Results 15,811 to 15,840 of 16116

Thread: NIN tour dates

old school

Default Re: NIN tour dates

March 6-22 is Australian arenas
    March 29-April 6th is South American festivals
    April is Coachella sized hole.
    May 6 - June 20 is Europe arenas

Has to be the same production. Interviews several months ago with Rob/Trent they said that the current arena show had production/set list designed specifically for indoor shows.

Nothing too wrong there, though I imagine the festival camera crews will want to pull their hair out trying to shoot around the drop down video walls.

Man, WTF? Great show last night, but we got a stripped down version! Cool lights, but no screens or nuthin'.

Grrrr
    Quote Originally Posted by juloxx View Post
    Your stupid

old school

Quote Originally Posted by JebusLives View Post
    Man, WTF? Great show last night, but we got a stripped down version! Cool lights, but no screens or nuthin'.

Grrrr
    Trent Reznor and Rob Sheridan will have to think very hard about how to present the show at Festivals compared to the indoor arena shows.

A good 40% of the recent arena tour show wouldn't work too well in the polo fields. The stage production travelling to 3 continents in such a short time doesn't leave much room for rehearsals.

Coachella Junkie chairmenmeow47's Avatar

maybe i missed it, but any good pics from vegas?
    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    It's when we discuss Coachella that we are at our collective dipshittiest.

Check out Sleeping In Is Giving In for great mixes and other cool stuff

Nice. Looks like they are giving away the LA show video tomorrow.

NIN twitter:

It's here: Watch a full 90 minute HD concert film from our LA show last month: nin.com/tension - Expanded Blu-ray/DVD coming in 2014.
    Upcoming Shows:

^ Did they use technological advances to make it seem like they didn't play the same old stale setlist that they played a million times in 2009?
    4/27 - Ghost BC - Fonda (?)
    4/29 - Franz Ferdinand - Wiltern (?)
    4/30 - Mono - Troubadour (?)
    5/03 - Philip Glass - Royce Hall
    5/06 - Rodrigo y Gabriela - Orpheum (?)

Quote Originally Posted by ThomThom View Post
    I want to get the members of Brand New and Chvrches in a line and have all of them executed in front of their fans.
    last.fm, if you care

Twitter, if you dare

Quote Originally Posted by TallGuyCM View Post
    ^ Did they use technological advances to make it seem like they didn't play the same old stale setlist that they played a million times in 2009?

Not sure which show you saw recently but there are 11 new songs in their current setlist so

edit - although it looks like this video is a shorted set than actually played.
    Setlist:
    copy of a
    march of the pigs
    piggy
    all time low
    disappointed
    came back haunted
    sanctified
    in two
    the big come down
    the hand that feeds
    head like a hole
    even deeper
    while i'm still here
    hurt

Coachella Junkie Drinkey McDrinkerstein's Avatar

I think that Staples Center setlist is great. Can't wait to watch this footage and finally get to see that stage set up in action!
    last.fm
    4/5/14 - Trentemoller - Fonda // 4/9/14 - The Knife - Fox Theater Pomona // 4/22/14 - Dillinger Escape Plane - Glasshouse// 5/23/14 - 5/26/14 Punk Rock Bowling - Las Vegas
    5/28/14 - Elbow - Wiltern // 7/9/14 - Cloud Nothings - Roxy // 8/25/14 - Nine Inch Nails - Hollywood Bowl

Quote Originally Posted by getbetter View Post
    Comments about she left the movie feeling bad and she one of those girls that fuck in the ass to saving her Vagina intercourse for marriage.

The murder capital where we murder for capital

Quote Originally Posted by TallGuyCM View Post
    You have terrible information. These shows were heavy on Hesistation Marks tracks so those were new. They played All the Love in the World on this tour for the first time ever and then a random selection of songs from throughout the years. They also switched up the setlists and productions. This was far from a rehash of 2009's tours which by the way were opening sets for Janes Addiction. Unless you're comparing this to the the setlists from the Wave Goodbye club tour but that would be silly because dude closed that out with a 37 song setlists so it would be impossible to not have some repeats.

That video is outstanding!! So happy they are releasing this on blu ray. I took my 9 year old son, now he'll be able to relive one of his first ever concerts forever. Such an amazing visual setup. As good as it gets.
    COACHELLA- 99, 01, 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12 (wk 1 & 2), 13 (wk 1 &2)

Trent Reznor did a reddit AMA and said that he will be returning to North America in 2014.
    Quote Originally Posted by travelfan View Post
    It's a bit unfair though, when I change an MP3 halfway through a song at a party I get yelled at, whereas Skrillex probably got a blow job.

well shit.

http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comment...k_me_anything/

"Here are some thoughts on touring: When we commit to a touring cycle, it usually is at least a year long, and can start to feel stale after X amount of time. What I'm doing this cycle is making each leg of the tour have its own identity. The festival run we did over the summer was very different from the Tension tour we just finished. We're currently rehearsing with a new incarnation of the band for what's ahead. This keeps things fresh from a musician's perspective, but also keeps things interesting for fans in an era where every show ends up on YouTube. The setlist and presentation moving forward will be very different from what we just did. That's part of the incentive behind releasing the Tension footage now. That was one very specific look at Nine Inch Nails in the Fall of 2013, that I wanted the whole world to be able to see (just like you can see the festival footage on YouTube, which was its own thing). Yes, we are planning to return to North America in 2014..."
    Last edited by shotglass75; 12-05-2013 at 01:35 PM.

The murder capital where we murder for capital

Cool, i'll start assuming they will be the third headliner at Coachella again this year. NIN, Arcade Fire and Outkast is going to be a whole lot of fun.

This made me ball my eyes out. Maybe I'm just hormonal but, fuck! Every time I hear Hurt, no matter how many times from either Johnny or Trent, it will always hold this bone chilling tone with me. KAREN, you heartless Jersey Bitch, this is why he plays it every show.

Weedeater/Black Cobra 1/17 @ Thee Parkside | Justin Timberlake @ SAP Center 1/19 | Scott H. Biram @ Rickshaw Stop 3/11 (?) |DEATH @ The Chapel 3/23 | Gary Numan @ the Fillmore 4/6 | Coachella Weekend 1 | Franz Ferdinand 4/28

Quote Originally Posted by Bumblebee View Post
    Which production would be seen at Coachella 2014?

-Same as the 2013 festival shows
    -Expanded version of 2013/2014 arena shows
    -Something completely new(Coachella only known 2014 festival?)
    SO, I was reading the Reddit Q&A for at least the past hour and I think the answer to your question via Trent's words is: It'll be a whole new show since it is a different leg of the tour. He played his Summer '13 festival tour, he played his Fall '13 Tension tour... '14 is a whole new ball game.

I'm sure he will do some miner modifications based on what he's seen works and doesn't but we also have to consider its SoCal, the man's battleground.

IF... IFFFFF he plays Coachella it will be something special, I guarantee it.
    Weedeater/Black Cobra 1/17 @ Thee Parkside | Justin Timberlake @ SAP Center 1/19 | Scott H. Biram @ Rickshaw Stop 3/11 (?) |DEATH @ The Chapel 3/23 | Gary Numan @ the Fillmore 4/6 | Coachella Weekend 1 | Franz Ferdinand 4/28

Did anyone in the reddit thread have the good sense to ask/demand he bare his arms a bit more for his adoring fans?

4/20: Godflesh, Cut Hands @ DNA Lounge
    4/21: The Men @ Rickshaw Stop
    4/26: Simian Mobile Disco, Earth @ Pappy and Harriet's
    5/2-5/4: Austin Psych Fest @ Carson Creek Ranch
    5/10: Joey Anderson @ TBA
    5/17: Kishi Bashi @ GAMH
    5/17: Move D b2b Optimo, Jackmaster, J.Phlip @ PW
    5/21: Baths @ The Independent
    5/30: The Decemberists @ The Crystal Ballroom
    6/27: Fuck Buttons @ The Independent
    6/28: Robyn & Royksopp @ Bill Graham

No Its too late now, he had only a 2 hr window that he was answering questions/pleas

Quote Originally Posted by Aphxtwinin View Post
    NIN twitter:

It's here: Watch a full 90 minute HD concert film from our LA show last month: nin.com/tension - Expanded Blu-ray/DVD coming in 2014.
    At least I can say, "I (sorta) saw this live." What a let down Vegas was - $100 for a scaled down performance.
    Idol snake, get out of that skin.

Fuck
    Whiskey Sour

2 oz blended whiskey
    Juice of 1/2 lemon
    1/2 tsp powdered sugar
    1 cherry
    1/2 slice lemon

Shake blended whiskey, juice of lemon, and powdered sugar with ice and strain into a whiskey sour glass. Decorate with the half-slice of lemon, top with the cherry, and serve.

Coachella Junkie nathanfairchild's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Fuzz View Post
    At least I can say, "I (sorta) saw this live." What a let down Vegas was - $100 for a scaled down performance.
    That's your own fault then. And those Vegas shows were the furthest thing from a let down.
    April 22 - Thee Silver Mt. Zion Memorial
    April 24 - Godflesh / Mogwai
    April 26 - Cloud Nothings
    May 1 - Ghost
    May 2-4 - Austin Psych Fest
    May 23 - Saint Vitus
    May 27 - Fu Manchu
    June 6-8 - X Games Concerts
    June 12-14 - Sónar Barcelona
    June 27 - Deafheaven / Swans

Quote Originally Posted by SoulDischarge View Post
    Muse might as well named themselves the Pablo Honeys.

That video almost seems better than being there.
    Whiskey Sour

2 oz blended whiskey
    Juice of 1/2 lemon
    1/2 tsp powdered sugar
    1 cherry
    1/2 slice lemon

Shake blended whiskey, juice of lemon, and powdered sugar with ice and strain into a whiskey sour glass. Decorate with the half-slice of lemon, top with the cherry, and serve.

Quote Originally Posted by nathanfairchild View Post
    That's your own fault then. And those Vegas shows were the furthest thing from a let down.
    Ugh!

This video is so fucking good. I am very happy to be able to experience these visuals like this. There needs to be a good video release of the How to Destroy Angels live show too - that shit really needs good documentation

EDIT: This would make a good live album too. i would definitely listen to these versions of the songs.
    Last edited by Drinkey McDrinkerstein; 12-05-2013 at 04:11 PM.
    last.fm
    4/5/14 - Trentemoller - Fonda // 4/9/14 - The Knife - Fox Theater Pomona // 4/22/14 - Dillinger Escape Plane - Glasshouse// 5/23/14 - 5/26/14 Punk Rock Bowling - Las Vegas
    5/28/14 - Elbow - Wiltern // 7/9/14 - Cloud Nothings - Roxy // 8/25/14 - Nine Inch Nails - Hollywood Bowl

Comments about she left the movie feeling bad and she one of those girls that fuck in the ass to saving her Vagina intercourse for marriage.

Quote Originally Posted by fatbastard View Post
    That video almost seems better than being there.
    At least in one regard, I find this to be true. Being able to hear the female (and male, for that matter) backup singers fully mixed in this professional recording is out of this world. They add so much depth to tracks that haven't felt this new to me in years and years. If all we got was an audio release, this would still be a monumental day. Video? And an AMA? Day, Dayenu!

As for the Vegas shows, I saw both and I can admit to feeling a teeeeeny, tiiiiiiny bit left out and let down about not getting the full production, but I prepared for that by not watching any of the footage or looking at photos from previous shows leading up to those two. I didn't want to know what I was missing WHILE I was missing it. In fact, I haven't watched extensive video of the shows until today. With this release. I'm a bit jealous of everyone that got to see it, now knowing that it will be a seemingly retired production set-up.

But you know what? OH WELL. I got to see TWO, back-to-back shows by my favorite band of all time, in the smallest and most intimate venue they played on the whole tour. And I got to cheer on a dying man, a dying fan, to fight his illness and its inevitable end for just a few more weeks. It all still feels pretty special to me sitting here typing this.

Edit: Just finished it. I really like that Trent listed the band in alphabetical order at the end, placing him second from last. Just a part of an ensemble of musicians. Not a genius ringleader and composer held above his hired guns of the moment.
    Last edited by HerbalK; 12-05-2013 at 04:31 PM. Reason: Addendum

Quote Originally Posted by nathanfairchild View Post
    I just watched some of the video, Browski. And you're an asshole! Most specifically the 26 minute marker.

Coachella Junkie nathanfairchild's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Fuzz View Post
    I just watched some of the video, Browski. And you're an asshole! Most specifically the 26 minute marker.
    So you paid $100 for something that you knew would be scaled back, and now you're complaining about the production being scaled back? You're a special kind of stupid.
    April 22 - Thee Silver Mt. Zion Memorial
    April 24 - Godflesh / Mogwai
    April 26 - Cloud Nothings
    May 1 - Ghost
    May 2-4 - Austin Psych Fest
    May 23 - Saint Vitus
    May 27 - Fu Manchu
    June 6-8 - X Games Concerts
    June 12-14 - Sónar Barcelona
    June 27 - Deafheaven / Swans

Quote Originally Posted by SoulDischarge View Post
    Muse might as well named themselves the Pablo Honeys.

But don't forget that the Joint is HUGE
    last.fm

The Joint is in the Hard Rock too and it's the sickest place fucking ever gah so sick so fucking dope

4/20: Godflesh, Cut Hands @ DNA Lounge
    4/21: The Men @ Rickshaw Stop
    4/26: Simian Mobile Disco, Earth @ Pappy and Harriet's
    5/2-5/4: Austin Psych Fest @ Carson Creek Ranch
    5/10: Joey Anderson @ TBA
    5/17: Kishi Bashi @ GAMH
    5/17: Move D b2b Optimo, Jackmaster, J.Phlip @ PW
    5/21: Baths @ The Independent
    5/30: The Decemberists @ The Crystal Ballroom
    6/27: Fuck Buttons @ The Independent
    6/28: Robyn & Royksopp @ Bill Graham