Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Coachella "cushy", fans "pampered"

Default Coachella "cushy", fans "pampered"

Default Re: Coachella "cushy", fans "pampered"

Coachella '99 was two days, not one. I refuse to read further.

Thats fucking it, I'm camping in a porta-potty this year.
    Quote Originally Posted by breakjaw View Post
    I hope noone stab me with belt bucklez while I line dancing so fast in Skoal Tent,please peoplez!

My favorite bits of weirdness...

souvlaki="ordinary" but vegetarian food is somehow indicative of those wild and crazy Californians.

"cool weather" is apparently a bad thing.

When listing Canadian acts that have played before, the first two they came up with were Sloan and k-os.

When they wanted to know what people thought about Coachella, they asked a 49 year old woman who went 4 years ago...and Dave Gahan.

"The choice of lodging is unique." They back this up by pointing out the choice is between camping and staying in a hotel. Far out, man.

and the music doesn't last 14 hours a day
    Then I will hold you down and spit her percolations all over you until you're as greasy as the day she regrets pushing your big fat ass out her big fat cunt.

Fuck those Canadians!

This just in! Published news item contains factual inaccuracies!

K-os and Sloan are (or at least were) pretty popular up here in Canuckistan. Don't ask me why. At least they get a lot more radio play than Arcade Fire or Broken Social Scene. I get ribbed constantly for not liking the Tragically (un-)hip.

Quote Originally Posted by JClemy View Post
    Fuck those Canadians!
    Yep. I wish our journalists were of the same integrity as yours. Wait, who published the Prince thing again?

Geez, if that dude thinks 105 degree heat is cushy, I don't even want to know what kind of hell he lives in.

Weird he talked to Dave Gahan...DG lives in NYC and is recording in London from what I understand....must be buddies or something.
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Arcade FIre are a bunch of dicks, Deadmau5 is a dick, bands are dicks, David Bowie sucks dicks, Daft Punk is two human buttholes with semen for brains (that was loaded into a butthole from a dick that grew out of their moms), we're all dicks that fucked our moms assholes, God is going to put a giant dick down and fuck our mouths

Ya I agree its not exactly cushy when its that hot. And then the Coachella flu hits you when you get home....
    I can sleep in till noon anytime I want
    Though there's not many days that I do
    Gotta get up and take on that world
    When your an adult it's no cliche it's the truth

they did have one great, and accurate quote from a fan:

"After dark, the place is absolutely bewitching. When the sun went down and it started to cool down a little bit, it really felt absolutely magical. (There were) people in the dance tents, and then there were the great sculptures that they had lit up. You know, those are my favourite moments from Coachella ... just walking around the site at dusk and hearing music coming from these various stages and seeing the dance tents and seeing the shadows of people in the tents."
    i completely agree with that. when the sun sets at coachella, it turns into a magical fuckin wonderland thats pretty much paradise for me. im gettin goosebumps just thinking about it and how its only a month away. fuck yea.

Yeah, we are spoiled, holy crap, to have an option to stay in a hotel is a travesty and everything. Yes 14 hour music days are such a great thing. Amazing this country called Canada. I wonder what they will say about Pemberton when its finished.

Probably as cushy if not more, with all the whistler hotels and what not.
    I can sleep in till noon anytime I want
    Though there's not many days that I do
    Gotta get up and take on that world
    When your an adult it's no cliche it's the truth

dunno, maybe they are comparing it to the UK mud/sludge fests.

Quote Originally Posted by JebusLives View Post
    Yep. I wish our journalists were of the same integrity as yours. Wait, who published the Prince thing again?
    I like how you have the same journalistic skills as Bronson. If you look under my name you'll see I'm from Canada and what you said made no sense. Sorry dude.

The elite canadians 'graced' the coachella stages.

Canadians are consistantly over represented at Coachella in both the poeple who attend and the bands. The population of the WHOLE country is smaller than California's and yet... more than you can shake a stick at. Especially in the campgrounds... starting riots and such.

I will say this about the cushyness at Coachella - there are very few fights and very little violence - probably the most peaceful fest.

Quote Originally Posted by whynotsmile99 View Post
    and the music doesn't last 14 hours a day
    Oh yeah, I knew I was forgetting something.

I do not think it is a horrible article really Coachella is probably "cushier" than most festivals. That is partly why I choose to make the trek. It is well organized and even if it is hot it is better weather that time of year than most of the United States and Canada.

Quote Originally Posted by Trailmix View Post
    I do not think it is a horrible article really Coachella is probably "cushier" than most festivals. That is partly why I choose to make the trek. It is well organized and even if it is hot it is better weather that time of year than most of the United States and Canada.
    I just thought it was weird. You're kind of right...we do have it good, but "pampered" is going a bit far.

I'm not sure what you mean by "better weather" though. I assure you it will probably be beautiful at my house that weekend- like sunny, in the low 70s. I guess it's all a matter of opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by M Sparks View Post
    I just thought it was weird. You're kind of right...we do have it good, but "pampered" is going a bit far.

I'm not sure what you mean by "better weather" though. I assure you it will probably be beautiful at my house that weekend- like sunny, in the low 70s. I guess it's all a matter of opinion.
    That's cause you live in AZ. In Mass it will be more than likely still miserable.

Actually, most of Arizona will be as shitty-hot as Indio by late April. But I live at 7000 Ft. Today, it's 62 degrees, yet I still have snow in my yard, because we got, like, 4 or 5 feet in a two month period.

What I meant is...to me, the desert heat is the worst possible weather, outside of a total white-out blizzard or a hurricane. Other people think it's nice.

EDIT- Although, I am glad Winter is over. This year was brutal. It rarely gets to 0 degrees here...this year, we got down to -14 a couple days.

Quote Originally Posted by M Sparks View Post
    Actually, most of Arizona will be as shitty-hot as Indio by late April. But I live at 7000 Ft. Today, it's 62 degrees, yet I still have snow in my yard, because we got, like, 4 or 5 feet in a two month period.

What I meant is...to me, the desert heat is the worst possible weather, outside of a total white-out blizzard or a hurricane. Other people think it's nice.

EDIT- Although, I am glad Winter is over. This year was brutal. It rarely gets to 0 degrees here...this year, we got down to -14 a couple days.
    Have you lived in humidity? I am talking real humidity like the South. Anything above 85 with humidity is worse than death. I will take that desert heat any day of the week before I take 80+ with 70%+ humidity.
    For your health

Thread title "irritating," is very snotty about "bullshit"
    Quote Originally Posted by schoolofruckus View Post
    Look, your parenting is yours and Randy's business alone.
    Fans of TheLastGreatMan Accessory Shop

Also argument itself is "stupid," Coachella is "cushy" compared to other festivals its "size." Bonnaroo has much worse "weather" and I don't "think" anyone does "not" camp. Like "Glastonbury" which "has" mud pounding up your "ass" and half the time its "raining"

Lurker

Quote Originally Posted by thelastgreatman View Post
    Also argument itself is "stupid," Coachella is "cushy" compared to other festivals its "size." Bonnaroo has much worse "weather" and I don't "think" anyone does "not" camp. Like "Glastonbury" which "has" mud pounding up your "ass" and half the time its "raining"
    THAT IS THE VERY BEAUTY Of Coachella -the desert weather. (although it did dip down to an uncomfortable degree in 2003)
    Hey Canadian - I see you're from Calgary as well!
    I love Cushy things and I have the last name to prove it (well, Cush)...Hey Calgarian- loved your quote about falling asleep during dj Tiesto..me too- Someone I was with said that he was like the Zoolander of dj's and that all the others probably made fun of him!
    My friend was so hooped from the VIP free pour (a thing we're not used to here in Canada) that he said the following during RATM -"i can feel the ego of Tiesto" and "you're gold ponyboy you're gold" a quote from Outsiders that I read in Gr. 9 for a book report.

Just some free flow thoughts...

So I'm staying in Palm Springs at a Tiki Tiki motel, have 2 tix to vip (for Sunday only) and a moped to get to/from the festival - is that a bit too large to take on?
    Anyone want to share in the cost/benefits because I'm going solo at this point! The only problem I foresee is the ability to ride the scooter... darn! I need a designated driver!

blue/green planet, 3 from the sun, can't miss it

People seeking refuge from the sun can chill out in air-conditioned domes that feature fake snow swirling in the air. The concession stands offer everything from the ordinary, like hamburgers and souvlaki, to culinary proof that you are in California - organic decaf lattes and a wide variety of vegetarian dishes

not sure i particularly remember air conditioned domes, i wish there was like a giant cool tent with downtempo chill music playing but hey, the rumors get wierd by the time they get to Canada. I don't particularly think of heat and dirt and the porta-poties as cushy, or the a bit of greek food spoiling me.
    04' 05' 07' 08' 09' 10' 11' 12' 13'
    Metric, Of Monsters, Local Natives, Beach House, Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Band of Horses, Stone Roses, Foals, Tegan and Sara or How to Destroy 2 Bears, Violent Femmes, Portugal, Hot Chip, Spiritualized, Simian Mobile or Postal, Moby, New Order, Sigur Ros DIIV, Oh Sees, Grimes, Paul K, Oakey, Vampire Weekend, Pretty LIghts, OMD, WU, RHCP, Dead Can Dance

Quote Originally Posted by thelastgreatman View Post
    Thread title "irritating," is very snotty about "bullshit"
    Well, I used quotes because I was quoting. Silly me.

I just thought it was a goofy article from a journalistic viewpoint. Jesus "Fucking" Christ.

EDIT, and you know what, fuck all y'all arguing about the weather. This guy said the weather at Coachella was preferable to "cool weather". That's just fucking stupid. "Cool" implies moderate.
    Last edited by M Sparks; 03-28-2008 at 11:29 PM.

Cool does not imply moderate. Cool, in fact, specifically indicates slightly cold.

blue/green planet, 3 from the sun, can't miss it

Americans may be pampered/spoiled, middle class folks may be pampered, but i dont' think Coachella is particularly cushy, drinking out of a hose and using a porta potty in 100 degree heat. I think they are picking the wrong avenue to explore American excess and coddled weak will. I guess we need Burning Man silt and fine dust storms to make us hardcore enough. The article probably plays much better to it's intended audience, reinforcing held beliefs.
    Last edited by Hawkings; 03-29-2008 at 12:21 AM.
    04' 05' 07' 08' 09' 10' 11' 12' 13'
    Metric, Of Monsters, Local Natives, Beach House, Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Band of Horses, Stone Roses, Foals, Tegan and Sara or How to Destroy 2 Bears, Violent Femmes, Portugal, Hot Chip, Spiritualized, Simian Mobile or Postal, Moby, New Order, Sigur Ros DIIV, Oh Sees, Grimes, Paul K, Oakey, Vampire Weekend, Pretty LIghts, OMD, WU, RHCP, Dead Can Dance