• Chicago Bears

36 45.00%
  • Indianapolis Colts

44 55.00%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Take a Stand

Default Re: Take a Stand

Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    his O-line did suck in the Steelers game. Manning was just telling the truth.
    Courtesy of Bill Simmons (aka "the Sports Guy" from espn.com)
    The Peyton Manning Award for Worst Performance in a Playoff Game
    With apologies to Tom Brady, who was uncharacteristically sloppy for two straight weeks and made the single-worst throw of his career (the pick to Champ Bailey), I still think Manning gets this award for his Tony Eason impersonation against the Steelers. More than everything else, quarterbacks need to come through in the clutch, carry themselves like the coolest guys on the field, inspire confidence in their teammates (no matter how bleak the situation), respect the coach's decisions and be quality teammates even in the face of adversity. Manning did none of these things on Sunday. And I'm not sure even A-Rod would have muttered the "I'm trying to be a good teammate" line. Some guys rise to the occasion in big games, some guys shrink from the occasion. He's one of the shrinkers. But if you're playing a 2-10 Lions team on Thanksgiving with three days to prepare, he's your guy.

OK, me now: Remember, he waved the punting unit off during that game on a 4th and 2 (the second time that season that he had directly disobeyed Dungy, who happens to be his coach). And the subsequent press conference was a train wreck in terms of Peyton's already low likeability. The "I'm trying to be a good teammate" statement, followed by a 3-4 minute stretch of him throwing his O-Line under the bus was just plain wrong. Can you imagine Joe Montana, John Elway or even Tom Brady doing something like that? You address issues like that behind closed doors, not in front of the worldwide media. And before anyone plays the "he was frustrated immediately following a loss" card, remember that his interview was a full 30-40 minutes after the game ended. He had already gone into the locker room, changed clothes, had ample time to take out his frustrations with the linemen. I've got money wagered on the Colts to win the Super Bowl, but I hope it's Jim Sorgi throwing the game winning TD for the Colts after Manning gets his body completely mangled by Ogunleye or Urlacher.
    -----------------------

I reiterate ...

Quote Originally Posted by pewter14 View Post
    I just want to see Peyton Manning cry ...

he's such a baby.
    He reminds me of Dan Marino ... he's a fantstic talent, but he's always pointing out how the other folks on his team screwed up ... always whining ... he deserves the same fate as Marino too ... records galore ... with no ring.

Coachella Junkie schoolofruckus's Avatar

I'm dying to see this face again on Sunday night.

Quote Originally Posted by schoolofruckus View Post

I'm dying to see this face again on Sunday night.
    ..as he heads off the field with a torn labia.
    -----------------------

Banned

Prince is a total douche just cutting that guy off before he could ask his question.

Banned

Im sure it was a totally bitchin question like "prince who do you think will win the superbowl?".....or "will you pull a totally outrageous stunt like Janet and show Americaz your fruitbowl?" or some other totally awesome question that everyone wants to know.

This will be the first time I've watched the halftime show in years.
    Quote Originally Posted by ByTheWay, View Post
    If anyone raped or molested my wife or child i'd off them myself so I guess it doesn't matter. If you don't feel those type of emotions in that situation then that is you and in my opinion makes you a twisted person from a twisted state (UTAH) if that is where your from!

Courtesy of The Onion

(the last line makes it worth it)

Peyton Manning Overjoyed His Commercials Will Finally Appear In Super Bowl
    February 1, 2007 | Issue 43•05

INDIANAPOLIS—Colts quarterback Peyton Manning took a moment during Super Bowl Media Day Tuesday to acknowledge his "deep, abiding joy and pride" that, after many years of attempting to make his presence felt on advertising's biggest stage, his commercials would finally be coming to the Super Bowl. "There's no greater honor for a major player in the endorsement game than to get to the Super Bowl," said Manning, a three-time AdWeek MVP who is attempting to prove once and for all that he can land the big campaign. "My dad was a great pitchman, but he never got here. People said I would never get here. But on Super Bowl Sunday, Sprint, DirecTV, MasterCard, Sony and I plan to prove them all wrong. I guarantee it." Manning will also be playing quarterback for the Colts during the game, although he is not expected to be televised nearly as much in that capacity.

It's been said, but his commercials make my ears and eyes bleed.
    -----------------------

bears! and bears will win over gorillaz

Hunting has been part of our society since the first Europeans came over and shot buffalo and Native Americans and whatnot.
    ---
    The Dive Poets

the super what?

Quote Originally Posted by efrain44 View Post
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

Quote Originally Posted by breakjaw View Post
    I don't know but I predict a midget with a guitar will play a Foo Fighters song...
    Just Sayin...
    Quote Originally Posted by God
    Do you want to continue talking about Lizards?

Quote Originally Posted by Yablonowitz View Post
    Maybe we should make this a little more interesting. I'm going to think on this.
    Good thing you thought on it and then realized I was right. Otherwise it'd be off to the mall with your videocam again.
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

Coachella Junkie schoolofruckus's Avatar

Alright, alright, alright, Peyton fuckface is a Super Bowl champion and MVP. Let's all bow down, yada yada yada.....I won $200 in my office squares poll, so I don't give a rat fuck about who won.

methinks thou dost protest too much

and hey -- you were complaining about Manning in all those TV commercials. wtf is (was) John Elway then?

while I'm on the subject.. I would not have given the MVP to Manning. The best you could say is that he didnt' screw up. I'd've given the MVP to the entire Colts OL. or share it between Rhodes and Addai.

Good thing you thought on it and then realized I was right. Otherwise it'd be off to the mall with your videocam again.
    Yeah yeah. But you don't have to be all smug about it. I never made the high on my mighty horse claim than anyone who disagreed with me didn't know shit about football. You punk.

I will beat you on something, tom...you can bet your az on it.
    If anyone raped or molested my wife or child i'd off them myself so I guess it doesn't matter. If you don't feel those type of emotions in that situation then that is you and in my opinion makes you a twisted person from a twisted state (UTAH) if that is where your from!

Judgy McMarco TeamCoachellaHellYeah's Avatar

Meh....
    Reviewers who note the size of the crowd are dumb fucks.
    COACHELLA's: 2001. 2002. 2003. 2004. 2005. 2006. 2007. 2008. 2009. 2010. 2011. 2012. 2013. 2014. 2015.

I will beat you on something, tom...you can bet your az on it.
    yes. Air Supply trivia, probably.

somebody just voted for the bears.

yes. Air Supply trivia, probably.
    Ha. I should remind you that one of the Raiders two wins was against the Cardinals.

that ball sure seemed slippery.

yeah like it was raining baby oil or something. well. south florida. maybe it was.

I think the Colts will win because they are better than the Bears and stuff.