Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SIRIUS - Left of Center

Default SIRIUS - Left of Center

Anyone else addicted to this channel on Sirius Satellite Radio?? They play pretty much all the coachella music and more. I find out about most of my indie rock through this channel. If i'm not listening to Howard Stern, I'm listening to Left Of Center!

Default Re: SIRIUS - Left of Center

Howard Stern's pretty boring these days.
    *based upon tedious fact checking.

Ok then u must not be a real fan..the show is better than ever without all the censorship. If you don't think eric the midget/actor isn't funny, then u just don't have a sense of humor!

It seems to be a great show whenever I;m traveling in a rental car and can get it. I've been impressed but not enough to buy new radio and subscribe. Just a pleasant surprise!

No, I used to be a big fan. He just kinda lost me during his last FM years where all he did was complain about the FCC and how his show would be awesome. Then he got to Sirius and it was just lackluster from all the hyping. Then he started taking vacations all the time, and Artie's gotten less and less funny.

Robin's been pretty useless all these years, too, other than a scapegoat for him to make fun of blacks and women.

Anyway, sorry i mentioned howard..that's another thread...Anyone like Left of Center????

i put it on when i am doing household chores. it's cool, though i think it's written somewhere in their contract that they need to play a sufjan stevens song every 45 mins. 'cos i sure hear him an awful lot.

XMU on XM is basically the same. That's what I got.

i prefer XM but I like the trashiness of Sirius having blog radio. Blog radio has some gems every so often.

Quote Originally Posted by Carlo Von Sexron View Post
    XMU on XM is basically the same. That's what I got.
    i love XM and i love XMU except for Toby the "Dean of Music" and her "Afterschool Special" that comes on around 4 or so every weekday. i think she just likes to listen to herself talk. she plays good music, but man, nobody cares that you think the boys from Clue to Kalo are hot.

also, her name is Toby.

Ugh...XM is not good. If you haven't tried sirius, u r missing it. I listened to all the rock channels on XM and they were lacking..big time. There is something better out there.

You should listen to The Monsters of the Morning. They rule my world.

good sounds also on BBC Radio One (channel 11), Chill (channel 35), Area 33 (channel 33) and the Coffee House (channel 30)

but yeah, most Coachella bands (past, present, future) can be heard whenever you tune in channel 26

and for the record, the Stern Show is the best its ever been

I'm very much into LOC. Got Sirius for Xmas, and I haven't looked back...

Banned

i have had sirius fro 3+ yrs and love it. stern is better than ever, the msuic channels are excellent ... a must buy u wont go back to regular radio...

Between LOC and KEXP out of Seattle, you needn't any other stations.

I subscribe to Sirius and I love Left of Center as well as Stern. I have also listened to XM plenty of times, and think XMU has nothing on Left of Center. I do have to agree that Sufjan gets played alot! on LOC but I don't mind...Last year, the entire weekend of Coachella, or at least the friday before, they played nothing but Coachella artists. It's a good listen. I'd also recommend Underground Garage and Backspin.

also faction and octane. A little hard attack is a good wake me up also. Stern sucks just waiting for Mancow's return to kick his ass again.

Quote Originally Posted by fortydollarsworthofmeat View Post
    i love XM and i love XMU except for Toby the "Dean of Music" and her "Afterschool Special" that comes on around 4 or so every weekday. i think she just likes to listen to herself talk. she plays good music, but man, nobody cares that you think the boys from Clue to Kalo are hot.

also, her name is Toby.
    Ugh...I can't stand Tobi. She's such an indie music snob/prick. Hate to break it to you Tobi, but Pinback isn't the world's greatest band. In 05 she did interviews with artists at Coachella and she was talking to a guy from Pinback, and she asked what bands he was excited to see. His reply (in a prick tone of voice): "No one really. Im just so jaded and nothing really impresses me." What?! You're in Pinback, man! Then Tobi replies in her nasally snob voice: "Yeah..I totally know what you mean." Made me sick.

As for XM vs Sirius...I'll never leave XM so long as they have the MLB rights. I'm a diehard St. Louis Cardinals fan, and I love listening to the games here in Phoenix. And MLB Home Plate is great, too.

vinylmartyr

I'm never listening to pinback again.

Quote Originally Posted by beerbyatch View Post
    It seems to be a great show whenever I;m traveling in a rental car and can get it. I've been impressed but not enough to buy new radio and subscribe. Just a pleasant surprise!
    yeah. if i'm in a rental i'll put it on LOC right away. otherwise I don't bother.

I wonder if XMU and Left of Center will both stayt on the air if SIrius and XM merge. I think the merger will not go through due to too much organized oppositon.

Quote Originally Posted by kroqken View Post
    I wonder if XMU and Left of Center will both stayt on the air if SIrius and XM merge. I think the merger will not go through due to too much organized oppositon.
    I work at Circuit City... What I've gotten from my Sat Radio reps is that nothing will be "lost" other than the identical channels such as the decades and espn...things like that obviously won't have two channels.

As far as the XMU vs. LOC debate. I like them both in different ways. XMU as a wider variety of tunes and generes. You will rarely hear the same song within an 8 hour period (my work day) on XMU. LOC, however, sticks to the indie "rock" mainly and dosen't really break out into the underground hip-hop and edm like XMU. What they do have going for them is that it's not just "new" music... they break into the archives fairly regularly! All in all you can't go wroong in my mind... they are both leaps and bounds ahead of ANY fm channel out there. It's worth $12/mo.
    MY SISTER IN 1994

Yeah I think they're most likely merging. Sirius is sort of cool. I like how you can get Sirius through Dish Network. Not that I have Dish Network atm, but I did.

I'd like to work for the Sirius people. Too bad their hiring website is a wasteland and what you submit probably rots in a database somewhere.

Anyone listen to Lithium (24)? That is seriously challenging Chill for the best music station on Sirius.

Quote Originally Posted by dorkfish View Post
    No, I used to be a big fan. He just kinda lost me during his last FM years where all he did was complain about the FCC and how his show would be awesome. Then he got to Sirius and it was just lackluster from all the hyping. Then he started taking vacations all the time, and Artie's gotten less and less funny.

Robin's been pretty useless all these years, too, other than a scapegoat for him to make fun of blacks and women.
    I think Artie getting less funny is a direct correlation to his going sober...

Lithium rocks! Its all the music I grew up with!

Area 33 is still my #1 though!

lowfront

Howard is better then ever...

Quote Originally Posted by kingsblend420 View Post
    I think Artie getting less funny is a direct correlation to his going sober...
    And becoming ginormous.

Quote Originally Posted by lowfront View Post
    Howard is better then ever...
    Howard's pretty irrelevent these days. He did a lot of creative groundbreaking work in the past and handbuilt the genre, but he basically calls in a show and is running on autopilot until his last paycheck. All the hype about how he'd pioneer satellite radio was without merit based on his current show. It's at best exactly like his lesser end of FM radio career shows with occasional swearing instead of griping about FCC.