Page 970 of 1015 FirstFirst ... 965966967968969970971972973974975 ... LastLast
Results 29,071 to 29,100 of 30431

Thread: Schoolio's Movie Corner

Coachella Junkie Drinkey McDrinkerstein's Avatar

Default Re: Schoolio's Movie Corner

If that's actually in the movie, thanks a lot asshole
    last.fm
    4/5/14 - Trentemoller - Fonda // 4/9/14 - The Knife - Fox Theater Pomona // 4/22/14 - Dillinger Escape Plane - Glasshouse// 5/23/14 - 5/26/14 Punk Rock Bowling - Las Vegas
    5/28/14 - Elbow - Wiltern // 7/9/14 - Cloud Nothings - Roxy // 8/25/14 - Nine Inch Nails - Hollywood Bowl

Quote Originally Posted by getbetter View Post
    Comments about she left the movie feeling bad and she one of those girls that fuck in the ass to saving her Vagina intercourse for marriage.

No problem, and hey I just saved you two hours of your life that you no longer have to waste by seeing trance

Okay, Trance and Pain and Gain are Citizen Kane compared to this freaking god-awful Twilight movie on the television right now.

I've been working on my laptop and left it on in the background out of morbid curiosity... damn, how does anybody like these movies? It's the final one with the chick as a Vampire, and probably the worst high-budget movie I've ever partially seen. It makes me want to watch a "Bonfire of the Vanities", "Wild Wild West", and "Hudson Hawk" triple header. Sheesh. Just awful.

And why in the flock did they use a CGI baby face instead of a real baby? Creepily retarded.

I watched The Impossible on the weekend and I was in tears pretty much the whole time. The performance of the young actor that played the eldest son, Lucas, was fantastic. He carried the whole movie for me. But it was a gut-wrenching watch.
    Quote Originally Posted by M Sparks View Post
    It's all riding on this. You've got big dreams to ride to the top of the Flash Mob world. Well internet fame costs. And right now is when you start paying for it...in sweat.
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    A butt plug is not a weapon.

Going through all of the Marvel Phase One films before Iron Man 3 this weekend.

Facebook // Twitter // Blog // Tumblr // Instagram
    Coachella: 04,06,07,09,10,11,12(1),12(2),13(1),13(2)
    Upcoming shows
    Neutral Milk Hotel 4/9, The Knife 4/15, The Dandy Warhols 4/23, First Aid Kit 5/26, Parquet Courts 5/27, The Faint 6/1, Lady Gaga 6/3, Robyn/Röyksopp 6/29, Sharon Van Etten 6/29, Deafheaven 7/2, Cloud Nothings 7/7
    Events
    Knifechella 4/11-13&18-20, SDCC 7/24-27, Outside Kanye West Lands 8/8, Holy Ship! 1/3-6/2015

I hope there will be pictures.
    Quote Originally Posted by Riggins33 View Post
    Hey rubber toe, it's a message board not a English essay. NERD

Quote Originally Posted by roberto73 View Post
    I hope there will be pictures.
    Of me falling asleep to The Incredible Hulk?

Upcoming shows
    Neutral Milk Hotel 4/9, The Knife 4/15, The Dandy Warhols 4/23, First Aid Kit 5/26, Parquet Courts 5/27, The Faint 6/1, Lady Gaga 6/3, Robyn/Röyksopp 6/29, Sharon Van Etten 6/29, Deafheaven 7/2, Cloud Nothings 7/7
    Events
    Knifechella 4/11-13&18-20, SDCC 7/24-27, Outside Kanye West Lands 8/8, Holy Ship! 1/3-6/2015

I realize I'm behind the curve, but I finally got around to watching Compliance. I have to admit, I forgot it was based on the true story stuff, and I thought it was a good old fashioned stalker horror thing... so I was pleasantly surprised.

The performances were really good, but the best part was when I YouTubed the primetime news segment talking about the actual story and found that it was pretty much as accurate as any Hollywood flick ever is. That shit is messed up, man. Just terrible. Thank God a few of the participants manned up and said "Naw, fuck this, you're crazy, I ain't doing this", because otherwise the human race is completely fucked. Somehow I thought the original news story was just some dumb manager enacting martial law, I had no clue how complicated the whole scheme was, and how many people got duped. What a mess.

The real-life girl who went through the whole ordeal was probably cuter than Dreama Walker, and a brunette. Why does Hollywood make everyone blonde?

Upcoming shows
    Events

I read earlier this week that Lars is no longer considered "persona non grata" at Cannes, and that he would be welcomed back to competition, but that a cut of Nyphomaniac simply wouldn't be ready for the festival.
    Quote Originally Posted by sk8r408 View Post
    The word "lulzy" is offensive.

Quote Originally Posted by TomServo View Post
    I realize I'm behind the curve, but I finally got around to watching Compliance. I have to admit, I forgot it was based on the true story stuff, and I thought it was a good old fashioned stalker horror thing... so I was pleasantly surprised.

The performances were really good, but the best part was when I YouTubed the primetime news segment talking about the actual story and found that it was pretty much as accurate as any Hollywood flick ever is. That shit is messed up, man. Just terrible. Thank God a few of the participants manned up and said "Naw, fuck this, you're crazy, I ain't doing this", because otherwise the human race is completely fucked. Somehow I thought the original news story was just some dumb manager enacting martial law, I had no clue how complicated the whole scheme was, and how many people got duped. What a mess.

The real-life girl who went through the whole ordeal was probably cuter than Dreama Walker, and a brunette. Why does Hollywood make everyone blonde?
    This has been on my radar but your post prompted to me to order it up on PPV. I will see this tonight. Thanks TS.
    It's all riding on this. You've got big dreams to ride to the top of the Flash Mob world. Well internet fame costs. And right now is when you start paying for it...in sweat.

The screen shot doesn't surprise me, but I really hope they were more imaginative than for those to be the real posters...
    4/27 - Ghost BC - Fonda (?)
    4/29 - Franz Ferdinand - Wiltern (?)
    4/30 - Mono - Troubadour (?)
    5/03 - Philip Glass - Royce Hall
    5/06 - Rodrigo y Gabriela - Orpheum (?)

Quote Originally Posted by ThomThom View Post
    I want to get the members of Brand New and Chvrches in a line and have all of them executed in front of their fans.
    last.fm, if you care

Twitter, if you dare

Quote Originally Posted by TallGuyCM View Post
    The screen shot doesn't surprise me, but I really hope they were more imaginative than for those to be the real posters...
    Assuming you're talking about Nymphomaniac, the publicity image was released months ago...the first poster is indeed the real teaser, which i quite like. i don't know where the penis one came from though, I see no indication that that is real.
    last.fm
    4/5/14 - Trentemoller - Fonda // 4/9/14 - The Knife - Fox Theater Pomona // 4/22/14 - Dillinger Escape Plane - Glasshouse// 5/23/14 - 5/26/14 Punk Rock Bowling - Las Vegas
    5/28/14 - Elbow - Wiltern // 7/9/14 - Cloud Nothings - Roxy // 8/25/14 - Nine Inch Nails - Hollywood Bowl

Comments about she left the movie feeling bad and she one of those girls that fuck in the ass to saving her Vagina intercourse for marriage.

I watched Compliance and I did find it compelling. At the same time it amazes me the girl this really happened to didn't pipe up and say - "fine, come show me the surveillance footage. If I am in trouble come down here and prove it because there is no evidence I've done anything wrong." I can't imagine it going that far with only one or two people questioning the validiity of the call. It's mind boggling.

Coachella Junkie schoolofruckus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Assuming you're talking about Nymphomaniac, the publicity image was released months ago...the first poster is indeed the real teaser, which i quite like. i don't know where the penis one came from though, I see no indication that that is real.
    I fucking love the real teaser.
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    The childless 20-something year olds on the board who find a 50 something year old man fucking teenage prostitutes distasteful will probably change the hum of their tune once they produce babies, definitely. That's the missing link.

It amazes me that Louis Malle isn't discussed more. Not just in this thread, but in general. After having been completely enthralled with Zazie in the Subway and, for far different reasons, Elevator to the Gallows, I watched Black Moon tonight. Three films that could not be more different - the first is a haywire frenetic romp, the second a classic noir, the third straight-up avant-garde - but each a near masterpiece as far as I'm concerned. With every film of his that I see, he climbs higher and higher up the list of my favorite directors.

I want to get the members of Brand New and Chvrches in a line and have all of them executed in front of their fans.
    last.fm, if you care

Twitter, if you dare

So I finally got around to watching the Sound City documentary tonight. Like the first 70 or so minutes are cool when it talks about the history of the studio and cool stories from musicians that recorded there. Also shows a lot of footage from bands recording which is also pretty cool to see. However the last 30 or so minutes is just them showing the recording process of the CD that came out with it and that got boring pretty fast. Yeah some interesting stuff was said but just thought the length of it was overkill. Much would have preferred to have more cool history stories and cut the last part in half. Overall it was an OK documentary. Music fans, such as everyone on this board, will enjoy it just for the historical aspects however I don't see it gaining much interest from just an everyday person.
    Why aren't there more good role models for fat people who fall down a lot?

Quote Originally Posted by TallGuyCM View Post
    It amazes me that Louis Malle isn't discussed more. Not just in this thread, but in general. After having been completely enthralled with Zazie in the Subway and, for far different reasons, Elevator to the Gallows, I watched Black Moon tonight. Three films that could not be more different - the first is a haywire frenetic romp, the second a classic noir, the third straight-up avant-garde - but each a near masterpiece as far as I'm concerned. With every film of his that I see, he climbs higher and higher up the list of my favorite directors.
    http://popcultureswag.tumblr.com/pos...-the-criterion

Upcoming shows
    Events

I caught Takashi Miike's Ninja Kids last night at the Aero. It was pretty fantastic. Likely the most fun I've had watching one of his films. He has really hit his stride recently. While most of his movies are hit and miss I think in the past few years they've mostly been hits. He seems to only be getting stronger and more exciting as a filmmaker. I wonder when it will let up. His "latest" Lesson of the Evil will be playing the LA Film Fest. I look forward to catching that. There's actually quite a few films at this years LA Film Fest that I hope to catch.

The 2nd one is definitely fake. I love the first poster
    Re: GayInTucson's illiterate ass

Quote Originally Posted by EmberVega View Post
    I don't think we'll be hearing from him again. R.I.P

I just watched Mishima: A Life in Four Chapters for the first time yesterday. The insight that it gives you of Mishima's life is so beautifully done through the retelling of some of his novels that it makes you want to read all of them. My favorite of them all was "Kyoko's House", a beautiful story not even yet translated to English. But most of all Philip Glass' score is probably one of my favorite works by him. Being a younger guy myself I have no idea if I was the last person in the world to watch this movie, but personally I give it my highest recommendation.

Coachella Junkie schoolofruckus's Avatar

The childless 20-something year olds on the board who find a 50 something year old man fucking teenage prostitutes distasteful will probably change the hum of their tune once they produce babies, definitely. That's the missing link.

Quote Originally Posted by cansei de ser sexme View Post
    I just watched Mishima: A Life in Four Chapters for the first time yesterday. The insight that it gives you of Mishima's life is so beautifully done through the retelling of some of his novels that it makes you want to read all of them. My favorite of them all was "Kyoko's House", a beautiful story not even yet translated to English. But most of all Philip Glass' score is probably one of my favorite works by him. Being a younger guy myself I have no idea if I was the last person in the world to watch this movie, but personally I give it my highest recommendation.
    It appears it was already in the Hulu queue, but now it'll get watched sooner than later! Thanks for the recommendation.

last.fm, if you care

Twitter, if you dare

Y'all need to watch Auto Focus after Mishima. A very different yet equally awesome biopic from Schrader.
    Quote Originally Posted by sk8r408 View Post
    The word "lulzy" is offensive.

Willem Dafoe is so hilariously creepy in Auto focus
    last.fm

Everything is hilariously creepy in that movie. Well, I guess a few things are just straight up creepy.
    Thanks for giving us the opportunity to not give a fuck again.

Fuck I haven't watch a good movie in so long its ridiculous.I feel from the teasers Nymphomanaic wouldn't be film I would enjoy then I realized its a Lars von Trier film and I'm all aboard to get excited about a new film by him.

Simian Mobile Disco, Earth @ Pappy and Harriet's 04/26/15
    Austin Psych Fest @ Carson Creek Ranch 05/02-04/14
    The Decemberist @ Crystal Ballroom 05/30/14
    Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds @ The Warfield 07/07/14

Last.fm
    Quote Originally Posted by psychic friend View Post
    thanks for whatever you did in mexico.

Grey Gardens is killing me. Jessica Lange and Drew Barrymore were amazing. The actual documentary is fascinating too.

I realized the other day I still haven't seen A Serbian Film. Is that ever getting a US Release?
    last.fm

I realized the other day I still haven't seen A Serbian Film. Is that ever getting a US Release?
    You aren't missing out on much.

Upcoming shows
    Events