Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Crowd Surfing

Talking Crowd Surfing

For about 1 hour my friends and I pushed through the main stage crowd and got to the second row of Franz Ferdinand [pretty sweet!!!]. We were having an amazing time but sadly Franz's act was over and before we knew it crazy Depech Mode fans started rushing in and we don't like Depech Mode and we were short of breath after being squeezed/smushed by everyone around us. So up my friend went to be crowd surfed to the front. Then my other friend went. And I was all by my lonesome. I unfortunatley was wearing a dress (in hopes of seducing Alex Kapranos although he is gay) and my shoe was untied. So when it came my turn I was groped and molested then I flashed the audience a glimpse of my underwear then my untied shoe FELL off and I was finally crowd surfed to the front where the security guard dropped me and i fell flat on the floor.
    I left behind my dignity and one shoe that night.
    However, it was the best night...ever. AND, Franz was amazing.

vinylmartyr

Default Re: Crowd Surfing

I was standing beside Alex Kapranos for Animal Collective.

Quote Originally Posted by vinylmartyr View Post
    I was standing beside Alex Kapranos for Animal Collective.
    if you like Alek Kapranos so much, why dont you marry him and have *** babies with the bastard.

Crowd surfing is stupid.
    Especially when people start surfing from the back towards the front. I don't want some worthless shit being dropped on my head, which has happened to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by thaipod View Post
    I raped three children, did heroin, harrassed a horse, set fire to an emo kid, and stole a cart of churros.

THIS TRULY IS THE LAND OF THE FREE!!!

Banned

lol @ dropped on your head

Pay attention next time, ace.

E

jeez just tellin a story...

lowfront

crowd surfing is one of the coolest experiences. I just hate people that don't stop doing it. A couple times never hurt.

i let them fall. yeah, i'm a bastard. i even give them an extra shove as they fall so it hurts more.
    Upcoming: 04/11/14-04/13/14 - Coachella Weekend One; 04/18/14-04/20/14 - Coachella Weekend Two; 08/19/14 - NIN/Soundgarden (Isleta Amphitheater - Albuquerque, NM)

vinylmartyr

I got kicked hard in the head by a chick at a NIN show during the Downward Spiral tour at the Omni in Atlanta. After that I decided to stay away from moshers and crowd surfers if I can help it.

Quote Originally Posted by DeltaSigChi4 View Post
    lol @ dropped on your head

Pay attention next time, ace.

E
    No, fuck that. I'm not going to pay attention to dumbfucks behind me when the attraction is obviously in front of me.

This is what I hate about concerts...having to worry about my own safety because some fat cocksuckers are "having fun" and end up hurting people. Fuckheads like that ruin good experiences. But if I see a pair of titties later that night...I'll be happy.
    Quote Originally Posted by thaipod View Post
    I raped three children, did heroin, harrassed a horse, set fire to an emo kid, and stole a cart of churros.

THIS TRULY IS THE LAND OF THE FREE!!!

crowd surfing is fuckin stupid and people always end up getting kicked in the face... so archaic and retarded...
    ~EJR~

Quote Originally Posted by Adam2uBer View Post
    No, fuck that. I'm not going to pay attention to dumbfucks behind me when the attraction is obviously in front of me.

This is what I hate about concerts...having to worry about my own safety because some fat cocksuckers are "having fun" and end up hurting people. Fuckheads like that ruin good experiences. But if I see a pair of titties later that night...I'll be happy.
    I second that, I fucking HATE crowd surfers at concerts. Your just standing there trying *gasp* actually watch the band thats playing then some retard fucking drops on your head. If your really close to the front paying attention isnt an option as a lot of the time you can't move let along turn around to see whats coming behind you.

lowfront

Crowd surfing is part of a show. Sure you can be upset that you just got kicked in the head but thats part of the show.

You go to a concert, there's gonna be people crowed surfing. So you can be a dick and throw them to the ground, or you could just accept that your at a FCKING concert.

There is an art to crowd surfing, mostly keep your feet up so you DON'T kick people int he head and go with the flow. I really like it but haven't gone for awhile. It happens at shows so deal with it and don't let it ruin your time, just keep a look out when everyone else around you starts moving to catch someone. Don't let people fall either that just is a shty attitude. If you don't like it then you don't like concerts and shouldn't go.

Quote Originally Posted by lowfront View Post
    Crowd surfing is part of a show. Sure you can be upset that you just got kicked in the head but thats part of the show.

You go to a concert, there's gonna be people crowed surfing. So you can be a dick and throw them to the ground, or you could just accept that your at a FCKING concert.
    are you kidding? crowd surfing is in no way 'part of a show'...its just some stupid thing that got started in the 90s...it was cool for about 5 mins

we have a rule for crowdsurfers--if they pass by or over us we take off their shoes and toss 'em. have fun walking around barefoot the rest of the time, ass!

Quote Originally Posted by bartelby View Post
    are you kidding? crowd surfing is in no way 'part of a show'...its just some stupid thing that got started in the 90s...it was cool for about 5 mins
    That explains why people are still doing it eh?
    Risk it for the Bi$cuit

Quote Originally Posted by fober View Post
    If Willie Nelson even remembers he's playing Coachella come late April we should all be thankful.

I bet you people that are glorifying crowd surfing are short, try being vaguely tall and dealing with crowd surfers. Not fun.

What's all the crying 'bout...the likely ness that someone is gonna surf you is smaller than winning the fucking lottery!!!

Quote Originally Posted by hangthedj112 View Post
    I bet you people that are glorifying crowd surfing are short, try being vaguely tall and dealing with crowd surfers. Not fun.

Try being short and having a wall of stretches infront of you that won't budge an inch...those are the worse assholes ever

Quote Originally Posted by el_harderino View Post
    That explains why people are still doing it eh?
    barely....i think i saw one person doing it last year - he didn't last long either...

Quote Originally Posted by bartelby View Post
    barely....i think i saw one person doing it last year - he didn't last long either...
    What are you worried about then? Quit complaining and get the fuck off this thread. Oui?
    Risk it for the Bi$cuit

Quote Originally Posted by fober View Post
    If Willie Nelson even remembers he's playing Coachella come late April we should all be thankful.

Quote Originally Posted by apachedino View Post
    If you don't like it then you don't like concerts and shouldn't go.
    The only way I'm cool with crowd surfing is if Wayne Coyne crowd surfs over me in a plastic buble other then that I hate it. Crowd surfing sucks. I don't think anyone enjoys it when somebody crowd surfs over them. I'm trying to enjoy the show and some selfish asshole has to ruin that song by crowd surfing over me.

Lurker

last year I was able to practicing crowd surfing in the Madonna's Show

Quote Originally Posted by lowfront View Post
    Part of the show? Really? Can I kick you in the head then?

Like a lot of other posters I take issue with crowd-surfing, I've got friends that do it and they say "it feels like you're flying". You wanna fly? How about you go snort some coke? That'll make you feel like your flying as well, and it will fuck with your head rather than mine.

Concerts are social events, as such have some consideration of the people around you, if your comfortable getting dropped on your ass from 6ft in the air then feel free to surf. However if you come across a skinny guy in a kilt you better find a different route to the front, cause I ain't supporting your ass.
    Monkey with a miniature cymbal...

i thought Alex Kapranos was dating the girl from The Fiery Furnaces?

lowfront

Why is it that when someone crowd surfs over me I make sure he doesn't fall and you guys drop him on purpose. I think you have some serious issues with anger.

I have never in my life thought of crowd surfers as assholes unless there's one dumbass that doesn't stop doing it.

And I'm tall, and have been kicked in the face many many times.

Cool Re: Crowd Surfing

Quote Originally Posted by hangthedj112 View Post
    I second that! I'm tall (for a girl) and don't appreciate doc martin road burns on my face just because I want to get a good look at whatever band is playing. And shouldn't there be a weight restriction on crowd surfing. No offense to any of you big boned people, but gravity just doesn't work in your favor.
    I'm starving... let's get some f*ckin french toast!

my friend and i crowd surfed once. and that was only to get away from this guy who kept licking our shoulders. trust me, we had no other choice.

If you Play it Right.. it's a Good way to get up Front.. i did it at Slayer a few times. Have a wicked Little Flail all the way up to the front then right b4 security reaches to Grab you and Throw you on your Head you become a Popsicle Stick and slip into the Crowd.. ppl Diddn't even mind.. they were like "nice work". it had been on my "List of Things to do Before i Die" since i first Saw Wayne's World. Crowd Surfing Rules.