Thread: Latitude Festival - UK

Default Latitude Festival - UK

There is a chance I may be going to this festival, but I've never heard of most of these acts! I don't know if they are comedians, poets, etc. or if they are just bands I've never heard of. Anyone know any of them? Anyone been to Latitude before?

Default Re: Latitude Festival - UK

Is that you with a faceful of titties in your avatar? Or your titties full of face?
    Quote Originally Posted by schoolofruckus View Post
    Look, your parenting is yours and Randy's business alone.
    Fans of TheLastGreatMan Accessory Shop

Its from Y Tu Mama Tambien.

So maybe they haven't released the full lineup for the musical arenas yet. Or I'm retarded and can't find it.

From DIS

The initial details of this year's Latitude festival were announced tonight (19 Mar).

The early list of bands scheduled to appear at the event in Henham Park, Suffolk is headed by Franz Ferdinand - as announced earlier, here - Sigur Ros and Interpol.

That weighty triumvirate will top the bill in the Obelisk Arena on the Friday, Saturday and Sunday respectively, while Death Cab for Cutie, M.I.A., The Breeders, Elbow and Amadou and Mariam all appear further down the card.

The Buzzcocks, Eli 'Paperboy' Reed and the True Loves, Barry Adamson and The Heavy all guest in Mark Lamarr's Music and Film Arena, while elsewhere a Penguin Classics Library and a Pimms Bar festooned in the middle of the lake will endeavour to keep fickle sods entertained.

Continuing to cosy up to Auntie, Nicholas Parsons' Just a Minute Radio 4 show will be broadcast live from the site and for some reason Dermot O'Leary will be there, too.

Running from the 17th 'til the 20th of July, weekend tickets for Latitude will cost you 130 plus booking fee from various nefarious agencies.
    Quote Originally Posted by JustSteve View Post
    well, for all intensive porpoises it is, will sell out within seconds tomorrow.
    Quote Originally Posted by korbinn View Post
    It's jsut dawned on me that I'm overly confident and a extremely ocd perfectionist.
    Quote Originally Posted by kroqken View Post
    I don't give a flying fuck about the Kardashians, I doubt they know who Belle and Sebastian are.

sounds very not exciting to me...
    Upcoming Shows:
    Kasabian/Bo Ningen: 10/1 @ Metro
    Coachella: 4/10-12 @ Empire Polo Fields

I want to hear about the Connect Festival 2008 lineup. Check out last year's lineup:

Off-topic, I know.
    7/26 Au Revoir Simone @ The Roxy, 8/1 Arcade Fire, the Unicorns, Dan Deacon at the Forum, 8/2 Burger a-Go-Go, @ Observatory, 8/9 Warpaint @ Observatory, 8/10 Warpaint @ The Ace, 8/23-24 FYF Fest, 9/11 Swans @ Roxy, 9/18 Neutral Milk Hotel @ Hollywood Bowl, 9/19 Chvrches @ Palladium, 9/30 Cibo Matto @ the Roxy, 10/9 Zola Jesus @ El Rey, 10/16 Massive Attack @ Greek Theater, 10/26 Asobi Seksu & Slowdive @ Royale

how about them Beasties and Jarvis Cocker, always playing festivals together...like that mexican one last week...
    Upcoming Shows:
    Kasabian/Bo Ningen: 10/1 @ Metro
    Coachella: 4/10-12 @ Empire Polo Fields

Quote Originally Posted by lindseyb View Post
    Its from Y Tu Mama Tambien.
    ... it'd be way cooler if you had the avatar I suggested instead. Just sayin'.
    Quote Originally Posted by schoolofruckus View Post
    Look, your parenting is yours and Randy's business alone.
    Fans of TheLastGreatMan Accessory Shop