Page 5 of 38 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: APHEX TWIN!!!

Default Re: APHEX TWIN!!!

Redd Kross are amazing...I am really surprised to see them on the line-up. GV must have looked at my Create a Festival poster and realized that Redd Kross needed to be added.
    I wouldn't put it pass them.

Quote Originally Posted by Aphxtwinin View Post
    im pretty sure that GV would make sure, contractually and with some sort of penalty if he didnt show, that he showed up. i mean the first time was in 2001 which is Coachella's 2nd year...im sure they have learned a lot since then in terms of securing artists to play.
    i would imagine thats why he is getting added now. i mean it could be entirely unrelated, but it makes sense to me that after 2001 they would take the time to make sure shit is legit.

Quote Originally Posted by betao View Post
    Maybe not the set times, but i'm sure GV has an idea of the way they want things to run by this point.
    Main:
    Jack Johnson 2:59-3:00
    The Verve 3:25-3:30
    Aphex Twin 3:55-4:00
    Slightly Stoopid 4:20(LOLZ OMG 420)-12:00

That would be epic.
    7/26 Au Revoir Simone @ The Roxy, 8/1 Arcade Fire, the Unicorns, Dan Deacon at the Forum, 8/2 Burger a-Go-Go, @ Observatory, 8/9 Warpaint @ Observatory, 8/10 Warpaint @ The Ace, 8/23-24 FYF Fest, 9/11 Swans @ Roxy, 9/18 Neutral Milk Hotel @ Hollywood Bowl, 9/19 Chvrches @ Palladium, 9/30 Cibo Matto @ the Roxy, 10/9 Zola Jesus @ El Rey, 10/16 Massive Attack @ Greek Theater, 10/26 Asobi Seksu & Slowdive @ Royale

Coachella Junkie

Quote Originally Posted by Boourns View Post
    Main:
    Jack Johnson 2:59-3:00
    The Verve 3:25-3:30
    Aphex Twin 3:55-4:00
    Slightly Stoopid 4:20(LOLZ OMG 420)-12:00

That would be epic.
    Jack Johnson is playing too long.

Quote Originally Posted by thelastgreatman View Post
    No, I quoted two posts that reacted with "OH, the conflicts now..."

That's twatty. You have no possible way of predicting whether there will be any or what conflicts if so. It's just board twatness.

I agree with the twatness. First with all the complaining about wanting additions, and then complaining because there ARE additions and you don't want them to conflict with anything else. Jesus Christ.
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Arcade FIre are a bunch of dicks, Deadmau5 is a dick, bands are dicks, David Bowie sucks dicks, Daft Punk is two human buttholes with semen for brains (that was loaded into a butthole from a dick that grew out of their moms), we're all dicks that fucked our moms assholes, God is going to put a giant dick down and fuck our mouths

remember this is all a cycle, no matter what happens, it's always gonna be this way.

p.s. i forgot to say

FUCCCCK YEAAAH.

my brother is all bummed on his life now. bwahaha. fools.

I aprove this message. ^^^

FUCCCCCK YEAAAH.
    Coachella 06, 07, 08, 09, 10, 11
    Lollapalooza 95, 96, 97, 03, 08
    Rock The Bells 07, 09, 10
    Sasquatch 10
    Bonnaroo 09
    Vegoose 07, RIP
    Mile High 09

Upcoming Shows
    6/9 - Deftones/Dillenger | 6/10 - Cake | 6/17 - Buckethead | 6/28 - Glitch Mob | 7/25 - APC | 7/30 - LA Rising (Rage, Muse, Lauryn Hill, Rise Against) | 8/12 - Cut//Copy

Coachella Junkie

Damn.

Coachella seriously just raised the bar for every US festival this year. This is why they are the best at what they do. How many other festivals in the states this year will get Portishead? Aphex Twin? These are their first shows in the US since god knows when. And to top it all off, you've got the legendary Kraftwerk, The Verve (how many other US shows are they doing this year?), and Fatboy Slim. And don't even get me started on the undercards.

I must say, hats off to you Paul and GV. You guys have clearly worked hard for us, and have managed to deliver yet another impressive/original Coachella lineup. Bravo.

I just added the Aphex Twin album I have to my Coachella 2008 playlist, which felt really weird in the awesome kind of way. I'm rather excited to see such a rare performer.
    7/26 Au Revoir Simone @ The Roxy, 8/1 Arcade Fire, the Unicorns, Dan Deacon at the Forum, 8/2 Burger a-Go-Go, @ Observatory, 8/9 Warpaint @ Observatory, 8/10 Warpaint @ The Ace, 8/23-24 FYF Fest, 9/11 Swans @ Roxy, 9/18 Neutral Milk Hotel @ Hollywood Bowl, 9/19 Chvrches @ Palladium, 9/30 Cibo Matto @ the Roxy, 10/9 Zola Jesus @ El Rey, 10/16 Massive Attack @ Greek Theater, 10/26 Asobi Seksu & Slowdive @ Royale

Damn.

Coachella seriously just raised the bar for every US festival this year. This is why they are the best at what they do. How many other festivals in the states this year will get Portishead? Aphex Twin? These are their first shows in the US since god knows when. And to top it all off, you've got the legendary Kraftwerk, The Verve (how many other US shows are they doing this year?), and Fatboy Slim. And don't even get me started on the undercards.

I must say, hats off to you Paul and GV. You guys have clearly worked hard for us, and have managed to deliver yet another impressive/original Coachella lineup. Bravo.
    srsly.

Quote Originally Posted by STALINZZZ View Post
    srsly.
    Double srsly.
    Upcoming Shows:
    * Dillon Francis + Anamanaguchi -- December 28th

Going to Weekend 1 of Coachella 2014

Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Cara. Don't judge a man for not being able to formulate a coherent thought. On an internet forum of all places.

Dr. Dre and Mike Patton's new act would push this baby over the top
    Then I will hold you down and spit her percolations all over you until you're as greasy as the day she regrets pushing your big fat ass out her big fat cunt.

Damn.

I was just saying that in the thread where Randy wants everyone to suck GV's cock. I was saying GV got some of the years most rare acts, including Fatboy Slim. Then Randy said Fatboy Slim is terrible and doesn't belong on the list. But fuck that. Whatever he says, doesn't affect how Fatboy Slim are a rare act in North America and it is fucking awesome that Goldenvoice grabbed him.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    And it's been long established that Chris hates fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatinisbad View Post
    I took my niece this year and it was her first Coachella. It was so fun to see it through her eyes. She thought it felt like a magical scene from Shreck. The one where all the fairy tale creatures meet for the first time in Shreck's swamp.

Default Re: APEX TWIN!!!

Quote Originally Posted by rage patton View Post
    So, who are Red Kross
    You were so excited for Madness, I thought you'd be the other person all over Redd Kross besides me. Not that they play the same kind of music, but they were contemporaries. Sort of.

I'm not a huge fan...in fact I haven't heard anything from them since Phaseshifter in the early 90's...but sufffice to say it will be mega-retro-fun.

The impressiveness is still sinking in. Wow.

Pulp and Boards of Canada for Coachella 2009? Why not. The sky's the limit, kids.

The murder capital where we murder for capital

BEST VIDEOS EVER

I fucking love you COACHELLA, and PAUL, AND GOLDEN VOICE. I just fucking came in my shorts from how excited I am. APHEX TWIN. SO now all you motherfuckers talking shit about coachella can't be saved, BLAH BLAH BLAH, GET THE FUCK out of this shit. LOVE YOU COACHELLA.

Cool Re: APEX TWIN!!!

Quote Originally Posted by M Sparks View Post
    You were so excited for Madness, I thought you'd be the other person all over Redd Kross besides me. Not that they play the same kind of music, but they were contemporaries. Sort of.

I'm not a huge fan...in fact I haven't heard anything from them since Phaseshifter in the early 90's...but sufffice to say it will be mega-retro-fun.
    I know I have heard the name... but not music comes to mind. I will definately look into them.

Quote Originally Posted by Boourns View Post
    The impressiveness is still sinking in. Wow.

Pulp and Boards of Canada for Coachella 2009? Why not. The sky's the limit, kids.
    Also, on the topic of 2009, I am gonna go ahead and say The Prodigy will be there next year.
    I took my niece this year and it was her first Coachella. It was so fun to see it through her eyes. She thought it felt like a magical scene from Shreck. The one where all the fairy tale creatures meet for the first time in Shreck's swamp.

Quote Originally Posted by whynotsmile99 View Post
    Dr. Dre and Mike Patton's new act would push this baby over the top
    Mike Patton in any form would be welcome at Coachella...

w/ Dr. Dre would be awesome, though!
    Coachella 06, 07, 08, 09, 10, 11
    Lollapalooza 95, 96, 97, 03, 08
    Rock The Bells 07, 09, 10
    Sasquatch 10
    Bonnaroo 09
    Vegoose 07, RIP
    Mile High 09

Upcoming Shows
    6/9 - Deftones/Dillenger | 6/10 - Cake | 6/17 - Buckethead | 6/28 - Glitch Mob | 7/25 - APC | 7/30 - LA Rising (Rage, Muse, Lauryn Hill, Rise Against) | 8/12 - Cut//Copy

Redd Kross are fucking awesome. They were so good at Detour. So good. Yes.

The only act (besides Man Man) that I've ever asked for. Best Coachella Ever.
    *based upon tedious fact checking.

Quote Originally Posted by sin213 View Post
    Mike Patton in any form would be welcome at Coachella...

w/ Dr. Dre would be awesome, though!
    What Dre and Patton are working on something why the hell wasn't I informed

Quote Originally Posted by jazzz View Post
    YES!!!! haha that fucking poster at the music school was true
    I remember that! I had just joined the board and everybody was giving this kid shit because of that poster. No one believed him. I was hoping the kid wasn't lying and, I guess he wasn't
    Quote Originally Posted by nathanfairchild View Post
    I'm still waiting for Jack White to finally admit that he invented the guitar.

Aphex Twin def is a trick up the sleeve.

I like a couple of his songs, but some of his shit is simply to weird to digest. I wonder what day he will play though. Everything points to Sunday now that Goldfrapp is on Friday... but Sunday seems a little to heavy with Waters, Justice and Gogol....
    Quote Originally Posted by Drewski27 View Post
    i think i would rather suck AIDZ out of gary colemans nutt.

Quote Originally Posted by gratytrainridesagain View Post
    What Dre and Patton are working on something why the hell wasn't I informed
    not together. but Dre has Detox dropping (hopefullY) this year. Mike Pattons new act, Crudo i think, with dan the automater is playing at Sasquautch
    Then I will hold you down and spit her percolations all over you until you're as greasy as the day she regrets pushing your big fat ass out her big fat cunt.

Quote Originally Posted by greghead View Post
    I remember that! I had just joined the board and everybody was giving this kid shit because of that poster. No one believed him. I was hoping the kid wasn't lying and, I guess he wasn't
    If Aphex shows up with a live drummer... then I guess that kid wasn't kidding.

Quote Originally Posted by whynotsmile99 View Post
    not together. but Dre has Detox dropping (hopefullY) this year. Mike Pattons new act, Crudo i think, with dan the automater is playing at Sasquautch
    Oh okay I was looking frantically and having a heart attack at the thought

Quote Originally Posted by rage patton View Post
    Fatboy Slim are a rare act in North America and it is fucking awesome that Goldenvoice grabbed him.
    hell yes to Fatboy Slim. I'll be there jumping like a maniac. I bet his show is going to be amazing... and crowded if his agains JJ
    Quote Originally Posted by Drewski27 View Post
    i think i would rather suck AIDZ out of gary colemans nutt.

Coachella Junkie

Well, we didnt have any reason not to believe him.

In the months preceding the lineup announcement, there are so many people who sign on and spread false information. This kid just showed up saying he saw a flyer for it or something. We asked him to take a picture of it and post it. He never did; we actually never did hear from him again as far as I know. So, what else were we to believe?

As a matter of fact, it is still entirely possible that its just a coincidence. He could have been trying to mess with us, while really not knowing anything. After all, we don't know when this entire deal was made.