Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: the prodigy

Lurker

Default the prodigy

Whats up guys this is my first coachella expierence but I noticed that prodigy played a couple of years back, i have always been a big fan of their music was their performance any good. I saw that everyone enjoyed daft punk and basement jaxx.

Lurker

Default Re: the prodigy

Prodigy was great in 2005. A lot of energy in the Sahara Tent. I hope they come back.

They were awesome. Serioulsy. They made 2005 for me.

They ruled on Sunday in 05....one of the top shows I've seen at Coachella...the tent was AMPED with energy
    I'm a reasonable man, get off my case.

I think I lost my brain when they played. Most intense performance I have ever seen at Coachella.

Prodigy COACHELLA 2009
    Upcoming Shows:

Sasquatch Festival

Was talking about this the other night at The Faint show how awesome it was to have in 2005 NIN, The Faint, and then The Prodigy.

Some of you might bite my head off but I really would love to see Rob Zombie in a pre headliner slot opening up for The Prodigy.
    Check out Sleeping is Giving in for great mixes and other cool stuff

i have your back on that. anything that lets me hear smack my bit$h up live.
    Upcoming Shows:

Sasquatch Festival

Coachella Junkie

Definitely.

SMBU is one of the most fun songs ever live. Nothing beats yelling "SMACK MY BITCH UP" as loud as you can with thousands of other people.

Prodigy for 2009! After what happened this past year with them playing, we deserve it!!

It HAS to happen this year...Ill cream when it becomes official...and ya, Rob Zombie into the Prodigy would be unreal, I always thought Prodigy opening for NIN would be fuckin amazing...
    Upcoming Shows:
    Coachella: 4/10-12 @ Empire Polo Fields

Its official. Rob Zombie -> The Prodigy -> NIN COACHELLA 09!

Seriously... that would be amazing.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    And it's been long established that Chris hates fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatinisbad View Post
    I took my niece this year and it was her first Coachella. It was so fun to see it through her eyes. She thought it felt like a magical scene from Shreck. The one where all the fairy tale creatures meet for the first time in Shreck's swamp.

holy jesus that would
    Then I will hold you down and spit her percolations all over you until you're as greasy as the day she regrets pushing your big fat ass out her big fat cunt.

Coachella Junkie

Quote Originally Posted by rage patton View Post
    Its official. Rob Zombie -> The Prodigy -> NIN COACHELLA 09!

Seriously... that would be amazing.
    If it meant Prodigy playing the mainstage, then no way.

they HAVE to play in the Sahara. Not outdoors, not even if they're closing a stage. It has to be closing the sahara. Has to be.

I would love to see NIN play from 9 to 1030 then Prodigy at 1045 in the sahara.

Quote Originally Posted by betao View Post

they HAVE to play in the Sahara. Not outdoors, not even if they're closing a stage. It has to be closing the sahara. Has to be.

prodigy has to be in sahara - i saw the mainstage performance and it was shite

Coachella Junkie

It just didn't make any sense to begin with. In 2002, it went Prodigy, followed by Oasis on the mainstage.

Prodigy performing before Oasis...that just isn't right.

no its not... Zombie's agressive music, mixed with Prodigy dangerous attitude electronic into NINs destructive industrial would be a lethal combo....i cant see it ever happening, but at my festival, it would.
    Upcoming Shows:

Memorial_07

Quote Originally Posted by paulb View Post
    no its not... Zombie's agressive music, mixed with Prodigy dangerous attitude electronic into NINs destructive industrial would be a lethal combo....i cant see it ever happening, but at my festival, it would.
    Rob Zombie's music?
    How 'bout White Zombie?

And that order of bands would be destructive...even more if NIN was replaced with Ministry.

Coachella Junkie chairmenmeow47's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ricoswuave View Post
    Prodigy was great in 2005. A lot of energy in the Sahara Tent. I hope they come back.
    i loved how they'd say "COACHELLLLLLAAAAAAAAAAAA", i still enjoy saying it in the prodigy way to this day

that set was the SHIT! i remember dancing so much i fell out of my top a few times and didn't even care. when they dropped outer space and the disco ball came down, i ran to the front. that was the shit. such a perfect follow-up after nine inch nails.
    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    It's when we discuss Coachella that we are at our collective dipshittiest.

Quote Originally Posted by garrett222 View Post
    Prodigy COACHELLA 2009
    it has to happen... they even said they are doing a big tour in 2009... make it happen GV!

will see as many Prodigy shows as I can in 2009...without a doubt. They must be at Coachella this year, after the shinanegans that happened this year.
    Upcoming Shows:

Quote Originally Posted by betao View Post

That already happened at Coachella 2005 man. I missed it too. So don't be too upset.

Rob Zombie -> The Prodigy -> NIN on the Mainstage FTW!

But unless this exact scenario happens... The Prodigy must be in the Sahara.
    I took my niece this year and it was her first Coachella. It was so fun to see it through her eyes. She thought it felt like a magical scene from Shreck. The one where all the fairy tale creatures meet for the first time in Shreck's swamp.

Resident DnB Encyclopedia Donaldj's Avatar

I would love to see them in 2009. First chance I had to see The Prodigy live was back in 1995 in Dallas. That show was unreal, my ears rang for like 2 days and I met, hung out and got a bunch of stuff signed by all 4. Liam and Maxim were cool. Keith was a prick and this was a year before Firestarter when he was just some dude dancing on stage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hopeless Semantic View Post
    If there was a Frank Lucas of DnB links, Donald would be him...

Donald is not only the Frank Lucas of the board, but also the resident Buddha.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bud Luster View Post
    All in favor of an Underworld / High Contrast US co-tour say "AYE!"
    "Real Drum & Bass is not something that sounds like a 17 year old rock band who have just listened to Slipmatt on their first E & decided to make Drum & Bass" - Marcus Intalex

http://soundcloud.com/donaldj-1/jind...pect-8-16-2012

Memorial_07

That already happened at Coachella 2005 man. I missed it too. So don't be too upset.

WHITE ZOMBIE -> The Prodigy -> NIN on the Mainstage FTW!

But unless this exact scenario happens... The Prodigy must be in the Sahara.
    Much better

Rob Zombie plays some White Zombie tracks live and they sound awesome. I am afraid if there was a White Zombie reunion they would play very few or NO Rob Zombie tracks, and that would suck. I am not oposed to a White Zombie reunion... but Rob Zombie is so fucking awesome live, I don't see a need for them to get back together.

Quote Originally Posted by chairmenmeow47 View Post
    i loved how they'd say "COACHELLLLLLAAAAAAAAAAAA", i still enjoy saying it in the prodigy way to this day

that set was the SHIT! i remember dancing so much i fell out of my top a few times and didn't even care. when they dropped outer space and the disco ball came down, i ran to the front. that was the shit. such a perfect follow-up after nine inch nails.

haha, that WAS a pretty epic set. one of the funnest times ive ever had in the sahara. would have been even better if i saw your tits falling out, but still great nonetheless.

i have a short video of him saying "coachella!" and loved the way he said it myself. when i first uploaded it to my computer i watched it like 20 times.
    Let's go on a livin' spree!

I've gone to Coach since 2004, but it was the Prodigy in 2005 that sealed the deal between Coachella and I forever. I'm ready for an update!
    Its like the Infinite Monkey Theorem, if you put X amount of monkeys in a room with a typewriter and ask them to give you Shakespeare 99% of them will fling their shit at you while the other 1% will masturbate in the corner.

Memorial_07

Rob Zombie plays some White Zombie tracks live and they sound awesome. I am afraid if there was a White Zombie reunion they would play very few or NO Rob Zombie tracks, and that would suck. I am not oposed to a White Zombie reunion... but Rob Zombie is so fucking awesome live, I don't see a need for them to get back together.
    Yeah and he mainly plays the White Zombie tracks I want to hear.
    White Zombie would be great seeing in it's original form, but Zombie has some good solo stuff and he does WZ tracks, so why not? I'm for both. I don't care which one

I'm so lame. We left after NIN in 05.
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Because fucking millenials that's what

Memorial_07

Why is that lame?

Cause Prodigy played right after NIN
    Quote Originally Posted by roboto View Post
    And stinkbutt leaving a motorhead set when you know he's dying just to talk shit ? Your a shitty person as well .please let mja give you an anal love disease .