80. You may not vote on this poll
  • Chicago Bears

36 45.00%
  • Indianapolis Colts

44 55.00%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Take a Stand

Default Re: Take a Stand

Colts will win. I want the Bears to win.
    -----------------------

Coachella Junkie schoolofruckus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Stefinitely Maybe View Post
    There was one game (I can't remember when exactly) where the Colts were way ahead, and it was late in the fourth quarter, and the opposing team messed up, and Manning could have just run the ball into the endzone and run up the score, but instead he took a knee and let the clock run out. I always thought he was pretty cool since then.
    That doesn't erase the dozens of games in which Manning kept throwing for the endzone even when his team was up 20 or 30 points. Look it up. There were a bunch of games in 2004, when he set the single-season TD record, in which his team was scoring in the 40's while the other team was in the teens, and he's throwing for 4, 5, 6 touchdowns. Six fucking touchdowns, against the Lions, on Thanksgiving, on a day when the Lions only scored 3 field goals. Real classy guy. That was the day where I began to hate him, and I don't even like the fucking Lions.

His records will forever reek of chasing, and that's why he deserves to die with no rings on his fingers.

I voted colts, but I've only really started watching football this year(time differential is a bastard) and from everything I've heard, Manning does deserve to win it.
    At least it's better than the shit I've had to put up with about the Saints possibly winning it.
    Monkey with a miniature cymbal...

Quote Originally Posted by schoolofruckus View Post
    That doesn't erase the dozens of games in which Manning kept throwing for the endzone even when his team was up 20 or 30 points. Look it up. There were a bunch of games in 2004, when he set the single-season TD record, in which his team was scoring in the 40's while the other team was in the teens, and he's throwing for 4, 5, 6 touchdowns. Six fucking touchdowns, against the Lions, on Thanksgiving, on a day when the Lions only scored 3 field goals. Real classy guy. That was the day where I began to hate him, and I don't even like the fucking Lions.

His records will forever reek of chasing, and that's why he deserves to die with no rings on his fingers.
    So what? Should a team with a great lead start taking knees? Or just end the game when there's a massive point differential?
    If anything going for the end-zone gave the Lions plenty of chances for interceptions.
    Don't hate on a guy for wanting to be the best at what he does, it's why he gets paid what he does.
    Monkey with a miniature cymbal...

i cant believe the bears are winning this poll. im pretty sure theyre going to get blown out.

no surprises, grossman makes two mistakes early in the game that puts chicago in a hole they cant climb out of. the colts will score on nearly every possession.

41 - 13.

Banned

I can't believe schoolofruckus isn't gay

Banned

hahahaha nice avatar

Banned

You should see the picture of you mom on my desktop. It's more erotic

*giggle*

Banned

****!!

Banned

what the fuck I cant say P I N G

Banned

Be one with mother-earth and she may allow you, but to be one with her you have to sleep with her.

Quote Originally Posted by Disco! View Post
    So what? Should a team with a great lead start taking knees? Or just end the game when there's a massive point differential?
    If anything going for the end-zone gave the Lions plenty of chances for interceptions.
    Don't hate on a guy for wanting to be the best at what he does, it's why he gets paid what he does.
    No, a team with a lead should run the ball, protect its lead, and not try to show up a clearly inferior team. Not to mention the potential injury risks to your QB... I wish the Lions (or any other team that got blown out by the Colts that season) would have unleashed an all-out blitz and thrown Peyton on his ass. I completely agree with schoolio's statements. And your point of "going for the end-zone gave the Lions plenty of chances for interceptions" is just not right. I don't want to come across as being mean, but that statement sounds baseless and uninformed.
    -----------------------

Banned

I just got watching a simulation match on Madden on my PS3 and it was a tie

Whoever is voting for the Bears doesn't know shit about football. sorry.
    Quote Originally Posted by efrain44 View Post
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

Pledge: If the 'ears win, I will use 'om's line as my sig for an entire year.
    Last edited by Yablonowitz; 02-01-2007 at 10:55 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by ByTheWay, View Post
    If anyone raped or molested my wife or child i'd off them myself so I guess it doesn't matter. If you don't feel those type of emotions in that situation then that is you and in my opinion makes you a twisted person from a twisted state (UTAH) if that is where your from!

go ahead and crown their asses yablo
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

Maybe we should make this a little more interesting. I'm going to think on this.
    Quote Originally Posted by ByTheWay, View Post
    If anyone raped or molested my wife or child i'd off them myself so I guess it doesn't matter. If you don't feel those type of emotions in that situation then that is you and in my opinion makes you a twisted person from a twisted state (UTAH) if that is where your from!

Quote Originally Posted by nothingman00 View Post
    No, a team with a lead should run the ball, protect its lead, and not try to show up a clearly inferior team. Not to mention the potential injury risks to your QB... I wish the Lions (or any other team that got blown out by the Colts that season) would have unleashed an all-out blitz and thrown Peyton on his ass. I completely agree with schoolio's statements. And your point of "going for the end-zone gave the Lions plenty of chances for interceptions" is just not right. I don't want to come across as being mean, but that statement sounds baseless and uninformed.
    I couldn't have said it better myself. Let's keep in mind, Peyton Manning's running back in 2004 was Edgerrin James, who (at least before he got to the Cardinals) was one of the absolute best rushers in the league. Peyton absolutely did not need to pad his stats the way he did; it helped his team in no way other than to get media coverage for his numbers.

Also, I will go ahead and admit that part of the reason I despite the Colts so much is that they've tormented my team (the almighty Broncos) so much in recent years. But I also feel like they're a supremely overrated bunch with a mysteriously-adored quarterback that I find the definition of hateable - I mean, sometimes I feel like I'm the only one who notices all his sideline temper-tantrums anytime any of his teammates botches a play or they have to punt. Every time they get exposed, he's over there making that trademark whiny face, slapping his thigh pads, yelling at everyone else. When they lose big games (like Pittsburgh last year), he throws his line under the bus, or starts a press conference feud with his place kicker....and this is the guy that is America's football darling? There's a line around the block to lick this guy's taint?

And in this 2006 NFL season - which has been one of the flat-out wackiest in recent memory - I can see no more perfect an ending than the Bears, a team from the clearly-inferior NFC, taking home the title.

Hunting has been part of our society since the first Europeans came over and shot buffalo and Native Americans and whatnot.
    ---
    The Dive Poets

Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Says the guy who roots for the Cardinals every year.

I root for the Cardinals because they're the only team I have. I don't expect them to win, though. except when I drink the Kool Aid in the offseason.

super bowl....... booring....

Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    That's what people said about the Patriots when they played the Rams ...

not me.

two words. Rex Grossman.

Quote Originally Posted by GrayRobot View Post
    super bowl....... booring....
    Is the superbowl played by ghosts or something?

I don't know but I predict a midget with a guitar will play a Foo Fighters song...
    Quote Originally Posted by God
    Do you want to continue talking about Lizards?

Quote Originally Posted by schoolofruckus View Post
    I couldn't have said it better myself. Let's keep in mind, Peyton Manning's running back in 2004 was Edgerrin James, who (at least before he got to the Cardinals) was one of the absolute best rushers in the league. Peyton absolutely did not need to pad his stats the way he did; it helped his team in no way other than to get media coverage for his numbers.

Also, I will go ahead and admit that part of the reason I despite the Colts so much is that they've tormented my team (the almighty Broncos) so much in recent years. But I also feel like they're a supremely overrated bunch with a mysteriously-adored quarterback that I find the definition of hateable - I mean, sometimes I feel like I'm the only one who notices all his sideline temper-tantrums anytime any of his teammates botches a play or they have to punt. Every time they get exposed, he's over there making that trademark whiny face, slapping his thigh pads, yelling at everyone else. When they lose big games (like Pittsburgh last year), he throws his line under the bus, or starts a press conference feud with his place kicker....and this is the guy that is America's football darling? There's a line around the block to lick this guy's taint?

And in this 2006 NFL season - which has been one of the flat-out wackiest in recent memory - I can see no more perfect an ending than the Bears, a team from the clearly-inferior NFC, taking home the title.
    Gabe, I think you and I are in complete agreement on every aspect of Manning/the Colts here. In my mind, THE defining moment of Manning's career was throwing his O-Line under the bus after that loss... That same O-line protected his ass every Sunday, gave him time to put up his crazy numbers (even his "off" years are statistically exceptional), and all this when opposing defensive game plans were "Blitz, blitz, blitz until someone rips Manning's head off". It was a petty act by a prima donna, king of the hill douche. And yes, the ball licking that surrounds Manning is completely and utterly inexplicable to me. I hate him as a commercial "actor" and absolutely despise him as an athlete.
    -----------------------

his O-line did suck in the Steelers game. Manning was just telling the truth.

dont care