Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: You know what? This lineup is fan-fucking-tastic.

Coachella Junkie malcolmjamalawesome's Avatar

Default You know what? This lineup is fan-fucking-tastic.

Maybe this is just the sentiment of someone who is SUPER depressed that he is missing his first Coachella since 2004, but I am 100% convinced this is the best lineup since 2004, and it's probably just as good as that one. For starters, you have 3 acts that haven't performed in the US in God knows how long that the majority of board people have been clamoring for since I've been on here in Aphex Twin, The Verve, and Portishead. Then you have a pretty unique and historic headliner in Roger Waters performing Dark Side of the Moon. Don't get me wrong, I would stay as far as fucking possible away from Verve, Portishead, AND Roger Waters, but I still get the fact that it's pretty fucking awesome they're all playing. I believe I've expressed in detail how absolutely fucking SICK and satisfying the entire EDM/Sahara lineup is, not to mention the god damned "grandfathers of techno" Kraftwerk are playing. Stay tuned for everyone to see God during the Booka Shade and Boys Noize sets. You've got two acts that pumped everybody up last year back for those who might have missed them in Gogol Bordello and Justice. You've got tons of new buzz bands (that hopefully turn out better than Tokyo Police Club) in Vampire Weekend, Black Lips, etc. You've got some consistent big indie names in Death Cab, Rilo Kiley, My Morning Jacket, and the Racon-fucking-teurs who, no shit, rock your balls through your face. And the only price you have to pay for all of this non stop awesomeness is the slight possibility that you hear a little bit of "Bubble Toes" echoing through the air while you check out some act that you actually like on Friday night.
    Just saying, this is a pretty great lineup and I am considering killing myself since I won't be able to be there.
    Quote Originally Posted by ruetheday View Post
    I don't fucking care. I don't even know who the hell Dave Wang is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Devin the Dude View Post
    you used to be that guy that just Dave Wang's everybody. that guy. he's gone now, and whoever you really are showed up, and that was utter disappointment.

Lightbulb Re: You know what? This lineup is fan-fucking-tastic.

Then I will hold you down and spit her percolations all over you until you're as greasy as the day she regrets pushing your big fat ass out her big fat cunt.

Default Re: You know what? This lineup is fan-fucking-tastic.

Well said. Bravo.

It would be a perfect festival if Weinstephaner played a surprise set in the beer garden.

All 3 days.

From open to close.

Fake a sudden bout of cancer and don't go to the wedding, pussy.

Wait, make it AIDS. You're into raving, it's believable.
    Quote Originally Posted by schoolofruckus View Post
    Look, your parenting is yours and Randy's business alone.
    Fans of TheLastGreatMan Accessory Shop

i'm still sore about the streets though
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Coyne
    People treat Arcade Fire like they're the greatest thing ever and they get away with it.

this line up sucks and $90 sure isn't worth... its no wonder it isn't sold out.... i just hope jack johnson plays his curious george soundtrack for everyone that would be it..... all points west nuff said!!!

Post Re: You know what? This lineup is fan-fucking-tastic.

animal collective, mgmt..

apw would be great but just because Radiohead is playing 2 nights in a row; if they were only playing one night, it wouldnt sell nearly as quick...

this year is great, but last year - sonic youth, jamc, interpol, ratm, bjork, andrew bird, rufus wainwright, air, placebo, arcade fire, black keys, lcd, hot chip, justice, rhcp, peeping tom, jarvis cocker, ghostface, etc... damn are we forgetting how fucking amazing last year was?
    Quote Originally Posted by SoulDischarge View Post
    If Bob Dylan saved up his jizz for a year, and then molded it into the shape of records, and released it as a limited edition box set, it would top any Rolling Stone list, even if said list was about the top 50 Arabic transsexual rappers of the last 10 years. Robert Plant would probably be on there somewhere too.

I waited for Sonic Youth for like 15 mins and they didn't start. And putting Air against Manu Chao, and then having them start late so I missed them too was horrible.

Coachella Junkie boarderwoozel3's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by freshjive98 View Post
    this line up sucks and $90 sure isn't worth... its no wonder it isn't sold out.... i just hope jack johnson plays his curious george soundtrack for everyone that would be it..... all points west nuff said!!!
    JJ is going to be serenading All Points West as well. Not to mention you'll have far less other stages to see during his set. And APW is the same price as Coach. My conclusion: YOU FAIL!

Happy first post.

the lineup is outrageous and you know it.

somebody missin a few screws i see!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by psychoc&ndy View Post
    this year is great, but last year - sonic youth, jamc, interpol, ratm, bjork, andrew bird, rufus wainwright, air, placebo, arcade fire, black keys, lcd, hot chip, justice, rhcp, peeping tom, jarvis cocker, ghostface, etc... damn are we forgetting how fucking amazing last year was?
    last year was a brilliant gathering for sure!!!!

Judgy McMarco TeamCoachellaHellYeah's Avatar

I hope you die a terrible terrible death....
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Reviewers who note the size of the crowd are dumb fucks.
    COACHELLA's: 2001. 2002. 2003. 2004. 2005. 2006. 2007. 2008. 2009. 2010. 2011. 2012. 2013. 2014. 2015.

and this year we have: Aphex Twin, Portishead, Kraftwerk, Roger Waters, M.I.A., Hot Chip, Goldfrapp, The Verve. The Breeders, Spiritualized, Justice, Mum, Stephen Malkmus, so what is your point? Tomato Tomaato. it is all relative.
    COACHELLA's: 2001. 2002. 2003. 2004. 2005. 2006. 2007. 2008. 2009. 2010. 2011. 2012. 2013. 2014. 2015.

Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    Maybe this is just the sentiment of someone who is SUPER depressed that he is missing his first Coachella since 2004, but I am 100% convinced this is the best lineup since 2004, and it's probably just as good as that one. For starters, you have 3 acts that haven't performed in the US in God knows how long that the majority of board people have been clamoring for since I've been on here in Aphex Twin, The Verve, and Portishead. Then you have a pretty unique and historic headliner in Roger Waters performing Dark Side of the Moon. Don't get me wrong, I would stay as far as fucking possible away from Verve, Portishead, AND Roger Waters, but I still get the fact that it's pretty fucking awesome they're all playing. I believe I've expressed in detail how absolutely fucking SICK and satisfying the entire EDM/Sahara lineup is, not to mention the god damned "grandfathers of techno" Kraftwerk are playing. Stay tuned for everyone to see God during the Booka Shade and Boys Noize sets. You've got two acts that pumped everybody up last year back for those who might have missed them in Gogol Bordello and Justice. You've got tons of new buzz bands (that hopefully turn out better than Tokyo Police Club) in Vampire Weekend, Black Lips, etc. You've got some consistent big indie names in Death Cab, Rilo Kiley, My Morning Jacket, and the Racon-fucking-teurs who, no shit, rock your balls through your face. And the only price you have to pay for all of this non stop awesomeness is the slight possibility that you hear a little bit of "Bubble Toes" echoing through the air while you check out some act that you actually like on Friday night.
    Just saying, this is a pretty great lineup and I am considering killing myself since I won't be able to be there.
    it is funny what a act or two can do to the line up. My little brother and sister couldn't talk more crap about the line up when it 1st came now. Now with Aphex and Goldfrapp added they are scambling to get $$$ together to try and attened after all. I'll admit as well I was pretty underwhelmed with the line up after it was 1st released but after doing some homework and thinking "Fuck, you can't beat that Portishead/Kraftwerk combo" I went along with the ride. But really it was only the bro-ness of JJ that tainted Friday for me and I was just waiting for the add to Friday to get me going. And they couldn't have picked a better add. Fucking Aphex Twin was the reason I wanted to go to the 1st Coachella in 2001, only to be disappointed when he dropped out. Now things have come full circle. Think what you will of RDJ but you can bet your ass that he will have a huge crowd there to see him. Let the bros and the middle ground music goers have their Jack Johnson. Just leaves more room for me and my crew. Aphex Twin's set is where you will find the real music/coachella fans. And if any major musicians/artist/whatever is there, you can be sure to find them watching RDJ set. Whether it is Kraftwerk, Portishead, Roger Waters, Thom Yorke and Co., Maynard, whoever. All will be there to check it out. Whether they are a fan or just curious to see what is all the hubbub about. Just follow the skull-fucking drill and bass. But enough of my rants about Apehx, this is really shaping to be the best, most original, most diverse line up since 2004. Where else are you going to find such a diverse list of headliners? And the only sought after add this festival is missing is MBV. outside of them, we're just as good as any Euro festival now.
    Last edited by TeamCoachellaHellYeah; 03-22-2008 at 03:44 PM.

Totally agreed with malcomjamalawesome, except I'm going. I got some tiiiickets, and u can't haaaaaave none!
    I love music, and I hate vowels.

Coachella Junkie malcolmjamalawesome's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by msklvr View Post
    Totally agreed with malcomjamalawesome, except I'm going. I got some tiiiickets, and u can't haaaaaave none!
    I take back what I said. If this dickhead is going this will be the worst Coachella ever.
    Quote Originally Posted by ruetheday View Post
    I don't fucking care. I don't even know who the hell Dave Wang is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Devin the Dude View Post
    you used to be that guy that just Dave Wang's everybody. that guy. he's gone now, and whoever you really are showed up, and that was utter disappointment.

Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    I take back what I said. If this dickhead is going this will be the worst Coachella ever.
    Yeah, no one should go, because I'm a dickhead and I'll ruin your fun time with my dickheadishness.
    I love music, and I hate vowels.

oh yes

Quote Originally Posted by msklvr View Post
    Yeah, no one should go, because I'm a dickhead and I'll ruin your fun time with my dickheadishness.

Don't flatter yourself. There will be hundreds of dickheads there.
    Whiskey Sour

2 oz blended whiskey
    Juice of 1/2 lemon
    1/2 tsp powdered sugar
    1 cherry
    1/2 slice lemon

Shake blended whiskey, juice of lemon, and powdered sugar with ice and strain into a whiskey sour glass. Decorate with the half-slice of lemon, top with the cherry, and serve.

Quote Originally Posted by fatbastard View Post
    Don't flatter yourself. There will be hundreds of dickheads there.
    All watching JJ no doubt.

Quote Originally Posted by TeamCoachellaHellYeah View Post
    All watching JJ no doubt.
    where they belong!!

Don't forget Blonde Redhead, CSS, Explosions in the Sky, Travis, Of Montreal, Comedians of Comedy.

Basically Portishead is like Jarvis Cocker of last year, meaning I have to absolutely attend, even if only that day, or I'll die of a broken heart. I was highly disappointed at first, and I guess I still am but I'm more over it. It wasn't just Jack Johnson, it was seeing all those bands I'd drop into a volcano given the chance like Slightly Stoopid, The National, Madness (good riddance), Uffie, Vampire Weekend, My Morning Jacket, etc instead of bands I actually expected to see like My Bloody Valentine (fuck you, Kevin Shields), Feist, Asobi Seksu, BSS, A Tribe Called Quest, etc. And then pretty much everyone I knew said "FUCK NO I WON'T GO!" and I was hoping to be able to rent a house or something instead of camping alone like a loser again.

But I'm now just excited to be going. Aphex Twin was a nice surprise. Not really a fan of his music, but I'm a sucker for rare performances. And the free Amtrak train is fucking awesome. So there's some bands I really want to see, some I kind of want to see, and after the lineup announcement I found a few more bands I'm curious to check out. Artwork will be even better than ever, I bet. And for the first time I'll be seeing more than one set in the dance tent, surely (Daft Punk and one Madonna song don't count as two sets, lolz).

I'd probably rank the lineups like so:
    9/10 Swans @ Roxy, 9/17 Karen O at Masonic Lodge, 9/19 Tokimonsta @ El Rey, 9/20 Chvrches @ Tower Theatre, 9/30 Cibo Matto @ the Roxy, 10/3-4 Desert Stars, 10/9 Zola Jesus @ El Rey, 10/16 Massive Attack @ Greek Theater, 10/22-25 CMJ, 10/26 Asobi Seksu & Slowdive @ Royale

Quote Originally Posted by Boourns View Post
    I actually expected to see My Bloody Valentine (fuck you, Kevin Shields)
    being a huge fan of my bloody valentine myself, i also was surprised and saddened when they weren't on the lineup, but a part of me questions if they are even good live....i mean, loveless is a classic in every sense of the word (top three album of the 90's in my opinion) but there is some serious studio trickery on that album....it apparently took two years, nineteen studios, a shitload of engineers, and 250,00 pounds to produce (according to wiki)...how can they possibly reproduce that sound live???? i can't help but think that the reason they said no was because they are not very good live....also, no one has heard their new material...who knows if it's good....

also, the only band i really wish were on the lineup is broken social scene (or do make say think, feist, etc....) .....i've had many chances to see them and something always gets in the way.....ive heard they are AMAZING live....that would be an amazing add...

Im pretty stoked for the weekend... at least I was a little choked about the headliners and meh...but the smaller acts are so excellent. i think im gonna have so much fun this year...
    Upcoming Shows:
    Kasabian/Bo Ningen: 10/1 @ Metro
    Coachella: 4/10-12 @ Empire Polo Fields

Quote Originally Posted by Boourns View Post
    Madness (good riddance)
    Not cool man. You may not like thier music, but you have to at least respect them.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    And it's been long established that Chris hates fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatinisbad View Post
    I took my niece this year and it was her first Coachella. It was so fun to see it through her eyes. She thought it felt like a magical scene from Shreck. The one where all the fairy tale creatures meet for the first time in Shreck's swamp.

You sir are a bag of dicks

This is why it was so hard to understand when people started popping off when the original lineup was posted.

Coachella is like a big buffet. People said there wasn't enough Italian food then it wasn't enough Chinese food. You know what? You could eat all weekend and still not have time to taste everything. Quit your fuckin belly aching and eat up. There will be plenty for everyone!
    Whiskey Sour

2 oz blended whiskey
    Juice of 1/2 lemon
    1/2 tsp powdered sugar
    1 cherry
    1/2 slice lemon

Shake blended whiskey, juice of lemon, and powdered sugar with ice and strain into a whiskey sour glass. Decorate with the half-slice of lemon, top with the cherry, and serve.