Thread: Coachella artist Calvin Harris loses entire album's worth of material...

Default Coachella artist Calvin Harris loses entire album's worth of material...

From the NME...

http://www.nme.com/news/calvin-harris/35654

The poor bastard...

Calvin Harris has lost an entire album's worth of new music after his laptop went missing at Heathrow Terminal Five.

Harris' laptop went missing at the airport after the solo artist was returning from the US.

A spokesperson for the label told BBC News that the laptop contained the only copies of Harris' forthcoming new album.

"He has lost the only copy of the new album," the spokesperson said. "It is a big cause for concern – months of work have gone into that."

The spokesperson revealed that Harris had been offered £750 componsation.

The murder capital where we murder for capital

Default Re: Coachella artist Calvin Harris loses entire album's worth of material...

thou shalt not read NME

Default Re: Coachella artist Calvin Harris loses entire album's worth of material...

July 21- Soundgarden- Bill Graham Civic Auditorium
    July 30- Rage Against the Machine/Muse- LA Coliseum
    Oct 21- Portishead- Berkeley Greek
    Nov 18- Pixies- Fox Theater Bakersfield

Hey I know that kid above, I think I have even been in that same backyard, and even have pissed on that vey same wall
    "Ummm...I am not going to rehab becuase I won't be out for Coachella Festival..."

What an idiot for not backing up his work?

How is this even possible, unless he composed the whole album on that flight? You back up anything that's important. Especially on a laptop. My Laptop drives have failed so many times.

I've lost a few days worth of work before and it's awful. I keep adding more and more RAIDs and backup systems for various things.

Publicity stunt?

I wish someone would offer me "componsation".
    ▓░░░░▓░░▓▓▓░▓▓▓░▓▓▓
    ▓░░░▓░▓░▓░░░▓▓░░▓░▓
    ▓░░░▓▓▓░▓░▓░▓░░░▓▓░
    ▓▓▓░▓░▓░▓▓▓░▓▓▓░▓░▓
    ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
    ▓░░░░▓░░▓▓▓░▓▓▓░▓▓▓
    ▓░░░▓░▓░▓░░░▓▓░░▓░▓
    ▓░░░▓▓▓░▓░▓░▓░░░▓▓░
    ▓▓▓░▓░▓░▓▓▓░▓▓▓░▓░▓
    ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
    ▓░░░░▓░░▓▓▓░▓▓▓░▓▓▓
    ▓░░░▓░▓░▓░░░▓▓░░▓░▓
    ▓░░░▓▓▓░▓░▓░▓░░░▓▓░
    ▓▓▓░▓░▓░▓▓▓░▓▓▓░▓░▓

If you are a DJ, how do you not:

1) have an external hard drive ($200!)

2) back your shit up online ($FREE!)

He has only himself to blame for being retarded.
    Quote Originally Posted by paganman7 View Post
    I had a dream that my wife cheated on me with Calmer. True story.
    Quote Originally Posted by TeamCoachellaHellYeah View Post
    Did you find pee in her butt?

Richard D James left an iPod with a new album on it on an airplane once (I think it was Drugks, I forget). He rushed to release the album after that since he was afraid it was going to spread on the internet.
    Quote Originally Posted by hannibul View Post
    It was NOT over when the germans bombed Pearl Harbor!
    '06, '07, '08, '09, '11!

Perhaps Naomi Campbell had something to do with the laptop theft...

LONDON (AP) - Supermodel Naomi Campbell was arrested at Heathrow Airport's Terminal 5 Thursday for allegedly spitting at a police officer, Sky News television reported.

A London Metropolitan Police spokesman said a woman was arrested at the terminal for an assault on police, but refused to disclose her identity or give her age.

The spokesman spoke on condition of anonymity in line with force policy.

BAA PLC, the company that runs Heathrow, did not immediately return a call seeking comment Thursday.

British Airways PLC, the terminal's sole occupant, referred questions to BAA.

Campbell, a British fashion model, has a history of getting physical with assistants and employees, and has attended an anger management program.

In 2000, Campbell pleaded guilty in Toronto to an assault charge for beating an assistant while making a film in Canada in 1998. Under an agreement with prosecutors, Campbell expressed remorse and was released without punishment or a criminal record.

In January 2007, Campbell pleaded guilty to misdemeanor assault for throwing her mobile phone at her maid in a dispute over a missing pair of jeans.

A representative for Campbell could not immediately be located.

fucking moron

Calvin Harris is obviously not a thinker.

and how the fuck did it just disappear? like, did he leave it somewhere? if i had the only copy of my new album on my laptop, i wouldnt let that thing out of my sight. what an idiot. too much merry makin for calvin?

Quote Originally Posted by Cdubby View Post
    Remarkable stream control.
    Quote Originally Posted by **NaNcY** View Post
    Phoenix the band?

Quote Originally Posted by denies the day View Post
    Remarkable stream control.
    You'd be surprised what a few well-timed pinches can do.

I think this is God's way of telling him to stop making shitty music like "Girls" anymore.
    Upcoming Shows:
    ???

6x Coachella Attendee (2007 - 2011, 2014a)

Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Cara. Don't judge a man for not being able to formulate a coherent thought. On an internet forum of all places.

ELECTRO MAN!!!
    Upcoming Shows: Updated

Coachella Junkie malcolmjamalawesome's Avatar

That is one ragin' schedule of shows, mistdevil. I hope you're keeping hydrated.
    Quote Originally Posted by ruetheday View Post
    I don't fucking care. I don't even know who the hell Dave Wang is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Devin the Dude View Post
    you used to be that guy that just Dave Wang's everybody. that guy. he's gone now, and whoever you really are showed up, and that was utter disappointment.

well someone tape his set....and give him a copy?

im sure its almost as good....

Quote Originally Posted by coldstart View Post
    Richard D James left an iPod with a new album on it on an airplane once (I think it was Drugks, I forget). He rushed to release the album after that since he was afraid it was going to spread on the internet.
    that was just a rumor, i think.

I can see something like this happening.
    Shame on him for:
    1) Not backing up
    and
    2) Leaving his laptop out of his sight.

idiot,

Well I'm sure he's got a copy on an ipod or something, he'll be able to pull it off again, if anything, a little better because he has to resing/resequence everything. Surprised he's not offering a reward the tightass
    Recent studies at Yale have shown that being an asshole is detrimental to one's health. Professor Sweetlove, a Psychology professor, came on record as saying:
    "Assholes and local desert rats tend to live shorter lives and have less consensual sexual relations than non assholes. It could be due to lower testoserone levels or a chemical imbalance in the brain but some people are just wired to be.... well.... assholes"
    Full story can be found here. AP

probably not true, and anyway who checks a laptop instead of carrying on?

Quote Originally Posted by PassiveTheory View Post
    I think this is God's way of telling him to stop making shitty music like "Girls" anymore.
    AMEN - that record is stale as fuck

Uh...

[European]

Harris may have been required to check his laptop by security - If I remember right, we had to check all electronics last time I was in the UK. .

Heathrow's Terminal 5 has just opened, and it was biblically disastrous. Millions of quids worth of luggage has gone missing, flights were cancelled all over. They still haven't sorted it out, the guy in charge will probably get the chop for it. So at the very least, that part's not his fault, his laptop would have been lost by the handlers rather than his own negligence. There's a chance it could be recovered eventually.

[/European]
    Last edited by MissingPerson; 04-05-2008 at 02:47 PM.

Coachella Junkie frozen pilgrim's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by coldstart View Post
    richard d james is far too intelligent to ever use an Ipod. he's the biggest audiophile in the world. come the fuck on.
    he DID, however, leave a portable media player with an album on it on a very long flight. not a rumor.
    but please, PLEASE, don't suggest he ever wanted his album encoded in apple's awful codecs.

Coachella Junkie shakermaker113's Avatar

terminal 5 was a disaster.

but that doesn't excuse him from not backing up his work.