Page 980 of 1028 FirstFirst ... 975976977978979980981982983984985 ... LastLast
Results 29,371 to 29,400 of 30838

Thread: Schoolio's Movie Corner

Default Re: Schoolio's Movie Corner

Plan on taking the kids in their pj's to the 9:30am showing tomorrow. 4 and 7 years old, hope they are ready!

Do you guys think Pacific Rim is ok for an 8 year old? I took the boy to see Iron Man 3 a couple months back, and kinda wished I hadn't because of how dark some of the scenes were. Needless to say I am a bit apprehensive about PG-13 films now. Feel free to PM me if you don't wanna spoil the movie in this thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by roboto View Post
    And stinkbutt leaving a motorhead set when you know he's dying just to talk shit ? Your a shitty person as well .please let mja give you an anal love disease .

If your 8 year old was disturbed by IM3, then I definitely wouldn't take him to this. It's very loud, and the fight scenes are longer, more frequent and more intense. (And there is another type of scene that may distress him.) Don't know how tolerant Steve's kids are, but I don't think I'd take a 4 and 7 year old.
    Quote Originally Posted by PotVsKtl View Post
    See that guy in the background talking loudly about crab cakes? That's you.

SPOILER

He wasn't bothered by IM3, but I didn't really like him watching a scene where some dude shoots another guy in the head for shits and giggles.
    And stinkbutt leaving a motorhead set when you know he's dying just to talk shit ? Your a shitty person as well .please let mja give you an anal love disease .

Coachella Junkie Drinkey McDrinkerstein's Avatar

Pacific Rim IS awesome!

As for kids...well, like HTD said, it's extremely intense and loud. There isn't really inappropriate violence or language or sexuality of any kind, but I could see it being pretty scary for a really young person...really depends on the kid I guess.
    last.fm
    8/23-24/14 FYF Fest - Expo Park //8/25/14 Nine Inch Nails - Hollywood Bowl // 9/6/14 Elvis Costello & Ben Folds - Hollywood Bowl
    9/12-14/14 Riotfest - Humboldt Park, Chicago, IL // 9/18/14 Neutral Milk Hotel - Hollywood Bowl

The only real issue I had with Pacific Rim is that the main character was kind of annoying, for me though it was a minor gripe because at the end of the day the movie kicked major fucking ass.

Just to throw my 2 cents in I'd say the movie is suitable for ages 8 and up

I am such a huge Sons of Anarchy fan and just like Charlie Hunnam so much that i really enjoyed him in the role.
    last.fm
    8/23-24/14 FYF Fest - Expo Park //8/25/14 Nine Inch Nails - Hollywood Bowl // 9/6/14 Elvis Costello & Ben Folds - Hollywood Bowl
    9/12-14/14 Riotfest - Humboldt Park, Chicago, IL // 9/18/14 Neutral Milk Hotel - Hollywood Bowl

Grandma- Hear of any film screenings going on during Con weekend?

Facebook // Twitter // Blog // Tumblr // Instagram
    Coachella: 04,06,07,09,10,11,12(1&2),13(1&2),14(1&2)
    Upcoming shows
    Swans 9/8, Modest Mouse 9/26, Cibo Matto 10/4, The Weeknd/Schoolboy Q/Jhene Aiko 10/10, Placebo 10/23, Charli XCX 10/25, Digitalism 11/7, First Aid Kit 11/13, Tame Impala 11/15, Sky Ferreira 11/23&24
    Events
    Mad Decent Block Party 9/19, Holy Ship! 1/3-6/2015, Coachella 4/10-12&17-19/2015

Quote Originally Posted by TallGuyCM View Post
    That's an interesing list.

It doesn't look like I've seen any on the list, but there's some I that have been on my list to watch like Cutter's Way and The Friends of Eddie Coyle (which I just got the book for and am planning on reading soon before watching).

I thought Pacific Rim was ok. I though it looked great. On the negative side, the lead actor was kinda dull, and I couldn't really get totally invested in things. It was kind of like a Del Toro garage sale of bric-o-brak. It was fun, but I didn't really think much about it after leaving the theater.
    Coachellas attended: 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 (W1), 2013 (W1)

Quote Originally Posted by captncrzy View Post
    Theme night listing:

Thursday Night: Woo, my parents let me out of the house!
    Friday Night: Woo, my parents let me out of the house!
    Saturday Night: Woo, my parents let me out of the house!
    Sunday Night: Boo, I have to go back to my parent's house!
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    The level of sheer laziness and pure speculation and confusion about very easily found and well-known things that this board has gotten to is truly confounding.

Man, some people just miss the point when it comes to GIANT FUCKING ROBOTS FUCKING FIGHTING GIANT FUCKING MONSTERS
    last.fm

Holy shit. Nostalgia for the Light. Fuck.
    9/21 - Caetano Veloso - Hollywood Bowl
    9/26 - William Basinski - Pasadena Arts Council
    9/28 - Bob Mould - Roxy (?)
    10/01 - King Crimson - Orpheum
    10/10 - Thurston Moore/Sebadoh - Echoplex (?)

Quote Originally Posted by getbetter View Post
    I finally made it through a listen of Sun Kil Moon - Benji and had put it on maybe 4 times til I could finally feel mentally like, "just fuck it just let this guy blabber on" while I'm doing paperwork .
    last.fm, if you care

Twitter, if you dare

Man, some people just miss the point when it comes to GIANT FUCKING ROBOTS FUCKING FIGHTING GIANT FUCKING MONSTERS
    Anything involving GIANT FUCKING ROBOTS FUCKING FIGHTING GIANT FUCKING MONSTERS was awesome and spectacular and entertaining. Everything else – especially any scene that involved two or more people speaking – was some of the most unwatchable bullshit I've ever experienced.
    Quote Originally Posted by Riggins33 View Post
    Hey rubber toe, it's a message board not a English essay. NERD

Quote Originally Posted by roberto73 View Post
    Anything involving GIANT FUCKING ROBOTS FUCKING FIGHTING GIANT FUCKING MONSTERS was awesome and spectacular and entertaining. Everything else – especially any scene that involved two or more people speaking – was some of the most unwatchable bullshit I've ever experienced.
    I agree, although I did like Charlie Day's scenes. He always brings the funny with him.

Overall it was a fun popcorn movie but not much else. Surprised it didn't do better at the box office. I wonder if the sequel will actually get made now.

There was supposed to be a sequel? Ugh, why the fuck does everything need to be a franchise?

Quote Originally Posted by stinkbutt View Post
    There was supposed to be a sequel? Ugh, why the fuck does everything need to be a franchise?
    So they can make more money. The movie was supposed to be a franchise starter, so I'm assuming a sequel and third movie were planned. The movie was definitely designed for a global audience, so probably with a good overseas box office they will be making those as planned.

Quote Originally Posted by roberto73 View Post
    Anything involving GIANT FUCKING ROBOTS FUCKING FIGHTING GIANT FUCKING MONSTERS was awesome and spectacular and entertaining. Everything else especially any scene that involved two or more people speaking was some of the most unwatchable bullshit I've ever experienced.
    I don't think I'd go so far as to say everything else was some of the most unwatchable bullshit I've ever experienced. What was that, 10% of the movie? My only gripe was that the human element of the movie could've been even more fun and zany. I'm guessing a lot of the stuff that was cut out may have provided that. Either way, as Drinkey stated if you were going to watch this move you were going to watch giant fucking robots battle giant fucking monsters, so why complain about anything else?

Snaps

Facebook // Twitter // Blog // Tumblr // Instagram
    Coachella: 04,06,07,09,10,11,12(1&2),13(1&2),14(1&2)
    Upcoming shows
    Swans 9/8, Modest Mouse 9/26, Cibo Matto 10/4, The Weeknd/Schoolboy Q/Jhene Aiko 10/10, Placebo 10/23, Charli XCX 10/25, Digitalism 11/7, First Aid Kit 11/13, Tame Impala 11/15, Sky Ferreira 11/23&24
    Events
    Mad Decent Block Party 9/19, Holy Ship! 1/3-6/2015, Coachella 4/10-12&17-19/2015

Quote Originally Posted by stinkbutt View Post
    Exactly. It'd be nice if for once people wouldn't be worked up about starting a franchise than giving people something complete for a change.

As for "not getting" Giant Robots and Monsters fighting, yeah, I get it. I just didn't get much out of it, nor could I ever really take it that serious. Also, what the hell is up with two people piloting one robot? Can't just one person do it?

Theme night listing:

The level of sheer laziness and pure speculation and confusion about very easily found and well-known things that this board has gotten to is truly confounding.

Quote Originally Posted by tyles View Post
    Also, what the hell is up with two people piloting one robot? Can't just one person do it?
    I thought you said you watched the movie? It was clearly explained why it takes two people.

The mind-melding was one of the primary conceits of the movie, and its necessity to the plot was quickly explained in the beginning of the movie by saying the neurological control of the Jaegers was too much for one person's brain to handle.

And you're doing it wrong if you go into a movie like this trying to take anything serious out of it. i mean, get it, you don't like it, and that's fine. But it's a super fun monster movie and I loved every second of it.
    last.fm

I saw Maniac on demand last night. It was definitely one of the best horror movies I have seen in a while. I hate Elijah Wood, but he was brilliant.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Hq3QdB3A8I

Well, since I'm apparently taking a dump on everyone's favorite new Giant Robots Fightin' movie, anyone else got a movie they did not like (or even hate) that everyone seemed to love to death?

Here's one:

Moulin Rouge!

Let the hate-o-thon begin!

Theme night listing:

Quote Originally Posted by xanman86 View Post
    Grandma- Hear of any film screenings going on during Con weekend?
    the only 2 films on my radar for the entire weekend are Godzilla and Gravity. Neither are having screenings

Quote Originally Posted by tyles View Post
    anyone else got a movie they did not like (or even hate) that everyone seemed to love to death?
    Hedwig and the Angry Inch
    9/21 - Caetano Veloso - Hollywood Bowl
    9/26 - William Basinski - Pasadena Arts Council
    9/28 - Bob Mould - Roxy (?)
    10/01 - King Crimson - Orpheum
    10/10 - Thurston Moore/Sebadoh - Echoplex (?)

Quote Originally Posted by getbetter View Post
    I finally made it through a listen of Sun Kil Moon - Benji and had put it on maybe 4 times til I could finally feel mentally like, "just fuck it just let this guy blabber on" while I'm doing paperwork .
    last.fm, if you care

Twitter, if you dare

So I got around to watching Spring Breakers this weekend...and didn't like it nearly as much as I wanted to. There's a lot of great stuff, but i think it suffers from trying to be too artful. There's so much insanity going on that is just wonderful to take in, but all of the meandering establishment shots, pretty photography, and repetition of speeches really bogs the movie down and severely hurts its pacing. It's unfortunately a short movie that feels twice as long, and feels like 2 movies smashed into each other. I can forgive huge lapses in logic in the plot because there's pretty much nothing plausible in the movie anyway, but it's such a shame to waste so much time trying to make the movie feel like it's not as trashy as it is.
    last.fm

fucking kills me I am not there...

http://collider.com/godzilla-encount...-con-pictures/

That looks amazing.

But why the fuck is that sushi roll place called a "ramen bar?" And when i was in japan there was certainly no sriracha to be found anywhere that i recall.
    last.fm