Thread: Rules for Cameras

Lurker

Default Rules for Cameras

On the rules page it says that you Are allowed to bring cameras as long as they are not proffessional (which means as long as they do not have a removable lens). How strict are they on this rule?? I have a Canon Rebel XT and it does have a removable lens. Will they allow this camera into the show??

Default Re: Rules for Cameras

I was wondering the same thing. I have a 35mm Canon EOS Elan IIe and was wondering if I'd still be able to bring it in.

Lurker

Hello...any camera with a removeable lens is considered a "pro" camera, and therefore will not be allowed. Can you people not comprehend what that means?

I am sure its possible to get in with one...getting caught though would suck when entering.

I am a photographer, and it always pains me to have to resort to my tiny point-and-shoot while at Coachella, but on top of having to sneak in my SLR, I would be so afraid it would be 1) crushed/broken, 2) stolen, 3) inundated with desert dust and Coachella funk that it would be compromised by the end of the festival. Plus, lugging stuff around sucks, and even having to worry about one backpack can be a real drag in that heat, or when you're dancing, etc!

I find that I really don't take as many pictures as I think I am going to take, either, because I am too busy enjoying the music.

chances are security doesn't know the difference between "professional" and "prosumer"

I took my Canon (with removable lens) in last year and security didn't question it. But it was a pain to keep up with and I didn't drag it along after day 1.
    Just use your cell phone. The pictures will be bad, but they will be enough to remind you of how awesome it was in person!

last year on saturday, i saw quite a few people with (pro)cameras. i wasn't going to try to bring mine in that day but i was able to get it in the next day. i even had an extra lens in my bag with it. i'm still going to have to sneak it in this year. now that i know what to expect.

As much as i love my SLR, im going to bring my mistress holga.

I took in my Canon Rebel SLR last year. They searched my bag but didn't confiscate it. I had a side stage pass and they sometimes let me into the photo pit which was incredible. I got some really good shots and took about four or five roles overall in one day. It was totally worth having it even though I had to lug it around and make sure no one bumped into me.
    So, I say try to take it in.

Ooh that gives me hope. I also have a rebel, it sounds like they’re being pretty lenient towards them. I already take mine everywhere with me, not too bothered by the thought of carrying it around.

Just take pictures with your God damn cameraphone, like the rest of the crowd.

camera phone no beuno. im bringing my slr this time. im over my point and shoot. i get so mad every year when i see people in there with their nice cameras. so yeah!
    ya fuckass.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Wyndham View Post
    camera phone no beuno. im bringing my slr this time. im over my point and shoot. i get so mad every year when i see people in there with their nice cameras. so yeah!
    SORRY BUT THEY WONT LET YOU IN WITH AN SLR NO CAMERAS WITH REMOVEABLE LENSES I HAVE A CANON DSLR AND THEY DIDNT LET ME IN WITH IT LAST YEAR

they probably wont the first day. but my friends got theirs in the past couple of years.
    ya fuckass.

Just stick the lens down your pants and pretend you're hung like a horse.
    Recent studies at Yale have shown that being an asshole is detrimental to one's health. Professor Sweetlove, a Psychology professor, came on record as saying:
    "Assholes and local desert rats tend to live shorter lives and have less consensual sexual relations than non assholes. It could be due to lower testoserone levels or a chemical imbalance in the brain but some people are just wired to be.... well.... assholes"
    Full story can be found here. AP