Page 517 of 540 FirstFirst ... 512513514515516517518519520521522 ... LastLast
Results 15,481 to 15,510 of 16171

Thread: NIN tour dates

Default Re: NIN tour dates

Quote Originally Posted by GeezrRckr

ps - Trent's voice seems to be a little tired. I'm not sure if it's him getting older or just a bit haggard from the tour. How was his voice at OSL and/or 'Roo?
    Yeah...his voice was even more tired last night. Not sure if the production was limited last night or if this is how it is for the Tension tour, but it's toned down from what they had in Paris. The new stuff still isn't working for me. All Time Low is all sorts of cheese.

Endearingly Dislikable RotationSlimWang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GeezrRckr View Post
    Yeah...his voice was even more tired last night. Not sure if the production was limited last night or if this is how it is for the Tension tour, but it's toned down from what they had in Paris. The new stuff still isn't working for me. All Time Low is all sorts of cheese.
    All Time Low is pure fuck music. You have no rhythm, soul, or genitals.

Not the way they're playing it live. Trent has taken a liking to the cheddar with that one and the Sanctified revamp. NIN with backup singers is for pussies.

Do any of you guys have tickets you would be down to sell for Staples? I am looking for two.. PM me please!

Quote Originally Posted by cutterbutter View Post
    I'm not reading this thread as i'm going in blind on the production and setlists, but could someone nice PM me pictures/info on merch? Mostly wondering if they are doing those special shirts and prints for each day of the tour. Thanks.
    This
    Translation

Quote Originally Posted by WhyTheLongFace View Post
    Still pretty serious about this.

Xiu Xiu @ BoTH 08/01/14
    FYF @ LA Sport Area 08/23 - 08/24/14
    Swans @ The Independent 08/08/14
    Decibel Festival @ Seattle 09/24 - 09/28/14
    War on Drugs @ Fillmore 10/05/14
    Death From Above 1979 @ The Independent 11/17/14

Last.fm

They're gonna be on Jimmy Kimmel Nov. 7th! Tickets still available at 1iota.com.
    Quote Originally Posted by shotglass75 View Post
    OK. I can understand the healthy debate idea. But you kinda come across as the guy standing on the street corner telling everyone that they are sinners and are going to hell. And nobody likes that guy, not even God.

You are fucking awesome sir. thank you. just grabbed 2 tickets for this.
    Superfan will be in front of the Fonda masturbating furiously to a photo of him taking a photo of a band. Set is from 8:05 to approximately 8:05:15. Guest list only.

Upcoming Shows: Marques Wyatt - UCLA, Paul Mccartney - Dodger Stadium, Yes - Greek Theater, Herbie Hancock - Hollywood Bowl, NIN/Soundgarden - Hollywood Bowl, Cut Chemist/Dj Shadow - Palladium, Massive Attack SB Bowl

Stoked, hope I get tix in the lottery. Would be great to see them play a little rather than not at all. At this point there is no hope for a Vegas show

old school

Quote Originally Posted by Bumblebee View Post
    4,315 paid in Uncasville Conneticut. Capacity over 7,000.
    Only 2 non-festival 2013 boxscores have been published so far.

Nine Inch Nails, Godspeed You! Black Emperor
    Mohegan Sun Arena Uncasville, Conn.
    Oct. 12, 2013
    $263,435
    4,315 / 7,414
    1 / 0
    $65, $45
    in-house

Nine Inch Nails, Godspeed You! Black Emperor
    Bridgestone Arena Nashville, Tenn.
    Oct. 22, 2013
    $348,634
    4,792 /15,328
    1 / 0
    $104, $39.65
    Live Nation

Can I get a source for these numbers
    Translation

Quote Originally Posted by WhyTheLongFace View Post
    Still pretty serious about this.

Xiu Xiu @ BoTH 08/01/14
    FYF @ LA Sport Area 08/23 - 08/24/14
    Swans @ The Independent 08/08/14
    Decibel Festival @ Seattle 09/24 - 09/28/14
    War on Drugs @ Fillmore 10/05/14
    Death From Above 1979 @ The Independent 11/17/14

Last.fm

not sure if this is old news or not

http://acltv.com/2013/10/29/new-taping-nine-inch-nails/

Austin City Limits is pleased to announce a new taping on November 4 with Nine Inch Nails.

Nine Inch Nails deliver one of the best live shows on the planet, are considered a pioneer in the industrial music movement and have been highly influential in the evolution of electronic music. The band just released their first album in five years, the critically-acclaimed Hesitation Marks, which Spin called “the most important artistic statement from Reznor since the late 90s” and Rolling Stone hailed “one of his best” in a four-star lead review. We’re thrilled to welcome Nine Inch Nails to the ACL stage.

The band debuted in 1989 with its first single “Down In It,” racking up an impressive series of hits over the course of 20 years, from “Head Like a Hole,” “Closer” and “Hurt” (later recorded to much acclaim by Johnny Cash) to “The Hand That Feeds,” “Only,” and “Survivalism.” Along the way the band were awarded Grammys for “Wish” and “Happiness in Slavery” and sold over 30 million albums worldwide. Building on their long history of soundtrack work, Nine Inch Nail’s Trent Reznor, with partner Atticus Ross, became an Oscar-winning composer, with credits including The Social Network and The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo.

Want to be part of the audience for this taping? You can enter here for a chance to win a pair of passes to attend the show. On 11/1 we will conduct a random drawing to determine the winners. You will be notified via email if you have won tickets; the email will contain further instructions. Each winner receives two passes per person. No need to enter multiple times – you may only win once. Tickets are non-transferable – meaning you cannot sell them or give them to a friend. For more information on attending tapings of Austin City Limits, click here.

And remember we only honor tickets that we distribute. If you purchase tickets on eBay, Craiglist etc. that claim to be for this or any other ACL taping they are counterfeit and will NOT be honored.
    Check out Sleeping is Giving in for great mixes and other cool stuff

I entered yesterday. It would be great to see them for the first time in such an intimate venue.

NIN/Soundgarden/ - 8/14 - Austin 360
    Woods - 8/20 - Holy Mountain
    Jamie xx - 8/27 - The Mohawk
    Little Dragon - 8/31 - Moody Theater
    Ty Segall - 9/5 - The Mohawk
    Seth Troxler - 9/5 - Vulcan Gas Company
    Black Lips/King Khan & BBQ Show - 9/12 - J. Lorraine Ghost Town

old school

Quote Originally Posted by getbetter View Post
    Can I get a source for these numbers
    http://www.billboard.com/biz/current-boxscore

#57 or so this week for Nashville. Mohegan was published 2 weeks ago.

old school

Both Vegas shows at the Joint appear sold out.

Seattle is listed as "not many tickets left"
    http://www.ticketmaster.ca/nine-inch...004AC43DAB7DDB

Edmonton, El Paso and Phoenix have the "interactive" seating charts you can gauge sales. You can still buy floor GA and only a tiny handful of sections have sold.
    http://www.ticketmaster.ca/nine-inch...004A85A866C1D0
    http://www.ticketmaster.ca/98kupd-pr...004AC5F2F86664
    http://www.ticketmaster.ca/nine-inch...004AC7D6A7F97D

He should have done a theater tour like he wanted to do for LITS.

I think the tickets were priced high, and it's killing a lot of the smaller market numbers. TN only 1/3 sold? fucking horrible!

just got back from the show in Sunrise, FL and I agree with what most have been saying, the setlist is great and has a great pace to it. The visuals were awesome as always but LITS was better. While I'm Still Here into Black Noise was fucking epic. Can't wait to see them again tomorrow night!
    Upcoming Shows:

The murder capital where we murder for capital

I think we may have had a scaled down version of this Fall tour in Asheville. I wonder if the Hard Rock shows and Asheville are slightly different than the bigger arenas. Or maybe there were some tech difficulties. I've seen a few images from this tour that I didn't see in Asheville which is why i'm speculating. One was the giant NIN logo that looked like it was on a screen in the background.

I hope they play Even Deeper at every show I see. It sounded perfect. I got the impression most of the crowd could give too shits or even recognize it though.

Quote Originally Posted by HunterGather View Post
    He should have done a theater tour like he wanted to do for LITS.
    Agree. I remember reading a great interview with Michael Stipe in the late 90's about why they made the decision to go back to theaters. He said it felt stupid playing in a giant half empty venue. The reviews would all mention it, it almost made their stock go down so they decided to play theaters to build buzz and create the idea of demand. Shows were sold out and people wanted to get in. Trent assumed 4 years away and mainstream popularity with movies and other projects would make it justifiable to fill an arena but when was the last time they sold out arenas all across the country?

Quote Originally Posted by faxman75 View Post
    I think we may have had a scaled down version of this Fall tour in Asheville. I wonder if the Hard Rock shows and Asheville are slightly different than the bigger arenas. Or maybe there were some tech difficulties. I've seen a few images from this tour that I didn't see in Asheville which is why i'm speculating. One was the giant NIN logo that looked like it was on a screen in the background.

I hope they play Even Deeper at every show I see. It sounded perfect. I got the impression most of the crowd could give too shits or even recognize it though.
    We did. A few of my friends saw their set at MOEMS and an actual tour show and that was not the full production. I am seeing them tonight so I am looking forward to getting the full show.

I dreamt about seeing NIN live in a small club. I hope that means I win ACL tickets!
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Because fucking millenials that's what

Quote Originally Posted by concertgoer View Post
    We did. A few of my friends saw their set at MOEMS and an actual tour show and that was not the full production. I am seeing them tonight so I am looking forward to getting the full show.
    Cool, i'm really looking forward to the Phoenix show more now.

old school

Agree. I remember reading a great interview with Michael Stipe in the late 90's about why they made the decision to go back to theaters. He said it felt stupid playing in a giant half empty venue. The reviews would all mention it, it almost made their stock go down so they decided to play theaters to build buzz and create the idea of demand. Shows were sold out and people wanted to get in. Trent assumed 4 years away and mainstream popularity with movies and other projects would make it justifiable to fill an arena but when was the last time they sold out arenas all across the country?
    Live Nation bought the tour upfront. If anything lost money it's their problem. Trent is being shrewd with arenas and sinking money into production. He can do a stripped down theater tour later.

REM signed that enormous record contract in 1995 that lasted until they broke up - and gave them freedom to play smaller venues. Some of the later REM had production that could fit inside a single semi truck.

Does that mean you don't understand how your brand would be damaged by playing 35% empty arenas rather than sold out shows wish people chomping at the bit to get in?

Pretty sure that selling out 70 percent of an arena still makes you way more money than over hundred percent of a theater. Plus he doesn't seem to be having any trouble in major markets, just the small ones, and he did just come off a festival tour. Its not like we're talking about the fall Phoenix took this year

Also, maybe he did it out of consideration for his fans who were dying to see him return. Booking a bunch of venues they'd easily sell out would make tickets hard to get and line the pockets of scalpers everywhere. This way, maybe his ego takes a little hit but anybody who wants to see him gets to and at a reasonable price.

In other words, you guys are assholes.

Randy's right. I'd take an under-attended show over one I can't get tickets for. And if you're cheap or poor, you can get a ticket outside or on craigslist at the last minute for a fraction of face value.
    Last edited by Boourns; 11-03-2013 at 01:12 PM.
    7/26 Au Revoir Simone @ The Roxy, 8/1 Arcade Fire, the Unicorns, Dan Deacon at the Forum, 8/2 Burger a-Go-Go, @ Observatory, 8/9 Warpaint @ Observatory, 8/10 Warpaint @ The Ace, 8/23-24 FYF Fest, 9/11 Swans @ Roxy, 9/18 Neutral Milk Hotel @ Hollywood Bowl, 9/19 Chvrches @ Palladium, 9/30 Cibo Matto @ the Roxy, 10/9 Zola Jesus @ El Rey, 10/16 Massive Attack @ Greek Theater, 10/26 Asobi Seksu & Slowdive @ Royale

old school

Does that mean you don't understand how your brand would be damaged by playing 35% empty arenas rather than sold out shows wish people chomping at the bit to get in?
    Live Nation was willing to pony up for an arena tour where they could go nuts on the production. Why turn that down?

They can do a theater tour anytime they want in the future. Arenas aren't guaranteed in the future unless they agree to a double bills with acts like Blink 182/Soundgarden/Marilyn M.

That said, I've always been perplexed by the fact Jack White/REM/NIN aren't/weren't always slam dunk arena fillers in the US.

Well in Jack White's case the reason probably has to do with him sucking shit.

Hmm, I always figured Jack White's generic blues bs and nasaly voice to be right up your alley.
    Quote Originally Posted by roboto View Post
    And stinkbutt leaving a motorhead set when you know he's dying just to talk shit ? Your a shitty person as well .please let mja give you an anal love disease .