Page 925 of 1015 FirstFirst ... 920921922923924925926927928929930 ... LastLast
Results 27,721 to 27,750 of 30431

Thread: Schoolio's Movie Corner

Coachella Junkie schoolofruckus's Avatar

Default Re: Schoolio's Movie Corner

Shot on a 5D Mark II, edited (including what little sound editing took place) in FCP 5. I'm pretty satisfied with how the image quality came out considering how little planning/resources went into it, so I would imagine I'll be using them again on my next, hopefully better-conceived project.
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    The childless 20-something year olds on the board who find a 50 something year old man fucking teenage prostitutes distasteful will probably change the hum of their tune once they produce babies, definitely. That's the missing link.

Default lens for the 5D? or do you have a tasty selection? I ask as some shots seemed a bit richer in color than others, or did you color correct a little?

Quote Originally Posted by MissingPerson View Post
    Also, where the fuck were the other girl's parents and has anybody told them their daughter's dead yet?
    Details details

Best line of the movie
    She's been taken!

Quote Originally Posted by Mugwog View Post
    Default lens for the 5D? or do you have a tasty selection? I ask as some shots seemed a bit richer in color than others, or did you color correct a little?
    Default lens. The only color correction was on the black and white / sepia sequences. Which shots did you think were beefed up?
    The childless 20-something year olds on the board who find a 50 something year old man fucking teenage prostitutes distasteful will probably change the hum of their tune once they produce babies, definitely. That's the missing link.

Cocteau's The Blood of a Poet is maybe the most befuddling film I've ever watch for school. No idea.

Coachella Junkie

Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    I don't think anybody has ever claimed that anything Luc Besson is involved with beyond his own directorial efforts isn't a completely retarded B-movie piece of trash. His entire catalog of write/rproducer credits is basically some form of exploitation movie.
    I'm here to defend Unleashed. Do something about it.

just watched the Alex Cross trailer/commercial for the first time...

Coachella Junkie Drinkey McDrinkerstein's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PotVsKtl View Post
    I'm here to defend Unleashed. Do something about it.
    I actually thought about that one after I said that and almost made an amendment to my original statement. That is a genuinely good movie.

I actually like a lot of the Besson written/produced movies, even if they are dumb/trashy. The Transporter series, Crimson Rivers, Wasabi, and District B13 are all a blast.
    last.fm
    4/5/14 - Trentemoller - Fonda // 4/9/14 - The Knife - Fox Theater Pomona // 4/22/14 - Dillinger Escape Plane - Glasshouse// 5/23/14 - 5/26/14 Punk Rock Bowling - Las Vegas
    5/28/14 - Elbow - Wiltern // 7/9/14 - Cloud Nothings - Roxy // 8/25/14 - Nine Inch Nails - Hollywood Bowl

Quote Originally Posted by getbetter View Post
    Comments about she left the movie feeling bad and she one of those girls that fuck in the ass to saving her Vagina intercourse for marriage.

PTA is on the Daily Show tonight to discuss The Master !
    11/1 Pantha du Prince - the Echo
    11/17 Tame Impala - The Music Box

Coachella Junkie

I was NOT a Hurt Locker fan, but this new trailer for Zero Dark Thirty is excellent:

I watched Basic Instinct for the first time tonight. i had never imagined that it was such a paul verhoeven film, in every sense. I guess i didn't know what it was beyond the infamous moment. This is such a trashy, schlocky, sleazy, ridiculous bit of fun nonsense. i laughed out loud several times and loved every single fucking bit of it. I was kind of flabbergasted at the absolutely outrageous amount of extremely graphic, gratuitous sex and nudity in it (and both Tripplehorn and Stone look AMAZING in this), but the dialogue is insanely stupid and funny, the car chases come out of nowhere, the murders are as violent and bloody as possible, Jerry Goldsmith's score is so out of place...just so much good stuff. it's kind of like a film noir movie, and kind of a movie about '80s excess (even though it came out in 1993), but the plot gets so unnecessarily convoluted and full of dumb tangents and revelations, that ultimately it's about Michael Douglas grimacing and acting like a psychopath and Sharon Stone being naked and/or extremely clever and/or bitchy. And I'm okay with that. Somehow Verhoeven is able to make terrible movie that completely transcend what a bad movie is and end up being immensely enjoyable, because I honestly can't wait to watch this again. The ending is especially incredible.
    last.fm
    4/5/14 - Trentemoller - Fonda // 4/9/14 - The Knife - Fox Theater Pomona // 4/22/14 - Dillinger Escape Plane - Glasshouse// 5/23/14 - 5/26/14 Punk Rock Bowling - Las Vegas
    5/28/14 - Elbow - Wiltern // 7/9/14 - Cloud Nothings - Roxy // 8/25/14 - Nine Inch Nails - Hollywood Bowl

Comments about she left the movie feeling bad and she one of those girls that fuck in the ass to saving her Vagina intercourse for marriage.

Saw the two Hostel movies again last night for the first time since Hostel II came out in theater. I still prefer the first one, lol.

Facebook // Twitter // Blog // Tumblr // Instagram
    Coachella: 04,06,07,09,10,11,12(1),12(2),13(1),13(2)
    Upcoming shows
    Neutral Milk Hotel 4/9, The Knife 4/15, The Dandy Warhols 4/23, First Aid Kit 5/26, Parquet Courts 5/27, The Faint 6/1, Lady Gaga 6/3, Robyn/Röyksopp 6/29, Sharon Van Etten 6/29, Deafheaven 7/2, Cloud Nothings 7/7
    Events
    Knifechella 4/11-13&18-20, SDCC 7/24-27, Outside Kanye West Lands 8/8, Holy Ship! 1/3-6/2015

I really fucking hate it that you decided to join this thread.
    last.fm

Coachella Junkie

Quote Originally Posted by xanman86 View Post
    Saw the two Hostel movies again last night for the first time since Hostel II came out in theater. I still prefer the first one, lol.
    Every half-wit YouTube comment ever made.

I really fucking hate it that you decided to join this thread.
    Cool

Upcoming shows
    Neutral Milk Hotel 4/9, The Knife 4/15, The Dandy Warhols 4/23, First Aid Kit 5/26, Parquet Courts 5/27, The Faint 6/1, Lady Gaga 6/3, Robyn/Röyksopp 6/29, Sharon Van Etten 6/29, Deafheaven 7/2, Cloud Nothings 7/7
    Events
    Knifechella 4/11-13&18-20, SDCC 7/24-27, Outside Kanye West Lands 8/8, Holy Ship! 1/3-6/2015

Quote Originally Posted by PotVsKtl View Post
    Oh shit!
    Quote Originally Posted by chairmenmeow47 View Post
    i fucking hate women with their lives together who try and help other people. where are the needy bitches at?!

Apparently yesterday the Weyland Corporation was first registered. I can't wait until they release the first David 3 for general public consumption.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Remember Hitler? I don't but here we are again .. cr****

Coachella Junkie

I just watched Prometheus last night, funny enough. Was alright. Flawed and the characters are pretty impossible to care about - what a massive fucking waste of Charlize Theron and Idris Elba - but still, I enjoyed it. Didn't hold up to much thought, but it tipped along at a decent pace and had a strong look. I think mebbe I've gotten less demanding in my old age.

Quote Originally Posted by MissingPerson View Post
    I just watched Prometheus last night, funny enough. Was alright. Flawed and the characters are pretty impossible to care about - what a massive fucking waste of Charlize Theron and Idris Elba - but still, I enjoyed it. Had a strong look and it tipped along at a decent pace.
    I'm looking forward to hearing David Lindelof's commentary on the Blu Ray set.

Upcoming shows
    Events

The look of Prometheus, the story behind it, and Michael Fassbender's performance make that movie for me. I love it.
    i fucking hate women with their lives together who try and help other people. where are the needy bitches at?!

It seems that anyone who actually likes Prometheus should probably avoid every piece of writing on it and every single part of the DVD/BD release except for the movie itself. Ridley appears hell-bent on destroying anything interesting about it via the press.

That is discouraging.

All this week, the AV Club has been doing a series of lists of their favorite movies of the 90's. Today, they posted their list of movies they hated in the 90's:

http://www.avclub.com/articles/our-m...the-90s,86560/

I'm glad to hear that I wasn't the only one left cold by American Beauty.
    Coachellas attended: 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 (W1), 2013 (W1)

Quote Originally Posted by captncrzy View Post
    Theme night listing:

Thursday Night: Woo, my parents let me out of the house!
    Friday Night: Woo, my parents let me out of the house!
    Saturday Night: Woo, my parents let me out of the house!
    Sunday Night: Boo, I have to go back to my parent's house!
    The level of sheer laziness and pure speculation and confusion about very easily found and well-known things that this board has gotten to is truly confounding.

Was just about to post about the A.V. Club lists. The best of one isn't bad, it has Naked and Safe and a ton of Coen Bros., so I'm cool with them throwing the Matrix and the Blair Witch Project on there.
    Thanks for giving us the opportunity to not give a fuck again.

Quote Originally Posted by SoulDischarge View Post
    Was just about to post about the A.V. Club lists. The best of one isn't bad, it has Naked and Safe and a ton of Coen Bros., so I'm cool with them throwing the Matrix and the Blair Witch Project on there.
    Yeah, I didn't get them throwing BWP in there. It's someone's student project with a HUGE advertising campaign. Garbage.

Also, Boogie Nights and LA Confidential should have been higher on those Best-Of lists.
    Coachellas attended: 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 (W1), 2013 (W1)

Quote Originally Posted by captncrzy View Post
    Theme night listing:

Thursday Night: Woo, my parents let me out of the house!
    Friday Night: Woo, my parents let me out of the house!
    Saturday Night: Woo, my parents let me out of the house!
    Sunday Night: Boo, I have to go back to my parent's house!
    The level of sheer laziness and pure speculation and confusion about very easily found and well-known things that this board has gotten to is truly confounding.

I think the only movies on that worst of list that i genuinely hate are The Avengers and The Phantom Menace. The others I either actually like or just think of silly diversions and wouldn't really look at them with much of a critical eye (and these critics really seem to be reacting from the gut in these "reviews" anyway).

The best-of list seems pretty good, though i hate The Blair Witch Project and Deadman (but I understand that I'm in the minority amongst film geeks on the latter).

EDIT: i also find it extremely interesting and refreshing to see Carlito's Way, Eyes Wide Shut, Miller's Crossing, and Barton Fink rated so highly.
    Last edited by Drinkey McDrinkerstein; 10-12-2012 at 12:59 PM.
    last.fm

I don't get the hate for BWP, I watch it almost every year

Upcoming shows
    Events

I loved American Beauty and Falling Down when I first saw them, but to be fair, I was like 12 and 15 respectively and had a poor grasp on cultural politics and fell instantly for anything that even hinted at dark humor. I'm sure they wouldn't hold up if I were to re-watch them. I completely agree on Chasing Amy and Natural Born Killers though. Such awful pieces of shit.
    Thanks for giving us the opportunity to not give a fuck again.