Thread: what time at night does coachella end?

Default what time at night does coachella end?

I ask this since I am planning on going just on saturday. I wanted to know if anyone knows what time coachella usually starts and ends on saturday. By starting I mean, what time do the performances start/end at? I want to know so we can find out what time the driver should stop drinking in order to be able to avoid getting a DUI. Any info about the starting/closing times would be much appreciated thanks.

Cliffs: what time does coachella usually start/end performances on saturday?

Default Re: what time at night does coachella end?

ends around midnight to 12:30, then possibly an hour or two in the parking lot.

thanks dude, I think we are just going to wing it and buy some tickets through some scalpers. If anyone knows of anyone/place selling tickets for saturday, be sure to shoot me a PM. I need 4! thanks juststeve!

Just look at the tickets section dude. Whats on Saturday?

Let me get this right...
    You are paying someone to drive you to and from Coachella.
    This person who will be paid by someone to drive you will also be drinking while he is waiting for you.
    Amazing....someone has got more money than brains.
    Why not get a driver for both of you?
    Coachella ends around midnight but the party never ends.

I think he's saying the driver will be with him

Quote Originally Posted by Suffacated View Post
    Let me get this right...
    This person who will be paid by someone to drive you will also be drinking while he is waiting for you.
    I am not paying anybody anything to drive me anywhere. Where are you getting all this from? Stop assuming please! It's a group of us and we are all of age... Meaning we can still have a little alcohol in us and still be able to drive legally. I am by no means getting plastered... I just want to know, so I can get an idea to know when to stop drinking so I am below the limit by the time I get behind the wheel... I have NEVER gotten behind the wheel while intoxicated, and nor do I ever plan too. Seen way to many families affected by the idiots that do... SO please, calm down. I don't have that much money either, I am a college student...So your wrong on that ASSumption as well.

Quote Originally Posted by JClemy View Post
    Just look at the tickets section dude. Whats on Saturday?
    my favs, kraftwerk, mia, hot chip, boyz noise, akronfamily, mgmt, sebastion, and uffie. can't wait. Already seen most of the other "headliners" such as justice.

anyways...

usually starts around 12:00/12:30pm... usually lets out around midnight... but don't expect to REALLY get off the grounds/parking lot before 1am or so...

plus, reguarding DUI's, there's gonna be 60,000 people leaving the same time as you, so unless you're really obnoxious or crashing into cop cars, they aren't gonna have time to take notice... and the idea of a breathalizer check at the exit of the polo grounds would be ridiculous... they'd still be checking cars as people are coming back for Sunday's show... hehe

yeah but I don't want to chance it at all, I am already going to be taking the chance of scalping tickets, don't need to be increasing my chances of getting arrested at ALL that night! only want to have fun!

duh... unless you're really being obnoxious or overtly obvious (like asking cops if they need any tickets) no one's gonna care you're scalping or drinking, trust me...

besides, it's only illegal to scalp if you're asking for more than the ticket price...

and there's gonna be approx. 45,000-50,000 other drunk people leaving at the same time, it's easy odds...

Quote Originally Posted by nbvwes View Post
    there's gonna be approx. 45,000-50,000 other drunk people leaving at the same time
    Yes, even though 16,000 people camp onsite, the other 102%-113% get hammered before they drive home.

Maybe it's just me, but I see hardly any drunks in the fest outside of the beer gardens. I'm sure plenty of people have a little buzz, but...

Quote Originally Posted by M Sparks View Post
    Yes, even though 16,000 people camp onsite, the other 102%-113% get hammered before they drive home. ...
    picky, picky, picky... you know what i meant... sorry i was off by 2-12%, jeez...

also, keep in mind a sell out is 65,000 and i only said 45,000-50,000 would be drinking, so i still fell into your parameters of 65,000 sell out minus 16,000 campers = 49,000 hmm and i said 45-50 didn't i?

prick.

Yeah, I don't really see that many drunk people at Coachella. I think its just too damn hot for most people. In fact, I can't recall seeing or conversing with anyone that was drunk in the actual grounds. Seen people drinking in the campsite but that's it.
    The White Stripes 9/18

Quote Originally Posted by nbvwes View Post
    picky, picky, picky... you know what i meant... sorry i was off by 2-12%, jeez...

also, keep in mind a sell out is 65,000 and i only said 45,000-50,000 would be drinking, so i still fell into your parameters of 65,000 sell out minus 16,000 campers = 49,000 hmm and i said 45-50 didn't i?
    Sell out is 60,000.

But that's beside the point. You're implying that EVERYONE comes out drunk, which I would take issue with, both from experience (not running into very many drunks at the fest) and because I don't. Actually, you're implying that everyone DRIVES HOME drunk.

EDIT- Actually, you're not even implying it. You're just saying it. And you didn't even try to say "I'm exaggerating...lighten up." Because I was just joking around, and thought you were. You not only took it seriously, you tried to defend your math.

Yeah, I'm the prick. Go drive into a cement wall.
    Last edited by M Sparks; 03-17-2008 at 12:46 PM. Reason: I hate drunk cunts.

who said anything about being serious??

what time at night does coachella end?
    That seems like a pretty serious question to me but what do I know?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Suffacated View Post
    Let me get this right...
    He (she) is most likely some brat who saw the word "driver" and immediately thought of a person who makes a living driving people. Who's the idiot with less brains than money now?

awesome, thanks for the help guys/gals. I have never been to coachella, but will be going this saturday. Renting a SUV and heading out with 4-6 heads. SHOULD BE A BLAST! I can't wait! Even though it's still about a month away!! OOOHH snapzzzz!!! good times awaiting, plus I am also going to bonnaroo! Can't wait!!! this summer is going to be one one for the ages!