Thread: coachella friendly to homeless?

Default coachella friendly to homeless?

maybe the thread has been done already, but here i go.

I heard Rage was playing so i called up my buddies and we bought our 3 day tickets regardless of the fact we have near to no money. (if i see one more im broke thread i am gonna flip!) We have spent all our money and will have our work cut out for us getting there and nourishing ourselves at this point. Here is the stupid idiot who does stuff with no planning for Coachella question line up:

Can i just park my car anywhere and pass out?

Can i pass out anywhere, a park maybe?

Are residents of this area bothered by people who look partially dead face down on the lawn?

Do residents ever let people stay in their backyard?

You guys get the idea, is it okay to be homeless in Coachella?

Default Re: coachella friendly to homeless?

Quote Originally Posted by DenverSanFranConnection View Post

I heard Rage was playing so i called up my buddies and we bought our 3 day tickets regardless of the fact we have near to no money. (if i see one more im broke thread i am gonna flip!) We have spent all our money and will have our work cut out for us getting there and nourishing ourselves at this point. Here is the stupid idiot who does stuff with no planning for Coachella question line up:

Are residents of this area bothered by people who look partially dead face down on the lawn?

ya know, you could always make friends with one of the offsite campers, or hotel people and bunk with them.

also, you've got about three months to get some cash...I too speant my whole paychek in one day getting those tickets >.<
    Peace, Love and Coachella.

Save up like 30-50 bucks over the next few months and buy a tent. Shit should last you a lifetime. You'll be the envy of all your homeless buddies.

Quote Originally Posted by Quentin View Post
    ya know, you could always make friends with one of the offsite campers, or hotel people and bunk with them.

also, you've got about three months to get some cash...I too speant my whole paychek in one day getting those tickets >.<
    okay, let me start now, do you have any room in your hotel slash campsite?

I dont really have a job, i had one but i moved and i have mooched off the profits since then. Money doesnt really come in but it goes out and i have no time for a job (no bullshit)

Sory mate, I'm looking for a place to stay too, I'm even look for a way to get down there >.<;
    Peace, Love and Coachella.

Yeah, California has a huge homeless problem, so sleeping outside in public (unless you're in the city and people are used to it), or even in your car will get you in big trouble.

You could try sleeping in the Orange Grove behind the polo grounds. There's fields all around. There will be a lot of Police though, and they don't take too kindly to folks sleeping out.
    Why are you too busy to work? What do you do?

The camping is crazy cheap too. 4 nights for $45.

unfortunately most of the communities around there are gated so it won't be too easy to flop on someone's lawn either....

hell, the police will come up to you if you're sleeping face down on the ground just to make sure you're not in a coma from dehydration or heat exhaustion. Because, you know, it happens.

Are you kidding me...if your not from coachella than you don't know that the area is turning into a new retirement community an extension of palm springs and the other small surrounding cities...and your either on welfare, speed or a gang banger!!!

So if you decide to face plant in someone's back yard be prepared for some tweeked out homie to stick a shotgun of somesort in your face.

The cops are real tight with the locals and are polite to us visitors but they aren't take'n any shit.

Good luck!!!

PS...I'm not lying!!!

start a help me website. I was watching 20/20 a few weeks ago on people that were in debt real bad and this lady started a website to donate to her a dollar so she could pay her credit cards and suprisingly she raised $13,000 in 4 months or something like that. You just have to be creative but raising $45 for camping shouldn't be too hard. Look around your house to see what you can sell on craigslist or pawn.

Quote Originally Posted by Boourns View Post
    Yeah, California has a huge homeless problem, so sleeping outside in public (unless you're in the city and people are used to it), or even in your car will get you in big trouble.
    There's less homeless in coachella than the rest of california...the homeless issue is the biggest in the cities...not the smaller towns

A wet, broken, cardboard box in New Yawk Shitty

Just for my own curiosity....why would someone plan a trip to coachella if they were jobless?? I mean I am all about spending a little cash that I shouldn't spend for the sake of some good music....but for a 3 day event??
    Without music life would be a mistake. - Friedrich Wilhelm Nietzsche

Your thermos would fit nice in my lunchbox....

Us on hard drugs? That would be horrible. We'd probably end up sounding like Bryan Adams. - Thom Yorke

seemed like a good idea at the time, still seems like a fun adventure. Being from SF I am use to the homeless thing. If show up dressed in a polo shirt and sweater vest do you think one of the retired people will let me sleep on their couch?
    Fuck Dodgers. Go Giants.

okay, let me start now, do you have any room in your hotel slash campsite?

I dont really have a job, i had one but i moved and i have mooched off the profits since then. Money doesnt really come in but it goes out and i have no time for a job (no bullshit)

Curious that you have time to post on a message board. If you truly are broke and have no job, then I suspect finding a place to crash at an expensive music festival is the least of your worries.

Perhaps consider getting your life in order before splurging on the optional niceties of life.

Quote Originally Posted by Boourns View Post
    Funny, I was reading that and was sure it was going to end more like "or even in your car will be tolerated a bit more."

Guess my Canadian-ness is showing. Then again, it's not like Vancouver has dealt well with its own homeless problem.

Quote Originally Posted by dekr510 View Post
    start a help me website. I was watching 20/20 a few weeks ago on people that were in debt real bad and this lady started a website to donate to her a dollar so she could pay her credit cards and suprisingly she raised $13,000 in 4 months or something like that. You just have to be creative but raising $45 for camping shouldn't be too hard. Look around your house to see what you can sell on craigslist or pawn.
    Dude, I seen that shit too. With the chick. Stupid bitch. Stop buying 300 dollar ugly purses.

I am hella tempted to start one up though.

seemed like a good idea at the time, still seems like a fun adventure. Being from SF I am use to the homeless thing. If show up dressed in a polo shirt and sweater vest do you think one of the retired people will let me sleep on their couch?
    Are you actually homeless? Or are you going to be homeless at coachella?

I am from San Fran too.

Do you do drugs?

I might have extra room in a hotel. But like we are all splitting the cost so I don't think that would work in your favor anyways.

Wait...if you're broke...then how did you afford a computer?

vinylmartyr

GEEZ BUY A CAMPING PASS. GO SELL PLASMA OR SPERM OR SOMETHING.

lowfront

I'm so curious on the comment

"I'm too busy to get a job"

How can someone without a job say that? He's not a student.

Here's the best thing to do. Park in the Wal*Mart parking lot on Highway 111 and Adams. Since the place is open 24/7 and the parking lot is always in use..you can just sleep in your car over there. Or any parking lot for that matter.
    If a cop wakes you up in the middle of the night because over night camping and that bullshit is "illegal." Just say you were tired from driving late at night and your friends were sleeping so you pulled over to rest just so you wouldn't wake your friends and so you wouldn't risk falling asleep at the wheel.
    Quote Originally Posted by thaipod View Post
    I raped three children, did heroin, harrassed a horse, set fire to an emo kid, and stole a cart of churros.

THIS TRULY IS THE LAND OF THE FREE!!!

Uhmm.. okay heres an Idea....

3 monthish to coachella... drop your internet provider... make around 60 bucks and buy a camp pass

then sell your computer... you dont have internet anymore so there is really no point... sell that make like 700 bucks thats enough to pay for gas both ways and have money for food...

lastly if you are homeless and going to coachella and you dont have "time" to get a job reconsider your priorities

vinylmartyr

Listen to Adam2uBer he sounds like he has a plan.

you sound like a dirty hippy!

OUTKAST 2014
    it's finally happening

Röyksopp, FC Kahuna, Télépopmusik, The Knife, RJD2, Futue Sound of London, The Avalanches, 808 State, Zero 7, Tycho, Mr. Scruff

sounds like a lazy hippy...

I have a few suggestions.

1. Get a job & support yourself! There's no such thing as being too busy to work - that's a lame excuse.......have some dignity & grow up!

2. If you're hellbent on going to Coachella, then buy a camping pass so you'll have a place to crash for 4 nights - it's roughly $55 after the Ticketmaster fees.

3. Look for others in your area who are road trippin' to Coachella on the message boards and tag along.

3. If all else fails, sell your Coachella tix on eBay - they're going for a fortune with days 2 & 3 being sold out.

I'm all for checking out a once in a lifetime concert, but you need to get your life in order or you'll never be able to enjoy anything in life.

sell your body on craigslist.