Page 499 of 539 FirstFirst ... 494495496497498499500501502503504 ... LastLast
Results 14,941 to 14,970 of 16168

Thread: NIN tour dates

Default Re: NIN tour dates

almost glad it did though. fuck paying $120.

Makes me wonder if he will have a huge elaborate crazy set up. Trent is not one to Gouge his fans
    Superfan will be in front of the Fonda masturbating furiously to a photo of him taking a photo of a band. Set is from 8:05 to approximately 8:05:15. Guest list only.

Upcoming Shows: Nightmares On Wax - Amoeba, Basement Jaxx - Rhonda, !!! - Pomona, Paul Mccartney - Dodger Stadium, Yes - Greek Theater, Herbie Hancock - Hollywood Bowl, NIN/Soundgarden - Hollywood Bowl, Cut Chemist/Dj Shadow - Palladium, Massive Attack SB Bowl

So should I just give up waiting then? This is unacceptable
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Hey here's an idea. You know those people who are desperately poor, down on their luck, uneducated, abused, and generally ill-equipped for life? Let's make fun of them.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyface View Post
    I'd love to go to this, but sorry Trent, I am not spending what you are asking.
    You could just get a cheaper ticket in the higher levels of an arena...
    Quote Originally Posted by stinkbutt
    I know it's hard, but try not to turn into GPS. It is just unfortunate for us all.

Got a floor ticket. I had no problem at all getting through. Price is a bit much though
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    They check your age at a rave? That means its not a rave.

As usual persistence works. Friend just secured 1 floor ticket for Staples at 10:35.
    ______
    1999, 2001, 2002, 2004, 2009, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014

Yeah I went back in and got even better tix. Deleted my complaint on their FB wall.
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Hey here's an idea. You know those people who are desperately poor, down on their luck, uneducated, abused, and generally ill-equipped for life? Let's make fun of them.

AXS sucks sooo much, but after getting knocked off 5 times I managed to get section 101.

Anyone know if the festival shows will be a bit different than the indoor shows? cr****
    Have Another Hit Of Colorado Sunshine

2 completely different shows, one is NIN summer 2013 and the other is the "Tension" tour.

I would assume the summer tour will be all the old hits and the fall tour to be mostly/some new material and the oldies.

I would assume nothing beyond "shorter sets at the festivals". And would be surprised if there was a drastic difference in stage production between the two since the last festival date is only like 4 weeks before the first date of the proper tour.

Quote Originally Posted by superfan View Post
    Stage productions will be different. Ever heard of having 2 different productions? How difficult is it to have one just for festivals and one for arenas? It just costs money.
    I can't decide if this is supre using a new account, or someone's attempts at mocking him. Assuming the latter... which is kind of pointless... he's enough of a joke on his own...

The murder capital where we murder for capital

Stage productions will be different. Ever heard of having 2 different productions? How difficult is it to have one just for festivals and one for arenas? It just costs money.
    You stupid fuck. Lights in the Sky was used at Lollapalooza despite it being a "festival" set. Bonnaroo and Sasquatch had the same exact set up as the rest of the non festival NIN/JA tour dates as well. Try again.

The band also promised this tour is picking up where Lights in the Sky left off in regards to production so $100 for tickets gets put to good use with NIN. Much like paying $100 to see Roger Waters. You will get bang for your buck and you do not need to be super close.

Quote Originally Posted by spiggums View Post
    I can't decide if this is supre using a new account, or someone's attempts at mocking him. Assuming the latter... which is kind of pointless... he's enough of a joke on his own...
    I'm excited for the true story behind superfan to unfold. At first I assumed he was just trying to redeem himself a new, more positive light. But then on his 4th post, we see that habits are hard to break with those classics, "haven't you ever heard of" questions. Stay tuned.

7/18: The Field @ The Independent
    8/23-8/24: FYF Fest
    9/24 - 28: Decibel Festival
    10/5: The War on Drugs, Cass McCombs @ The Fillmore
    10/18-19: Treasure Island Music Festival

Quote Originally Posted by faxman75 View Post
    Lights in the Sky was used at Lollapalooza despite it being a "festival" set. Bonnaroo and Sasquatch had the same exact set up as the rest of the non festival NIN/JA tour dates as well.
    And LITS started at Pemberton Festival in Canada, too.

It would almost seem too tedious to have 2 different stage set ups when the festivals and stateside shows are close.

But then again, Kanye revamped his entire Glow In The Dark tour for the U.S. leg in a very short time frame.
    Last edited by HunterGather; 06-27-2013 at 03:18 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by stinkbutt
    I know it's hard, but try not to turn into GPS. It is just unfortunate for us all.

I thought I read something from Rob Sheridan a couple weeks ago stating that the full setup won't happen until the fall tour. Tried to search for it but can't seem to track that info down. I think the difference here is that Lollapalooza was in the middle of the LITS tour while these summer festival dates are all before Tension 2013 tour.
    ______

"The creative team behind the HTDA tour and NINís 2008 Lights in the Sky tour are currently hard at work on the production of both the NIN 2013 summer festival tour and the Tension 2013 fall arena tour."

Quote Originally Posted by fetuspiniata View Post
    "The creative team behind the HTDA tour and NIN’s 2008 Lights in the Sky tour are currently hard at work on the production of both the NIN 2013 summer festival tour and the Tension 2013 fall arena tour."
    yeah... that's not really saying much of anything in terms of whether or not they'll be different.

The murder capital where we murder for capital

Keep in mind that both Asheville (Mountain Oasis) and New Orleans (Voodoo) are festival shows right in the middle of the "Tension" tour. Also they will have a shit ton of gear with them since How To Destroy Angels are playing both of those festivals with their cool setup too.

This is what I couldn't find...

https://twitter.com/rob_sheridan/sta...76633989672960

That should be the end of this debate.
    ______

-_- They are doing a good job at making me want to check them out at OSL or the Staples. I am guessing they're a different stage production from the Joint.
    Translation

Rufus Wainwright @ Stern Grove 07/27/14
    Xiu Xiu @ BoTH 08/01/14
    FYF @ LA Sport Area 08/23 - 08/24/14
    Swans @ The Independent 08/08/14
    Decibel Festival @ Seattle 09/24 - 09/28/14
    War on Drugs @ Fillmore 10/05/14
    Death From Above 1979 @ The Independent 11/17/14

Last.fm

Just go to them all if you can afford it.
    Upcoming Shows:
    Kasabian/Bo Ningen: 10/1 @ Metro
    Coachella: 4/10-12 @ Empire Polo Fields

Quote Originally Posted by getbetter View Post
    -_- They are doing a good job at making me want to check them out at OSL or the Staples. I am guessing they're a different stage production from the Joint.
    I don't think Trent would play anywhere where he can't have it be exactly how he wants.

Look up and keep quiet.
    We get it... you believe your e-penis is mighty and huge. You can read that post over and over while you masturbate in to the mirror tonight.

My comment was completely accurate. That there was an additional piece of information that clarified the situation has no impact on that. That was not information I had at the time. *GASP*!

And given that additional information, it will be interesting to see how they differentiate the two...

Coachella Junkie Drinkey McDrinkerstein's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cutterbutter View Post
    I don't think Trent would play anywhere where he can't have it be exactly how he wants.
    That doesn't mean he won't scale down production because he physically has to (especially since he has chosen to play a smaller venue as part of the tour).
    last.fm
    6/15/14 Failure - Glasshouse // 7/9/14 Cloud Nothings/Metz - Roxy
    7/16/14 Planes Mistaken For Stars - Echo // 8/23-24/14 FYF Fest - Expo Park //8/25/14 Nine Inch Nails - Hollywood Bowl // 9/12-14/14 Riotfest - Humboldt Park, Chicago, IL
    9/18/14 Neutral Milk Hotel - Hollywood Bowl

So, are you guys operating under the assumption then that Vegas will not be the full-scale Tension production? I've had a similar thought, knowing well the size of the venue. I will be tremendously disappointed if that's the case, though. Those two shows are really my only shots at seeing this tour...

Coachella Junkie Drinkey McDrinkerstein's Avatar

I am sure it will be, but there might be portions of the lighting/etc that can't fit into the venue from a practical standpoint that you probably won't miss.

EDIT: Also, this isn't Trent's first rodeo. NIN plays smaller venues in Vegas on several tours, I am sure there are people who have seen them at the pearl and the like as well as arenas on the same tours that would have better input beyond total speculation.
    Last edited by Drinkey McDrinkerstein; 06-27-2013 at 08:14 PM.
    last.fm
    6/15/14 Failure - Glasshouse // 7/9/14 Cloud Nothings/Metz - Roxy
    7/16/14 Planes Mistaken For Stars - Echo // 8/23-24/14 FYF Fest - Expo Park //8/25/14 Nine Inch Nails - Hollywood Bowl // 9/12-14/14 Riotfest - Humboldt Park, Chicago, IL
    9/18/14 Neutral Milk Hotel - Hollywood Bowl

Quote Originally Posted by dancefreak View Post
    This is what I couldn't find...

https://twitter.com/rob_sheridan/sta...76633989672960

That should be the end of this debate.
    Thank you!

^Horrible video/song!

7/22 Neutral Milk Hotel @ Prospect Park
    7/23 Witch @ MHOW
    7/24 Teenage Fanclub @ Pier 84
    7/24 Lauren Ritter @ TBA
    7/25 Nick Cave @ Prospect Park
    7/26 Cell Injection/Black Asteroid @ Output

Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Help me decide what to wear to the show I'm going to tonight, everyone. I'll post pics of my six different potential outfits in a second.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    What is it about a band you love unconditionally that makes you adore them? Otherwise I'm going to just rip all over your shitty taste in bad bands.

Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    I am sure it will be, but there might be portions of the lighting/etc that can't fit into the venue from a practical standpoint that you probably won't miss.

EDIT: Also, this isn't Trent's first rodeo. NIN plays smaller venues in Vegas on several tours, I am sure there are people who have seen them at the pearl and the like as well as arenas on the same tours that would have better input beyond total speculation.
    I am actually one of those people, hehe. I have seen him here at the Thomas & Mack Arena (Fragility 2.0), at the Planet Hollywood Performing Arts Theater (2006 and 2008), but the only show comparable in size to this one was the NIN/JA show at the Pearl in 2009, which was a stripped down production anyhow. The stage at the joint is bigger than you might think for a venue of its capacity, though, so we will see. In any event, there is always the viewpoint that any variation from the standard Tension show makes those even more special.