Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My brief review and photos of the Brazil - Sweden game that ended about 2 hours ago

Default My brief review and photos of the Brazil - Sweden game that ended about 2 hours ago

I went to this game tonight:

It was a good game, fast paced, with a lot of action for a friendly. There was some beautiful football played, and both sides created a lot of chances. In the end Alexandre Pato came on as a sub with around 25 minutes left, and quickly scores, with a stunning goal, thanks to a mistake by Sweden's keeper.

Anyway, here are some photos:

"The first time I heard the new single off the Bravery album, I actually cried, and I do not even remember the name of that damn song. It reminded me of this girl I am in love with." - kroqken

Default Re: My brief review and photos of the Brazil - Sweden game that ended about 2 hours a

Does anyobody care about soccer here?
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Because fucking millenials that's what

Default Re: My brief review and photos of the Brazil - Sweden game that ended about 2 hours a

Well,there's a few people who sometimes discuss the games, so I thought I'd share.
    "The first time I heard the new single off the Bravery album, I actually cried, and I do not even remember the name of that damn song. It reminded me of this girl I am in love with." - kroqken

whiney pain in butt

CHICK FIGHT!

Coachella Junkie

Paddy Power?

Paddy Power is a really lame (Irish) bookmakers, but they generally offer pretty good odds.

Dude, you had good seats. Looks like anyway. Is it pricey like it would be for seats like that at an American sporting event?

Yeah we had great seats - fourth row. Ticket was £30 ($60).

Coachella Junkie

Isn't paddy an Irish slur though?

Quote Originally Posted by PotVsKtl View Post
    Isn't paddy an Irish slur though?
    Sort of, but it's also a genuine Irish name, and I guess it's okay if an Irish person says it themselves. You know, like the N word.

Coachella Junkie

That's racist.

Nice photos. That goalie fucked up royally. I've never seen that before.

Quote Originally Posted by amyzzz View Post
    Does anyobody care about soccer here?
    Yes.

Ooole, ole, ole ole . . .

Everyone pretends to care around FIFA...
    Quote Originally Posted by TeamCoachellaHellYeah View Post
    this is fantastic news...we can all fist ourselves in peace now...
    http://www.last.fm/user/theburydlife

2011 Wishlist: Soviet Soviet, Swans, Heroin and Your Veins, Lower Dens, The December Sound, Scarlet Youth, Faunts, Bad Lieutenant, The Besnard Lakes, The Raveonettes, Screen Vinyl Image, Sway

Those are great photos. I don't care about soccer but it's still cool

Even if the U.S. soccer team was any good(which they aren't), Americans still wouldn't care much about soccer.

As long as upper/middle class suburban housewives continue to look to soccer as an alternative to baseball, basketball, and football for their athletically challenged and wimpy offspring, the world's most popular sport will always be mocked and ridiculed over here. Because over here, soccer camps and little league soccer is run like daycare for retarded kids. Everywhere else in the world, soccer academies and youth leagues are run like fucking bootcamps.

But I digress...

Cool pictures
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nipples View Post
    if i had 1200 bucks id buy another guitar, or a bunch of pot...

Banned

the US SOCCER TEAM ISNT GOOD!?

im a huge team mexico fan, for obvious reasons...

But the US team ALWAYS gets a bad rap..

theyre good... they are FAR from shitty...

and the reason Soccer isnt as big as other sports here in the US is because theres no money in pro soccer... so people who are natural atheletes go to other sports where they get the BIG BUCKS!

Quote Originally Posted by NiceArthur32 View Post
    the US SOCCER TEAM ISNT GOOD!?

Exhibit A

USA vs Czech Rep

Exhibit B

Ghana vs USA

Sure, USMNT tears shit up in the CONCACAF, but they play against top CONMEBOL, UEFA, and AFC nations, you'll see them struggle.

And even though Mexico's record against USA has been dog shit as of late, they're still the traditional powerhouses of CONCACAF, not USA.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nipples View Post
    if i had 1200 bucks id buy another guitar, or a bunch of pot...

come on.... wheres' California Surf?? used to be here. anyway Go Liverpool!!

ok, like the 5th person to say this, really great pics dude .... way cool .. and the tic price, not bad at all imho ... x*****
    Have Another Hit Of Colorado Sunshine

Last edited by bug on your lip; 03-27-2008 at 06:37 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by RotationSlimWang View Post
    Say goodbye to that acid, Greg.

I love the Beautiful game. Keep the Footy posts coming, Stef!

I've never had the oppty to see a match live. I was supposed to go to the US-Mexico match last year, but I was unable to attend.

Quote Originally Posted by theburiedlife View Post
    Everyone pretends to care around FIFA...
    You do realize FIFA isn't something that just comes around every now and then right? FIFA is always here. I think you just don't know what you are talking about and that you are referring to the World Cup which is watched over by FIFA the worlds governing body on football. Before you ask this is what it stands for, Fédération Internationale de Football Association.
    "We're on a mission from God"

----Elwood Blues

That's pretty fucking sweet, anyone would be lucky to catch a Brazil game at least once in thier lifetime. And for a friendly, it's looks like you got a halfway decent look at some first-teamers.

Disclosure - October 12 - Reno, NV.
    Treasure Island Music Festival - October 19 - San Francisco, CA.
    Portugal, The Man - October 22 - Reno, NV.
    Cut Copy - October 31 - Reno, NV.
    Phoenix w/ Alt-J - December 5 - Reno, NV.

COACHELLA '07, '08, '09, '11, '13

Quote Originally Posted by gmoneyak View Post
    That's pretty fucking sweet, anyone would be lucky to catch a Brazil game at least once in thier lifetime. And for a friendly, it's looks like you got a halfway decent look at some first-teamers.
    The majority of them play for European clubs. Australia play most of their friendlies in London these days too, as it's just easier.
    Quote Originally Posted by JustSteve View Post
    well, for all intensive porpoises it is, will sell out within seconds tomorrow.
    Quote Originally Posted by korbinn View Post
    It's jsut dawned on me that I'm overly confident and a extremely ocd perfectionist.
    Quote Originally Posted by kroqken View Post
    I don't give a flying fuck about the Kardashians, I doubt they know who Belle and Sebastian are.

Thumbs up Re: My brief review and photos of the Brazil - Sweden game that ended about 2 hours a

nice photos...
    i only watch international soccer...
    national or domestic leagues just are not intersting for me...
    USA baby!
    "conversation is a game of circles and i'm getting dizzy-- bye"

Quote Originally Posted by sonofhal View Post
    The majority of them play for European clubs. Australia play most of their friendlies in London these days too, as it's just easier.
    Yeah, I do realize that and most of the Brazilians on the lineup play in La Liga but it's cool regardless.

Disclosure - October 12 - Reno, NV.
    Treasure Island Music Festival - October 19 - San Francisco, CA.
    Portugal, The Man - October 22 - Reno, NV.
    Cut Copy - October 31 - Reno, NV.
    Phoenix w/ Alt-J - December 5 - Reno, NV.

COACHELLA '07, '08, '09, '11, '13

Great pics dude.

And also the US Soccer does suck, but right now its a safer bet that the Mexican Team, specially with Hugo Sanchez at the helm.
    To travel is to discover that everyone is wrong about other countries

Solid 3-0 win for the US yesterday.