Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Crowd Surfing

Default Re: Crowd Surfing

Quote Originally Posted by methehappymedium View Post
    So when it came my turn I was groped and molested then I flashed the audience a glimpse of my underwear then my untied shoe FELL off and I was finally crowd surfed to the front where the security guard dropped me and i fell flat on the floor.
    I left behind my dignity and one shoe that night.
    However, it was the best night...ever.
    Hmmm, I'd be happy to grope and molest you if it makes you happy.

Call me...

Phil x

Quote Originally Posted by malomakaio- View Post
    i thought Alex Kapranos was dating the girl from The Fiery Furnaces?

Yeah I'm pretty sure he is.
    2005, 2007, 2011, 2012 W1, 2012 W2, 2013 W1, 2013 W2, 2014 W1, 2014 W2 and SOON 2015 W1 & 2015 W2!!

There are times when crowd surfing is the only way out. Heat exhaustion can take a turn for the worse and climbing your way out the back can be extremely difficult (although you'd think people wouldn't mind getting a little closer by people trying to leave their spot.) I've only ever crowd-surfed once because of heat exhaustion, but I've seen small girls/women who are doing it as well to get out.
    Don't get me wrong, I really don't like having to worry about getting kicked in the head and/or having someone dropped on me (it's unpleasant to say the least) and it's really annoying when people keep doing it, or when really really large people do it...

I don't know, it's a contradictory thing I guess... most of the time you can tell when someone is needing it for good reason or if they are just doing it for fun...

yeah, you can if someone is doing it because they need to get out I'm fine with that but you can distinguish between those who are doing it for fun and those who are doing it to escape.

when i was like 13/5'2" i went to a show where all these old guys were regarding me as some sort of a stepstool to crowdsurfing. it was terrible. ergo, huge idiot crowdsurfers with big clunky shoes make me cranky. If they are like 100 pound tiny girls in flip flops, i could care less.

did it back in 05' during NIN

Coachella resolution for 2007:
    Any idiot crowd surfers will have their shoes taken away.

Have fun walking out of Coachella at the end with all those water bottles on the ground!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by sighlent View Post
    you must be a troll or an idiot.

People still crowd surf? I hardly ever see moshing anymore, but crowd surfing? I didn't even know such a thing happened at Coachella.

Quote Originally Posted by frijolesdelaolla View Post
    if you like Alek Kapranos so much, why dont you marry him and have *** babies with the bastard.
    more like ducheoles

Member John Peel is My Co-pilot's Avatar

"And I'm tall, and have been kicked in the face many many times."

That explains SO much!

I was at the A Perfect Circle concert and was getting really faint, everything was getting fuzzy and muted and I guess some nice gentlemen next to me noticed and brought me up on top. I ended up "surfing" out. I'm just lucky someone at the end caught me...lol.
    Peace, Love and Coachella.

Quote Originally Posted by E-rock View Post
    Coachella resolution for 2007:
    Any idiot crowd surfers will have their shoes taken away.

Have fun walking out of Coachella at the end with all those water bottles on the ground!!!
    Wow. Just wow.

"Positive spirit" my ass.
    Hugs are free.

Man I used to do that at punk rock shows all the time, cause the same kids would keep surfing and it pissed me off..

Crowd surfing is the shit, just not at Coachella. I tried during Tool and 5 feet later I was making love to the ground. This girl(hot ukrainian) that went with us 06 made love to some guys elbow and lost 2 teeth. She was so happy from seeing massive attack that she didnt care. Poor girl didnt have dental insurance, so she's still sportin the gap. If any of your reading this post camp at Mecca State Beach park this year, ill interduce you .

vinylmartyr

Crowd surf near me and I'll cut you from toe to tit.

heh... no worries, not after tool. u can cut my tit though

I stopped crowd surfing after I got dropped headfirst on the concrete at a punk show. Thats always a good reason to stop. Its only kool when you actually get to stagedive anyways, unless you get dropped on your head.
    I go to shows and festivals.
    Photos.
    http://www.facebook.com/photos.php?id=174734597279
    Over 1000 youtube videos from concerts
    http://http://www.youtube.com/thefestivalninja

Quote Originally Posted by apachedino View Post
    There is an art to crowd surfing, mostly keep your feet up so you DON'T kick people int he head and go with the flow. I really like it but haven't gone for awhile. It happens at shows so deal with it and don't let it ruin your time, just keep a look out when everyone else around you starts moving to catch someone. Don't let people fall either that just is a shty attitude. If you don't like it then you don't like concerts and shouldn't go.
    There is definitely an art to it and it sucks when you you end up underneath someone who doesn't know what they're doing or is just plain inconsiderate. The only time I've ever kicked someone in the head is when the asshole fuck unsuccesfully tried to take my shoe... just saying.

Whether or not it's "part of the show" I think depends on what kind of show you're going to. Personally I'm afraid of just how violent the pit will get during Rage... I'll probably be keeping a safe distance from it, but who knows if the crowd seems cordial I might join in.

Quote Originally Posted by bartelby View Post
    are you kidding? crowd surfing is in no way 'part of a show'...its just some stupid thing that got started in the 90s...it was cool for about 5 mins
    You are mistaken here because Iggy Pop was doing it back in the late 60's early 70's with The Stooges and all through the 80's moshing, surfing and stage diving were staples of harcore shows. Like I said it depends on the kind of show your at. I pretty much expect to come home sore or with bruises after certain shows whether I participate in the ruckus or not.
    Last edited by doctashock; 02-15-2007 at 01:05 AM.
    thealternakids.com - Huge Coachella Preview with downloadable streams from over 70 acts playing this year

Crowd surfing didn't start in the '90s, what the fuck you talking bout? wwatch any any old scholl bands music video, like pantera, judas priest, megadeth etc. of their concert footage and you'll see some major crowd surfing and stage diving. And thats alll from the '80s

Lurker

crowd surfer suck, and i try to avoid condoning the action by helping people. besides, i cant even reach most crowd surfers because i am short. But if i could reach the people i wouldnt help them anyway... or at least steal a shoe.

Quote Originally Posted by nahuatldream View Post
    i let them fall. yeah, i'm a bastard. i even give them an extra shove as they fall so it hurts more.
    that's funny

Sucks having to keep looking behind you (away from the act) worrying about some punk not just fall on you, but getting thrown on your neck. That shit hurts when you're not looing for it. I let em drop, not on their face but get the fuck down and get your damn shoe out of my mouth so I can watch the show I payed to see.

This is how you do it.............

Quote Originally Posted by suprefan View Post
    This is how you do it.............

hahaha LOL F@#$ING hilarious
    "conversation is a game of circles and i'm getting dizzy-- bye"

Quote Originally Posted by Adam2uBer View Post
    ........But if I see a pair of titties later that night...I'll be happy.
    You trully are a wise beyond your years.
    A really nice pair (or really just a regular one......who am I kidding, just any kind) make up for any wrong that has been suffered.

Crowd surfing is like doing the wave at a stadium. It's like yesterday's music. It's like RATM. Old school.
    Quote Originally Posted by SepaGroove View Post
    You shouldn't feel uncool for not going to EDC, you should feel uncool because you are uncool.

tru dat
    The Glitter Freeze

Coachella 99-10 Vet, the run has ended in 2011

Crowd surfing is reserved for Lollapaloozers
    The Glitter Freeze

Coachella 99-10 Vet, the run has ended in 2011

Quote Originally Posted by JustSteve View Post
    we have a rule for crowdsurfers--if they pass by or over us we take off their shoes and toss 'em. have fun walking around barefoot the rest of the time, ass!
    i'm adopting this method as my own. thanks.

I hate crowd surfers. When I was younger and went to my first show ever I did it a few times because I got lifted by a guy bigger than me. I've done it a few times when the crowd started jumping and I've gotten popped up by getting squeezed out of the ground(just no where left for me to go back to the ground). I understand when people do it to get out but other than that it sucks. I had a friend who got a concussion at Weezer because a crowd surfer landed on his head. Crowd surfers can ruin a good show. Me and some of my friends always team up and when a crowd surfer comes we try to throw them over the front barricade if we're close enough. It's pretty funny when they hit the security and knock them down.

edit: the shoe thing is fun too. My friend who is 100 lbs soaking wet refuses to crowd surf because he knows how much it sucks.