Page 987 of 1028 FirstFirst ... 982983984985986987988989990991992 ... LastLast
Results 29,581 to 29,610 of 30830

Thread: Schoolio's Movie Corner

Default Re: Schoolio's Movie Corner

Check out Sleeping is Giving in for great mixes and other cool stuff

OH MY GOD UGH. Can't we have a superheroes-only movie thread for situations like this?
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Because fucking millenials that's what

What situation amyzzzzzzz? Three of the top ten grossing films of all time are superhero movies, get over it.
    09,10,12w1,13w1

Coachella Junkie Drinkey McDrinkerstein's Avatar

it's annoying when a bunch of people who NEVER post in this thread flood it with a bunch of junk and the people who frequent the thread regularly have to wade through all of it to find actual discussions and movie reviews.
    last.fm
    8/23-24/14 FYF Fest - Expo Park //8/25/14 Nine Inch Nails - Hollywood Bowl // 9/6/14 Elvis Costello & Ben Folds - Hollywood Bowl
    9/12-14/14 Riotfest - Humboldt Park, Chicago, IL // 9/18/14 Neutral Milk Hotel - Hollywood Bowl

You'll get over it.

Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    it's annoying when a bunch of people who NEVER post in this thread flood it with a bunch of junk and the people who frequent the thread regularly have to wade through all of it to find actual discussions and movie reviews.
    Why not have a movie section, where you can start threads on individual movies/topics?

It's hard to navigate this thread and talk about movies while avoiding anything that could spoil it for others, while also trying to avoid reading potential spoilers.

it's annoying when a bunch of people (new members) who NEVER post in this thread flood it with a bunch of junk (movies I don't like) and the people who frequent the thread regularly (my friends on the board) have to wade through all of it (scroll down) to find actual discussions (between me and my selective group of boardie friends) and movie reviews (worthless crap).
    ftfy
    09,10,12w1,13w1

But if you want to discuss it further.... I think its completely a typical Hollywood move to do this. All along they have been wanting to do the same thing at DC Comics has done with Avengers and build a world around Justice League. So how do they do that? Well they get a big name hollywood actor with a marquee name just like Robert Downey Jr. is, to hopefully carry the franchise. Who cares if the script and movie is shit, they have Ben Affleck's name on it. If it's a disaster, it's Ben's fault (even though it's Snyder's movie). All of the movie going public who just want action and scripts with no depth to it can flock to it like fly's to shit. Man of Steel wasn't a good movie. It was repetitive and had about 45 minutes of pointless battle scenes (but you all know that). The thing that the studios don't seem to understand (or maybe they do but don't care) is that if they actually focused more on making a really good film with a good script that they could make just as much money with this type of storyline with unknown or not as well known actors as they could with Affleck (and probably save millions at the same time). Anyway, I'll see it. If it's anything like Man of Steel then I probably won't enjoy it. Hopefully it'll be good.

And!!!!

It was announced last year that Affleck was being courted to play Batman in the proposed JLA movie that at that time would have been totally disconnected to Man of Steel. I don't understand why any of this is surprising to anyone. And I don't understand why anybody even gives a shit until they actually see the movie. Everybody freaked about when heath Ledger was announced as the Joker, and then look what happened.
    last.fm
    8/23-24/14 FYF Fest - Expo Park //8/25/14 Nine Inch Nails - Hollywood Bowl // 9/6/14 Elvis Costello & Ben Folds - Hollywood Bowl
    9/12-14/14 Riotfest - Humboldt Park, Chicago, IL // 9/18/14 Neutral Milk Hotel - Hollywood Bowl

It's not a surprise, it's a disappointment. Are we not allowed to comment on these things on a message board where the sole purpose is to comment on these types of things?

Everybody freaked about when heath Ledger was announced as the Joker, and then look what happened.
    Death prediction

9/12: Shifted @ Mercer
    9/24 - 28: Decibel Festival
    10/3-5: Hardly Strictly Bluegrass Festival
    10/4: Ought @ BoH
    10/5: The War on Drugs, Cass McCombs @ The Fillmore
    10/18-19: Treasure Island Music Festival

Initial fanboy disbelief and anger killed Heath.

Quote Originally Posted by shotglass75 View Post
    It's not a surprise, it's a disappointment. Are we not allowed to comment on these things on a message board where the sole purpose is to comment on these types of things?
    We are, but I think the fear here is that a movie based off a comic book will lead to some in depth comic book discussions that would alienate 90% of the board. If we have anything to post that is comic related it needs to be posted here: http://www.coachella.com/forum/showt...c-Books/page16
    09,10,12w1,13w1

It's annoying when people complain about things 2 years before they even happen. You haven't seen him in the costume, in the part, anything. People are complaining about nothing. Ben Affleck is a totally different actor than he was year ago. Calm down and let these people do their thing.
    last.fm

I understand that notion. I totally get it, but you can't help but form an opinion on the matter when you have a poor track record to base things on. I actually think Affleck isn't that bad of a writer/director (acting... not so much but there are worse). Certain actors are stuck in that it's hard to separate the character from the actor. For instance, any Tom Cruise movie that is out there I can't help but just think, well that's Tom Cruise playing a character. I never feel that he becomes the character he is playing. Same with Affleck. He might be good in a movie, but he still is Ben Affleck playing a role and not really becoming the character. I don't know if that makes sense or not. Im not boycotting the film or anything and I truly do look forward to seeing what they are going to do with this film and the Batman character. It's just hard to trust Hollywood with their choices sometimes because of how often Hollywood disappoints.

To be fair though, I am the one that did bring it up and I do post in this thread on a semi-regular basis. Though I'm sure most of my reviews/post are considered junk.

Watched the 1998 version of Great Expectations last night with Ethan Hawke and Gwyneth Paltrow. Probably haven't seen it in over 10 years or so. I remember liking it back then but now that I have read the book and gotten older and my opinion of movies have changed it wasn't very good this time around. I mean I get changing the setting from London to New York to give it a modern take, but why on earth would you change the names of the characters in it?
    Why aren't there more good role models for fat people who fall down a lot?

Everybody freaked about when heath Ledger was announced as the Joker, and then look what happened.
    A shitty movie was born.

Seriously though, this hatred of Affleck is bullshit. It's been a long time since J Lo, give it up, dickheads. There hasn't been a good Batman since 92. Who gives a fuck.
    Quote Originally Posted by schoolofruckus View Post
    Look, your parenting is yours and Randy's business alone.
    Fans of TheLastGreatMan Accessory Shop

Quote Originally Posted by thelastgreatman View Post
    There hasn't been a good Batman since 68.
    Fixed.
    Quote Originally Posted by efrain44 View Post
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

I spent many a night of my girlhood swooning over the '68 Robin.

I watched Now You See Me last night. I give it an A in concept/idea, but only a C in execution. It had some twists to it which made sense going along with the theme of the movie "the closer you look, the less you see." However it ended and still left many questions unanswered and some of the stuff just didn't make any sense. It did however have pretty cool special effects and there never really was any slow dull moments to the film. Worth a watch it just wont stand out as any memorable thriller movie. You won't love it, but you won't hate it either.
    Why aren't there more good role models for fat people who fall down a lot?

I absolutely loved The World's End. I should probably watch Hot Fuzz and Spaced now.
    Quote Originally Posted by nathanfairchild View Post
    Has Pitchfork revealed it's top 200 covers by Arcade Fire yet?

DJ Shadow/Cut Chemist - 9/18 - Moody Theater
    Tycho - 9/20 - Emo's
    Bonobo (DJ set) - 10/10 - The Mohawk
    Screaming Females - 10/23 - Red 7
    Caribou & Jessy Lanza - 11/23 - The Mohawk

You need to watch Hot Fuzz straight away!

VigoTheCarpathian

I finally saw Zero Dark Thrity. Damn was it good.

Zero Dark and Master were both better than Argo. I'm sick of the Academy Awards. Whats the point if the best pictures never win best picture. They should just hand put happy face stickers and progress reports.

Quote Originally Posted by SoulDischarge View Post
    You're asking this of a person who just used the word "great" in conjunction with Sandra Bullock. And seriously, if you haven't seen Killer Joe, get on it. It's Friedken adapting again from the same person who wrote Bug. Delirious white trash scumfuckery at its finest.
    Speaking of which, the film adaptation of Tracy Lett's August: Osage County is coming out this year. Same writer as Bug and Killer Joe. God, I hope they don't fuck it up. It's one of the best plays written in the last 30 years.

Watched The Ladykillers this weekend. The original British film, not the Coen brothers' remake. What a wickedly funny black comedy. Alec Guiness, Peter Sellers and the whole cast have such great comedic timing.

Anyone seen Blue Jasmine, Woody Allen's new film? Keep reading things about this being his unofficial Streetcar Named Desire adaptation. Looking forward to seeing Cate Blanchett's performance.

Quote Originally Posted by RageAgainstTheAoki View Post
    Anyone seen Blue Jasmine, Woody Allen's new film? Keep reading things about this being his unofficial Streetcar Named Desire adaptation. Looking forward to seeing Cate Blanchett's performance.
    I haven't seen it, but I've heard extremely good things about it. I really want to get out and see it some time this week or next.
    9/17 - Buzzcocks - Fonda (?)
    9/20 - Crosby, Stills & Nash - Santa Barbara Bowl
    9/21 - Caetano Veloso - Hollywood Bowl (?)
    9/26 - William Basinski - Pasadena Arts Council
    9/28 - Bob Mould - Roxy (?)

Quote Originally Posted by getbetter View Post
    I finally made it through a listen of Sun Kil Moon - Benji and had put it on maybe 4 times til I could finally feel mentally like, "just fuck it just let this guy blabber on" while I'm doing paperwork .
    last.fm, if you care

Twitter, if you dare

http://www.rollingstone.com/movies/n...steel-20130826

After five seasons of playing Walter White, the chemist-turned-meth-kingpin on AMC's Breaking Bad, Bryan Cranston has racked up plenty of evil-doer experience. And according to report from Cosmic Book News, he'll boost his villain credentials even further by playing Superman nemesis Lex Luthor in the upcoming sequel for Man of Steel. Cranston has reportedly signed a deal that includes at least six appearances (and possibly more), meaning that his character will appear in a variety of films set within the inter-connected DC Comics universe. "Cranston is truly a dream casting for Luthor," a source told Cosmic Book News. This news follows last week's controversial announcement that Ben Affleck has signed on to play Batman in the same film. The actor reportedly inked a deal that includes 13 total appearances.

Quote Originally Posted by Gribbz View Post
    I absolutely loved The World's End. I should probably watch Hot Fuzz and Spaced now.
    Yeah, I thought this movie was great too. Possibly Edgar Wright's best work thus far.
    Quote Originally Posted by schoolofruckus View Post
    I love when people huff an 8 ball and then come on here to show off what they think they know about Stanley Kubrick.

http://www.rollingstone.com/movies/n...steel-20130826

After five seasons of playing Walter White, the chemist-turned-meth-kingpin on AMC's Breaking Bad, Bryan Cranston has racked up plenty of evil-doer experience. And according to report from Cosmic Book News, he'll boost his villain credentials even further by playing Superman nemesis Lex Luthor in the upcoming sequel for Man of Steel. Cranston has reportedly signed a deal that includes at least six appearances (and possibly more), meaning that his character will appear in a variety of films set within the inter-connected DC Comics universe. "Cranston is truly a dream casting for Luthor," a source told Cosmic Book News. This news follows last week's controversial announcement that Ben Affleck has signed on to play Batman in the same film. The actor reportedly inked a deal that includes 13 total appearances.

Quote Originally Posted by RageAgainstTheAoki View Post
    Cate's performance is worth the ticket alone. One of the best of any Allen film. Suprisingly, Andrew Dice Clay comes up with pretty great one, as well.

Has anyone seen Fruitvale Station Ive heard nothing but rave reviews but I cant find it anywhere. I definitely wanna check it out. Any comments or thoughts from those who have seen it?
    Certain songs they get so scratched into our souls