Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Intelligent Politics Discussion Thread

Default Re: Intelligent Politics Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by SojuGorae View Post
    You're saying all of those colonists who have settled in the Americas had no fucking idea of the devastating atrocities committed by their fellow countrymen? Maybe not the ones still in Europe, but the hordes that immigrated to the Americas sure as hell participated and contributed to murdering the natives of an entire continent. Where were the protesters in the settlements?

Here's the deal: Injin man helps white man settle in the new world, Injin man turns his back, white man sticks a turkey baster up Injin man's ass. White people celebrate Thanksgiving to off-put the guilt their next generation would feel.

And the colonization of the Americas is just the tip of the iceberg. Just think of all of the horrific atrocities committed by western nations in the 20th century.

Before you put words into my mouth again, I'm not saying because western nations have committed horrible crimes against humanity, it's okay for China to do the same. The world can be an evil place. Horrible things happen that cannot be stopped. If these things were possible, we wouldn't need religion.

And don't make comments about my family. This is just two anonymous fucktards arguing on the fucking internet. If you want to make it personal than we should chit chat in Indio a few weeks from now. Ok?
    You really should look into humanistic psychology. oh and if the apathetic horrible things can happen and can't be stopped mindset is adapted by more people...we would all be sheep.
    bleached black sheep rebel and wear my sweater

Eels 4/13 -- Daniel Johnston 4/16 -- Coachella -- Clinic 5/18 -- Sasquatch 5/24-26 -- Pickathon 8/1-3 -- Radiohead 8/19 + 8/20

Coachella Junkie jackstraw94086's Avatar

You're saying all of those colonists who have settled in the Americas had no fucking idea of the devastating atrocities committed by their fellow countrymen? Maybe not the ones still in Europe, but the hordes that immigrated to the Americas sure as hell participated and contributed to murdering the natives of an entire continent. Where were the protesters in the settlements?

Here's the deal: Injin man helps white man settle in the new world, Injin man turns his back, white man sticks a turkey baster up Injin man's ass. White people celebrate Thanksgiving to off-put the guilt their next generation would feel.

And the colonization of the Americas is just the tip of the iceberg. Just think of all of the horrific atrocities committed by western nations in the 20th century.

Before you put words into my mouth again, I'm not saying because western nations have committed horrible crimes against humanity, it's okay for China to do the same. The world can be an evil place. Horrible things happen that cannot be stopped. If these things were possible, we wouldn't need religion.

And don't make comments about my family. This is just two anonymous fucktards arguing on the fucking internet. If you want to make it personal than we should chit chat in Indio a few weeks from now. Ok?

How the hell do you know that people in the US (or colonies) didn't denounce the treatment of Native Americans back in the day? Did you read the papers back then? Couldn't find any youtubes and so therefore it didn't happen?

You're not capable of getting the fucking point. First of all, people HAVE protested the atrocities commited by westerners. Just because you're ignorant of that doesn't mean it didn't happen. The fact that you're analogizing the colonization of North America hudreds of years ago to Chinese killing tibetans today is completely fucking laughable.

And more to the point. It DOESN"T MATTER what happened in the past. you keep arguing that westerners don't have the right to be outraged because of shit that happened in the past. How do you not get how that's retarded?

and btw. There were no "Injuns" at Thanksgiving, they were Wampanoag (go ahead and say "what's the difference"). And nobody stabbed them in the back at that point. I won't bother going over more of the story, history's not your strong suit.

Move out of mommy's house and learn some shit.

And meet me by the rear entrance to the Sahara tent on Saturday. I'll be the one ass raping some sense into your mommy and daddy (unless of course you'd like to take full credit for your astounding ignorance).
    Last edited by jackstraw94086; 04-09-2008 at 11:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jackstraw94086 View Post
    How the hell do you know that people in the US (or colonies) didn't denounce the treatment of Native Americans back in the day? Did you read the papers back then? Couldn't find any youtubes and so therefore it didn't happen?

You're not capable of getting the fucking point. First of all, people HAVE protested the atrocities commited by westerners. Just because you're ignorant of that doesn't mean it didn't happen. The fact that you're analogizing the colonization of North America hudreds of years ago to Chinese killing tibetans today is completely fucking laughable.

And more to the point. It DOESN"T MATTER what happened in the past. you keep arguing that westerners don't have the right to be outraged because of shit that happened in the past. How do you not get how that's retarded?

and btw. There were no "Injuns" at Thanksgiving, they were Wampanoag (go ahead and say "what's the difference"). And nobody stabbed them in the back at that point. I won't bother going over more of the story, history's not your strong suit.

Move out of mommy's house and learn some shit.

And meet me by the rear entrance to the Sahara tent on Saturday. I'll be the one ass raping some sense into your mommy and daddy (unless of course you'd like to take full credit for your astounding ignorance).
    This is going to go back and forth forever. I'll see you in Indio. I don't want to get kicked out of the festival on the account of breaking your face, so let's meet up outside of the venue. You decide where, I'll be there. I know you want it to happen inside the festival so there'll be enough security personnel to stop me from kicking your teeth in.

Pm me with the details.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nipples View Post
    if i had 1200 bucks id buy another guitar, or a bunch of pot...

Young blood

hahahahahahahaaaahahahaha. lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Young blood View Post
    hahahahahahahaaaahahahaha. lol.
    Indeed. I know we're being complete retards like two little children at a playground.

But sometimes, violence is neccessary for douchebags like jackstraw.

This is going to go back and forth forever. I'll see you in Indio. I don't want to get kicked out of the festival on the account of breaking your face, so let's meet up outside of the venue. You decide where, I'll be there. I know you want it to happen inside the festival so there'll be enough security personnel to stop me from kicking your teeth in.

Pm me with the details.
    You can meet me in the parking lot. I'll be humping your mom while your sister feeds me kimchee which I'll spit out on your dad and make him clean it up with a korean flag.

Get a life, loser.

How about you learn some history and common sense. It'll save you from looking like a fucking moron that has to resort to threatening to fight people on the internet.

You can meet me in the parking lot. I'll be humping your mom while your sister feeds me kimchee which I'll spit out on your dad and make him clean it up with a korean flag.

Get a life, loser.

How about you learn some history and common sense. It'll save you from looking like a fucking moron that has to resort to threatening to fight people on the internet.
    Funny how the inner racist that's been festering inside of you is now coming out. I didn't "threaten" you until you made it personal, dickhead.

See you in Indio. Just so you can't miss me, I'll stand on top of my car in the parking lot, looking like a complete idiot. I'm willing to look like a fucking dumbass just to beat the ever living shit out of you.

9:00AM, asshole.

Young blood

FIIIIGGGHHHHTTTT!!!!!!

Funny how the inner racist that's been festering inside of you is now coming out. I didn't "threaten" you until you made it personal, dickhead.

See you in Indio. Just so you can't miss me, I'll stand on top of my car in the parking lot, looking like a complete idiot. I'm willing to look like a fucking dumbass just to beat the ever living shit out of you.

You're incapable of understanding how funny you sound calling me racist after that bullshit you just spewed, idiot.

I'm really not racist. you've just got huge, easy buttons, douchebag, and it's impossible to resist ridiculing you when you ask for it. You're a touchy little fucking dipshit moron of a half-wit loser. Your parents fucked up in large fashion. If only you'd have been born a girl, then at least they'd have drown you in the river before you ever got this retarded.

you wait for me on top of your car.

With all of that settled, folks... please resume political discussions.

Have a nice day.

With all of that settled, folks... please resume political discussions.

Have a nice day.
    Go smack your mom for letting you out of the sandbox.

So I hear temperatures are going to be cooler this year...
    Quote Originally Posted by TeamCoachellaHellYeah View Post
    this is fantastic news...we can all fist ourselves in peace now...
    http://www.last.fm/user/theburydlife

2011 Wishlist: Soviet Soviet, Swans, Heroin and Your Veins, Lower Dens, The December Sound, Scarlet Youth, Faunts, Bad Lieutenant, The Besnard Lakes, The Raveonettes, Screen Vinyl Image, Sway

Quote Originally Posted by theburiedlife View Post
    So I hear temperatures are going to be cooler this year...
    Hey, no interrupting the intelligent politics discussion.
    Quote Originally Posted by SoulDischarge View Post
    See how wrong you are, Tommy? Randy is agreeing with you.

You are right, it was a flimsy attempt to divert the dick waiving taking over this thread.

Ill try and get back on track.

Has anyone noticed a sharp rise in contested election results recently? It seems like foreign governments are experiencing
    boycotted elections at a more frequent level.

2011 Wishlist: Soviet Soviet, Swans, Heroin and Your Veins, Lower Dens, The December Sound, Scarlet Youth, Faunts, Bad Lieutenant, The Besnard Lakes, The Raveonettes, Screen Vinyl Image, Sway

You are right, it was a flimsy attempt to divert the dick waiving taking over this thread.

Ill try and get back on track.

Has anyone noticed a sharp rise in contested election results recently? It seems like foreign governments are experiencing
    boycotted elections at a more frequent level.
    Those have been happening forever. I don't really think there's any more of them now than there used to be but I think the internet, and more generally advances in technology that have information more quickly and widely available have a big thing to do with it because....

A) you may just notice them more because of the increased availability of information. (Also you're becoming old fuck who pays attention more)

B) if there are in fact more of them it's likely that the same technology is empowering the public in these countries to follow politics more, and observe the struggles of other countries.

C) The new world attention they can get may embolden some people to take more risks against aggressive governments (at least from their perspective) in hopes that international pressure will keep them at least some degree safer.

But fuck this. Whip out your dick and start waving it around. come on already. What the fuck is wrong with you?
    Last edited by jackstraw94086; 04-09-2008 at 04:34 PM.

Possibly our gov't. is too focused on the middle east these days and can't exercise the control it has before in other areas. but wait, that is what our corporations are for, never mind. why don't more people just boycott controversial items/services...at least to a personally capable degree. I run into too many individuals who have a seriously negative attitude (possibly brainwashed) towards mass population empowerment.
    bleached black sheep rebel and wear my sweater

Eels 4/13 -- Daniel Johnston 4/16 -- Coachella -- Clinic 5/18 -- Sasquatch 5/24-26 -- Pickathon 8/1-3 -- Radiohead 8/19 + 8/20

Come on, dude, get a grip. There are many of us who would like to see Jack get knocked out, but we all know you're not really going to be waiting "on your car" for somebody you won't even recognize. And if you do, well, then you are officially retarded.

And to supplement your history, small pox killed millions more than guns ever did or even could.
    Quote Originally Posted by nathanfairchild View Post
    I'm still waiting for Jack White to finally admit that he invented the guitar.

Young blood

Last time I met Jack he beat the shit out of me. Dudes a professionally trained cage fighter. NOK SU COW!

the dick waiving
    Wait, so how many are void now? I haven't been keeping track.

It seems that the discussion is surrounding the olympic torch protests. I dont know if anyone mentioned that the london shenanigans was coordinated by Anon in /b/. That shit was funny when I saw the guy on the news trying to use the fire extinguisher on the torch, I thought, "Oh shit! The power of the internets!"

..... I hope you didn't just assume that 4chan is behind the protests.

Those have been happening forever. I don't really think there's any more of them now than there used to be but I think the internet, and more generally advances in technology that have information more quickly and widely available have a big thing to do with it because....

A) you may just notice them more because of the increased availability of information. (Also you're becoming old fuck who pays attention more)

B) if there are in fact more of them it's likely that the same technology is empowering the public in these countries to follow politics more, and observe the struggles of other countries.

C) The new world attention they can get may embolden some people to take more risks against aggressive governments (at least from their perspective) in hopes that international pressure will keep them at least some degree safer.

But fuck this. Whip out your dick and start waving it around. come on already. What the fuck is wrong with you?
    I don't think thats necessarily true. Granted, I do pay more attention to international politics now than i did not even a couple years ago there is definitely a decline in democratic and fair elections. Iran, Russia, Kenya, Zimbabwe, Belarus, Lebanon, Venezuela, and Egypt have all encountered electoral difficulties/boycotts/interruptions in this year or in 2007. It may just be a continuation of real realpolitik, but if not, it denotes a troubling trend in the international community.

I don't think thats necessarily true. Granted, I do pay more attention to international politics now than i did not even a couple years ago there is definitely a decline in democratic and fair elections. Iran, Russia, Kenya, Zimbabwe, Belarus, Lebanon, Venezuela, and Egypt have all encountered electoral difficulties/boycotts/interruptions in this year or in 2007. It may just be a continuation of real realpolitik, but if not, it denotes a troubling trend in the international community.
    These kinds of things are nothing new at all, are omnipresent in voting societies, and have been for time immemorable. A study of comparative international politics over the last three decades will demonstrate the existence of contested elections throughout the developed and developing world. This is not a modern condition, but rather a human one: people don't like to lose, and when they do, they are willing to kill or sue for the title of winner. Shit, ancient Greece and Rome had intensely contested elections, which ultimately led to rape, murder, civil war, and all kinds of other fun stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by nathanfairchild View Post
    I'm still waiting for Jack White to finally admit that he invented the guitar.

Quote Originally Posted by greghead View Post
    These kinds of things are nothing new at all, are omnipresent in voting societies, and have been for time immemorable. A study of comparative international politics over the last three decades will demonstrate the existence of contested elections throughout the developed and developing world. This is not a modern condition, but rather a human one: people don't like to lose, and when they do, they are willing to kill or sue for the title of winner. Shit, ancient Greece and Rome had intensely contested elections, which ultimately led to rape, murder, civil war, and all kinds of other fun stuff.
    While i agree with some of your sentiments, I don't find that to be the case in Lebanon, Iran ,Egypt, or Kenya to be practicing rigging elections in such a blatant and forceful manner.

In Zimbabwe we're seeing an ever lengthening group of "setbacks" which have delayed election result, and might force a run-off.

Georgia's presidential election was met with hunger strikes to contest the results.

In Armenia, eight people were killed of the opposition party when officers fired into a massing crowd.

Two years before Thailand and Fiji both felt the Iron grip of the Military as they took control of the government in response to parliamentary results.

Each decade the number of inconclusive or contested election results has steadily risen since the 1980's as fledgling democracies are torn at the seems by parties unwilling to share/cede power.

Whats with the Diana avatars? The trial is over.

We're not talking about that Prince...

..... I hope you didn't just assume that 4chan is behind the protests.
    Not at all. But there was a concerted effort in London, specifically talking about fire extinguishers. Then seeing that guy on the news....coincidence? Unlikely.

Intelligent Politics... isn't that an oxymoron?
    Recent studies at Yale have shown that being an asshole is detrimental to one's health. Professor Sweetlove, a Psychology professor, came on record as saying:
    "Assholes and local desert rats tend to live shorter lives and have less consensual sexual relations than non assholes. It could be due to lower testoserone levels or a chemical imbalance in the brain but some people are just wired to be.... well.... assholes"
    Full story can be found here. AP

It is meant to be intelligent discussions on politics. It might read wrong to some, but the title is not incorrect.

Either way, the title has been misleading hahaha.
    For your health

While i agree with some of your sentiments, I don't find that to be the case in Lebanon, Iran ,Egypt, or Kenya to be practicing rigging elections in such a blatant and forceful manner.

In Zimbabwe we're seeing an ever lengthening group of "setbacks" which have delayed election result, and might force a run-off.

Georgia's presidential election was met with hunger strikes to contest the results.

In Armenia, eight people were killed of the opposition party when officers fired into a massing crowd.

Two years before Thailand and Fiji both felt the Iron grip of the Military as they took control of the government in response to parliamentary results.

Each decade the number of inconclusive or contested election results has steadily risen since the 1980's as fledgling democracies are torn at the seems by parties unwilling to share/cede power.
    Come on, dude. Give us something more here. You're not proving anything to anyone by nickel and diming us with the same examples again and again. Your argument is not progressing. What would you think of someone listing off endless examples of elections that HAVE run smoothly in recent years? Would that convince you of anything at all?

Statements like these:
    there is definitely a decline in democratic and fair elections.
    Each decade the number of inconclusive or contested election results has steadily risen since the 1980's
    ....really shouldn't be uttered in the absence of some sort of statistic or some other citation or at least a logical argument backing it up. So far it just seems you really just feel this way.

I submitted that 1) your hypothesis (read: pre-conceived notion) was likely false and 2) even if it were not I offered a possible causal relationship to technology.

you effectively said "nope. look at A, B, and C" (and did not bother to refute my possible cause)

Greghead also mentioned the prevalence of election problems throughout history and also suggested that there was not likely a higher proportion of them today.

again you said "nope. look at A, B, and C"

You brought this up. Start defending your point or drop it.

What Greghead and I are suggesting is that you've fallen into a common trap. The fact that you happen to observe several occurrences of an event doesn't increase the probability of that event occurring. Take for example the belief that women are more likely to conceive after adopting a child (trust me that belief is extremely common, it's a classic example from stats classes). Many people hold this to be true because they may have heard many anecdotes of women who thought they couldn't conceive finally doing so after adopting a child. You bring it up in mixed company and chances are someone else will tell another example they know. It builds and builds. What they've ignored have are the rest of women out there who adopted and didn't conceive. If you actually studied conception rates amongst a large reasonably uniform sample of these women you'll find that this belief is false.

Vegas makes a LOT of money on roulette tables because of people like you.

So give us some logical argument backing up your claim other than individual examples.
    Last edited by jackstraw94086; 04-09-2008 at 11:43 PM.

Those events all happened within the timespan of two years. I'm not just bringing up elections citations where results are being contested just to show you, I'm saying that these are becoming a growing trend as these new democracies are trying to conform to a system which isn't compatible with scam elections.

In 2000, even among one of the most stable examples of democracy (the U.S.) there were disputed election results in six nations of the 64 presidential elections that year. The decade before in 1990, only three of the 48 presidential elections had disputed outcomes. And a decade before in 1980, all national elections were decisive.This all according to the U.S. think tank Freedom House.

Part of this is the expansion of a growing number democracies springing up (over 51 since 1980), but I also would like to think the international election monitors do not solve the problem but only dilute the solution. Instead of claiming a 100-90 percent victory in the past, the Incumbents only have to rig the election to claim a modest victory, hovering above 50%. This small election margin obviously cause disputes from the opposition, who usually would rebuke the results.

So instead of an outward victory, the scam elections are a dictators ill-conceived notion that marginally winning will sufficiently dodge international scrutiny.