patton View Post
    No Jesus Built My Hotrod?
    I do not think they usually play that song since the singer is the guy from the Butthole Surfers

I saw them last weekend and they had the same setlist as above. I used to be a huge fan but kind of fell of after Filth Pig. I first saw them in 92 at the second Lollapalooza and then saw them a couple years later on the Psalm 69 tour. I figured I should see them one last time before Al goes off to be a country DJ or whatever he's planning on doing with Lard. At this show I kept waiting for him to do something I recognized but sadly it wasn't until the encore that that happened. The covers they did for the second encore were interesting but when the house lights went up I was somewhat disappointed. I have no idea why he's abandoned his old catalog but I sure would have liked to have heard more early stuff on their farewell tour.

Psalm tour was the stuff. Helmet and Sepultra opening up ripped.

blue/green planet, 3 from the sun, can't miss it

I got really excited seeing the title of this thread, but then was so disappointed with the set list. I hadn't really kept up with them the last few albums.
    04' 05' 07' 08' 09' 10' 11' 12' 13'
    Metric, Of Monsters, Local Natives, Beach House, Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Band of Horses, Stone Roses, Foals, Tegan and Sara or How to Destroy 2 Bears, Violent Femmes, Portugal, Hot Chip, Spiritualized, Simian Mobile or Postal, Moby, New Order, Sigur Ros DIIV, Oh Sees, Grimes, Paul K, Oakey, Vampire Weekend, Pretty LIghts, OMD, WU, RHCP, Dead Can Dance

Psalm tour was the stuff. Helmet and Sepultra opening up ripped.
    Agreed - that was an awesome lineup, glad I caught that tour. I was frying out of my mind and terrified of the insane pit.

I do not think they usually play that song since the singer is the guy from the Butthole Surfers
    They've done it every other time I've seen them, I think. I know for sure they did it on the Animositisomina tour.

I had to go back and watch In Case You Didn't Feel Like Showing Up to make up for the suckiness of their last show. They were definitely on their game for that tour.