Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 171819202122

Thread: Pemberton BC Festival! Lineup will blow your mind!

Default Re: Pemberton BC Festival! Lineup will blow your mind!

Holy shit, I do not believe it!
    Upcoming Shows:
    Kasabian/Bo Ningen: 10/1 @ Metro
    Coachella: 4/10-12 @ Empire Polo Fields

they had a killer lineup to start off with, so im looking forward to see what they do with this again...
    Quote Originally Posted by TallGuyCM View Post
    ICYMI: Today the two board members with the most questionable approach to music held mirrors up to each other; no one learned a thing and nothing will change.

August 23/24 - FYF Fest - Expo park
    October 3/4 - Desert Stars - Pioneertown
    October 17 - Massive Attack - SB Bowl
    November 8 - Slowdive - Theater at Ace
    November 9 - Slowdive - Theater at Ace
    April 10/11/12 - Coachella wknd 1 - Indio

The same people who produce Hangout Music Festival in Alabama are running this so I would keep your expectations low.

If you read the FAQ it sounds like they've addressed almost every single issue that was terrible with 2008. Mhm.... 5 stages as well this time... I look forward to seeing the lineup.
    Upcoming Shows:
    Kasabian/Bo Ningen: 10/1 @ Metro
    Coachella: 4/10-12 @ Empire Polo Fields

Oh Jesus I'm having flashbacks.

What issues are they addressing? Are they going to shackle up their security personnel to keep them from running the fuck away before the festival even starts? Will people be able to drive up to the camping area itself so everybody's not stranded on the airport tarmac for 8 hours in the blaring sun with no water or porta potties? Will they have sufficient trash receptacles so I don't have to watch The Flaming Lips standing in front of stinkyass pile of garbage taller than I am? Will they somehow ensure that people don't dump literally tons of garbage from the festival onto tribal lands in the days following the fest? What about the fact that there's one teeny tiny road on which to get to the festival and last time 'we' caused a major landslide on it two days after everyone left the scene?

I'll get around to the FAQ and I hope they do fix some of this stuff but some of these issues just don't seem feasible to fix unless they expand the hell out of the grounds and spend a shitton more money.

Edit: Wow, paul, you're right--major changes. Dance tent open on all sides (waited for 4 hours to see MSTRKRFT last time and got in for the last 3 seconds of the set), doubled the size of the location, widening of the Sea to Sky Highway (forgot they did that during the Olympics) etc. Too bad I've told too many horror stories over the years that probably no one will want to go with me in the future if I do decide to brave it...
    Last edited by yeahfontaine; 09-25-2013 at 01:50 PM.

old school

Quote Originally Posted by paulb View Post
    If you read the FAQ it sounds like they've addressed almost every single issue that was terrible with 2008. Mhm.... 5 stages as well this time... I look forward to seeing the lineup.
    Which FAQ talked about the dust?

How about competing with the July Sasquatch that happens 2 weeks earlier and Squamish that happens 2 weeks after? Live Nation will block "their" acts and staging/crew from participating. Virgin Fest Vancouver had similar issues with over paying acts and having to ship a stage up from California.

There were a couple acts in 2008 who had to arrive backstage via motorcycle since their vehicles were stuck in traffic.

Okay let's see... Rock The Shores in Victoria in mid June... Sasquatch II early July... Pemberton mid-July... Squamish in August... Rifflandia in Victoria in September... That's a lot of multi-day festivals in the span of 2 and a half months up here.

I've always wanted Pemberton to return, but I'm going to reserve judgment until a lineup is out. My hope is that this launch party reveals a headliner or something... Otherwise, why announce its return now?
    My main concert footage YouTube Channel
    http://www.youtube.com/magmazing

My Backup channel: http://www.youtube.com/magmazingmusic

My website: http://www.magmazingmusic.com

old school

Quote Originally Posted by magmazing View Post
    Okay let's see... Rock The Shores in Victoria in mid June... Sasquatch II early July... Pemberton mid-July... Squamish in August... Rifflandia in Victoria in September... That's a lot of multi-day festivals in the span of 2 and a half months up here.

I've always wanted Pemberton to return, but I'm going to reserve judgment until a lineup is out. My hope is that this launch party reveals a headliner or something... Otherwise, why announce its return now?
    You forgot Bumbershoot and to a lesser extent events in Alberta like Sonic Boom. Trying to most of them all would hit $3,000 per person quite quickly.

Pemberton is selling $200 "early bird" passes with exclusive perks.

Is the Courtney/Comox valley "Big Time Out" festival usually in mid August officially dead yet? 2013 was a year off.

Quote Originally Posted by Bumblebee View Post
    You forgot Bumbershoot and to a lesser extent events in Alberta like Sonic Boom. Trying to most of them all would hit $3,000 per person quite quickly.

Pemberton is selling $200 "early bird" passes with exclusive perks.

Is the Courtney/Comox valley "Big Time Out" festival usually in mid August officially dead yet? 2013 was a year off.
    The Big Time Out still doesn't have a venue. I haven't heard anything about it for a very long time.
    My main concert footage YouTube Channel
    http://www.youtube.com/magmazing

My Backup channel: http://www.youtube.com/magmazingmusic

My website: http://www.magmazingmusic.com