Thread: Black Keys

Lurker

Default Black Keys

Is nobody else as excited as I am too see the black keys. I personally think they're more entertaining than the white stripes for only being two members. If you have never heard of them, their defentily worth listening to for a couple of moments.

Judgy McMarco TeamCoachellaHellYeah's Avatar

Default Re: Black Keys

Actually I am..though I have a few other bands I want to see too...I hope there is no conflict...I saw them perform on Conan O' Brien and it was effing amazing...

I totally agree GibsonGuy! I love the Black Keys...just bare bones rock n' roll. Can't wait to catch their show.
    ~Kiss the Sound that Pounds your Senses~

I hadn't heard of the Black Keys before Coachella 2004. We luckily stumbled onto their performance and it was amazing. I am looking forward to seeing them again now that I'm familiar with them.

And again, as has been pointed out by many others, one of the best things about the festival is discovering new artists you like.

I f'in love the black keys... was introduced at thickfreakness and have been addicted since... currently listening to rubber factory... great album... can't wait to see em...

Lurker

I really like the Black Keys as well but i've seen them a couple of times and probably wont go see them unless there's no one else i want to see playing at the time. Plus last time i saw them they mainly played there new album stuff and hardly songs off of old albums but there really good live so people should check them out if they've never seen them before.

Yeah they'll mos def put on a killer show.. Saturday's gonna be a busy ass day around the time they hit the stage. !!!, Blonde Redhead, LCD, Ghostface, MSTRKRFT... *gives his head a shake*

Lurker

Love me some Black Keys!! (especially live)
    He who forgets will be destined to remember.

yeah, i'm extremely excited about them. the arctic monkeys are a fun band to see live too. go rock&roll! i just wish this show had a little more of it.

if i don't have anything else to watch, i'll catch them.

The Black Keys are awesome. Who'd have guesses a couple of skinny white boys from Ohio could sound...like THIS?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6fMnFFB5XXM
    Last edited by HorrorLibraryNet; 01-31-2007 at 04:53 PM. Reason: (can't figure out how to post an embedded video)

Are they really better than the White Stripes live?!?! Ive never seen the Black Keys, but I find it hard to believe that they would be better then tws. I cant wait though, they are a big reason to go.

i'm such a sucker for this kind of stuff, can't wait to see them

I own all of their cds you better believe I'll be there unless they are playing at the same time or right before the arcade fire.

Quote Originally Posted by HorrorLibraryNet View Post
    The Black Keys are awesome. Who'd have guesses a couple of skinny white boys from Ohio could sound...like THIS?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6fMnFFB5XXM

whoa, never heard of them but they kick ass. I am pumped to see these guys now. They have officially moved into my top 5 must see acts.

thanks for the YT vid. I'm going to go buy their album after work today

I saw the Black Keys at The Forum in London and they were absolutely awesome. It's crazy how 2 guys can make so much noise and make it sound so so good.

I will definitely be catching them again.
    Last edited by CaptainMalarkey; 02-02-2007 at 03:08 PM.

saw the black keys in Manchester.

amazing

definetly excited about the black keys. i missed them at coachella 04 but caught them in LA quite sometime ago and they were amazing. cant wait.

I've never heard the Black keys so can you guys tell me what songs I should hear so I can see if I like them
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltaSigChi4 View Post

A long history of numerous championships, pennants, and other accolades make the Yankees the greatest franchise in all of organised sports.
    E

the whole thick freakness album is really good. also thier new album magic potion is pretty rad.

Cool man I'll have to check them out. So from what people are saying on here its only two guys.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltaSigChi4 View Post

A long history of numerous championships, pennants, and other accolades make the Yankees the greatest franchise in all of organised sports.
    E

black keys are pretty sick but white stripes. i think thats going to far. jack white. dude. com'on

Lurker

I rate the Black Keys as can't miss if blues flavored alternative rock appeals to you. The band is one guy on guitar and vocals and the other plays drums. I have seen them twice, they come across better live than they do on CD. My favorite tracks are Your Touch, Stack Shot Billy, The Flame and Girl is on My Mind.

This is a 'new' band to me, that I am definantly going to check out. What I've heard so far sounds really good. Excellent bluesy guitar skills, great voice.

But its gonna be hard to convince me that these guys are better live then the White Stripes. I would put the WS in my top 10 concerts of all time; but then again I am biased. I was in the very center of the front row of their last show at Red Rocks Ampitheatre, CO. Amazing show, being only about 10 feet away from Jack and Meg, with thousands of fans behind me!