Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The how-fucking-stupid is this thread

Default The how-fucking-stupid is this thread

Traveler said TSA forced her to remove nipple piercings at Texas airport
    Associated Press
    Mar. 27, 2008 03:56 PM

LOS ANGELES - A Texas woman who said she was forced to remove a nipple ring with pliers in order to board an airplane called Thursday for an apology by federal security agents and a civil rights investigation.

"I wouldn't wish this experience upon anyone," Mandi Hamlin said at a news conference. "My experience with TSA was a nightmare I had to endure. No one deserves to be treated this way."

Hamlin, 37, said she was trying to board a flight from Lubbock to Dallas on Feb. 24 when she was scanned by a Transportation Security Administration agent after passing through a larger metal detector without problems.

The female TSA agent used a handheld detector that beeped when it passed in front of Hamlin's chest, the Dallas-area resident said.

Hamlin said she told the woman she was wearing nipple piercings. The women then called over her male colleagues, one of whom said she would have to remove the jewelry, Hamlin said.

Hamlin said she could not remove them and asked whether she could instead display her pierced breasts in private to the female agent. But several other male officers told her she could not board her flight until the jewelry was out, she said.

She was taken behind a curtain and managed to remove one bar-shaped piercing but had trouble with the second, a ring.

"Still crying, she informed the TSA officer that she could not remove it without the help of pliers, and the officer gave a pair to her," said Hamlin's attorney, Gloria Allred, reading from a letter she sent Thursday to the director of the TSA's Office of Civil Rights and Liberties.

Hamlin said she heard male TSA agents snickering as she took out the ring. She was scanned again and was allowed to board even though she still was wearing a belly button ring.

"After nipple rings are inserted, the skin can often heal around the piercing, and the rings can be extremely difficult and painful to remove," Allred said in the letter.

Hamlin filed a complaint, but the TSA's customer service manager at the Lubbock airport concluded the screening was handled properly, Allred said.

Allred said she might consider legal action if the TSA does not apologize.

On its Web site, the TSA warns that passengers "may be additionally screened because of hidden items such as body piercings, which alarmed the metal detector."

"If you are selected for additional screening, you may ask to remove your body piercing in private as an alternative to a pat-down search," the site says.

Hamlin would have accepted a "pat-down" had it been offered, Allred said.

Hamlin was publicly humiliated and has "undergone an enormous amount of physical pain to have the nipple rings reinserted" because of scar tissue, Allred said.

"The conduct of TSA was cruel and unnecessary," Allred wrote. "The last time that I checked a nipple was not a dangerous weapon."

TSA spokesman Dwayne Baird said he was unaware of the incident. There is no specific TSA policy on dealing with body piercings, he said, "as long as it doesn't sound the alarms."

If an alarm does sound, "until that is resolved, we're not going to let them go through the checkpoint, no matter what they're wearing or where they're wearing it."

People routinely pass through security wearing wedding rings without problems, and it might take a larger bit of metal to trigger an alarm, Baird said.
    Quote Originally Posted by efrain44 View Post
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

Default Re: The how-fucking-stupid is this thread

That is fucked up.
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    The Smiths - makes me think bin Laden has a point.

This is why you should where higher grade body jewelry if it wasn't made of cheap metal then the metal detector wouldn't have gone off.
    Quote Originally Posted by NiceArthur32 View Post
    theres nothing gay about snowballing...

Can't wait for the pending lawsuit.

Idiots are truly running the world...

that sux!!!

Its like the Infinite Monkey Theorem, if you put X amount of monkeys in a room with a typewriter and ask them to give you Shakespeare 99% of them will fling their shit at you while the other 1% will masturbate in the corner.

TomAz?
    Its like the Infinite Monkey Theorem, if you put X amount of monkeys in a room with a typewriter and ask them to give you Shakespeare 99% of them will fling their shit at you while the other 1% will masturbate in the corner.

her lawyer is the one that was the lawyer for the hooters ? girl that was told she couldnt get on a plane because of her skimpy outfit ... figures ...x****
    Have Another Hit Of Colorado Sunshine

What a retard. When you go through security, you have to take off your belt, necklaces, earrings, etc. Why did she think she would be able to cruise through security with jewlery on just because the jewelery was on her nips? She should have taken them off at home. If she wants to sue someone, she can sue the terrorists for making security such a hassle in the first place.
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Arcade FIre are a bunch of dicks, Deadmau5 is a dick, bands are dicks, David Bowie sucks dicks, Daft Punk is two human buttholes with semen for brains (that was loaded into a butthole from a dick that grew out of their moms), we're all dicks that fucked our moms assholes, God is going to put a giant dick down and fuck our mouths

That's ridiculous. Those things can't always be taken out. They should have let her show them in private. I'd be pissed, too.

What a retard. When you go through security, you have to take off your belt, necklaces, earrings, etc.
    Precious metals don't set off the checkpoints, last I checked. You only have to take off the fake stuff.

If she wants to sue someone, she can sue the terrorists for making security such a hassle in the first place.
    Also, this is stupider than I thought you were.
    Last edited by Hannahrain; 03-28-2008 at 09:55 PM.

YEAH! Sue the fucking terrorists already! Why are they getting off light? THIS IS BULLSHIT!
    Quote Originally Posted by schoolofruckus View Post
    Look, your parenting is yours and Randy's business alone.
    Fans of TheLastGreatMan Accessory Shop

I'm going to sue the weather channel. It rained the other day when they said it would be sunny. My picnic was RUINED.

Also I'm going to sue my mom. I would have liked to have had freckles.

I bet with a ring in one nipple, a bar in the other, and a ring of some kind on her navel, she looks a bit like a winking emoticon when she's topless.

It kinda looks like he's sitting on the Wicked Witch of the West on a casual Friday. I'm going to bed now.

Coachella Junkie

well, that does indeed suck for her. but, if she does try to sue TSA...

Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    On its Web site, the TSA warns that passengers "may be additionally screened because of hidden items such as body piercings, which alarmed the metal detector."

"If you are selected for additional screening, you may ask to remove your body piercing in private as an alternative to a pat-down search," the site says.
    ...then this will stand in her way.

She can't sue shit.

TSA agents never detect my Prince Albert because of my big stomach.
    Whiskey Sour

2 oz blended whiskey
    Juice of 1/2 lemon
    1/2 tsp powdered sugar
    1 cherry
    1/2 slice lemon

Shake blended whiskey, juice of lemon, and powdered sugar with ice and strain into a whiskey sour glass. Decorate with the half-slice of lemon, top with the cherry, and serve.

Quote Originally Posted by SepaGroove View Post
    You shouldn't feel uncool for not going to EDC, you should feel uncool because you are uncool.

She can't sue the TSA. For what, violating her civil right to wear a nipple ring? Unless there's some religion that requires nipple rings, she's SOL. And sorry, but if it's too hard to take out, maybe she shouldn't have it in in the first place. She doesn't get to be treated any different just because she decided to get her nipples pierced. Unless it's a medical necessity to have metal in your body (like a pacemaker) and you have the documents proving you have metal in your body, it's coming off.

Also, I don't know about the precious metal thing-I went through the metal detector in DCA yesterday with sterling silver on-it went off. Some detectors seem to be more sensitive than others.
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Arcade FIre are a bunch of dicks, Deadmau5 is a dick, bands are dicks, David Bowie sucks dicks, Daft Punk is two human buttholes with semen for brains (that was loaded into a butthole from a dick that grew out of their moms), we're all dicks that fucked our moms assholes, God is going to put a giant dick down and fuck our mouths

Coachella Junkie

Quote Originally Posted by captncrzy View Post
    She can't sue the TSA. For what, violating her civil right to wear a nipple ring? Unless there's some religion that requires nipple rings, she's SOL. And sorry, but if it's too hard to take out, maybe she shouldn't have it in in the first place. She doesn't get to be treated any different just because she decided to get her nipples pierced. Unless it's a medical necessity to have metal in your body (like a pacemaker) and you have the documents proving you have metal in your body, it's coming off.

Also, I don't know about the precious metal thing-I went through the metal detector in DCA yesterday with sterling silver on-it went off. Some detectors seem to be more sensitive than others.
    haha, sometimes it depends on the security guard working, and what their "standards of security" are. About a year and a half ago, I flew from Richmond, VA, to Iowa, and in Richmond, they let me pass through security with a normal sized packet of toothpaste (I dont remember if I had to put it in a bag or not). But coming back, when I went through security in Iowa, they confiscated it. So I guess it all depends on who is working sometimes.

There's no telling. At work we sell TSA approved tools (less than three inches long) specifically for travel, but they often get confiscated anyway, despite conforming to the guidelines.

Burbank is the best airport ever. You can somehow easily get a bottle of liquid GHB in a suspicious looking bottle not sealed in a plastic bag AND is 4 fl. oz. which you thought was the limit only to find out via a sign right on the X-ray machine that it's now 3 fl. oz.

And yet they still don't even bother you. You can ever go into the coffee shop right afterwards, feeling so triumphant from your perfect smuggling record that after standing in the eight-person line at the coffee shop just to buy a juice (to chase the G with) for less than a minute, you decide the fat girl behind the counter is clearly retarded, never looks up at all, and more importantly you are a supraman--so you steal the juice, and grab a seat at your gate to wait for our flight.

Then everything starts going wrong. The juice won't open right--the plastic teeth part wouldn't break, so the bottle just fucking leaks onto our hand somehow with every drink. And when you fish the G out of your suitcase to discreetly take a little sip, figuring if your lips are pursed pretty tight there shouldn't be any worry about doing it without a measuring dropper this one.

When the much larger than expected amount of foul-tasting G goes RIGHT down your throat with no chance to catch it and spit some of it back, you don't even want to look at the bottle to see how much you must have just consumed.

The exact amount is moot--that was a sleep dose, no doubt in your mind. Like sleep within a half hour, against your will, and you'll be unrousable although perfectly safe for at least three hours.

Sadly, the plane boards in 10 minutes and it's only an hour flight. As the lights of LA's sprawl blur in the narrow slit of vision, no matter how hard you try to open them wide, wide awake, awake and safe... no matter how hard you try those lights will not twinkle. They just fade.

You join them.

Quote Originally Posted by thelastgreatman View Post
    Burbank is the best airport ever. You can somehow easily get a bottle of liquid GHB in a suspicious looking bottle not sealed in a plastic bag AND is 4 fl. oz. which you thought was the limit only to find out via a sign right on the X-ray machine that it's now 3 fl. oz.

And yet they still don't even bother you. You can ever go into the coffee shop right afterwards, feeling so triumphant from your perfect smuggling record that after standing in the eight-person line at the coffee shop just to buy a juice (to chase the G with) for less than a minute, you decide the fat girl behind the counter is clearly retarded, never looks up at all, and more importantly you are a supraman--so you steal the juice, and grab a seat at your gate to wait for our flight.

Then everything starts going wrong. The juice won't open right--the plastic teeth part wouldn't break, so the bottle just fucking leaks onto our hand somehow with every drink. And when you fish the G out of your suitcase to discreetly take a little sip, figuring if your lips are pursed pretty tight there shouldn't be any worry about doing it without a measuring dropper this one.

When the much larger than expected amount of foul-tasting G goes RIGHT down your throat with no chance to catch it and spit some of it back, you don't even want to look at the bottle to see how much you must have just consumed.

The exact amount is moot--that was a sleep dose, no doubt in your mind. Like sleep within a half hour, against your will, and you'll be unrousable although perfectly safe for at least three hours.

Sadly, the plane boards in 10 minutes and it's only an hour flight. As the lights of LA's sprawl blur in the narrow slit of vision, no matter how hard you try to open them wide, wide awake, awake and safe... no matter how hard you try those lights will not twinkle. They just fade.

You join them.
    Is this the widely awaited story you mentioned in a thread months ago?

before 911, i was going from sfo to den and i hid a pound of pot like where my belt is ... now that was just plain stupid, but i didnt get caught .. boy try that now .... x****

Member John Peel is My Co-pilot's Avatar

[YT]<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/T27oOfoZPg0&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/T27oOfoZPg0&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>[YT]
    A teenage dream, so hard to beat...

Quote Originally Posted by John Peel is My Co-pilot View Post
    [YT]<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/T27oOfoZPg0&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/T27oOfoZPg0&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>[YT]
    dah makes me look so stupid lol .... i find when i go to fests, what i do is put my backpack directly in front of me, open it up and have some fruit or whatever that you cant bring in, its the sacrifice as it were, and they take that, and ignore the usual checking stuff ... doesnt work at airports but at shows ... yep .... x****

Quote Originally Posted by betao View Post
    haha, sometimes it depends on the security guard working, and what their "standards of security" are. About a year and a half ago, I flew from Richmond, VA, to Iowa, and in Richmond, they let me pass through security with a normal sized packet of toothpaste (I dont remember if I had to put it in a bag or not). But coming back, when I went through security in Iowa, they confiscated it. So I guess it all depends on who is working sometimes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hannahrain View Post
    There's no telling. At work we sell TSA approved tools (less than three inches long) specifically for travel, but they often get confiscated anyway, despite conforming to the guidelines.
    This thread is sounding a lot like the "Can we bring water into Coachella" threads.
    Quote Originally Posted by SoulDischarge View Post
    See how wrong you are, Tommy? Randy is agreeing with you.

Quote Originally Posted by mountmccabe View Post
    This thread is sounding a lot like the "Can we bring water into Coachella" threads.
    now there is someone who knows what is going on i told my water story last year here and got a bit of flack so i wont go there .. x****