Thread: Recieved Tix Via Email & Want To Sell Two Days, Afraid of Counterfeit?

Hybrid View

Default Recieved Tix Via Email & Want To Sell Two Days, Afraid of Counterfeit?

Simple question:

I bought the 3-day like everyone else, only to see Rage & some Sat. acts. Don't care for the Friday ticket and want to sell it for face value. However, it being emailed to me and being in PDF format, would someone be able to counterfeit any of the other days, using my order number, or screw around with TM and get the tickets re-issued? I know the barcodes are different, I just don't want to be SOL after helping people out and selling them face value. Any info helps folks.

Default Re: Recieved Tix Via Email & Want To Sell Two Days, Afraid of Counterfeit?

I wondered this myself. What's to stop someone from printing the tickets out and then selling them to someone else. All you would have to do is get to the venue earlier than the other person each day.

Default Re: Recieved Tix Via Email & Want To Sell Two Days, Afraid of Counterfeit?

Yeah there's some sketchy people out there. Anyone ever heard of being able to have your tickets re-issued in paper form??

Why the hell did I have them emailed to me? I'm an idiot. It's three months away!

call TM to re-issue you hard tix, they will void pdfs, ive done that before

even easier than that...just print them and mail them only the ones you want them to have...

I broke them apart already in three seperate PDF's, but having my name and order number on the ticket makes me kind of sketched...

I'll call TM and re-issue them hard copy. That'd be ideal. Thanks a lot man.

Quote Originally Posted by _Alcoholic View Post
    I'll call TM and re-issue them hard copy. That'd be ideal.
    If I were to buy an email ticket [from somebody else] would I be able to have TM issue a hard copy as well or do you have to be the purchaser? Might be a silly question but does anyone have any clue?

vinylmartyr

No clue

I've been wondering the same thing myself as I'm also selling a couple tickets, so I called up Ticketmaster to speak with a CSR about it.

He said that anytime someone calls to inquire about an order, make any changes, etc. that they always ask for the name, mailing address, and last four digits of the credit card given when the order was made before they actually do anything. And sure enough those are things he asked me for before I could ask him a single thing. So you should feel safe about your order unless someone at Ticketmaster really drops the ball. Don't take my word for it of course and call Ticketmaster up yourself to verify that your Sat&Sun tickets won't be messed with.

Hope this helps!