Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What's missing is a Daft Punk/Kraftwerk/Prodigy/Chemical Bros level electronic act

Default What's missing is a Daft Punk/Kraftwerk/Prodigy/Chemical Bros level electronic act

love the line up though.

here's to not complaining and being grateful for this music festival even being in existence

cheers!

Lurker

Default Re: What's missing is a Daft Punk/Kraftwerk/Prodigy/Chemical Bros level electronic ac

Not me

Judgy McMarco TeamCoachellaHellYeah's Avatar

Default Re: What's missing is a Daft Punk/Kraftwerk/Prodigy/Chemical Bros level electronic ac

No, this is very true...I am still waiting for some more electronic artist to be added...Aphex Twin, Autechre, Fatboy Slim would be nice...

i dont know, infected mushroom is pretty god damn awesome even if more on the far side than most
    Fuck Dodgers. Go Giants.

Thoughts said a hundred times but what the hey

Underworld
    Fatboy
    Moby
    Basement Jaxx

Coachella needs more time in between for headliners in my opinon so Chem Bros, Prodigy, and Daft Punk are out. Although I will not complain if any of those are added.

Last year about a minth before she was added I said, "I could see them adding Madonna to the dance tent for some reason" and everyone said it wouldn't happen. Unfortunaltly it did and her show wasn't what anyone thought it would be. So maybe Goldenvoice is reading these boards and taking into concideration our requests.

you DO know that faithless is electronica
    RIGHT?

MOBY DJ SET PLEASE

Quote Originally Posted by liza e View Post
    you DO know that faithless is electronica
    RIGHT?

They are, and while they're porbably as good as Daft Punk/Kraftwerk/Prodigy/Chems, they're not on that level as far as how big they are. I believe that's where the thread subject stems from.

You know what I'd love to see? An Orbital reunion.

Orbital reunion?

Now THAT would be dope.

I have your closer, Pendulum. If you don't believe or have never heard of them, check out their my space site @ http://www.myspace.com/officialpendulum and watch the live performance. however i doubt it will be a real possiblity because they are recording a new album, but one can only hope.

Autechre would be rad. good call.

Infected is quite underrated. I wouldn't say they are the same as Daft Punk, but I think they'll put on a hell of a show. They should exchange slots with PVD.

We NEED some accciiiddd..

bring in Ceephax Acid Crew from the UK

[not a headliner by coachella standards but would be nice to have more genres of electronica represented]

Honestly I think the sahara is fucking rocking this year esp on saturday. VNV Nation, MSTRKRFT, Justice. Wow. But yeah at the top its a little weak.

Quote Originally Posted by bsides View Post
    I have your closer, Pendulum. If you don't believe or have never heard of them, check out their my space site @ http://www.myspace.com/officialpendulum and watch the live performance. however i doubt it will be a real possiblity because they are recording a new album, but one can only hope.
    HOLY F*CKING WOW!!!!!! NEVER EVEN HEARD OF THESE GUYS. SHOW LOOKS AND SOUNDS GREAT!!!!

They did announce Daft Punk very late last year - I'm sure there are more surprises to come from the lineup.

Quote Originally Posted by kaisersennheiser View Post
    love the line up though.

here's to not complaining and being grateful for this music festival even being in existence

cheers!
    Don't worry, see Digitilism/Mstrkrft/Infected Mushroom and you'll feel that the void has been filled.

I think Justice/MSTRKRFT/Digitalism will totally kick ass.. I think two years from now Justice will move way up on the flyer.

Infected Mushroom is cool, but it's not everyone's cup of tea..

LOL.. Pendulum is no where near on the level as any of those artists.. but I thought a live pendulum should would be cool, although there is a "Pendulum sucks" movement going on.. A lot of people say they are just a pop act.

OUTKAST 2014
    it's finally happening

Röyksopp, FC Kahuna, Télépopmusik, The Knife, RJD2, Futue Sound of London, The Avalanches, 808 State, Zero 7, Tycho, Mr. Scruff

either Boards of Canada or Aphex Twin are cool with me.

Quote Originally Posted by instinct View Post
    LOL.. Pendulum is no where near on the level as any of those artists.. but I thought a live pendulum should would be cool, although there is a "Pendulum sucks" movement going on.. A lot of people say they are just a pop act.
    must not have seem them throw down a live set. not too mention hold your colour is one of the best produced dnb/jungle in years

Lurker

I think Justice/MSTRKRFT/Digitalism will totally kick ass.. I think two years from now Justice will move way up on the flyer.

Infected Mushroom is cool, but it's not everyone's cup of tea..

Saw both these bands at nocturnal last year, and they both put on badass shows. I hope they add some better electronica acts but i guess we'll just have to wait and see. Also you guys should check out Evil Nine, http://www.myspace.com/evilnine they never fail to rock the place.

Quote Originally Posted by sweetsick View Post
    They did announce Daft Punk very late last year - I'm sure there are more surprises to come from the lineup.
    agreed

the line up now is pretty solid but there are no acts that compare to Daft Punk, Chem Bros, Underworld in terms of popularity - hopefully they'll really surprise us and bring DP back again this year lol

They may not be on the same level in mass popular reputation but as far as musical talent, I like'em as well as the 4 groups listed in the main title. And seriously, a Pendulum sucks movement?.... that's sad really, glad I don't listen to much of what 'a lot of people say'. I give much respect to those fellas of Pendulum for showing up and playing their music live with traditional band instruments (guitar/drums/etc.) and rockin' the house. Reminds me of Prodigy a bit (the playing live bit & rockin' the house).

the fact that all these bands are LIKE the more popular bands (re: infected mushroom, pendulum) doesnt mean anything - i'm excited to check them out but id be much more stoked for a true electronic headliner

Quote Originally Posted by TeamCoachellaHellYeah View Post
    No, this is very true...I am still waiting for some more electronic artist to be added...Aphex Twin, Autechre, Fatboy Slim would be nice...
    As a hard rock/alternative/metal fan, I must admit that I agree with your thread! I would love to see one of the bigger electronic acts such as Zero 7, Chemical Brothers, Prodigy, Daft Punk, Fatboy Slim, Aphex Twins. I have seen hundreds of rock concerts, but have only seen 1 or 2 electronica acts (massive attack- I love(d) them!!). That's the cool thing about Coachella... some of us who are not big on the genre get a chance to be exposed to these artists we marginally enjoy, and perhaps become bigger fans.
    And believe it or not, some of the rock fans (i.e.- RATM fans) look forward to the opportunity to have our musical horizons expanded by Coachella. So bring on Chemical Brothers, and pass the glowsticks (or whatever the hell 'you people' do at those type of shows).

yeah they should book Moby... and one of russell crowe's bands...

Coachella Junkie shakermaker113's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sweetsick View Post
    um. NO.

the initial announcement of the lineup was made by psychic friend on the messageboard on jan 30th. there was no official poster on the site yet, just an official sticky thread started by pf.

on feb 1st she added daft punk to the list. you can't date this exactly because she edited her original post, but if you look at the thread people started yelling about daft punk on feb 1st.

that's TWO DAYS. not "very late". and if I remember correctly, daft punk were added before the official poster had even been put on the main page.

if you want to see for yourself the thread it's still accessible here. daft punk excitement begins on page 19.

Quote Originally Posted by daft$tar View Post
    the fact that all these bands are LIKE the more popular bands (re: infected mushroom, pendulum) doesnt mean anything - i'm excited to check them out but id be much more stoked for a true electronic headliner
    I agree -do many smaller (though probably very good) acts make up for the lack of one mind-blowing show from a top name with an unbelievable live show? Especially if someone hasn't had the chance to see them yet? (I keep missing Underworld for one reason or another - please add them!!)

bump!

OUTKAST 2014
    it's finally happening

Röyksopp, FC Kahuna, Télépopmusik, The Knife, RJD2, Futue Sound of London, The Avalanches, 808 State, Zero 7, Tycho, Mr. Scruff

Quote Originally Posted by chronnyunitas View Post
    Orbital reunion?

Now THAT would be dope.
    Too many reunions already. I think they save this one for next year....