Page 479 of 540 FirstFirst ... 474475476477478479480481482483484 ... LastLast
Results 14,341 to 14,370 of 16171

Thread: NIN tour dates

Default Re: NIN tour dates

Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Hey here's an idea. You know those people who are desperately poor, down on their luck, uneducated, abused, and generally ill-equipped for life? Let's make fun of them.

Endearingly Dislikable RotationSlimWang's Avatar

Why are you blotting out their names? They're not you.
    Quote Originally Posted by amyzzz View Post
    Hannah, I don't know that pigs have big weiners, and my early 20's facination with dogs because of weiner size, I think. If that helps.

Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    I definitely feel this way. The wait isn't even as long as it was between between his first 4 full length albums and he didn't even formerly announce an hiatus at those points. Then all the material started to feel pretty samey as Year Zero and The Slip were released so quickly after With Teeth (not to mention Ghosts). Plus, he's been so active with so many other released this time around since the hiatus, that a sudden return doesn't have much of an impact.

I mean, I am a huge fan and i am excited for new material and live shows, but it really wasn't so long of a break that i have been chomping at the bit for it. I hope the NIN record doesn't suffer for being written and recorded basically concurrently with the HTDA and the movie score stuff. i don't necessarily want it to sound like HTDA with Trent on vocals. I like NIN better when each album has a sound very distinct from the last one.
    Yeah, pretty much this. I figured he would reunite the band eventually, but in just under 4 years? It doesn't even feel like he ever went on hiatus. Towards the end of NIN's 08/ 09 tour the band was playing to half-empty arena's and then eventually was playing theatre and amphitheatres co-headlining with Jane's Addiction. I don't think this "reunion" is going to excite very many people outside of those who were already seeing the band in 08/09.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    And it's been long established that Chris hates fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatinisbad View Post
    I took my niece this year and it was her first Coachella. It was so fun to see it through her eyes. She thought it felt like a magical scene from Shreck. The one where all the fairy tale creatures meet for the first time in Shreck's swamp.

Coachella Junkie chairmenmeow47's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hawkingvsreeve View Post
    Am I the only person here who feels like he (Trent) didnt wait long enough?

Probably.
    Quote Originally Posted by Phantasma Del Mar View Post
    As much as I love NIN, it does feel too soon. To make as big a deal as he did about the band ending or going on hiatus or whatever, just to bring it back in four years is dumb. But, I mean, I'm stoked I can see them live now.
    agreed. i was at the "last" show though, so maybe i'm just bitter

still though, no new material doesn't really warrant a "reunion" show four years later. i'm not the type of person to learn band member names, are any of these names from the old band (besides the wave goodbye drummer, i have heard of him)? it just isn't the same without robyn.

also, i really enjoy his work with atticus ross. i hope this is in addition to and not in lieu of how to destroy angels. yes, his wife's signing is annoying, but come on, some of trent's shit is whiny too and would seem more whiny if the music were less awesome.

either way, of course i will try to make a show. i just don't understand what it would look like, but i'm sure trent knows what he's doing. if atticus ross isn't listed as a band member, does that mean they won't be playing any of the tracks he worked on?
    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    It's when we discuss Coachella that we are at our collective dipshittiest.

Quote Originally Posted by xuclarockerx View Post
    Omg, you are trying to be informative...

Coachella Junkie Drinkey McDrinkerstein's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by chairmenmeow47 View Post
    agreed. i was at the "last" show though, so maybe i'm just bitter

still though, no new material doesn't really warrant a "reunion" show four years later. i'm not the type of person to learn band member names, are any of these names from the old band (besides the wave goodbye drummer, i have heard of him)? it just isn't the same without robyn.

also, i really enjoy his work with atticus ross. i hope this is in addition to and not in lieu of how to destroy angels. yes, his wife's signing is annoying, but come on, some of trent's shit is whiny too and would seem more whiny if the music were less awesome.

either way, of course i will try to make a show. i just don't understand what it would look like, but i'm sure trent knows what he's doing. if atticus ross isn't listed as a band member, does that mean they won't be playing any of the tracks he worked on?
    The live line up for NIN has been different for pretty much every NIN tour. I wouldn't take the current live band members to mean anything other than that's who he wants to play with this time around and who is willing to do the tour. And whomever has contributed to recordings has never had anything to do with what material was performed live.
    last.fm
    6/15/14 Failure - Glasshouse // 7/9/14 Cloud Nothings/Metz - Roxy
    7/16/14 Planes Mistaken For Stars - Echo // 8/23-24/14 FYF Fest - Expo Park //8/25/14 Nine Inch Nails - Hollywood Bowl // 9/12-14/14 Riotfest - Humboldt Park, Chicago, IL
    9/18/14 Neutral Milk Hotel - Hollywood Bowl

Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    The live line up for NIN has been different for pretty much every NIN tour. I wouldn't take the current live band members to mean anything other than that's who he wants to play with this time around and who is willing to do the tour. And whomever has contributed to recordings has never had anything to do with what material was performed live.
    i understand that, but the electronic tracks with atticus sounded a lot better with him there. also i still miss the drummer from coachella 2005. he was my favourite.

Quote Originally Posted by xuclarockerx View Post
    Because HTDA tour dates really leave room for a NIN show

TOUR
    DATE CITY VENUE
    04.10.2013 Pomona, CA Fox Theater
    04.12.2013 Indio, CA Coachella
    04.13.2013 Las Vegas, NV Pearl Theatre
    04.17.2013 Monterey, CA The Golden State Theatre
    04.18.2013 San Francisco, CA The Regency Ballroom
    04.19.2013 Indio, CA Coachella
    04.21.2013 Denver, CO Paramount Theater
    Check out Sleeping is Giving in for great mixes and other cool stuff

i understand that, but the electronic tracks with atticus sounded a lot better with him there. also i still miss the drummer from coachella 2005. he was my favourite.
    That was a great show. I left my back pack by the soundboard and had to hit the back of the crowd to get someone I left. After the show was over, I went back to where my pack was, and guess what, it was there.... cr****
    Have Another Hit Of Colorado Sunshine

Quote Originally Posted by shotglass75 View Post
    Because HTDA tour dates really leave room for a NIN show

TOUR
    DATE CITY VENUE
    04.10.2013 Pomona, CA Fox Theater
    04.12.2013 Indio, CA Coachella
    04.13.2013 Las Vegas, NV Pearl Theatre
    04.17.2013 Monterey, CA The Golden State Theatre
    04.18.2013 San Francisco, CA The Regency Ballroom
    04.19.2013 Indio, CA Coachella
    04.21.2013 Denver, CO Paramount Theater
    Im pretty sure the post was a stab at the fact NIN could still be added to the fest this year..... when in all actuality, its prob a misinterpreted rumor, and they'll be on the poster next year.
    Coachella 07 (the introduction), 08 (the bands), 09 (the documentary), 10 (the people i came with), 11 (the relationship test... we passed), 12 (whatever the weather, Dirty Epic forever), 13 (the year of the troll)

- PEARL JAM WHY YOU HATE COACHELLA? -

Coachella Junkie heart cooks brain's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    That was a great show. I left my back pack by the soundboard and had to hit the back of the crowd to get someone I left. After the show was over, I went back to where my pack was, and guess what, it was there.... cr****
    cr***** magic.
    If moles had subways, molestation wouldn't be one of the creepiest words there is ....
    Eat don't chat ...When I figure out what windlowless is, I'll respond .
    i hear voices in my head and they keep caaaaallin' me

Coachella Junkie Drinkey McDrinkerstein's Avatar

Jerome Dillon is amazing. He also played on the Fragility tour. i still miss Chris Vrenna though.
    last.fm
    6/15/14 Failure - Glasshouse // 7/9/14 Cloud Nothings/Metz - Roxy
    7/16/14 Planes Mistaken For Stars - Echo // 8/23-24/14 FYF Fest - Expo Park //8/25/14 Nine Inch Nails - Hollywood Bowl // 9/12-14/14 Riotfest - Humboldt Park, Chicago, IL
    9/18/14 Neutral Milk Hotel - Hollywood Bowl

Quote Originally Posted by heart cooks brain View Post
    cr***** magic.
    Yea I had my camera and wallet but I drape (sometimes) my holey WoodStock t over my backpack (my flag) so I was sure it was gone. Maybe no one knew what it was, maybe from a homeless person haha. Naw, just goes to show the crowd overall.... cr****

I still think the only real reason he did the Wave Goodbye Tour was to justify pushing the limits of his live show. He pushed the visual limits as far as he could go with LiTS, and he wanted to push the musical limits as much as he could with Wave Goodbye. You really can't invite a bunch of special guests to perform at an ordinary show. I mean, you can, but bands don't. By dubbing it the Wave Goodbye tour it justified him going above and beyond the standard setlist MO. That's just my opinion.

The murder capital where we murder for capital

In a period of three years between 2005-2008 Nine Inch Nails released 4 albums and did extensive touring. It's now been 4 years since they have released a new album. In that time away he did exactly what he stated he would do. He got married, worked on How to Destroy Angels and a couple of soundtracks and a grammy award. A new album and a full blown tour with a brand new lineup isn't going to be some tired or recycled greatest hits. We'll leave that type of touring to Rage Against the Machine and Tool who both do shows every now and again without any material in many years. Trent's popularity has only increased during this hiatus, he became more respected and the audience will certainly be hungry for more. I would bet a lot of the main stream attention from the last few years will even bring back the people who gave up after The Fragile. I expect a strong support act and a fresh stage show like we have never seen before.

NIN/JA and Wave Goodbye had their purpose. NIN/JA was about being more minimal after the giant Lights in the Sky production and promoting the return of Jane's Addiction. Wave Goodbye was simply a final few special engagement shows. I think the wait was plenty and it will be well worth it with this exciting new lineup and Trents comment about reinventing the band from scratch.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Dylanja View Post
    I still think the only real reason he did the Wave Goodbye Tour was to justify pushing the limits of his live show. He pushed the visual limits as far as he could go with LiTS, and he wanted to push the musical limits as much as he could with Wave Goodbye. You really can't invite a bunch of special guests to perform at an ordinary show. I mean, you can, but bands don't. By dubbing it the Wave Goodbye tour it justified him going above and beyond the standard setlist MO. That's just my opinion.
    i also think he was caught up in the whole year zero HBO thing (which we now know is a bit of a bust) and being a soundtrack guy. also, he had just married and probably felt a little weird singing all these "teenage angst" type songs (as amyzzz put it ) when that's not really who he is anymore. i really just think he wanted a change. you're right though that those last few shows allowed him to bring in all the special guests he wanted which was awesome, but what was NIN/JA then? an excuse for jane's addiction to tour?

also, i guess i don't understand how you can re-invent a band that will be playing an old catalog of music. will we now hear the vuvuzela play la mer? only time will tell.

Atticus Ross has been a part of Nine Inch Nails since With Teeth as a producer/programmer and still is, I think he simply chooses not to be a part of the live incarnation of NIN. That's the way I see it at least.

also, i guess i don't understand how you can re-invent a band that will be playing an old catalog of music. will we now hear the vuvuzela play la mer? only time will tell.
    He said similar things about reinvention before With Teeth. For that album he went into detail about sound and finding it in a more organic place than just with electronics. I remember him saying he would set up different things around the house and see what it would sound like to hit something metal or glass and try different tools.

I have no idea how that reinvention process this time around but I have no reason to distrust his creativity at this point. I'm obviously a big fan though and would still love to see a mini ghosts tour and realize that most fans would be bored with that sort of thing.

I guess this was only on the vinyl and never live so just the audio .... cr****

Coachella Junkie nathanfairchild's Avatar

i wonder if he's going to finally rerelease the fragile this year too.
    July 29 - Boris
    August 1 - Black Label Society
    August 14 - Nine Inch Nails/Soundgarden/DEP
    August 27 - Röyksopp & Robyn
    August 30 - Sleep
    August 31 - Sleep
    September 5 - Seth Troxler
    September 14 - Lily Allen
    September 16 - Earth
    September 20 - Skeletonwitch
    September 21 - Nails
    October 3-5 - Austin City Limits
    October 10 - Bonobo
    October 12 - Austin City Limits: Day 3
    October 23 - 26 - Housecore Horror Metal Festival
    November 7-9 - Fun Fun Fun Fest
    November 23 - Caribou

Quote Originally Posted by nathanfairchild View Post
    i wonder if he's going to finally rerelease the fragile this year too.
    I've been hearing about a vinyl reissue for years, but it hasn't resurfaced. I think sonically it's everything he wanted it to be, so it would be just that, a reissue. Until then I'll be waiting to sell my unopened original Fragile vinyl on ebay once full tour hype hits the max.

-----------------------------------------

He's said many times how he no longer identifies with a great deal of his older material. NIN has always been about raging about something; Pretty Hate Machine = woman for instance, or Year Zero with record labels, governments, etc. I think 4 years was plenty. I'd hate to see a 60 year old Trent trying to sing songs of angst and hatred.

Trent has grown up and can't do it forever. He's 47, has a son and another kid on the way, and he's apparently pretty happy where he's at now.

If anyone paid attention to his announcements, he said it wasn't the end, that it was just a break. During his second Chicago show for Wave Goodbye he even joked, "Nine Inch Nails isn't going away, so don't kill yourself yet."
    Last edited by orangejulius; 02-25-2013 at 02:15 PM.
    2/21 - Skinny Puppy
    5/23-25 - Summer Camp
    7/18-20 - Pitchfork Music Festival
    8/1-3 - Lollapalooza

Quote Originally Posted by orangejulius View Post
    He's said many times how he no longer identifies with a great deal of his older material. NIN has always been about raging about something; Pretty Hate Machine = woman for instance, or Year Zero with record labels, governments, etc. I think 4 years was plenty.
    The EP Broken was about struggling with contentness in the corporate structure of a major label, being asked to sacrafice creativity etc. Year Zero was less personal and more of an all around concept and fictional.

If moles had subways, molestation wouldn't be one of the creepiest words there is ....

omg i'd actually love to see SOAD again, they put on a fantastic show.

i saw them last summer, the sound was fucked up on the guitar for the first two or three songs.

it was a good show, but too many songs from the newer albums.

and the crowd was pretty still throughout the show. it was at a shed, and there was not one mosh on the lawn the whole time. when i saw them at the same venue in ~2006 the place was a wreck afterward. very subdued this time around.

Guess theyll play Reading/Leeds

That was fast.
    Upcoming Shows:
    Kasabian/Bo Ningen: 10/1 @ Metro
    Coachella: 4/10-12 @ Empire Polo Fields

Coachella Junkie nathanfairchild's Avatar

probably playing bestival.
    July 29 - Boris
    August 1 - Black Label Society
    August 14 - Nine Inch Nails/Soundgarden/DEP
    August 27 - Röyksopp & Robyn
    August 30 - Sleep
    August 31 - Sleep
    September 5 - Seth Troxler
    September 14 - Lily Allen
    September 16 - Earth
    September 20 - Skeletonwitch
    September 21 - Nails
    October 3-5 - Austin City Limits
    October 10 - Bonobo
    October 12 - Austin City Limits: Day 3
    October 23 - 26 - Housecore Horror Metal Festival
    November 7-9 - Fun Fun Fun Fest
    November 23 - Caribou

old school

Quote Originally Posted by heart cooks brain View Post
    Low billing for an act playing their first Euro show in 5 years?