Page 886 of 1028 FirstFirst ... 881882883884885886887888889890891 ... LastLast
Results 26,551 to 26,580 of 30827

Thread: Schoolio's Movie Corner

Default Re: Schoolio's Movie Corner

Capt. America, for me, really lost the whole movie when it went into - Captain America vs WW2: The Montage

I did enjoy the Iron Man series, but that's quite possibly due to the wit of Robert Downey Jr. being such a likeable smug asshole

Coachella Junkie schoolofruckus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SoulDischarge View Post
    B-movie and well executed satire are not mutually exclusive.
    On principle, I totally agree. The blockage is within me.

Here's a trailer for Ben Affleck's next directorial outing, which was one of the most fun projects I've ever worked on. The plot is pretty outlandish, but it's based on a true story. They shot Warner Bros. as its 70's self, so it was a challenging but satisfying endeavor, and it appears the finished film is going to be just as enjoyable.

Last edited by schoolofruckus; 05-08-2012 at 07:29 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    The childless 20-something year olds on the board who find a 50 something year old man fucking teenage prostitutes distasteful will probably change the hum of their tune once they produce babies, definitely. That's the missing link.

Affleck is turning out to be a pretty good director.
    We're here to play some Mississippi Delta Blues. We're in a horrible depression, and I gotta admit - we're starting to like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    It's barely released and has an incredible amount of buzz from various film fests. Fucking read things RedHotSgtPeppers
    What did he say?
    The childless 20-something year olds on the board who find a 50 something year old man fucking teenage prostitutes distasteful will probably change the hum of their tune once they produce babies, definitely. That's the missing link.

Quote Originally Posted by schoolofruckus View Post
    Here's a trailer for Ben Affleck's next directorial outing, which was one of the most fun projects I've ever worked on. The plot is pretty outlandish, but it's based on a true story. They shot Warner Bros. as its 70's self, so it was a challenging but satisfying endeavor, and it appears the finished film is going to be just as enjoyable.
    I'm excited for this if only to see Michael Parks as Jack Kirby.

Coachella Junkie Drinkey McDrinkerstein's Avatar

What did he say?
    He came in and said how he just saw this underrated movie called God Bless America and we should all check it out.

EDIT: Just busting your balls, RedHotSgtPeppers, btw. It was just really perfect timing, considering the several posts about it right before.
    last.fm
    8/23-24/14 FYF Fest - Expo Park //8/25/14 Nine Inch Nails - Hollywood Bowl // 9/6/14 Elvis Costello & Ben Folds - Hollywood Bowl
    9/12-14/14 Riotfest - Humboldt Park, Chicago, IL // 9/18/14 Neutral Milk Hotel - Hollywood Bowl

Yeah, I know. I honestly didn't read any of the posts above me before I posted that. I just hit "last page" and scrolled all the way down. I promise I'm not retarded. lol
    Quote Originally Posted by miscorrections View Post
    It's really boring when people use this thread to post about their successes.
    Quote Originally Posted by getbetter View Post
    ...... hey im not posting anything in here about half raptor half alligator people

Coachella Junkie

lol

Filter is doing a screening of Wes Anderson's Moonrise Kingdom at the ArcLight Hollywood. The screening will be happening on May 22 at 7:30pm. RSVP!
    9/22 Tove Lo @ the Fillmore
    9/27 Simian Mobile Disco @ The Mezzanine
    10/5 The War On Drugs @ The Fillmore
    10/21 Jessie Ware @ The Chapel
    10/24 Little Dragon @ the Fox Theatre
    10/24 Rfs Du Sol @ The Mezzanine
    10/29 PHISH @ Bill Graham Civic Auditorium
    10/31 AlunaGeorge @ 1015 (?)
    11/29 London Grammar @ the Fox Theatre

Very interesting....anyone know what time Spiritualized usually takes the stage?

Someone said 10pm for one of the recent show. If that's the case and the screening starts on time, totally doable.
    last.fm
    8/23-24/14 FYF Fest - Expo Park //8/25/14 Nine Inch Nails - Hollywood Bowl // 9/6/14 Elvis Costello & Ben Folds - Hollywood Bowl
    9/12-14/14 Riotfest - Humboldt Park, Chicago, IL // 9/18/14 Neutral Milk Hotel - Hollywood Bowl

Very interesting....anyone know what time Spiritualized usually takes the stage?
    It is SO worth it to just wait until the 25th for MK...getting a shit spot at the Wiltern is the worst, and if you get there before doors you can hop in line with me and we'll get into the pit.
    9/17 - Buzzcocks - Fonda (?)
    9/20 - Crosby, Stills & Nash - Santa Barbara Bowl
    9/21 - Caetano Veloso - Hollywood Bowl (?)
    9/26 - William Basinski - Pasadena Arts Council
    9/28 - Bob Mould - Roxy (?)

I finally made it through a listen of Sun Kil Moon - Benji and had put it on maybe 4 times til I could finally feel mentally like, "just fuck it just let this guy blabber on" while I'm doing paperwork .
    last.fm, if you care

Twitter, if you dare

Eh, i walk onto the floor AT show time at the Wiltern all the time and I'm always happy with my spot.
    last.fm

Show time for the opening band/ticket time or time for the headlining band? I can imagine it be quite a difference.

Quote Originally Posted by cutterbutter View Post
    Show time for the opening band/ticket time or time for the headlining band? I can imagine it be quite a difference.
    Headlining band. I walk in and out of the floor a lot, getting drinks, going to the bathroom, smoking. i can't stand staying in one place waiting between bands unless i'm at a festival all day.
    last.fm

Regardless, if you've been salivating at the chance of seeing Spiritualized again for 3 1/2 years now like I have, this decision is a no-brainer.
    9/17 - Buzzcocks - Fonda (?)
    9/20 - Crosby, Stills & Nash - Santa Barbara Bowl
    9/21 - Caetano Veloso - Hollywood Bowl (?)
    9/26 - William Basinski - Pasadena Arts Council
    9/28 - Bob Mould - Roxy (?)

I finally made it through a listen of Sun Kil Moon - Benji and had put it on maybe 4 times til I could finally feel mentally like, "just fuck it just let this guy blabber on" while I'm doing paperwork .
    last.fm, if you care

Twitter, if you dare

Do you know important it is to say you saw the new wes anderson movie before anyone else? Its the epitome of hipsterdome. And then showing up to the gig like you just dont give a fuck is even better.

/s

Definitely not knocking anyone else for wanting to do that, it's just not my thing and I don't see it as a deal break. i watch a lot of shows from back by the bar at the Wiltern and it's great. the line of site is great, and sound is great, and the room really isn't that big.
    last.fm

Yeah, I probably won't try for that Moonrise Kingdom screening. I was just speculating.

If this story has any truth, this might end up being the most fucking insane movie ever made:
    http://blogs.indiewire.com/theplayli...thing-20120509

The screening of God Bless America was wonderful, I encourage EVERYONE on this board to see it.

Isn't Ben affleck directing The Stand? Or is that not official yet?

Don't know if you guys have discussed it yet, but I loved the new Whit Stillman. I had forgotten that it always takes about a half hour or so to get submerged in the dialogue of his characters, but once I fully locked in, it was some great stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    To you guys I say Wat?????????? Off to ?????? ....... cr****
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    It's hard to argue with that.

Also, Gretta Gerwig is keut.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    To you guys I say Wat?????????? Off to ?????? ....... cr****
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    It's hard to argue with that.

I watched Deconstructing Henry last night, under the impression that it was one of the more laugh-packed Woody Allen comedies. I didn't find it to be that uproarious, but it was still pretty enjoyable.

Definitely not one of his "most laughed-packed" comedies. That would probably go to Bananas or even Sleepers, for just plain slapstick comedy. Even Sweet & Lowdown and Small Time Crooks would be better straight-forward "comedies." I guess what i'm saying is you got bad advice.
    Last edited by buddy; 05-10-2012 at 07:21 PM.

Yeah, Deconstructing Harry gets downright depressing as the movie goes on. I do always get a kick out of the kid naming his penis after John Dillinger. I need to rewatch that movie.
    last.fm

Thinking about taking in ‘John Carter’ at the $3 place up the street this weekend, as it seems like it might be decent, but then again it’s also Disney and don’t want just a ‘Prince of Persia on Mars’ or something.

I know plenty of people that enjoyed John Carter, but I was not one of them. It may have been that it was more enjoyable in 3D? For $3 though you could do worse.

This is awesome...

Quote Originally Posted by KungFuJoe View Post
    I know plenty of people that enjoyed John Carter, but I was not one of them. It may have been that it was more enjoyable in 3D? For $3 though you could do worse.

This is awesome...

love this!

"ohhh noo nooo" cat was awesome

(still need to see the raid )