Page 3 of 38 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: APHEX TWIN!!!

Default Re: APEX TWIN!!!

So was that guy who claimed to see Aphex Twin audition shit at a music school actually right this whole time, or just completely lucky?

Quote Originally Posted by thelastgreatman View Post
    God it's a twatty reaction, fellas.
    How is that a "twatty" reaction? I think its fucking awesome GV got a rare act like Aphex Twin. I KNEW GV had tricks, just like Paul Tollet said. I never doubted it. But I am just not that familiar with his stuff. I know like, Windowlicker and Come to Daddy. Thats basically it. And I know how fucking rare this performance is, so its not one to miss. So just because I am not freaking out, like everyone else, it makes my reaction "twatty"? Fuck that.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    And it's been long established that Chris hates fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatinisbad View Post
    I took my niece this year and it was her first Coachella. It was so fun to see it through her eyes. She thought it felt like a magical scene from Shreck. The one where all the fairy tale creatures meet for the first time in Shreck's swamp.

thank you!!! LOVE APHEX!!

Quote Originally Posted by Trick Loves The Kids View Post
    So was that guy who claimed to see Aphex Twin audition shit at a music school actually right this whole time, or just completely lucky?
    I think we should go with "right this whole time" because, like, there's no way he could be THAT lucky...
    Upcoming Shows:
    * Dillon Francis + Anamanaguchi -- December 28th

Going to Weekend 1 of Coachella 2014

Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Cara. Don't judge a man for not being able to formulate a coherent thought. On an internet forum of all places.

from myspace:

APHEX TWIN AND GOLDFRAPP
    AMONG ACTS ADDED TO LINE-UP!

NEW PREMIUM CAMPING ACCOMMODATIONS
    AVAILABLE THIS YEAR

Aphex Twin and Goldfrapp have just been added to the COACHELLA VALLEY MUSIC & ARTS FESTIVAL 2008 bill.

Kate Nash, Serj Tankian, Redd Kross, and Adele have also joined the line-up (see full list below) for this year's ninth annual festival set for Friday, April 25, Saturday, April 26 and Sunday, April 27 at the Empire Polo Field in Indio, CA.

In addition, based on the popularity of onsite camping, COACHELLA is now offering onsite lodging with premium tent accommodations. Two, four or six person tent packages include brand new tent accommodations ready for guest arrival. The comfort packages feature air beds with sleeping bag and pillows for each camper. Beyond the sleeping accommodations, campers in this special area will enjoy larger camping plots with more privacy, as well as access to upgraded amenities including deluxe showers and restrooms, complimentary breakfast buffet and adjacent parking. Various premium camping configurations range from the "Tent Hotel" to the "Safari Tent"-a fully furnished air-conditioned bedroom with an outside seating area. Additional details and prices for these camping packages is available at http://coachella.com/visitors/onsite-lodging.

The updated COACHELLA VALLEY MUSIC & ARTS FESTIVAL line-up (as of 3/11) is below.

To hear songs from almost all the COACHELLA artists, visit http://coachella.com and click on "media player" on the top right of the navigation.

Roger Waters * Portishead * Jack Johnson * Kraftwerk * the Verve * the Raconteurs * Death Cab for Cutie * Love and Rockets * My Morning Jacket * Aphex Twin * the Breeders * Justice * Café Tacvba * Fatboy Slim * Spiritualized * Tegan and Sara * Goldfrapp * Serj Tankian * the Swell Season * Sasha & John Digweed * Gogol Bordello * Rilo Kiley * Chromeo * the Streets * Dwight Yoakam * M.I.A. * the National* Metric * Hot Chip * Cold War Kids * Animal Collective * Kate Nash * Múm * Slighty Stoopid * Stephen Malkmus & the Jicks * Above & Beyond * Danny Tenaglia * Pendulum * DeVotchKa * Booka Shade * Simian Mobile Disco * Sharon Jones & the Dap-Kings * Murs * Stars * Flogging Molly * Mark Ronson * Redd Kross
    * Dimitri from Paris * Battles * Turbonegro * Autolux * Aesop Rock * the Field * Les Savy Fav * Scars on Broadway * Linton Kwesi Johnson* Midnight Juggernauts * Islands * the Cool Kids * Does it Offend You, Yeah? * Enter Shikari * Sons & Daughters * Minus the Bear * Sia * Calvin Harris * Holy F*ck * Spank Rock * dan le sac Vs Scroobius Pip * Boys Noize * Black Kids * Diplo * Junkie XL * Black Mountain * Adam Freeland * Annuals * Cinematic Orchestra * Santogold * Jamie T * Jens Lekman * Kid Sister with A-Trak * the Teenagers * John Butler Trio * Duffy * I'm From Barcelona * Vampire Weekend * VHS or Beta * Deadmau5 * Carbon/Silicon * Manchester Orchestra * Dan Deacon* Erol Alkan * Architecture in Helsinki * Man Man * Sandra Collins * Yo! Majesty * AUSTIN TV * Adele * Busy P * Little Brother * Cut Copy * Shout Out Louds * Bonde Do Role * Plastiscines * Black Lips * St. Vincent * Brett Dennen * Datarock * Akron/Family * MGMT * Professor Murder * Surkin * Para One * Orgasmic Curses * James Zabiela * the Bees * Reverend and the Makers * SebastiAn * Kavinsky * Porter * Rogue Wave Dredg * the Bird and the Bee * Yoav * Modeselektor * Grand Ole Party * New Young Pony Club * 120 Days * American Bang * Luckyiam * Electric Touch * Yelle * Uffie featuring DJ Mehdi.

Come CHAT about all this on our MESSAGE BOARD:
    http://coachella.com/forum

OUTKAST 2014
    it's finally happening

Röyksopp, FC Kahuna, Télépopmusik, The Knife, RJD2, Futue Sound of London, The Avalanches, 808 State, Zero 7, Tycho, Mr. Scruff

Radness.
    I havent seen Aphex Twin play since the fucking NASA tour at the Metro in Chicago in 1993.
    This sig sponsored by Menocu® buttplugs.Menocu® butplugs are the only buttplugs Wykked Sceptre uses.

alot of non-believer friends to call....omgz! i screamed like a little girl

Who the fuck is APEX TWIN? Oh, by the way. I heard Aphex Twin got added. Good job, GV!

Omylord. This rules so hard.

Quote Originally Posted by rage patton View Post
    How is that a "twatty" reaction? I think its fucking awesome GV got a rare act like Aphex Twin. I KNEW GV had tricks, just like Paul Tollet said. I never doubted it. But I am just not that familiar with his stuff. I know like, Windowlicker and Come to Daddy. Thats basically it. And I know how fucking rare this performance is, so its not one to miss. So just because I am not freaking out, like everyone else, it makes my reaction "twatty"? Fuck that.
    No, I quoted two posts that reacted with "OH, the conflicts now..."

That's twatty. You have no possible way of predicting whether there will be any or what conflicts if so. It's just board twatness.
    Quote Originally Posted by schoolofruckus View Post
    Look, your parenting is yours and Randy's business alone.
    Fans of TheLastGreatMan Accessory Shop

Default Re: APHEX TWIN!!!

let's remember though, this IS aphex twin....I'll have to see him actually walk out on stage to really believe it.

Quote Originally Posted by menikmati View Post
    let's remember though, this IS aphex twin....I'll have to see him actually walk out on stage to really believe it.
    I've heard his past shows have just been him and a laptop and I'm assuming GV won't let him get away with that. Right? I have no idea.

how could it not?

so will he bring a good show with him? How was he at the other Coachella he was at?
    Then I will hold you down and spit her percolations all over you until you're as greasy as the day she regrets pushing your big fat ass out her big fat cunt.

VERY VERY TRUE

Quote Originally Posted by whynotsmile99 View Post
    so will he bring a good show with him? How was he at the other Coachella he was at?
    He never played that Coachella, he sent Squarepusher instead.

PLEASE somebody throw out an aphex twin song for me to check out
    Stevie Wonder, Jurassic 5!!, Magnetic Man, Pogo, Tycho, Tears for Fears 2013

Coach 06,07,08,09,10,11,12,13(1)
    Sasquatch 12
    Lolla 11(Chile)
    VOODOO 11
    Street Scene 07,08,09
    Rock the Bells 07

He never played that Coachella, he sent Squarepusher instead.
    well lets hope that doesnt happen again

Windowlicker and Come to Daddy are the only Aphex Twin songs I know. And I like them both.
    I took my niece this year and it was her first Coachella. It was so fun to see it through her eyes. She thought it felt like a magical scene from Shreck. The one where all the fairy tale creatures meet for the first time in Shreck's swamp.

yes let's hope....I'm pretty sure that since Aphex is doing some other oversea shows this summer, he'll be showing up for sure. I'm sure he'll have a special set planned too.

Coachella Junkie

Quote Originally Posted by whynotsmile99 View Post
    He didn't show. He sent Squarepusher and Plaid as replacements.

Let's hope he actually shows up this time. If he cancels again, I doubt GV or Paul will ever try to book him again in the future.

im pretty sure that GV would make sure, contractually and with some sort of penalty if he didnt show, that he showed up. i mean the first time was in 2001 which is Coachella's 2nd year...im sure they have learned a lot since then in terms of securing artists to play.

Quote Originally Posted by instinct View Post
    Redd Kross
    awesome
    looking to purchase:big brother skateboarding magazine back issues. travis bean tb1000s electric guitars.

Quote Originally Posted by Trick Loves The Kids View Post
    I've heard his past shows have just been him and a laptop and I'm assuming GV won't let him get away with that. Right? I have no idea.
    basically. he wont bring a pyramid, but perhaps a submarine.

his shows at ATP/the warehouse were basically him and his laptop. Some weird visuals too.

bring Chris Cunningham to support him with the visuals and this will be the most awesome act ever.

Coachella Junkie

I cant wait to see how sexy the poster will look once Aphex Twin and Goldfrapp are included.

Quote Originally Posted by brycerosen View Post
    PLEASE somebody throw out an aphex twin song for me to check out
    also, def check out Selected Ambient Works 85-92 and Selected Ambient Works Volume II. Both are classics. Again though, that is more his old/ambient style, and I really wouldn't expect that kinda stuff live (though it would be awesome and you never know...).

Quote Originally Posted by rage patton View Post
    Windowlicker and Come to Daddy are the only Aphex Twin songs I know. And I like them both.
    rage listen to the Drukqs CD. in my opinion the best album.

Quote Originally Posted by Aphxtwinin View Post
    rage listen to the Drukqs CD. in my opinion the best album.
    I will look it up. Thanks. I looked once before, and all I could find on limewire were those two songs. But now I think I will try and torrent it.

OH MY GOD I JUST SAW THIS!!!!! I AM FREAKING OUT!!!!! HOLY FUCKING CHRIST!!!
    Last edited by STALINZZZ; 03-11-2008 at 07:57 PM.