Page 976 of 1030 FirstFirst ... 971972973974975976977978979980981 ... LastLast
Results 29,251 to 29,280 of 30873

Thread: Schoolio's Movie Corner

Default Re: Schoolio's Movie Corner

Quote Originally Posted by TallGuyCM View Post
    Bro, are you seriously not excited for 300: Rise of an Empire?!?
    Considering the first one was such a well written and well directed masterpiece that out shined its visual effects, I don't know who wouldn't be super stoked for this sequel.
    Certain songs they get so scratched into our souls

That is probably the best thing he has done. At least it didn't try to hide the fact that it was the cinematic equivalent to the WWF.
    Quote Originally Posted by roboto View Post
    And stinkbutt leaving a motorhead set when you know he's dying just to talk shit ? Your a shitty person as well .please let mja give you an anal love disease .

Coachella Junkie Drinkey McDrinkerstein's Avatar

Dawn Of The Dead was pretty awesome, actually.

The problem with 300 was what was added to the source material...a bunch of dumbed-down political nonsense and totally flat, not-quite-there emotional connection with the wife character.

Snyder is frustrating because he's a very talented craftsman...he has an amazing eye and he obviously has great vision for what he's doing. He's ambitious and has a lot of heart put into his projects (unlike say, a Brett Ratner)...but I think he might be just kind of dumb.
    last.fm
    10/22/14 - TV On The Radio @ Regent // 11/9/14 - Bad Religion @ Mayan // 11/14/14 - Death From Above 1979 @ Regent // 11/16/14 - Lucero @ Echo

I agree with Drinkey.
    But if superman sucks, (Christopher Nolan is behind so it shouldn't), hopefully World War Z will be good.
    Should you even read the two novels before going into the film, because I heard the movie was pretty damn different from its source material.

After borrowing it from a friend for a few months I finally got around to watching Drive. It was an enjoyable movie but nothing special. I would say the fist 3/4 of the movie was good, the ending of it was really bad.

Also I've saw Superman already and in my opinion it was really fucking good, but I tend to like superhero movies.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Why aren't there more good role models for fat people who fall down a lot?

Major parking lot irie, then 'Forbidden Planet' at South Coast Regency tomorrow night for the first time. Yippers.

"When Adams and his crew are sent to investigate the silence from a planet inhabited by scientists, he finds all but two have died. Dr. Morbius and his daughter Altaira have somehow survived a hideous monster which roams the planet. Unknown to Adams, Morbius has made a discovery, and has no intention of sharing it (or his daughter!) with anyone."
    The pilgrimage is not perfected save by copulation with the camel.

This Is The End was a lot of fun. Played very well during a sold out show last night. Lots of laughs throughout. Maybe a bit smug and a few pacing issues but all around one of the funniest comedies I've seen in a while. Danny McBride is fantastic as usual.
    Then I will hold you down and spit her percolations all over you until you're as greasy as the day she regrets pushing your big fat ass out her big fat cunt.

Dawn Of The Dead was pretty awesome, actually.

The problem with 300 was what was added to the source material...a bunch of dumbed-down political nonsense and totally flat, not-quite-there emotional connection with the wife character.

Snyder is frustrating because he's a very talented craftsman...he has an amazing eye and he obviously has great vision for what he's doing. He's ambitious and has a lot of heart put into his projects (unlike say, a Brett Ratner)...but I think he might be just kind of dumb.
    I agree with this 100%. I'm still a little bitter about The Watchmen. It wasn't a bad movie, I guess, it just wasn't great, when it really could have been, and I can't help but feel a lot of it falls on Snyder's shoulders. The movie looked incredible, and that is undeniable. He has a great eye and great taste. Some of the casting was absolutely brilliant and deserves recognition (Rorschach and The Comedian)... but some of the casting was just horrible (Night Owl and Silk Spectre, mostly), how they portrayed Ozymadius' character was just atrocious and ran contrary to the graphic novel, the sex scene was just plain embarrassing, and the music was some of the most amateur-ish shit I have ever witnessed on screen.

The ending lacked the punch in gut the graphic novel did as well. I felt sick reading the final section of book, but I could not disagree with what was being said. However in the film it was like "This is what I did and this is why I did it," and the viewers goes "Thats fucked up. But Ok. I follow. Go on..." and I feel the big "reveal" at the end is what really made me fall in love with the story. I didn't even have a problem with the Squid not being in the film (I understand it work incredibly well in the graphic novel, but it wouldn't have made sense to filmgoers who were not familiar with the source material). The ending was just a let down compared to how intense the ending of the novel was.

All in all, what Drinkey said. Snyder is just dumb and if Superman is as great as the trailers make it out to be, I have no doubt Nolan played a huge part in that.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    And it's been long established that Chris hates fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatinisbad View Post
    I took my niece this year and it was her first Coachella. It was so fun to see it through her eyes. She thought it felt like a magical scene from Shreck. The one where all the fairy tale creatures meet for the first time in Shreck's swamp.

going tonight alone if anyone wants to join and rub my leg and shit. Or just watch the movie with one seat of separation. 7:30pm in Santa Ana.

Edit: black jeep, parking lot for ganj and cigarettes, cmon.
    Last edited by lehorne; 06-12-2013 at 05:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jordanp View Post
    I loved Now You See Me as well. Although it definitely requires a major suspension belief. But it's worth it.
    I definitely didn't 'love' it, but I agree with the rest of your review.
    We're here to play some Mississippi Delta Blues. We're in a horrible depression, and I gotta admit - we're starting to like it.

The LA Conservancy screened My Fair Lady at the Dorothy Chandler Pavilion tonight. I don't think I'd seen it since I was a kid. It was a treat seeing that beautiful film on such a large screen.

Quote Originally Posted by rage patton View Post
    All in all, what Drinkey said. Snyder is just dumb and if Superman is as great as the trailers make it out to be, I have no doubt Nolan played a huge part in that.
    The guy can make a good trailer. Suckerpunch had a good trailer for fucks sake. No one is arguing that Snyder is dumb. Suckerpunch was his brainchild, and that says it all really.
    Quote Originally Posted by roboto View Post
    And stinkbutt leaving a motorhead set when you know he's dying just to talk shit ? Your a shitty person as well .please let mja give you an anal love disease .

Quote Originally Posted by RageAgainstTheAoki View Post
    The LA Conservancy screened My Fair Lady at the Dorothy Chandler Pavilion tonight. I don't think I'd seen it since I was a kid. It was a treat seeing that beautiful film on such a large screen.
    where have you been Rage? we've missed you around here!
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Which healthcare provider will euthanize you the fastest as a service to society?
    10/21 Superhumanoids - 10/23 IAMX@Glass House - 10/24 Placebo@Club Nokia - 10/25 Beach Goth@Observatory - 10/26 IAMX@Complex - 10/27 Tycho/Com Truise@Glass House - 10/28 Bear Hands@Roxy - 10/31 Yelle@Fonda - 11/3 Galantis/Booka Shade@Mayan - 11/8 Digitalism@El Rey - 11/14 DFA1979@Regent - 11/15 The Presets@Regent

the movie house was pretty full of mostly elderly and the film got a solid, albeit not rousing applause afterward, but 'Forbidden Planet' was terrible. How is that a scifi classic with an eight rating on imdb? Oh man it was bad.

And hello to Rage too.

This past Sunday was a total movie day for me. Started the day watching "Hoop Dreams" and "30 for 30: June 17, 1994." Then we went to the Kubrick Exhibit at LACMA, which was AMAZING if you haven't already gone. To finish out the day, we watched "Lost Highway." Now THAT was a Sunday, if you ask me.
    Coachellas attended: 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 (W1), 2013 (W1)

Quote Originally Posted by captncrzy View Post
    Theme night listing:

Thursday Night: Woo, my parents let me out of the house!
    Friday Night: Woo, my parents let me out of the house!
    Saturday Night: Woo, my parents let me out of the house!
    Sunday Night: Boo, I have to go back to my parent's house!
    The level of sheer laziness and pure speculation and confusion about very easily found and well-known things that this board has gotten to is truly confounding.

This is the end was pretty funny. Got dark and twisted at times, but overall a really fun joy ride with the class of apatow.

Man of Steel. The last Zod fight scene was a bit long, that's prob the worst thing I can say about the movie. Henry Cavill did a great job, can't wait to see what they follow it up with.
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Which healthcare provider will euthanize you the fastest as a service to society?
    10/21 Superhumanoids - 10/23 IAMX@Glass House - 10/24 Placebo@Club Nokia - 10/25 Beach Goth@Observatory - 10/26 IAMX@Complex - 10/27 Tycho/Com Truise@Glass House - 10/28 Bear Hands@Roxy - 10/31 Yelle@Fonda - 11/3 Galantis/Booka Shade@Mayan - 11/8 Digitalism@El Rey - 11/14 DFA1979@Regent - 11/15 The Presets@Regent

D.C. Cab is amazing. I've never seen a flick with so many quotable lines, but that haven't been run into the ground over the years. Thank god for the internet-free '80s. Fucking classic.
    10/18 - Nas - Orpheum
    10/22 - TV on the Radio - Fonda
    10/24 - Warhol - Royce Hall
    10/28 - Ben Frost/Tim Hecker - Los Globos
    11/05 - Pissed Jeans - Los Globos (?)

Quote Originally Posted by getbetter View Post
    I finally made it through a listen of Sun Kil Moon - Benji and had put it on maybe 4 times til I could finally feel mentally like, "just fuck it just let this guy blabber on" while I'm doing paperwork .
    last.fm, if you care

Twitter, if you dare

has anyone ever made it through the entirety of 'Lawrence of Arabia' in one sitting? Thinking about trying it tomorrow night, as it's playing on the big screen, but haven't much success with that particular movie in the past. Take some speed or something.

Coachella Junkie Drinkey McDrinkerstein's Avatar

If you've been waiting as long as I have for a Superman movie where he actually shows off his superpowers and gets in extremely crazy battles, then Man Of Steel is pretty great. I have no problem separating this movie from the past movies because, well, that's kind of the whole point of a remake.
    last.fm
    10/22/14 - TV On The Radio @ Regent // 11/9/14 - Bad Religion @ Mayan // 11/14/14 - Death From Above 1979 @ Regent // 11/16/14 - Lucero @ Echo

Quote Originally Posted by lehorne View Post
    the movie house was pretty full of mostly elderly and the film got a solid, albeit not rousing applause afterward, but 'Forbidden Planet' was terrible. How is that a scifi classic with an eight rating on imdb? Oh man it was bad.
    That is not a terrible movie. Far from it. One of my all time favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by PotVsKtl View Post
    See that guy in the background talking loudly about crab cakes? That's you.

has anyone ever made it through the entirety of 'Lawrence of Arabia' in one sitting? Thinking about trying it tomorrow night, as it's playing on the big screen, but haven't much success with that particular movie in the past. Take some speed or something.
    I have but I wouldn't necessarily want to do it in a movie theater. It's a great flick but fucking long, and as pretty as it is I'm not sure it's the kind of lush visual that still impresses today. Like it's not 2001 where I can imagine going to see it in a theater is just a completely different experience. I'd watch it at home if I were you.

The fuck is with you and these old movie theaters?
    Quote Originally Posted by schoolofruckus View Post
    Look, your parenting is yours and Randy's business alone.
    Fans of TheLastGreatMan Accessory Shop

Quote Originally Posted by HowToDisappear View Post
    That is not a terrible movie. Far from it. One of my all time favorites.
    really? I didn't feel anything you'd normally associate a quality Sci-fi film with. No edge or bleakness. No mystery. No caring for the characters and their impending outcomes.

I don't think it was as serious as it should have been. The rank escalating love affair, the whiskey bottle generation, etc. A bit corny overall. Liked the laser guns though.

I saw it years ago at a theater, there was an intermission halfway through.
    We're here to play some Mississippi Delta Blues. We're in a horrible depression, and I gotta admit - we're starting to like it.

Quote Originally Posted by thelastgreatman View Post
    I have but I wouldn't necessarily want to do it in a movie theater. It's a great flick but fucking long, and as pretty as it is I'm not sure it's the kind of lush visual that still impresses today. Like it's not 2001 where I can imagine going to see it in a theater is just a completely different experience. I'd watch it at home if I were you.

The fuck is with you and these old movie theaters?
    Nosť, but pretty sure I was the only one smoking out and urinating on the side of the building before the show. Didn't see anyone else.

And, yes, 2001...that's engaging Scifi. Thanks for the tip on Lawrence. Actually DVR'd it from HDNet, so may go that route up on the plasma with surround.

I disagree. Lawrence is one of the those movies that should ONLY be seen in the theater. Its scope is lost in almost all other settings. 70mm on the biggest screen you can get to. There will certainly be an intermission as well.

Eh. I mean there are some very pretty shots of the desert but, y'know, who gives a fuck.
    Quote Originally Posted by schoolofruckus View Post
    Look, your parenting is yours and Randy's business alone.
    Fans of TheLastGreatMan Accessory Shop

Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    To you guys I say Wat?????????? Off to ?????? ....... cr****
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    It's hard to argue with that.

I need to watch Roman Holiday again. ♥

Quote Originally Posted by cutterbutter View Post
    I disagree. Lawrence is one of the those movies that should ONLY be seen in the theater. Its scope is lost in almost all other settings. 70mm on the biggest screen you can get to. There will certainly be an intermission as well.
    Yeah, and what does "in one sitting" mean when you're talking about a movie with a built-in intermission, anyway?

Superman was aight. Didn't love it. Cavill was good. I love Michael Shannon, but his character was too whitebread compared to the Supes 2 version. Some villains need to twirl the moustache to be memorable, and Shannon didn't do that. The best line from S2 was nowhere to be found, either. Sigh.

I did like the idea of showing us more of Krypton, I liked the look at Smallville and Clark in "First Blood" hitcher mode, and the lack of slow-motion fight scenes was preferable after all the other Snyder stuff. But yeah, the fight scenes went on long and the sequences are becoming too familiar... small town big bad guy fight... Thor. Destroy the big city... Avengers. Spunky girl outsmarting the military... Thor and Hulk. Superhero smiles creepy while figuring out how to jump/fly... Spider-man.... TWICE.

I was glad to hear Chris Cornell's "Seasons" in the movie, though, and the drum corps they collected for the drum scenes included Danny Caray, Jason Bonham, Sheila E, and Josh Freese, so that was groovy. But where was Batman when the whole world was at stake? Jerk elitist.