Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Intelligent Politics Discussion Thread

Young blood

Default Re: Intelligent Politics Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by theburiedlife View Post
    ...and no, we don't think you all look alike.
    yes we do.

Coachella Junkie jackstraw94086's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Young blood View Post
    Its almost like capture the flag. If you can wrestle the torch away a dude in wheelchair thats surrounded by 30 security guards and a gaggle of police you are the winner.
    Extra points for doing it in a country internationally reknown for being pussies.

Quote Originally Posted by thelastgreatman View Post
    That was the single most confusing post I might have ever seen on this board. Well, confusing and dumb as shit, but mostly straight confusing. Like cloud9 but instead of grammatical gibberish it was all contextual gibberish.
    I want to know how any part of that post was incorrect or falsely stated. It's not hard to figure out my meaning although I admit it was very late when I wrote it.

Quote Originally Posted by jackstraw94086 View Post
    You just said the same damn thing you did in your first post. You didn't explain what the hell you were talking about. You once again had the gall to presume you know the minds of all protesters and how you are certain their motives have nothing to do with human rights abuse. That's fucked. I'm sorry, it's fucked. You want to beat the shit out of people protesting Chinese treatment of Tibet? Good luck with that.

My response to you seemingly pro-china tirade was made before I knew you were korean. Your comment about how typical americans think koreans and chinese are the same is both racist and just generally offensive. You're not peddling your insecurities very effectively.
    I want all westerners to mind their own fucking business. People from other Asian countries aren't protesting as vehemently as these fucking idiots from western countries are. Western civilization was built on a history of inflicting oppression on other cultures. For these dimwits to stick their nose into China's business about a situation that should be familiar to them, is pretty hypocritical wouldn't you say.

Yeah it's fucked up what China's doing to Tibetans, but what are you gonna do?

Edit:

I also think it's pretty fucked up for these protesters to want to boycott the Olympics and deny over a billion Chinese people the joy, pride, and honor of hosting that event just because they have too much time on their hands and think they actually care about human rights.
    Last edited by SojuGorae; 04-08-2008 at 12:27 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nipples View Post
    if i had 1200 bucks id buy another guitar, or a bunch of pot...

Young blood

Quote Originally Posted by SojuGorae View Post
    I want all westerners to mind their own fucking business. People from other Asian countries aren't protesting as vehemently as these fucking idiots from western countries are. Western civilization was built on a history of inflicting oppression on other cultures. For these dimwits to stick their nose into China's business about a situation that should be familiar to them, is pretty hypocritical wouldn't you say.

Edit:

I also think it's pretty fucked up for these protesters to want to boycott the Olympics and deny over a billion Chinese people the joy, pride, and honor of hosting that event just because they have too much time on their hands and think they actually care about human rights.
    hahahahahahahahaha ahhhhhhh hahaahahahahahahaahahahhahahahahaahahahahhahaha omg you are so ignorant. hahahahahahahaha

Edit:

I hope you can't catch someone else's stupid from reading their posts.

My favorite part is, "Yeah it's fucked up what China's doing to Tibetans, but what are you gonna do?"

How can someone post this statement while simultaneously saying that protesting is unnecessary? Fucking priceless.
    Quote Originally Posted by rage patton View Post
    I swear to god. Harrison Ford better not be fucking dead.

Edit:

congrats for one of the most racist things ever said on this board. Outstanding. Also one of the most defeatist and ignorant.

And you should learn some of your own history. Asian cultures have been fucking with each other since possibly before even western ones have.
    How does a Korean not know that? Also I assume you're OK with asian history of subjugation of women or else you'd have considered that in your assessment of how progressive asia is.

Your little "butt out of asian affairs" thing is completely ridiculous. Asians have traditionally been isolationist, but if they want to enter into the world community they have to play by world community rules, douchebag. You can't have it both ways. We're talking a country housing 20% of the world's population who's only now starting to develop a middle class. What the fuck is wrong with you?

btw where are you sitting right now? US or Korea?
    Last edited by jackstraw94086; 04-08-2008 at 01:30 PM.

congrats for one of the most racist things ever said on this board. Outstanding. Also one of the most defeatist and ignorant.

And you should learn some of your own history. Asian cultures have been fucking with each other since possibly before even western ones have.
    How does a Korean not know that? Also I assume you're OK with asian history of subjugation of women or else you'd have considered that in your assessment of how progressive asia is.

Your little "butt out of asian affairs" thing is completely ridiculous. Asians have traditionally been isolationist, but if they want to enter into the world community they have to play by world community rules, douchebag. You can't have it both ways. We're talking a country housing 20% of the world's population who's only now starting to develop a middle class. What the fuck is wrong with you?

btw where are you sitting right now? US or Korea?
    What exactly are some of the "World Community Rules"?

Do a recap on the colonizations and invasions committed by western nations. No further explanations needed here. China's doing the same shit western nations have done in the past. It's hypocritical of these western countries to be criticizing China of their way of handling this situation when they've done far worse throughout their history.

Just worry about your own domestic problems and stay out of another country's internal affairs. How arrogant do you have to be to think you hold the measuring stick as to how a nation must behave in order to be accepted. Fucking ridiculous. It's anglo-centric bullshit.

And what does me living in either Korea or in the states have anything to do with the topic at hand? I understand you're trying to make me out to be an anti-American fuckwad, but seriously, the whereabouts of me isn't really relevant. But just to humor you, I live in Los Angeles and love America, but I also love Korea. I choose to live here because I grew up here.

Anyway, I just don't like hypocrites and these protesters are exactly that.

What exactly are some of the "World Community Rules"?

Do a recap on the colonizations and invasions committed by western nations. No further explanations needed here. China's doing the same shit western nations have done in the past. It's hypocritical of these western countries to be criticizing China of their way of handling this situation when they've done far worse throughout their history.

Just worry about your own domestic problems and stay out of another country's internal affairs. How arrogant do you have to be to think you hold the measuring stick as to how a nation must behave in order to be accepted. Fucking ridiculous. It's anglo-centric bullshit.

And what does me living in either Korea or in the states have anything to do with the topic at hand? I understand you're trying to make me out to be an anti-American fuckwad, but seriously, the whereabouts of me isn't really relevant. But just to humor you, I live in Los Angeles and love America, but I also love Korea. I choose to live here because I grew up here.

Anyway, I just don't like hypocrites and these protesters are exactly that.
    So what you're saying is Europe and US have fucked with people, so China should get their fair turn to do it too. Brilliant.

I don't have to recap western colonializations. That's not the fucking point. Whether you're torturing other people or your own people it's still fucked. Do you believe it's not OK for a man to beat someone else's wife but it's fine to beat his own? I mean why not? Other men have gotten away with beating their wives so why not one other particular man?

The Chinese have been at war with other Chinese since time immemorial. The Japanese were busy trying to build their own empire not too long ago.

And the fact that "world community rules" isn't obvious to you is exactly your problem. Everything is as simple as you as calling it "hipocritical".
    Do you not sense any irony in that statement in light of your indictment of westerners for not knowing the difference between one asian and another? Asians are no different than white people, the difference is that they're not used to being scrutinized so closely.

You're not representing Asians very well. Good thing for Asians some of us don't generalize as you do.

And and btw, why don't you protest the protesters down in LA? You have the right to do that here you know.
    Let's see you try it in China or North Korea.
    Last edited by jackstraw94086; 04-08-2008 at 03:17 PM.

In other news, Japan doesn't want to bring immigrants in their country to make up for when their elderly workers leave the workforce. Their solution--ROBOTS!

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20080408/...jAqcJC6BpT.3QA
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Because fucking millenials that's what

Quote Originally Posted by ByTheWay, View Post
    If anyone raped or molested my wife or child i'd off them myself so I guess it doesn't matter. If you don't feel those type of emotions in that situation then that is you and in my opinion makes you a twisted person from a twisted state (UTAH) if that is where your from!

thestripe

George Carlin is so funny.

Head start? Left behind? Somebody is losing fucking ground here.

I was speaking on behalf of the typical mindset of a protester. In their minds, China is a threat so what better way to vent out their anger than to use Tibet as a way to express hatred. I'm not the biggest fan of China and I personally don't think they'll become the next super power.

I just think those morons protesting the situation in Tibet or any westerner who are criticizing China's handle on it are a bunch of hypocritical motherfuckers who I would personally like to beat the living shit out of. They should really take a look back at their own history before aiming their scorn at the Chinese.

And no, those Chinamen with their boots on the throats of Tibetan citizens are not my cousins. I'm Korean, which to the typical American, may think we are a another type of Chinese.
    Your logic here is a little warped. The commiting of atrocities by one nation does not make it ok for another, we're trying to move past that kind of thinking. No matter the history of a particular country, region, or culture, I have a hard time supporting the unlawful occupation of foreign lands, and the brutal subjugation of a sovereign people simply because they looked at you cross-eyed.

I am not sure if you are aware of this, but your post implies that you judge China's actions to be just and legal. I hope you are simply young and naive, because frankly, your attitude towards these events is absolutely frightening. I am reminded of Dick Cheney's "So?" response. While I agree that sometimes the world needs to stay out of each other's business, when we have situations like China and Tibet, we simply cannot just turn a blind eye and let innocent people be tortured and killed for wanting just a small percentage of the freedom you enjoy as an American.
    Quote Originally Posted by nathanfairchild View Post
    Has Pitchfork revealed it's top 200 covers by Arcade Fire yet?

I have to admit. Those protestors are bringing a lot of attention to the issue. You usually don't see that. Even ESPN is featuring the torch problems as a main story.
    For your health

Young blood

I enjoy seeing people bitch that its westerners that are doing the protesting, when its 90% Tibetans that are heading up the protesting.

I enjoy seeing people bitch that its westerners that are doing the protesting, when its 90% Tibetans that are heading up the protesting.
    The nerve of them. They should just be ok with China's treatment of them.
    For your health

FUCK BUSH

Seriously. How dare they demand basic human rights
    Quote Originally Posted by nathanfairchild View Post
    Has Pitchfork revealed it's top 200 covers by Arcade Fire yet?

dont think that was his point.

Young blood

Quote Originally Posted by marooko View Post
    dont think that was his point.
    Thanks girlfriend. My point was directed at su jorge.

vent out their anger at the fact a billion chinks are going to be their children's employers and cubicle landlords in the future.

I was like " OMG, he called 'em chinks"

then I remembered you are one so it's o.k.
    Stop being a pussy should be the answer to all of life's problems. It has worked for me so far.

Tibetans are so hot right now.

Young blood

I smell adoption.

So what you're saying is Europe and US have fucked with people, so China should get their fair turn to do it too. Brilliant.

I don't have to recap western colonializations. That's not the fucking point. Whether you're torturing other people or your own people it's still fucked. Do you believe it's not OK for a man to beat someone else's wife but it's fine to beat his own? I mean why not? Other men have gotten away with beating their wives so why not one other particular man?

The Chinese have been at war with other Chinese since time immemorial. The Japanese were busy trying to build their own empire not too long ago.

And the fact that "world community rules" isn't obvious to you is exactly your problem. Everything is as simple as you as calling it "hipocritical".
    Do you not sense any irony in that statement in light of your indictment of westerners for not knowing the difference between one asian and another? Asians are no different than white people, the difference is that they're not used to being scrutinized so closely.

You're not representing Asians very well. Good thing for Asians some of us don't generalize as you do.

And and btw, why don't you protest the protesters down in LA? You have the right to do that here you know.
    Let's see you try it in China or North Korea.
    You're putting words into my mouth. When did I ever say what China was doing was right? How they're handling this situation is completely unacceptable, but it's their business. It's their situation to deal with. I feel bad for the Tibetans, but hey, no one fucking protested against western colonization of the new world. What the western immigrants did to the Native Americans is immeasurable in its devastation. You can't even compare this with what they've done to the natives of North, Central, South America.

To threaten to boycott the summer games and denying the pride and joy of a nation of a billion who have been working their ass off to prepare this event, is pretty fucking selfish, don't you think?

Refusal to trade with China would have been an acceptable threat(which would never fucking happen because the majority of the world relies on China to produce shoddy goods for them), but these fucking protesting douchebags with a deep seeded resentment towards China's development as a super power just likes the idea of placing a speed bump on the upcoming event. Most of them couldn't care less about human rights. It's self-righteousness at its most indulgent.

Edit:

What's with the "you're not representing Asians very well" comment? I'm representing myself and myself only. What, just because I'm Asian, I have to be representative of "my people"

Give me a kit kat break. Go make plans for burning man you faux-liberal racist douchebag.
    Last edited by SojuGorae; 04-09-2008 at 10:04 AM.

How they're handling this situation is completely unacceptable, but it's their business. It's their situation to deal with.

This is terrifying. Did your parents really fucking raise you to be this ignorant and apathetic? I fucking weep for whatever siblings you've got. Staying quiet and just letting the country committing the atrocities be responsible for ending them is fucking ridiculous. People like you would have gotten every jew and gypsy in Europe killed.

I feel bad for the Tibetans, but hey, no one fucking protested against western colonization of the new world. What the western immigrants did to the Native Americans is immeasurable in its devastation. You can't even compare this with what they've done to the natives of North, Central, South America.
    ya you're right. I remember seeing that CNN footage of the Spanish crushing central america and british and french colonists driving out the Native Americans The rest of Europe must have been too busy watching Sopranos reruns to care.

And if you didn't get the obvious point there, just be sure to stop quoting history. You haven't learned any.

To threaten to boycott the summer games and denying the pride and joy of a nation of a billion who have been working their ass off to prepare this event, is pretty fucking selfish, don't you think?
    to torture and kill Tibetans is pretty fucking selfish, don't you think? (that's rhetorical, I know you don't think). You can't fucking have it both ways.

Refusal to trade with China would have been an acceptable threat(which would never fucking happen because the majority of the world relies on China to produce shoddy goods for them), but these fucking protesting douchebags with a deep seeded resentment towards China's development as a super power just likes the idea of placing a speed bump on the upcoming event. Most of them couldn't care less about human rights. It's self-righteousness at its most indulgent.
    How the fuck have you reached your age and not figured out the difference between a people and their government? Trade restrictions are between governments and corporations. It's the protests that let the governments and world community know what some in the public think. It spreads messages to otherwise ignorant people. This is how change is made.

Here's a question. If the Olympics where in the US this year and there were protests as the torch passed through Seoul would you think the same thing?
    Last edited by jackstraw94086; 04-09-2008 at 10:28 AM.

Yeah while we are at it, let’s stop the criticism of the Armenian and Kurdish genocide. That Turkey's Business and who are we to tell them how to interpret the mass murder of an ethnic minorities, it's theirs alone and does not deserve attention on an international scale.

If Ankara hosted the Olympics to try and increase their international standing these issues would probably be at the top of the criticism. Every government which has participated in questionable and downright aggressive and immoral behavior must reveal the skeletons in the closet if they are to try and participate on an international scale.

...and Darfur...and Rwanda....and Bosnia....
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Because fucking millenials that's what

This is terrifying. Did your parents really fucking raise you to be this ignorant and apathetic? I fucking weep for whatever siblings you've got. Staying quiet and just letting the country committing the atrocities be responsible for ending them is fucking ridiculous. People like you would have gotten every jew and gypsy in Europe killed.

ya you're right. I remember seeing that CNN footage of the Spanish crushing central america and british and french colonists driving out the Native Americans The rest of Europe must have been too busy watching Sopranos reruns to care.

And if you didn't get the obvious point there, just be sure to stop quoting history. You haven't learned any.

to torture and kill Tibetans is pretty fucking selfish, don't you think? (that's rhetorical, I know you don't think). You can't fucking have it both ways.

How the fuck have you reached your age and not figured out the difference between a people and their government? Trade restrictions are between governments and corporations. It's the protests that let the governments and world community know what some in the public think. It spreads messages to otherwise ignorant people. This is how change is made.

Here's a question. If the Olympics where in the US this year and there were protests as the torch passed through Seoul would you think the same thing?

You're saying all of those colonists who have settled in the Americas had no fucking idea of the devastating atrocities committed by their fellow countrymen? Maybe not the ones still in Europe, but the hordes that immigrated to the Americas sure as hell participated and contributed to murdering the natives of an entire continent. Where were the protesters in the settlements?

Here's the deal: Injin man helps white man settle in the new world, Injin man turns his back, white man sticks a turkey baster up Injin man's ass. White people celebrate Thanksgiving to off-put the guilt their next generation would feel.

And the colonization of the Americas is just the tip of the iceberg. Just think of all of the horrific atrocities committed by western nations in the 20th century.

Before you put words into my mouth again, I'm not saying because western nations have committed horrible crimes against humanity, it's okay for China to do the same. The world can be an evil place. Horrible things happen that cannot be stopped. If these things were possible, we wouldn't need religion.

And don't make comments about my family. This is just two anonymous fucktards arguing on the fucking internet. If you want to make it personal than we should chit chat in Indio a few weeks from now. Ok?

Looking back at something which happened 200 years ago is a bit different to looking at the atrocities committed around the world today. In the 20th century we protested our own involvement in Vietnam, and foreign policy would eventually succumb to domestic outrage. At least during the 20th century we had to right to express dissent towards our government, and we've come to the understanding that those nations most prominent on the international arena receive the closest scrutiny, not just China.
    Last edited by theburiedlife; 04-09-2008 at 10:47 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by TeamCoachellaHellYeah View Post
    this is fantastic news...we can all fist ourselves in peace now...
    http://www.last.fm/user/theburydlife

2011 Wishlist: Soviet Soviet, Swans, Heroin and Your Veins, Lower Dens, The December Sound, Scarlet Youth, Faunts, Bad Lieutenant, The Besnard Lakes, The Raveonettes, Screen Vinyl Image, Sway