Page 478 of 540 FirstFirst ... 473474475476477478479480481482483 ... LastLast
Results 14,311 to 14,340 of 16171

Thread: NIN tour dates

Default Re: NIN tour dates

Quote Originally Posted by Miroir Noir View Post
    So Mumford and Yawns, NIN, and Daft Punk.
    you can throw Depeche Mode in there as well

Endearingly Dislikable RotationSlimWang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by StarsAreBurning View Post
    fucking sad... really.
    No, it's not. What's sad is knowing the names of the guys in King Crimson.
    Quote Originally Posted by amyzzz View Post
    Hannah, I don't know that pigs have big weiners, and my early 20's facination with dogs because of weiner size, I think. If that helps.

Quote Originally Posted by RotationSlimWang View Post
    No, it's not. What's sad is knowing the names of the guys in King Crimson.
    how cute, wikipedia is fun isnt it?
    Friday - OutKast / The Replacements / The Afghan Whigs / Shlohmo / GOAT / Flatbush Zombies / Glitch Mob / John Spencer / DJ Falcon / The Bots
    Saturday - QOTSA / NAS / CHVRCHES / Temples / Mogwai / Warpaint / DARKSIDE / Ty Segall / Graveyard / Carbon Airways
    Sunday - Beck / Disclosure / Motorhead / Little Dragon / Trombone Shorty / Frank Turner / Bombino / Bad Manners / J. Roddy / Scuba

Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience ― Mark Twain

It's certainly useful for looking up the names of people you don't know and don't care to, yes.
    Hannah, I don't know that pigs have big weiners, and my early 20's facination with dogs because of weiner size, I think. If that helps.

Quote Originally Posted by tmac View Post
    coachella next year. you can quote me
    Excellent!

We can add that guy to the list of NIN Touring Guitarists Whose Names I Will Never Give A Shit About Learning. Go ahead and make a fucking wiki, dicknose.

Wheelchair Epidemic hawkingvsreeve's Avatar

Am I the only person here who feels like he (Trent) didnt wait long enough?

Probably.
    Quote Originally Posted by obzen View Post
    Giant. Fucking. Bjork. Buttons.
    last.fm

As much as I love NIN, it does feel too soon. To make as big a deal as he did about the band ending or going on hiatus or whatever, just to bring it back in four years is dumb. But, I mean, I'm stoked I can see them live now.

go watch Baby Snakes & see what Adrian did before King Crimson, before Bowie, before Talking Heads, before Porcupine Tree, before NIN. Maybe you'll see why Zappa hired this guy on a handshake. Educate yourself, you pompous clown.
    Friday - OutKast / The Replacements / The Afghan Whigs / Shlohmo / GOAT / Flatbush Zombies / Glitch Mob / John Spencer / DJ Falcon / The Bots
    Saturday - QOTSA / NAS / CHVRCHES / Temples / Mogwai / Warpaint / DARKSIDE / Ty Segall / Graveyard / Carbon Airways
    Sunday - Beck / Disclosure / Motorhead / Little Dragon / Trombone Shorty / Frank Turner / Bombino / Bad Manners / J. Roddy / Scuba

Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience ― Mark Twain

I'm gonna do that really soon, right after I get done not giving a fuck about Zappa.

Could you make a list of other musicians I don't give a fuck about? Perhaps you could record a long ramble of you being super old and pretentious about music to accompany it? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by hawkingvsreeve View Post
    Nope.
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Arcade FIre are a bunch of dicks, Deadmau5 is a dick, bands are dicks, David Bowie sucks dicks, Daft Punk is two human buttholes with semen for brains (that was loaded into a butthole from a dick that grew out of their moms), we're all dicks that fucked our moms assholes, God is going to put a giant dick down and fuck our mouths

Coachella Junkie Drinkey McDrinkerstein's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hawkingvsreeve View Post

Probably.
    I definitely feel this way. The wait isn't even as long as it was between between his first 4 full length albums and he didn't even formerly announce an hiatus at those points. Then all the material started to feel pretty samey as Year Zero and The Slip were released so quickly after With Teeth (not to mention Ghosts). Plus, he's been so active with so many other released this time around since the hiatus, that a sudden return doesn't have much of an impact.

I mean, I am a huge fan and i am excited for new material and live shows, but it really wasn't so long of a break that i have been chomping at the bit for it. I hope the NIN record doesn't suffer for being written and recorded basically concurrently with the HTDA and the movie score stuff. i don't necessarily want it to sound like HTDA with Trent on vocals. I like NIN better when each album has a sound very distinct from the last one.
    last.fm
    6/15/14 Failure - Glasshouse // 7/9/14 Cloud Nothings/Metz - Roxy
    7/16/14 Planes Mistaken For Stars - Echo // 8/23-24/14 FYF Fest - Expo Park //8/25/14 Nine Inch Nails - Hollywood Bowl // 9/12-14/14 Riotfest - Humboldt Park, Chicago, IL
    9/18/14 Neutral Milk Hotel - Hollywood Bowl

I'm gonna do that really soon, right after I get done not giving a fuck about Zappa.

Could you make a list of other musicians I don't give a fuck about? Perhaps you could record a long ramble of you being super old and pretentious about music to accompany it? Thanks.
    OK lolz.. Afternoon Randy.....cr****
    Have Another Hit Of Colorado Sunshine

lolz

i think you're the one being pretentious. Talkin all kinds of shit about a guitarist you NEVER even heard of. I just turned 30 this month. how old are you? like 22? I actually love/respect/enjoy a lot of music that was made before i was born. It's called knowing where your roots come from. I found out about king crimson through Primus, & how les was influenced by Tony Levin. Found out about zappa cause adiran played with him. found out about talking heads cause he played with them also. See how that works? Maybe its cause i play guitar too, i actually like listening to impressive guitar work.

Maybe it's cause you're a pretentious twat who likes listening to the kind of douchebags who think endless guitar wankery is something that belongs in music. Unfortunately, you're wrong. Some day soon you'll realize that whomever you're idolizing that causes you to believe these things is a huuuuuuuuuuuuuge dork.

Maybe it's cause you're a pretentious twat who likes listening to the kind of douchebags who think endless guitar wankery is something that belongs in music. Unfortunately, you're wrong. Some day soon you'll realize that whomever you're idolizing that causes you to believe these things is a huuuuuuuuuuuuuge dork.
    so what music are you into these days? and how old were you?

I'm into the kind of music that doesn't involve listening to a guitarist talk about their influences. And I'm your age.

what kind of music is that exactly?

Negro spirituals mostly. Movie soundtracks. Anything Microsoft puts in a commercial.

(you should totally keep trying to have a serious conversation about my musical tastes with me. it will go somewhere.)

yeah i get it. you can talk all this shit to everyone on this board about what bands they like, but you dont want to reveal anything truthful about your music tastes, cause your a jaded message board vet. keep up with the jokes, cutting people down & random insults man, you're a really a joy to converse with.

Wheelchair Epidemic hawkingvsreeve's Avatar

Clockwork.
    Quote Originally Posted by obzen View Post
    Giant. Fucking. Bjork. Buttons.
    last.fm

this is definitely the blueprint Swedish House Mafia is going to follow.

I only listen to bands who influenced Frank Zappa. WHAT NOW MOTHERFUCKER?

Last edited by shotglass75; 02-25-2013 at 11:16 AM.
    Check out Sleeping is Giving in for great mixes and other cool stuff

I only listen to bands who influenced Frank Zappa. WHAT NOW MOTHERFUCKER?
    ::golf clap::

Oh.... and please... continue, fellas.
    Check out Sleeping is Giving in for great mixes and other cool stuff

Seriously though, if you have any recommendations for albums I could use to get acquainted with that guy before the tour starts I'd love to hear them. Because I'm so going to be looking forward to hearing Trent play those Frank Zappa cuts live.

zing!