Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: **Coachella Camper's Survival Kit**

Default Re: **Coachella Camper's Survival Kit**

thanks i found it, but good looking out. i'm anxious on this... if golden voice gave the leap of faith to it's guest to drive cars into camp grounds & RV's.. with the extra amount of space they are giving us, I hope they take that extra leap of faith and give us the cooking privilege.
    Quote Originally Posted by fatbastard View Post
    Don't ever use Paul's name again in a posting. YOU GOT THAT YOU STUPID MOTHERFUCKER? Paul was making his bones in the business back when you were just cum in your mother's ear.

So we are allowed to bring water/food into the campsite, but not into the actual festival site? Sorry, I'm a coachella noob, this year will be my first.

The only thing we know for certain is that we don't know what the rule is for water in the fest. There are people who have no problem taking in several huge jugs while some people have their one sealed bottle confiscated. It all depends on the security person.

Last year there was a fancy refill program for empty bottles, but they try new things all the time. Keep updated with the FAQs and such as they get updated sometimes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Errant View Post
    I walked straight in with a mixed drink in a 20oz Dixie cup in one hand, and an unopened beer in the other. I fully intended to toss them in the box, but CSC was waving and hurrying me through.

Quote Originally Posted by BrettShipes View Post
    The only thing we know for certain is that we don't know what the rule is for water in the fest. There are people who have no problem taking in several huge jugs while some people have their one sealed bottle confiscated. It all depends on the security person.

Last year there was a fancy refill program for empty bottles, but they try new things all the time. Keep updated with the FAQs and such as they get updated sometimes.
    thank you!

The water info is actually kind of hidden away on the "sustainability" page, here's a link:

http://coachella.com/event/sustain#Wat

i remember really trying to prepare last year, but i didnt really end up needing much.
    chapstick and bath wipes really helped. sand and dirt + a lot of sunblock = grosssssss

H20. JUICE. FRUITS (APPLES, ORANGES, GRAPES, BANANAS) ICE. BASIC SANDWICH INGREDIANTS. SUNBLOCK. CLEAR EYES. FAN. SUNGLASSES. CLIFF BARS. ALK. HERB & DOE.
    Coachella 06, 07, 08 (Camping 07, 08)

010' Fri - Jay-Z . Them Crooked Vultures, The Specials, La Roux, P.O.S., Wale, As Tall as Lions, Grizzly Bear

Sat - Muse, Faith No More, DEVO, MGMT, Coheed & Cambria, Z-Trip, Les Claypool, Mew, Tokyo Police Club, Frightened Rabbit, Corainne Bailey Rae, RX Bandits, Portugal. The Man, Flying Lotus

Sun - Gorillaz, Thom Yorke (Radiohead =) Sly & the Family Stone, De La Soul, Yo La Tengo, MUTEMATH, Matt & Kim, B.O.B., King Khan & the Shrines, Phoenix

Sean Penn Acid Test 2008 - Legendary

2008 , 2009, 2010, 2011 , 2012 wk1, 2013 wk2. 6 years running!

Hell or highwater, fire and brimstone, not even cancer is powerful enough to keep me from Coachella!

Lurker

don't forget the amber lamps

Quote Originally Posted by BrettShipes View Post
    Last but CERTAINLY not least - YOUR F'n TICKETS! DON'T FORGET to buy THEM!
    FIXED, and this should probably now rate as the number one item considering the board is now jacked up with threads looking for them.
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    This is why you're a semi-employed cheetoh-munching fucktard.

Quote Originally Posted by JClemy View Post
    I always forget to put on sunscreen. Still never get a burn. Which is sweet.
    sweet yes

until you get melanoma

im mixed race and i get sunburn on my face when its warm and cloudy

uv does damage even when its cold

I love love love this list. It saved my life last year. Thanks for the thread bump so I could find it again.
    If you don't like me, you can kiss my whole asshole

Friday:The Avett Bros, Yeasayer, La Roux, The Whitest Boy Alive, Passion Pit, Vampire Weekend, She & Him, Deadmau5, Jay-Z

Saturday: Edward Sharpe & the Magnetic Zeros, the XX, Dirty Projectors, Major Lazor, MGMT, The Dead Weather, Hot Chip, Muse, 2ManyDjs

Sunday: Local Natives, Deerhunter, Miike Snow, Phoenix, Julian Casablancas, Infected Mushroom, Spoon, Sly & The Family Stone, Gorillaz

Thanks so much for posting this! This will be my first year at Coachella, and I really have no idea what to expect, but I feel like I will be a lot more prepared now. I would have never thought of some of these things, like toilet paper or Benadryl.

Quote Originally Posted by PhishCake View Post
    Total noob here w/a few ??? about the grounds and policies.

First off, I'm here because of the rumored Phish fest this Halloween. I'll be coming from Vermont , and probly be going alone.

Do they really search your shit "thoroughly"?
    Can I bring/smuggle in some hard liquor?
    Are we really not allowed to grill/cook our own food? For 3 days??
    Will I be allowed a cooler w/beer . soda , water?

I'm curious as to how this goes down. At previous Phish fests the concert tik includes camping. I hope this is the case. And they didn't care about beer, liquor, grilling (just no open fires) and it was pretty much a free for all. R.V.'s were allowed. Lots of vending. It was always a huge multi day party with very little restrictions. I hope the Phish management negotiates some leeway in Coachella's policies.

Any help is appreciated. Thanx in advance.
    You can grill at Coachella....propane only though....no charcoal......one cooking appliance per campspot

Regarding cooking, here's the full deal from the camping page:

I'll also add this to the first post.

The use of a outdoor cooking appliance is only permitted in the Car Camping and RV Camping areas. Cooking in the Tent Camping area is not permitted. The following are the requirements for the use of a outdoor cooking appliance:

1. All cooking appliances shall bear a certification or listing from a nationally recognized testing or certification organization. 2. Cooking appliances that only utilize propane as the fuel source shall be permitted. No wood, charcoal, flammable/combustible liquid cooking appliances permitted.
    3. One cooking appliance per camp site shall be permitted.
    4. Maximum amount of propane per campsite shall not exceed 20 pounds or 48 pounds of water capacity.
    5. A minimum of 3 feet of clearance shall be maintained at all times while the cooking appliance is in use. No combustible material shall be within 3 feet of the cooking appliance.
    6. Cooking appliances shall only be used during the hours of 7:00 am to 2:00 am PST.
    7. Cooking appliances, when in use, shall not be left unattended.

Rules & Safety Tips shall be posted at each camping site and included as a handout to all campers.
    I walked straight in with a mixed drink in a 20oz Dixie cup in one hand, and an unopened beer in the other. I fully intended to toss them in the box, but CSC was waving and hurrying me through.

Used this last week to remind me of what to buy when shopping.

Hell or highwater, fire and brimstone, not even cancer is powerful enough to keep me from Coachella!

one year i found these sunscreen "wipes" that just feel amazing and come up to SPF 50 I think. nice and light to carry all day too.

don't forget your toothbrush and toothpaste!

I'm doing my shopping tomorrow. See y'all in 9 DAYS.

I don't like shopping that much so last year I did all my shopping for my festival essentials all in 1 place - bought a festival kit from http://www.4kits.co.uk - it had everything I need for a festival camping weekend. They do air mail & it's all pretty well priced & quick.

J
    Last edited by AverageJoe; 04-07-2010 at 09:48 AM.

for some who easily get blisters on the bottom of your feet or corns, target has some good covers for this so it miminizes the blister effect from all the walking....

SUNSCREEN ALERT!

For those of you slackers who haven't done your shopping yet, Costco has the Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry-Touch Sunblock (70spf) for a great price - two 3 oz. bottles and a 1 oz. travel size bottle... all for $14.99. That's as cheap as I've seen this stuff anywhere, and the folks here swear by this stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by TomServo View Post
    SUNSCREEN ALERT!

For those of you slackers who haven't done your shopping yet, Costco has the Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry-Touch Sunblock (70spf) for a great price - two 3 oz. bottles and a 1 oz. travel size bottle... all for $14.99. That's as cheap as I've seen this stuff anywhere, and the folks here swear by this stuff.
    Thanks for the sweet tip!
    [ Friday ]Them Crooked Vultures Jay-Z Benny Benassi Passion Pit
    [ Saturday ] Muse Porcupine Tree Faith No More Mew Tiesto The Dead Weather Pretty Lights
    [ Sunday ] Gorillaz Thom Yorke MuteMath Yann Tiersen Phoenix Orbital

I'm just about ready, how 'bout you guys?

yep. i have purchased most of these things yesterday as well as some new clothes this is a great list, and gave me a good idea of what to anticipate! Thanks!

Hope you're all packed!

the 99 cent store is amazing for everything. I bought everything on the list and then some for 50 bucks.

99 cent store is the best!

gonna do one last stop at bed bath & beyond. they always have something random.

COACHELLAAAAAAA!!!!!
    Coachellas '08, '09, '10, '11, '12 (W1&2), '13 (W1&2)

Bump for the new kids.