Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 120 of 268

Thread: **Coachella Camper's Survival Kit**

  1. #91
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    149

    Default Re: **Coachella Camper's Survival Kit**

    Goldbond - because no one likes chaffing
    2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011

    Excuse me sir
    I'm lost
    I'm looking for a place
    Where I can get lost
    I'm looking for a home
    For my malfunctioning being
    I'm looking for the mechanical music museum

  2. #92
    Member coldstart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    SLO, CA
    Posts
    2,357

    Default Re: **Coachella Camper's Survival Kit**

    "Don't forget to bring a towel!"
    Quote Originally Posted by hannibul View Post
    It was NOT over when the germans bombed Pearl Harbor!
    '06, '07, '08, '09, '11!

  3. #93

    Default Re: **Coachella Camper's Survival Kit**

    Remember ear plugs, you fuckers

  4. #94

    Default Re: **Coachella Camper's Survival Kit**

    Brett, this thread has been a lifesaver for me.

    I printed out your list and gathered all the stuff..packed my bag and traveled from Costa Rics to Indio CA..not knowing what the hell to expect, but reassured that I had followed your advice.

    The spray sunscreen is amazing. After years and years of searching for a sunscreen that doesnt feel all oily and gross on my super sensitive skin...you have led me to The Sunscreen. I actually loved how refreshing it was to reapply it. I was spraying away happily every three hours, and came back home without burned skin.

    Every single item on the list saved my ass as well, specially those wet wipes.

    Thank you for the great advice, this is a great thread for Coachella newbies.

  5. #95
    Member BrettShipes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    801

    Default Re: **Coachella Camper's Survival Kit**

    Quote Originally Posted by Felixxxia View Post
    Brett, this thread has been a lifesaver for me.

    I printed out your list and gathered all the stuff..packed my bag and traveled from Costa Rics to Indio CA..not knowing what the hell to expect, but reassured that I had followed your advice.

    The spray sunscreen is amazing. After years and years of searching for a sunscreen that doesnt feel all oily and gross on my super sensitive skin...you have led me to The Sunscreen. I actually loved how refreshing it was to reapply it. I was spraying away happily every three hours, and came back home without burned skin.

    Every single item on the list saved my ass as well, specially those wet wipes.

    Thank you for the great advice, this is a great thread for Coachella newbies.
    My pleasure. I'm glad I could help out.

    No shit about the sunscreen, it's like I know what I'm talking about. 5 Coachellas and not one bit of sunburn on my ghostly white skin.
    Quote Originally Posted by Errant View Post
    I walked straight in with a mixed drink in a 20oz Dixie cup in one hand, and an unopened beer in the other. I fully intended to toss them in the box, but CSC was waving and hurrying me through.

  6. #96
    Member PhishCake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Ludlow, Vt
    Posts
    71

    Default Re: **Coachella Camper's Survival Kit**

    Total noob here w/a few ??? about the grounds and policies.

    First off, I'm here because of the rumored Phish fest this Halloween. I'll be coming from Vermont , and probly be going alone.


    Do they really search your shit "thoroughly"?
    Can I bring/smuggle in some hard liquor?
    Are we really not allowed to grill/cook our own food? For 3 days??
    Will I be allowed a cooler w/beer . soda , water?


    I'm curious as to how this goes down. At previous Phish fests the concert tik includes camping. I hope this is the case. And they didn't care about beer, liquor, grilling (just no open fires) and it was pretty much a free for all. R.V.'s were allowed. Lots of vending. It was always a huge multi day party with very little restrictions. I hope the Phish management negotiates some leeway in Coachella's policies.

    Any help is appreciated. Thanx in advance.
    I've spent most of my money on women and booze.
    The rest I just squandered.

  7. #97
    old school djandrews25's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Huntington Beach
    Posts
    4,488

    Default Re: **Coachella Camper's Survival Kit**

    They check really good. We snuck in clear alcohol in waterbottles that were in a cooler full of waterbottles. no cooking grilling. no beer. You can sneak anything in if you are crafty enough.
    Quote Originally Posted by juloxx View Post
    Shut the fuck up you pussy. If you dont get down with Westside Connection you have no credibility in the music world what so-ever. Get off these forums you *** *** and go bump your N'sync
    Quote Originally Posted by Goatchella View Post
    I'm down with westside connect....fail again

  8. #98
    Member PhishCake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Ludlow, Vt
    Posts
    71

    Default Re: **Coachella Camper's Survival Kit**

    I forgot that trick. I took a cruise to Mexico a few years back and of course we took plenty of "water" bottles. Grey Goose .

    funny story. My gf is lactose sensative, so she eats her cereal with....yup WATER. (I know, gross) And then she called ME an asshole when she poured herself a bowl of breakfast vodka!!!
    I've spent most of my money on women and booze.
    The rest I just squandered.

  9. #99
    old school djandrews25's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Huntington Beach
    Posts
    4,488

    Default Re: **Coachella Camper's Survival Kit**

    Lol i dont know how many people came to my cooler for a drink of water that weekend.
    Quote Originally Posted by juloxx View Post
    Shut the fuck up you pussy. If you dont get down with Westside Connection you have no credibility in the music world what so-ever. Get off these forums you *** *** and go bump your N'sync
    Quote Originally Posted by Goatchella View Post
    I'm down with westside connect....fail again

  10. #100
    Lurker
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Baltimore, MD
    Posts
    7

    Default Re: **Coachella Camper's Survival Kit**

    My friends and I decided we are going to camp for the first time at Coachella next year....and we have no idea what to expect or bring! This has been awesome!

  11. #101
    Member MantisMel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Places
    Posts
    852

    Default Re: **Coachella Camper's Survival Kit**

    Quote Originally Posted by whencurlsattacks View Post
    My friends and I decided we are going to camp for the first time at Coachella next year....and we have no idea what to expect or bring! This has been awesome!
    Well, It took me about two years to figure it out and I still haven't perfected the art of camping at Coachella. I usually make a list of things that I know I will need. Tent, Sleeping Bag, Pillow, and possibly cushioned floor mat to soften the ground you will be sleeping on.

    Then its also important to consider the things you don't necessarily think of due to pent up excitement for the weekend--like aspirin, chap stick, sunblock, toiletries and a towel.

    If you are planning to camp on sight I've learned to also BRING SHADE!!! An EZ UP canopy. It does get hot and there will be no trees to hangout under. There are cell phone recharging stations and a mini mart to buy cigs, snacks, toiletries and things of that nature but its wise to bring all that yourself. Also bring plenty of cash with you cuz as much as we all like paying a sevice charge at the ATM it still a good idea to go to the bank before hand.

    Don't bring anything valuable!!! i.e. a laptop, your super awesome expensive camera you just bought for Coachella, the diamond tennis bracelet that your grandmother has had since 1664 and what not.

    DO bring plenty of snacks and easy to make things that don't involve cooking cuz there is nowhere to cook. WATER!!! WATER!!! WATER!!!! OH! AND BOOZE [which you have to sneak in yourself via camp'ou'flage]!!!

    Usually if you plan on joining a camping group for Coachella here on the boards, it's best to wait till the line up is announced to see who you want to camp with. The organizing usually starts then. If you want to do it with just your friends that's cool too! I promise, no matter where you camp you will make new friends.)

    Lastly, PLEASE bring a smile, hot chicks and good times! Have fun and enjoy your first Coachella!
    '01 '02 '03 '04 '06 '07 '08 '09 '10 '11 '12 '13...





  12. #102
    Coachella Junkie Aurgasm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    9,698

    Default Re: **Coachella Camper's Survival Kit**

    Quote Originally Posted by MantisMel View Post

    Lastly, PLEASE bring a smile, hot chicks and good times! Have fun and enjoy your first Coachella!
    espescially these.

    I bring a back up source of money, a well stocked toiletry kit and plenty a few towels/blankets. Make sure you wear comfy shoes and a good supply of socks
    Rhythm is a dancer.

  13. #103
    Member phonographer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    An hour from Coachella
    Posts
    675

    Default Re: **Coachella Camper's Survival Kit**

    o_O good pieces of information. My friends and I are also planning on camping next year as well! I'll have to come back to this later on, just in case the "pent up excitement for the weekend" take ahold of me when the time comes.
    2007, 2008, 2009, 2010

  14. #104
    old school Suffacated's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Coachella Baby!
    Posts
    2,756

    Default Re: **Coachella Camper's Survival Kit**

    Usually if you plan on joining a camping group for Coachella here on the boards, it's best to wait till the line up is announced to see who you want to camp with. The organizing usually starts then. If you want to do it with just your friends that's cool too! I promise, no matter where you camp you will make new friends.)

    Lastly, PLEASE bring a smile, hot chicks and good times! Have fun and enjoy your first Coachella!
    So true...

  15. #105
    Old Gay Guy gaypalmsprings's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Palm Springs, CA
    Posts
    20,732

    Default Re: **Coachella Camper's Survival Kit**

    Quote Originally Posted by SepaGroove View Post
    You shouldn't feel uncool for not going to EDC, you should feel uncool because you are uncool.

  16. #106
    Member MantisMel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Places
    Posts
    852

    Default Re: **Coachella Camper's Survival Kit**

    I guess it's worth it to try it. But this year I think Im opting for a place with a swimming pool and biking distance from the place.
    '01 '02 '03 '04 '06 '07 '08 '09 '10 '11 '12 '13...





  17. #107

    Default Re: **Coachella Camper's Survival Kit**

    Quote Originally Posted by MantisMel View Post
    I guess it's worth it to try it. But this year I think Im opting for a place with a swimming pool and biking distance from the place.
    Whhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaat.

  18. #108
    Member LiKeBuTtAh !'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    not there....HERE!
    Posts
    91

    Default Re: **Coachella Camper's Survival Kit**

    Shade: Kelty's Shadehouse or Sunshade work most excellently
    Handiwipes: loaded with alcohol to get your lit-on-the dl :/ ...or for your butt
    Coachella: '03, '04, '05, '06, '07, '08, '09, '010, '011
    '012


    |~ ~|

  19. #109

    Default Re: **Coachella Camper's Survival Kit**

    Any ideas for food? I want to avoid bringing ice since it will melt quickly and become a hassle. I also want to limit the amount of food I buy at the festival. I realize I won't be able to take food inside but any ideas of what to keep at the campgrounds?

  20. #110
    Member OnlyNonStranger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Calgary, AB
    Posts
    2,423

    Default Re: **Coachella Camper's Survival Kit**

    Quote Originally Posted by MantisMel View Post
    I guess it's worth it to try it. But this year I think Im opting for a place with a swimming pool and biking distance from the place.
    That bikeride on the way back to your hotel is going to be a biiiiiitch.

  21. #111
    Coachella Junkie M Sparks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Posts
    12,132

    Default Re: **Coachella Camper's Survival Kit**

    You kind of have to bring ice, you're going to want to have cold drinks. But yeah, I don't like to depend on ice to keep food from spoiling.

    We brought shelf stable Peanut Butter and Bagels...gives you a protein & carb load at the same time, plus it somewhat resembles breakfast AND lunch. And it's filling. We would wait as long as possible in the morning to eat...maybe have this around 10:30 or 11. We wouldn't get hungry until 3 or 4...we'd have a good early dinner and that would usually hold us until the end of the day with maybe a shared snack in the evening. We'd usually sneak in a couple granola bars each day too.

    Yes, it got boring, but it was cheap, and we only had to buy one meal a day. If this doesn't appeal to you, figure out something else, just keep it simple. Also, even if you are pretty health conscious, don't worry about whether you are getting a perfectly balanced diet. It's 4 days, just concentrate on giving your body enough energy. I think I got something on Saturday that came with a little salad so I could get some greens, but otherwise I didn't worry. Some people try to pack up a ton of complicated food.

  22. #112
    Member littlewolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SF
    Posts
    106

    Default Re: **Coachella Camper's Survival Kit**

    Quote Originally Posted by M Sparks View Post
    Some people try to pack up a ton of complicated food.
    Good reminder. When I go camping I am the QUEEN of overpacking my cooler full of crap I never touch and I swear I'm going to try not to do it at Coachella. Must.Limit.Food.

  23. #113

    Default Re: **Coachella Camper's Survival Kit**

    Quote Originally Posted by M Sparks View Post
    You kind of have to bring ice, you're going to want to have cold drinks. But yeah, I don't like to depend on ice to keep food from spoiling.

    We brought shelf stable Peanut Butter and Bagels...gives you a protein & carb load at the same time, plus it somewhat resembles breakfast AND lunch. And it's filling. We would wait as long as possible in the morning to eat...maybe have this around 10:30 or 11. We wouldn't get hungry until 3 or 4...we'd have a good early dinner and that would usually hold us until the end of the day with maybe a shared snack in the evening. We'd usually sneak in a couple granola bars each day too.

    Yes, it got boring, but it was cheap, and we only had to buy one meal a day. If this doesn't appeal to you, figure out something else, just keep it simple. Also, even if you are pretty health conscious, don't worry about whether you are getting a perfectly balanced diet. It's 4 days, just concentrate on giving your body enough energy. I think I got something on Saturday that came with a little salad so I could get some greens, but otherwise I didn't worry. Some people try to pack up a ton of complicated food.
    Sound well thought out and something I would do. BUT, with the introduction of a propane stove/grill to the equation, AND ins/outs the campgrounds will smell like a bbq paradise! You can either hope your neighbor did what some others mentioned and brought way to much food and wish to share it OR you'll be standing around with a peanut butter bagel while I am cooking up breakfast burritos, hot dogs, and bacon burgers. All of which coincide with each other!!

    1) instant egg carton 2) bacon 3) hot dog 4) burger paddy 5) cheese (keep frozen)
    1) hot dog bun 2) burger bun 3) tortilla (no need to keep cool)

    BAM! Deliciousness all day long!! Simple & easy.
    Quote Originally Posted by fatbastard View Post
    Don't ever use Paul's name again in a posting. YOU GOT THAT YOU STUPID MOTHERFUCKER? Paul was making his bones in the business back when you were just cum in your mother's ear.

  24. #114
    Member littlewolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SF
    Posts
    106

    Default Re: **Coachella Camper's Survival Kit**

    vogina, can I come visit you for breakfast? Pretty please?

  25. #115

    Default Re: **Coachella Camper's Survival Kit**

    Quote Originally Posted by littlewolf View Post
    vogina, can I come visit you for breakfast? Pretty please?
    i will probably barter with you for something.. but ya for sure.

    Quote Originally Posted by fatbastard View Post
    Don't ever use Paul's name again in a posting. YOU GOT THAT YOU STUPID MOTHERFUCKER? Paul was making his bones in the business back when you were just cum in your mother's ear.

  26. #116

    Default Re: **Coachella Camper's Survival Kit**

    Quote Originally Posted by psychic friend View Post
    sorry folks at this point there is no promise of any cooking. please keep up with the changes.
    So it looks like propane stoves may not be allowed after all.

  27. #117
    Coachella Junkie M Sparks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Posts
    12,132

    Default Re: **Coachella Camper's Survival Kit**

    I could have sworn the FAQ said "no open flames", but now I can't find it...

  28. #118
    Member littlewolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SF
    Posts
    106

    Default Re: **Coachella Camper's Survival Kit**

    Quote Originally Posted by vogina View Post
    i will probably barter with you for something.. but ya for sure.

    I may have just gotten in over my head.

  29. #119
    lowfront
    Guest

    Default Re: **Coachella Camper's Survival Kit**

    I have never brought ice or a cooler in and got along just fine....

  30. #120

    Default Re: **Coachella Camper's Survival Kit**

    Quote Originally Posted by koliebo View Post
    So it looks like propane stoves may not be allowed after all.
    Where did you quote that from?
    Quote Originally Posted by fatbastard View Post
    Don't ever use Paul's name again in a posting. YOU GOT THAT YOU STUPID MOTHERFUCKER? Paul was making his bones in the business back when you were just cum in your mother's ear.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •