Page 939 of 1026 FirstFirst ... 934935936937938939940941942943944 ... LastLast
Results 28,141 to 28,170 of 30774

Thread: Schoolio's Movie Corner

Default Re: Schoolio's Movie Corner

Facebook // Twitter // Blog // Tumblr // Instagram
    Coachella: 04,06,07,09,10,11,12(1&2),13(1&2),14(1&2)
    Upcoming shows
    Offspring/Pennywise/Bad Religion 8/31, Swans 9/8, Modest Mouse 9/26, Cibo Matto 10/4, The Weeknd/Schoolboy Q/Jhene Aiko 10/10, Placebo 10/23, Charli XCX 10/25, Digitalism 11/7, First Aid Kit 11/13, Tame Impala 11/15, Sky Ferreira 11/23&24
    Events
    FYF Fest 8/23-24, Mad Decent Block Party 9/19, Holy Ship! 1/3-6/2015, Coachella 4/10-12&17-19/2015

Eh, I liked the Lone Ranger better

Just watched Sleepwalk With Me last night and I thoroughly enjoyed it. I'd seen some of Birbiglia's standup somewhere and I'd forgotten how funny he was! I just loved the entire vibe of the movie; from the opening address to the camera to his adopted fictional name (Pandamiglio) to the actually heart-felt semi-romcom plot , I thought the entire movie was a complete hit. Many moments of hilarity balanced perfectly with a sense of genuineness. Recommend.

Also, watched That's My Boy while sooooooo high the other night and I loved it. I was expecting the worst movie ever from all the terrible reviews but I was pleasantly surprised. If you enjoy Sandler (especially old Sandler like Billy Madison, Waterboy and especially weird Sandler like Little Nicky, or Zohan) then you will definitely laugh at this movie. I know I'm talking to a sliver of the movie-going public when I address those fans (I'm one of them), but for whatever reason, all Sandler's weird voices and abominable acting is somehow endearing to me. I also love the delightfully meta-sense running throughout the entire movie runs and its complete awareness/disdain for wedding-movie cliches; if you've got nothing to do for 2 hours, and you want some gut laughs with some friends, smoke some weed and watch That's My Boy. ESPECIALLY if you know nothing about the plot going in.

Ha, you sold me on That's My Boy. Well done sir, well done.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Remember Hitler? I don't but here we are again .. cr****

hahahaha yes

I'll be there when Superman is released just to stare at Henry Cavill's chiseled face for a couple of hours. I have no idea whether or not he can act, since he didn't display any prowess in The Tudors (in his defense, no one else in that show did either) and I hope to god his American accent won't be terrible, but DAMN he'll be the most beautiful Superman ever.
    Quote Originally Posted by PotVsKtl View Post
    See that guy in the background talking loudly about crab cakes? That's you.

Ohh that guy from The Tudors is Superman? He's so pretty.
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Because fucking millenials that's what

Coachella Junkie Drinkey McDrinkerstein's Avatar

He was decent in Immortals. My girlfriend was very pleased that he was basically just wearing underwear the entire time.
    last.fm
    8/23-24/14 FYF Fest - Expo Park //8/25/14 Nine Inch Nails - Hollywood Bowl // 9/6/14 Elvis Costello & Ben Folds - Hollywood Bowl
    9/12-14/14 Riotfest - Humboldt Park, Chicago, IL // 9/18/14 Neutral Milk Hotel - Hollywood Bowl

I bet she was. Hell yeah:

See that guy in the background talking loudly about crab cakes? That's you.

Anyone check out the new-ish Criterion Blu of Heaven's Gate yet? I watched it awhile ago, but it's been really sticking with me as of late...
    Coachellas attended: 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 (W1), 2013 (W1)

Quote Originally Posted by captncrzy View Post
    Theme night listing:

Thursday Night: Woo, my parents let me out of the house!
    Friday Night: Woo, my parents let me out of the house!
    Saturday Night: Woo, my parents let me out of the house!
    Sunday Night: Boo, I have to go back to my parent's house!
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    The level of sheer laziness and pure speculation and confusion about very easily found and well-known things that this board has gotten to is truly confounding.

Quote Originally Posted by chairmenmeow47 View Post
    jesus christ, i leave the board for an hour to find the disneyland thread and there's all these fry threads. wtf?!

Stoked to see the Hobbit tonight in HFR 3D!

Facebook // Twitter // Blog // Tumblr // Instagram
    Coachella: 04,06,07,09,10,11,12(1&2),13(1&2),14(1&2)
    Upcoming shows
    Offspring/Pennywise/Bad Religion 8/31, Swans 9/8, Modest Mouse 9/26, Cibo Matto 10/4, The Weeknd/Schoolboy Q/Jhene Aiko 10/10, Placebo 10/23, Charli XCX 10/25, Digitalism 11/7, First Aid Kit 11/13, Tame Impala 11/15, Sky Ferreira 11/23&24
    Events
    FYF Fest 8/23-24, Mad Decent Block Party 9/19, Holy Ship! 1/3-6/2015, Coachella 4/10-12&17-19/2015

I'm stoked for you bro. Wicked stoked.
    Thanks for giving us the opportunity to not give a fuck again.

I saw Sarah Polley's The Last Waltz last night and it was so good. Michelle Williams is amazing.
    last.fm
    8/23-24/14 FYF Fest - Expo Park //8/25/14 Nine Inch Nails - Hollywood Bowl // 9/6/14 Elvis Costello & Ben Folds - Hollywood Bowl
    9/12-14/14 Riotfest - Humboldt Park, Chicago, IL // 9/18/14 Neutral Milk Hotel - Hollywood Bowl

For those of you who hate 3D movies and somehow get dragged into seeing them or you find yourself without the choice to not see it in 3D, there is always this:

http://www.thinkgeek.com/product/e9b4/
    Coachellas attended: 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 (W1), 2013 (W1)

Quote Originally Posted by captncrzy View Post
    Theme night listing:

Thursday Night: Woo, my parents let me out of the house!
    Friday Night: Woo, my parents let me out of the house!
    Saturday Night: Woo, my parents let me out of the house!
    Sunday Night: Boo, I have to go back to my parent's house!
    The level of sheer laziness and pure speculation and confusion about very easily found and well-known things that this board has gotten to is truly confounding.

Coachella Junkie schoolofruckus's Avatar

I saw Sarah Polley's The Last Waltz last night and it was so good. Michelle Williams is amazing.
    *Take This

I will be seeing this sometime soon. She's the best actress working right now.
    The childless 20-something year olds on the board who find a 50 something year old man fucking teenage prostitutes distasteful will probably change the hum of their tune once they produce babies, definitely. That's the missing link.

The Watch has to be the worst movie of the decade.

Quote Originally Posted by schoolofruckus View Post
    *Take This

I will be seeing this sometime soon. She's the best actress working right now.
    Right, kept messing that up. I noticed last night it just showed up on Netflix Instant. I missed the one week it was on a screen before.
    last.fm

I have been wanting to see this along with the documentary she did about her parents. Unfortunately the movie had limited release here- did you see it on Netflix?
    Quote Originally Posted by M Sparks View Post
    It's all riding on this. You've got big dreams to ride to the top of the Flash Mob world. Well internet fame costs. And right now is when you start paying for it...in sweat.
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    hey. get your own colonoscopy thread, bitch.

I saw Sarah Polley's Take This Waltz last night and it was so good. Michelle Williams is amazing.
    Thanks for the heads up on this. Just watched it tonight, and I thought it was excellent. Beautifully shot film. Odd casting choice, but I thought Seth Rogen was surprisingly good in a dramatic role.
    8/21 - The Zombies - Santa Monica Pier
    8/22 - Slint - El Rey (?)
    8/23-24 - FYF Fest - Exposition Park
    8/28 - Ty Segall - Echo
    8/31 - Sleep - Troubadour (?)

Quote Originally Posted by getbetter View Post
    I finally made it through a listen of Sun Kil Moon - Benji and had put it on maybe 4 times til I could finally feel mentally like, "just fuck it just let this guy blabber on" while I'm doing paperwork .
    last.fm, if you care

Twitter, if you dare

Coachella Junkie schoolofruckus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    I have been wanting to see this along with the documentary she did about her parents. Unfortunately the movie had limited release here- did you see it on Netflix?
    I think Stories We Tell has only played festivals. Roadside Attractions should be releasing it next spring/summer.
    The childless 20-something year olds on the board who find a 50 something year old man fucking teenage prostitutes distasteful will probably change the hum of their tune once they produce babies, definitely. That's the missing link.

The Other F Word...neat concept, but not terribly well directed so far (not finished)
    Hey here's an idea. You know those people who are desperately poor, down on their luck, uneducated, abused, and generally ill-equipped for life? Let's make fun of them.

Just got back from The Hobbit in IMAX 3D. It was amazing! I know there has been a lot of griping about this movie, but honestly I thought it stood up to the LOTR trilogy quite well. Yes, some of the action was a bit over the top, and there was more humor, but you need to keep the source material in mind. Martin Freeman is great as Bilbo, and all the returning cast puts out solid performances. Can't wait to see this trilogy play out.

Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    Michelle Williams did a documentary? about her parents? please tell me more..

Scratch that, I did my own research and see you're talking about Sarah Polley

Quote Originally Posted by HowToDisappear View Post
    I bet she was. Hell yeah:

I like that this guy is not as blandly handsome as the last actor to play Superman. I liked his bearded look in the trailer. In spite of my general dislike of Snyder that made me hope that this go-around with Superman produces something actually memorable.

Coachella Junkie

Zack Snyder will never direct anything noteworthy aside from the first 10 minutes of Dawn of the Dead. Sucker Punch, which was his greatest period of freedom, was a fucking abomination.

Zack Snyder will never direct anything noteworthy aside from the first 10 minutes of Dawn of the Dead. Sucker Punch, which was his greatest period of freedom, was a fucking abomination.
    I agree that the introductory scenes in Dawn of the Dead are legendary. So well executed. Great soundtrack and sequences.
    Quote Originally Posted by M Sparks View Post
    It's all riding on this. You've got big dreams to ride to the top of the Flash Mob world. Well internet fame costs. And right now is when you start paying for it...in sweat.
    hey. get your own colonoscopy thread, bitch.

Quote Originally Posted by Iamwelting View Post
    Just got back from The Hobbit in IMAX 3D. It was amazing! I know there has been a lot of griping about this movie, but honestly I thought it stood up to the LOTR trilogy quite well. Yes, some of the action was a bit over the top, and there was more humor, but you need to keep the source material in mind. Martin Freeman is great as Bilbo, and all the returning cast puts out solid performances. Can't wait to see this trilogy play out.
    It was highly entertaining., though it feels super long. But the second half is quite a treat, especially the goblin city. 48fps was somewhat jarring though. I'd be curious to see it again at the normal framerate to compare.
    last.fm

The Hobbit was mostly terrible from a storytelling perspective, but it was cool to look at the HFR 3D. For me, it felt like everything was moving in fast forward and I never completely got used to it, but god it looked great, super-sharp.

Regarding the storytelling - damn, I'll never complain about how retarded something like "Wanted" or "Mr. and Mrs. Smith" (or apparently anything with Angelina Jolie) is again after seeing all the ridiculous close calls these dwarves went through. Not to spoil anything - the end of "Fellowship" had a lot of REAL DRAMA going on, characters lost, dead, captured, etc... and every battle felt like it could end in the death of a primary character. In "Hobbit", there's no real drama... ever. It's just crazy CGI nonsense for three hours on par with those other absurd modern films. I think the fact that Fellowship was based on the book (and the natural stopping point of the original book) while Hobbit is cut into artificial parts may have contributed to the lack of anything significant happening, but at the end I felt like I'd watched a cartoon/videogame... while Fellowship left me drained (with Gandalf and Sean Bean's, etc).

It was otherwise extremely similar to the original films. I would have lost the riddle battle with Golem or Bilbo. I suck at that, apparently.