Page 958 of 1028 FirstFirst ... 953954955956957958959960961962963 ... LastLast
Results 28,711 to 28,740 of 30825

Thread: Schoolio's Movie Corner

  1. #28711
    Coachella Junkie getbetter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    East Palo Alto
    Posts
    8,688

    Default Re: Schoolio's Movie Corner

    Django was pretty good but I liked The Klown and The Comedy last year.
    Translation

    Quote Originally Posted by WhyTheLongFace View Post
    Still pretty serious about this.

    Jack White @ Bill .... 08/22/14
    FYF @ LA Sport Area 08/23 - 08/24/14
    Swans @ The Independent 08/08/14
    Decibel Festival @ Seattle 09/24 - 09/28/14
    War on Drugs @ Fillmore 10/05/14
    Death From Above 1979 @ The Independent 11/17/14


    Last.fm





  2. #28712
    The Encyclopedia bmack86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Bishop, CA
    Posts
    28,172

    Default Re: Schoolio's Movie Corner

    Quote Originally Posted by RotationSlimWang View Post
    Hmm... that's an interesting point. Yeah, it kinda is. Both great, but definitely two distinctly opposite perspectives on how to do the West.
    Exactly. Both really fights with the standard approach to a Western, both is very focused on revenge, and both features a character you wouldn't initially expect to act the way they ultimately do, but they approach it such a different sort of way. And I love both films.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Remember Hitler? I don't but here we are again .. cr****

  3. #28713
    Coachella Junkie Mugwog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    6,666

    Default Re: Schoolio's Movie Corner

    Quote Originally Posted by RotationSlimWang View Post
    In retrospect after the Oscars:

    Several paragraphs of blah.
    What about Chicago? Don't you remember Chicago with Catherine Zeta-Jones-Douglas-McFlabbyArms

    And Renee Zellwegger pulling the Courtney Love? That was much more entertaining than Family Guy creator Frat Bro.

    "Skyfall! by Skyfall!"

    Award shows just make no sense at all. Why didn't the little black girl win?!

  4. #28714
    Endearingly Dislikable RotationSlimWang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    11,892

    Default Re: Schoolio's Movie Corner

    I didn't actually watch the Oscars, because I'm not an idiot.
    Quote Originally Posted by amyzzz View Post
    Hannah, I don't know that pigs have big weiners, and my early 20's facination with dogs because of weiner size, I think. If that helps.

  5. #28715
    AMBIVALENT bobert's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Santa Monica, CA
    Posts
    3,796

    Default Re: Schoolio's Movie Corner

    Unforgiven is vastly superior to Django on just about every level I think of. It's even the funnier of the two movies.

  6. #28716
    Coachella Junkie Mugwog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    6,666

    Default Re: Schoolio's Movie Corner

    @Randy Yet you thought Django was good.
    Last edited by Mugwog; 02-26-2013 at 08:47 PM. Reason: not you bobert

  7. #28717
    AMBIVALENT bobert's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Santa Monica, CA
    Posts
    3,796

    Default Re: Schoolio's Movie Corner

    Quote Originally Posted by Mugwog View Post
    Yet you thought Django was good.
    The first two thirds? Sure.

  8. #28718
    Coachella Junkie Mugwog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    6,666

    Default Re: Schoolio's Movie Corner

    Django was evidence of how much Sally Menke saved the mindfuck of an Epic Tarintino always has in his head and turning footage into a watchable movie.

  9. #28719
    Endearingly Dislikable RotationSlimWang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    11,892

    Default Re: Schoolio's Movie Corner

    Is that what that weird response that for some reason brought up Chicago was about? You not liking Django? Tev.
    Quote Originally Posted by amyzzz View Post
    Hannah, I don't know that pigs have big weiners, and my early 20's facination with dogs because of weiner size, I think. If that helps.

  10. #28720
    Coachella Junkie Mugwog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    6,666

    Default Re: Schoolio's Movie Corner

    No just general talking of the oscars - the show presentation was strange, they really emphasized on Chicago and other Oscar winning musicals. Its like the oscars were marketed to the gays or something.

    I was really disappointed with Django as a Tarintino fan. It was just awful and for it to win best original screenplay just felt like a nod to Tarintino for snubbing him for the Kill Bills

  11. #28721
    Endearingly Dislikable RotationSlimWang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    11,892

    Default Re: Schoolio's Movie Corner

    They emphasized on Chicago? That was like years ago. Why the fuck were they talking about it now?
    Quote Originally Posted by amyzzz View Post
    Hannah, I don't know that pigs have big weiners, and my early 20's facination with dogs because of weiner size, I think. If that helps.

  12. #28722
    Coachella Junkie Mugwog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    6,666

    Default Re: Schoolio's Movie Corner

    That's what I'm saying dude.

  13. #28723
    Coachella Junkie Drinkey McDrinkerstein's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    DTLA, CA
    Posts
    21,384

    Default Re: Schoolio's Movie Corner

    They did an awful 25ish minute segue celebrating musicals, which included a horrid Chicago song and Bara Streisand howling some bullshit. it was miserable. it was the first Oscars i watched in at least 5 years and reiterated why I never bother.
    last.fm
    8/23-24/14 FYF Fest - Expo Park //8/25/14 Nine Inch Nails - Hollywood Bowl // 9/6/14 Elvis Costello & Ben Folds - Hollywood Bowl
    9/12-14/14 Riotfest - Humboldt Park, Chicago, IL // 9/18/14 Neutral Milk Hotel - Hollywood Bowl

  14. #28724
    Endearingly Dislikable RotationSlimWang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    11,892

    Default Re: Schoolio's Movie Corner

    Okay, well, I don't really care or give a shit.
    Quote Originally Posted by amyzzz View Post
    Hannah, I don't know that pigs have big weiners, and my early 20's facination with dogs because of weiner size, I think. If that helps.

  15. #28725
    Coachella Junkie Mugwog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    6,666

    Default Re: Schoolio's Movie Corner

    Please explain the differences between Django and Unforgiven as Westerns.

  16. #28726
    Endearingly Dislikable RotationSlimWang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    11,892

    Default Re: Schoolio's Movie Corner

    You're just asking this to be a douchebag, huh?
    Quote Originally Posted by amyzzz View Post
    Hannah, I don't know that pigs have big weiners, and my early 20's facination with dogs because of weiner size, I think. If that helps.

  17. #28727

    Default Re: Schoolio's Movie Corner

    Yeah, it was like Zeta-Jones drunkenly commented “Honey, I feel like doing Chicago again” to Michael Douglas one night in their mansion, so he pulled strings and it ended up on the show. And wassup with Zellwegger? Pulling this decade’s Meg Ryan plastic surgery foul-ups only more heavily medicated with unpredictable lip movements during her interview. Thought they’d jump off her face and scurry up the aisle out the building. At least Latifah was the same.

    First time I’d seen or heard of the host before (not a Family Guy guy). Shirley Bassey stole the show with the monster Goldfinger finale, although at the time was hoping for a Diamonds are Forever/Moonraker medley inclusion. Would like to see her in concert actually. Late add.

  18. #28728

    Default Re: Schoolio's Movie Corner

    Quote Originally Posted by Mugwog View Post
    Why didn't the little black girl win?!
    Because she's a cunt, per The Onion.
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Hey here's an idea. You know those people who are desperately poor, down on their luck, uneducated, abused, and generally ill-equipped for life? Let's make fun of them.

  19. #28729
    Member zircona1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Columbia, MO
    Posts
    1,338

    Default Re: Schoolio's Movie Corner

    It's cool to make fun of the Oscars.
    We're here to play some Mississippi Delta Blues. We're in a horrible depression, and I gotta admit - we're starting to like it.

  20. #28730
    Loveable Curmudgeon TallGuyCM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Hermosa Beach
    Posts
    20,000

    Default Re: Schoolio's Movie Corner

    Quote Originally Posted by RotationSlimWang View Post
    In retrospect after the Oscars:

    Having now seen Argo... wow, that was a pretty mediocre-good film to be making Best Picture. Goes to show one thing that Hollywood loves above all else is patting itself on the back. If you just made a movie about how a mildly retarded guy in cooperation with MGM Studios brought The Holocaust to an end, you'd win awards up and down the fucking aisle.
    Agreed. I mean, fucking 8 1/2 could have been nominated in the Amour slot and I honestly believe Argo still would have won.
    9/17 - Buzzcocks - Fonda (?)
    9/20 - Crosby, Stills & Nash - Santa Barbara Bowl
    9/21 - Caetano Veloso - Hollywood Bowl (?)
    9/26 - William Basinski - Pasadena Arts Council
    9/28 - Bob Mould - Roxy (?)


    Quote Originally Posted by getbetter View Post
    I finally made it through a listen of Sun Kil Moon - Benji and had put it on maybe 4 times til I could finally feel mentally like, "just fuck it just let this guy blabber on" while I'm doing paperwork .
    last.fm, if you care

    Twitter, if you dare

  21. #28731
    Coachella Junkie HunterGather's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    8,242

    Default Re: Schoolio's Movie Corner

    Quote Originally Posted by RotationSlimWang View Post
    Hey, look, the whole world's surprised that Seth McFarlane isn't fucking funny. Thanks for finally catching up to Always, dickheads.

    I also went back and rewatched Django. Goddammit that is a good movie although I turn away during a couple of scenes just because it's a bit rough to endure.
    But Seth is funny, tho...

    And yes, seeing the 2 slaves fight each other to the death and another being torn/eaten to death by the dogs was hard to watch.

  22. #28732
    Endearingly Dislikable RotationSlimWang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    11,892

    Default Re: Schoolio's Movie Corner

    No, he's not funny. None of his shows are funny. He's a low brow, sophomoric asshole, and more importantly he just has a terrible sense of comedy. He completely lacks satire in any form, he is the equivalent of catch phrase standups.
    Quote Originally Posted by amyzzz View Post
    Hannah, I don't know that pigs have big weiners, and my early 20's facination with dogs because of weiner size, I think. If that helps.

  23. #28733
    Coachella Junkie HunterGather's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    8,242

    Default Re: Schoolio's Movie Corner

    Quote Originally Posted by xuclarockerx View Post
    Because she's a cunt, per The Onion.

  24. #28734
    Coachella Junkie HunterGather's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    8,242

    Default Re: Schoolio's Movie Corner

    Quote Originally Posted by RotationSlimWang View Post
    No, he's not funny. None of his shows are funny. He's a low brow, sophomoric asshole, and more importantly he just has a terrible sense of comedy. He completely lacks satire in any form, he is the equivalent of catch phrase standups.
    No.
    American Dad is hilarious. (!!!)
    Family Guy has had better days, but is still tolerable. And Cleveland Show is enjoyable.

  25. #28735
    Endearingly Dislikable RotationSlimWang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    11,892

    Default Re: Schoolio's Movie Corner

    You're a lamebrained fuck.
    Quote Originally Posted by amyzzz View Post
    Hannah, I don't know that pigs have big weiners, and my early 20's facination with dogs because of weiner size, I think. If that helps.

  26. #28736
    Coachella Junkie HunterGather's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    8,242

    Default Re: Schoolio's Movie Corner

    No. Much like a lot of things you write, you're wrong on this one.
    Wrong.
    I'm right.

  27. #28737
    Endearingly Dislikable RotationSlimWang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    11,892

    Default Re: Schoolio's Movie Corner

    You just like him because you're a sexual degenerate who wants to fuck like every dude on the planet.
    Quote Originally Posted by amyzzz View Post
    Hannah, I don't know that pigs have big weiners, and my early 20's facination with dogs because of weiner size, I think. If that helps.

  28. #28738
    Coachella Junkie HunterGather's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    8,242

    Default Re: Schoolio's Movie Corner

    How dare you!
    I don't want to fuck him.
    I mean, he's easy on the eyes, but he's not my type.



  29. #28739
    Coachella Junkie cutterbutter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    6,448

    Default Re: Schoolio's Movie Corner

    Upstream Color tonight!

  30. #28740
    Member tyles's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Hollyweird, CA
    Posts
    2,217

    Default Re: Schoolio's Movie Corner

    Quote Originally Posted by RotationSlimWang View Post
    They emphasized on Chicago? That was like years ago. Why the fuck were they talking about it now?
    This year's Oscar show producers also produced Chicago, thus the celebrating of 10 years of the movie that won best picture and created the cultural phenom that enthralled planet. Every year, when someone who hasn't seen the picture admits this to a group of friends, the non-believer is then forced to watch it then and there, or forced to entire pop-culture reference after reference that they didn't get because they were obviously detached from the cultural zeidgeist. Witness the online culture devoted to Rob Marshall's masterpiece of cinema. Hell, kids who saw the picture growing up are now even having children and naming them "Marshall" in his honor.

    Wait a minute... this is "Chicago," not Star Wars. Ok, which one was "Chicago?"
    Coachellas attended: 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 (W1), 2013 (W1)

    Quote Originally Posted by captncrzy View Post
    Theme night listing:

    Thursday Night: Woo, my parents let me out of the house!
    Friday Night: Woo, my parents let me out of the house!
    Saturday Night: Woo, my parents let me out of the house!
    Sunday Night: Boo, I have to go back to my parent's house!
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    The level of sheer laziness and pure speculation and confusion about very easily found and well-known things that this board has gotten to is truly confounding.

Similar Threads

  1. Bring back the Coachella Movie Lounge.
    By bballarl in forum Music Lounge
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 05-12-2007, 08:34 AM
  2. Where's the movie thread?
    By amyzzz in forum Misc. Lounge
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 01-20-2007, 09:16 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •