Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Intelligent Politics Discussion Thread

Default Re: Intelligent Politics Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by PassiveTheory View Post
    Andy, you should have gone to Tokyo Police Club, damnit...
    I wanted to actually, but my Coachella fund is impeding on everything else.

...Including concerts, I sold my other tickets to Dylan so he could go with his GF to a show up in LA. How was it?

Anyway, The president didn't get what he wanted from that Nato Summit in Bucharest (Yesterday?/Today?). The Coalition is still deciding whether or not to extend an invitation of membership two former Soviet satellite states, Georgia (the country) and Ukraine. The US has strongly backed it but there are substantial fears that this will cause even more of a divide between Nato and Russia. Even though apparently we are negotiating with the Russians on the missile shield to 'defend against rogue states', there is a cold frost looming over the horizon which hints at another cold war if the Nato bloc extends farther eastward...

Young blood

NEW YORK (MarketWatch) -- J.P. Morgan Chase & Co (JPM:
    JPMorgan Chase & Co CEO Jamie Dimon said Thursday that Bear Stearns BSC which Morgan has agreed to buy, has borrowed $25 billion from a new Federal Reserve facility established to loan money directly to investment banks with trouble financing their business. Dimon, along with Bear CEO Alan Schwartz, are testifying in front of a Senate Committee Thursday.

"Borrow" hahahahahahahahaha

Coachella Junkie jackstraw94086's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Young blood View Post
    NEW YORK (MarketWatch) -- J.P. Morgan Chase & Co (JPM:
    JPMorgan Chase & Co CEO Jamie Dimon said Thursday that Bear Stearns BSC which Morgan has agreed to buy, has borrowed $25 billion from a new Federal Reserve facility established to loan money directly to investment banks with trouble financing their business. Dimon, along with Bear CEO Alan Schwartz, are testifying in front of a Senate Committee Thursday.

"Borrow" hahahahahahahahaha
    Let's just wait 28 days and see what happens.

Young blood

I want a stack.

I also pronounce coyote the new way.

coy*silent pause*yot

Young blood

The 25 billion has already been spent and forgot about.

Quote Originally Posted by Young blood View Post
    I want a stack.

I also pronounce coyote the new way.

coy*silent pause*yot
    I pronounce it coyot*kicks jukebox with heel and sticks out two fists with thumbs raised*aayyyyyye!

So what is everyone's opinion about the torch run through Europe (Paris in particular)? I agree with the sentiment, but don't people have anything better to do than try to put out the torch?

I am sure China is loving this publicity.
    For your health

If you're going to bring stuff up, please include some kind of reference so that people that are smart enough to avoid news at all costs (e.g. me) will know what the fuck you're talking about. What happened with the torch, or is going to happen with the torch? Olympics in Beijing are related I assume. Why the fuck is it something to be discussed?

And no, I won't google it.
    Quote Originally Posted by schoolofruckus View Post
    Look, your parenting is yours and Randy's business alone.
    Fans of TheLastGreatMan Accessory Shop

Quote Originally Posted by thelastgreatman View Post
    If you're going to bring stuff up, please include some kind of reference so that people that are smart enough to avoid news at all costs (e.g. me) will know what the fuck you're talking about. What happened with the torch, or is going to happen with the torch? Olympics in Beijing are related I assume. Why the fuck is it something to be discussed?

And no, I won't google it.
    There you go. I thought more people knew about it.
    For your health

I didnt know she was that Gun-ho about the olympics.

Go figure.

I don't give a rat's ass about the Olympics. I don't see the point in athletic competition.
    Quote Originally Posted by concertgoer View Post
    You better stop because he can shut down this message board with one call.

Quote Originally Posted by amyzzz View Post
    I don't give a rat's ass about the Olympics. I don't see the point in athletic competition.
    oh women....

I'm kind of amused at the fact that the world's next superpower and leader of the unfree world is getting a taste of the international humiliation that comes along with it.

Fuck the olympics. The chinese are just going to cheat like always anyway.

Who needs Tibet as an excuse to boycott the Olympics? We already have rhythmic gymnastics.

I'll bet none of the protesters who are in support of Tibet independence really gives a rat's ass about their bullshit cause. They just think they care about the oppressed Tibetans.

It's a way for these dickheads to vent out their anger at the fact a billion chinks are going to be their children's employers and cubicle landlords in the future.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nipples View Post
    if i had 1200 bucks id buy another guitar, or a bunch of pot...

Quote Originally Posted by jackstraw94086 View Post
    I'm kind of amused at the fact that the world's next superpower and leader of the unfree world is getting a taste of the international humiliation that comes along with it.

Fuck the olympics. The chinese are just going to cheat like always anyway.
    The world's next superpower will be Brazil. China can't avoid being involved in the conflict that will unseat the US, but it also is in no way well-suited to coming out of that conflict on top.

Brazil will own 2050-2100, I've been telling you over and over again. Get with the program.

economics is not a zero-sum game.

The murder capital where we murder for capital

so roughly around the time of my death, they will be a superpower.

All they need now is what every superpower nees. Nuclear weapons.

Quote Originally Posted by SojuGorae View Post
    I'll bet none of the protesters who are in support of Tibet independence really gives a rat's ass about their bullshit cause. They just think they care about the oppressed Tibetans.

It's a way for these dickheads to vent out their anger at the fact a billion chinks are going to be their children's employers and cubicle landlords in the future.
    what the hell are you talking about? Are 400 million americans the employers and "cubicle landlords" of Europe? Economics has nothing to do with it. Are you really that soulless that you can't comprehend how people could be outraged at China's alleged abuses in Tibet?

There are a lot of retarded things said on this board but lets at least keep the bar above that.

Are those your chinamen cousins with their boots on the throats of Tibetan citizens or something?

Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    economics is not a zero-sum game.
    Very true. Brazil is completely energy independent and the largest economic power of any of the continents that won't be directly affected by the collapse.

Having nuclear weapons won't be all that important after the nuclear war. Having a controllable population to resources ratio, energy supply, and environment, however, will.

Quote Originally Posted by jackstraw94086 View Post
    what the hell are you talking about? Are 400 million americans the employers and "cubicle landlords" of Europe? Economics has nothing to do with it. Are you really that soulless that you can't comprehend how people could be outraged at China's alleged abuses in Tibet?

There are a lot of retarded things said on this board but lets at least keep the bar above that.

Are those your chinamen cousins with their boots on the throats of Tibetan citizens or something?
    I was speaking on behalf of the typical mindset of a protester. In their minds, China is a threat so what better way to vent out their anger than to use Tibet as a way to express hatred. I'm not the biggest fan of China and I personally don't think they'll become the next super power.

I just think those morons protesting the situation in Tibet or any westerner who are criticizing China's handle on it are a bunch of hypocritical motherfuckers who I would personally like to beat the living shit out of. They should really take a look back at their own history before aiming their scorn at the Chinese.

And no, those Chinamen with their boots on the throats of Tibetan citizens are not my cousins. I'm Korean, which to the typical American, may think we are a another type of Chinese.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nipples View Post
    if i had 1200 bucks id buy another guitar, or a bunch of pot...

China is inviting criticism of it's record by hosting the Olympics. China thought it would be the perfect opportunity to flaunt it's new wealth and international prowess on the international stage but they forgot about that little region called Tibet which they invaded and have brutally suppressed for over 50 years ago. the party also has to deal a pesky human rights advocates, like Hu Jia, by locking them in jail.

How dare "westerners" challenge the one party domination, idealogical and societal suppression, or the massive civil unrest (of immigrant populations) which lies in 'The Peoples Republic' of China. Give the resistance movement more credit than a ragtag group of hipsters, China has had centuries of regime change, brutal political revolutions, and efforts to homogenize acquired territories, It's time (especially now) they were called out for it.
    Last edited by theburiedlife; 04-08-2008 at 02:40 AM.

...and no, we don't think you all look alike.

Quote Originally Posted by theburiedlife View Post
    China is inviting criticism of it's record by hosting the Olympics. China thought it would be the perfect opportunity to flaunt it's new wealth and international prowess on the international stage but they forgot about that little region called Tibet which they invaded and have brutally suppressed for over 50 years ago. the party also has to deal a pesky human rights advocates, like Hu Jia, by locking them in jail.

How dare "westerners" challenge the one party domination, idealogical and societal suppression, or the massive civil unrest (of immigrant populations) which lies in 'The Peoples Republic' of China. Give the resistance movement more credit than a ragtag group of hipsters, China has had centuries of regime change, brutal political revolutions, and efforts to homogenize acquired territories, It's time (especially now) they were called out for it.

What the fuck are you babbling about?

thestripe

Ragetag group of hipsters are going to bring down China. Get with the babble, Randy.

That was the single most confusing post I might have ever seen on this board. Well, confusing and dumb as shit, but mostly straight confusing. Like cloud9 but instead of grammatical gibberish it was all contextual gibberish.

Young blood

Its almost like capture the flag. If you can wrestle the torch away a dude in wheelchair thats surrounded by 30 security guards and a gaggle of police you are the winner.

Quote Originally Posted by SojuGorae View Post
    I was speaking on behalf of the typical mindset of a protester. In their minds, China is a threat so what better way to vent out their anger than to use Tibet as a way to express hatred. I'm not the biggest fan of China and I personally don't think they'll become the next super power.

I just think those morons protesting the situation in Tibet or any westerner who are criticizing China's handle on it are a bunch of hypocritical motherfuckers who I would personally like to beat the living shit out of. They should really take a look back at their own history before aiming their scorn at the Chinese.

And no, those Chinamen with their boots on the throats of Tibetan citizens are not my cousins. I'm Korean, which to the typical American, may think we are a another type of Chinese.

You just said the same damn thing you did in your first post. You didn't explain what the hell you were talking about. You once again had the gall to presume you know the minds of all protesters and how you are certain their motives have nothing to do with human rights abuse. That's fucked. I'm sorry, it's fucked. You want to beat the shit out of people protesting Chinese treatment of Tibet? Good luck with that.

My response to you seemingly pro-china tirade was made before I knew you were korean. Your comment about how typical americans think koreans and chinese are the same is both racist and just generally offensive. You're not peddling your insecurities very effectively.

Young blood