Page 960 of 1033 FirstFirst ... 955956957958959960961962963964965 ... LastLast
Results 28,771 to 28,800 of 30979

Thread: Schoolio's Movie Corner

Default Re: Schoolio's Movie Corner

I finally saw Seven Psychopaths this weekend. That was a great movie with an even greater ending. I don't get the point of the Tom Waits character though. It seemed like it was more of a "we got the chance to have Tom Waits in our movie so we are just going to put him in there regardless if he brings nothing to the story." Unless if I missed something of course.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Why aren't there more good role models for fat people who fall down a lot?

Coachella Junkie Drinkey McDrinkerstein's Avatar

I enjoyed the movie, but I really didn't see the point of most of it.
    last.fm
    11/14/14 - Death From Above 1979 @ Regent // 11/16/14 - Lucero @ Echo

Quote Originally Posted by unit300021 View Post
    I finally saw Seven Psychopaths this weekend. That was a great movie with an even greater ending. I don't get the point of the Tom Waits character though. It seemed like it was more of a "we got the chance to have Tom Waits in our movie so we are just going to put him in there regardless if he brings nothing to the story." Unless if I missed something of course.
    I need to check this out, adding it to my Netflix cue now.

Finally rewatched The Master over the weekend and it was so much better the second time around. The transfer on the Blu Ray is really beautiful.

Facebook // Twitter // Blog // Tumblr // Instagram
    Coachella: 04,06,07,09,10,11,12(1&2),13(1&2),14(1&2)
    Upcoming shows
    Sky Ferreira 11/23&24
    Events
    Holy Ship! 1/3-6/2015, Coachella 4/10-12&17-19/2015, SDCC 7/9-12/2015

My favorite part of that movie is when the find the crabs eating the body, and Derek says, "Nature sucks."
    Yes! Or when him and Michael Pitt went to the arcade on acid aha. The murder scene was one of the most brutal I've seen. I loved how realistic the paranoia was portrayed when everyone started cracking towards the end.

The rape scene was fucking horrible too, "say i'm the best you've ever had!", *punches her in the face. Made me so queasy.

1/29 Patti Smith @ Theatre At The Ace Hotel
    2/12 Babes In Toyland @ The Roxy

Quote Originally Posted by FEELS View Post
    Yes! Or when him and Michael Pitt went to the arcade on acid aha. The murder scene was one of the most brutal I've seen. I loved how realistic the paranoia was portrayed when everyone started cracking towards the end.

The rape scene was fucking horrible too, "say i'm the best you've ever had!", *punches her in the face. Made me so queasy.
    All of this. Plus the sexual/control dynamic with Brad Renfro and Nick Stahl made me really uncomfortable too.
    Quote Originally Posted by M Sparks View Post
    It's all riding on this. You've got big dreams to ride to the top of the Flash Mob world. Well internet fame costs. And right now is when you start paying for it...in sweat.
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    hey. get your own colonoscopy thread, bitch.

Endearingly Dislikable RotationSlimWang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by unit300021 View Post
    Are you fucking serious? That movie was excruciatingly painful to watch.
    Quote Originally Posted by amyzzz View Post
    Hannah, I don't know that pigs have big weiners, and my early 20's facination with dogs because of weiner size, I think. If that helps.

Anyone who lives in LA and hasn't been to the Stanley Kubrick exhibit at LACMA needs to rectify that immediately.

That's one of the first things I did when I flew back last month. It's an incredible collection of memorabilia from his films.

Coachella Junkie schoolofruckus's Avatar

Yeah, I can also vouch for its awesomeness. I spent two hours there and could easily have stretched it to three.
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    The childless 20-something year olds on the board who find a 50 something year old man fucking teenage prostitutes distasteful will probably change the hum of their tune once they produce babies, definitely. That's the missing link.

Quote Originally Posted by schoolofruckus View Post
    Yeah, I can also vouch for its awesomeness. I spent two hours there and could easily have stretched it to three.
    Yeah, same for me. If I was a member I'd probably make another trip.

Did either of you see the supplementary exhibit in the Academy museum lobby? I want to try to make it over there before it closes on April 7th.
    http://www.oscars.org/events-exhibit...1/kubrick.html
    The childless 20-something year olds on the board who find a 50 something year old man fucking teenage prostitutes distasteful will probably change the hum of their tune once they produce babies, definitely. That's the missing link.

I have free time on Thursday and Friday: maybe I'll have to check out the Kubrick exhibit.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Remember Hitler? I don't but here we are again .. cr****

Did either of you see the supplementary exhibit in the Academy museum lobby? I want to try to make it over there before it closes on April 7th.
    http://www.oscars.org/events-exhibit...1/kubrick.html
    No, I must have missed that. Goddamn it. I was also very surprised that there was no Kubrick items in the giftshop. I was ready to spend some cash and would have left with a poster at the very minimum.

I also watched 2001: A Space Odyssey the night before heading to LACMA. I'd never seen an HD version of the movie and goddamn did it look fantastic. The thrill of seeing it in that format offset the unfortunately predictable reaction my girlfriend had to seeing the film for the first time (she thought it was slow and fell asleep during the final act.) In her defense she did admit that the exhibit gave her some new insights into the movie and that she liked it more in retrospect.

Your girlfriend sounds like my girlfriend when it comes to movies. Feel your pain

Yeah, for the most part she almost always lets me pick what we watch. I guess expecting her to like the movies I choose and/or engage in any worthwhile intellectual discussions on cinema would be pushing my luck.

My gf digs good movies she just has to be forced into watching them practically. She's a baby who thinks any movie over 2 hours is long... lol. I'm half-joking but not at all. She loves Wes Anderson but if most his movies weren't an hour and a half I don't know if she would still.

We watched Wreck-It Ralph the other day; I thought it was pretty funny.

You guys piqued my interest with Compliance, so I put it on tonight. Definitely gets the 2012 Catfish award for "these people can't be this naive, can they?!?"

Wasn't super crazy about it. I lol'd when I looked back and Jared called it "wonderful." I wouldn't argue against it being well-made or anything, I just didn't particularly care for it.
    12/04 - Angel Olson - El Rey (?)
    12/06 - Dr. John - Royce Hall (?)
    12/14 - Cat Stevens - Nokia
    12/20 - Stevie Wonder - Forum (?)
    1/10 - Flesh Eaters - Echoplex (?)

Quote Originally Posted by getbetter View Post
    I finally made it through a listen of Sun Kil Moon - Benji and had put it on maybe 4 times til I could finally feel mentally like, "just fuck it just let this guy blabber on" while I'm doing paperwork .
    last.fm, if you care

Twitter, if you dare

Compliance reminds me of the Stanley Milgram experiments about obedience to authority that were conducted in the 60's, but I don't understand why they agreed to do the strip search and everything after that.
    Quote Originally Posted by concertgoer View Post
    You better stop because he can shut down this message board with one call.

Why is no one discussing Stoker in here? I had a couple of problems with it, but overall I loved it.

Quote Originally Posted by TallGuyCM View Post
    You guys piqued my interest with Compliance, so I put it on tonight. Definitely gets the 2012 Catfish award for "these people can't be this naive, can they?!?"

Wasn't super crazy about it. I lol'd when I looked back and Jared called it "wonderful." I wouldn't argue against it being well-made or anything, I just didn't particularly care for it.
    It's extremely well-constructed and performed. I also really liked the (relatively) subtle implication that being surrounded by nasty fast food is something of an intellectual sedative. But I don't have much passion for it.

Also, the people in Catfish weren't naive - they staged the entire film.

Quote Originally Posted by KungFuJoe View Post
    Why is no one discussing Stoker in here? I had a couple of problems with it, but overall I loved it.
    I haven't seen it yet, which is largely a symptom of Park's last three films being drastically worse than his first three. I will probably check out that one or the new Abbas Kiarostami movie tonight.

I haven't seen it yet, which is largely a symptom of Park's last three films being drastically worse than his first three. I will probably check out that one or the new Abbas Kiarostami movie tonight.
    I agree with you about Park's last three films, though I did kind of like I'm a Cyborg. I would like to rewatch that one. However, Stoker is easily my favorite from Park since Oldboy.

I blind bought I'm a Cyborg a few years ago based on good will from JSA, Oldboy and especially Sympathy for Mr. Vengeance. Three times I have started it, and three times I have turned it off less than 20 minutes in. I need to watch it all the way through.

Leonard Part 6 - was it really that bad?
    "why are you so annoying" TheKlein25

Quote Originally Posted by ods.. View Post
    We watched Wreck-It Ralph the other day; I thought it was pretty funny.
    I just recently saw it to. My only question is in the beginning was there a cartoon skrillex cameo?
    Why aren't there more good role models for fat people who fall down a lot?

Coachella Junkie Drinkey McDrinkerstein's Avatar

It's extremely well-constructed and performed. I also really liked the (relatively) subtle implication that being surrounded by nasty fast food is something of an intellectual sedative. But I don't have much passion for it.

Also, the people in Catfish weren't naive - they staged the entire film.
    I think he was insinuating that the characters in the fictional story were naive.
    last.fm
    11/14/14 - Death From Above 1979 @ Regent // 11/16/14 - Lucero @ Echo

Runaway Train kick ass movie
    "why are you so annoying" TheKlein25

I was floored when I saw that over 70 incidents of the prank call/strip search type scenario have been reported to police in the US.
    Quote Originally Posted by concertgoer View Post
    You better stop because he can shut down this message board with one call.

Quote Originally Posted by TallGuyCM View Post
    Definitely gets the 2012 Catfish award for "these people can't be this naive, can they?!?"
    That's precisely what is so compelling about this film. Far too many people in our culture are astonishingly hesitant to question (even unapparent) authority. These circumstances seem absurd from the outside in, but the fact that similar events were so widespread speaks to the type of complacency we've fostered. At its core, the film is a razor sharp indictment of a number of contributing factors.

Quote Originally Posted by SlowMotionApocalypse View Post
    Runaway Train kick ass movie
    I saw that. It was alright.
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Hey here's an idea. You know those people who are desperately poor, down on their luck, uneducated, abused, and generally ill-equipped for life? Let's make fun of them.