Page 879 of 1027 FirstFirst ... 874875876877878879880881882883884 ... LastLast
Results 26,341 to 26,370 of 30805

Thread: Schoolio's Movie Corner

Lurker

Default Re: Schoolio's Movie Corner

Quote Originally Posted by Alchemy View Post
    Sometimes I wonder if Netflix knows what I like, or if it decides what I like. It is kind of creepy, don't you think? You should make a movie -- I bet people do this to you all the time -- about a guy that goes on Netflix, and Netflix starts telling him his deepest secrets, and blood starts coming out of his computer's DVD drive. You can call it Netflixmentia!

Anyway, I'm looking at the Wikipedia page here on Necromentia, and it makes mention of an Ouija board tattoo. What do you mean when you say that it is your most "personal" film; at least, after your first film? Did you have an experience with an Ouija board? I'd like to hear about it if isn't too personal.

My friend, Maniac Mark, and I made an Ouija board out of paper once, back in elementary school, but I think the messages came from Mark (not spirits or demons), because the messages were misspelled (Mark's never been a great speller). But the funny thing is that even though he was the one doing the messages, he spooked himself and decided to rip up the Ouija board, for fear of curses.
    I'm actually developing a project with a similar idea but it's got a better title than Netflixmentia, which is just awful, I'm sorry. Don't quit your day job.

Necromentia was inspired by something that happened to me when I first moved out to LA. The tattoo in the film is actually one that I actually have on my back. Some of the situations depicted in the film are straight out of my life experience. I'd say which scenes but I don't know if anybody here would believe me. Nobody ever does.

Your friend Maniac Mark sounds like the brains of your operation.

Quote Originally Posted by schoolofruckus View Post
    Two best zings in board history. Pearry, how the hell did a person who has mastered both insult comedy and filmmaking find your way to this haven for unwashed EFL bottom-feeders?
    Coachella was last weekend. I went to it. Mystery solved.

What is EFL?

Quote Originally Posted by Down Rodeo View Post
    And Cabin in the Woods was a blast. Pearry Reginald seemingly missed the point.
    People keep acting all high and mighty with me about how great Cabin in the Woods is but don't say WHY it is great. Tell me what the point was if you're so smart.
    Chaos lives in everything.

IMDb

Quote Originally Posted by p.r. teo View Post
    Another worthy contribution. I thought this board was finally free of you? Please, tell us again about how great your script is. So great it can't even get produced.

Coachella was last weekend. I went to it. Mystery solved.

What is EFL?
    I'll give props for the zings, however I smell an alias trolling.

Coachella Junkie schoolofruckus's Avatar

The F stands for "first". It's commonly substituted with an S.

I guess I'm just curious as to why a man who has fucked Bai Ling AND survived an Ouija tattoo portal to hell would find it necessary to shoot us here fish in this here bucket.
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    The childless 20-something year olds on the board who find a 50 something year old man fucking teenage prostitutes distasteful will probably change the hum of their tune once they produce babies, definitely. That's the missing link.

Quote Originally Posted by Oolong View Post
    I'll give props for the zings, however I smell an alias trolling.
    Misdirection aside, I've been thinking it's Randy. I have no idea how he settled on this particular Singaporean director as his avatar, but I know he thinks the real PTA is an asshole and Cabin in the Woods sounds like exactly the kind of movie that would infuriate him.

Plus, Randy hasn't told us all how great his script is in at least a couple years. Whereas "Pearry" has only been here since last weekend and would have no knowledge of it.
    The childless 20-something year olds on the board who find a 50 something year old man fucking teenage prostitutes distasteful will probably change the hum of their tune once they produce babies, definitely. That's the missing link.

People keep acting all high and mighty with me about how great Cabin in the Woods is but don't say WHY it is great. Tell me what the point was if you're so smart.
    If you need to have a self-referential satire of horror film tropes explained to you, then you probably shouldn't be making horror films.
    I love when people huff an 8 ball and then come on here to show off what they think they know about Stanley Kubrick.

Lurker

The F stands for "first". It's commonly substituted with an S.

I guess I'm just curious as to why a man who has fucked Bai Ling AND survived an Ouija tattoo portal to hell would find it necessary to shoot us here fish in this here bucket.
    I need something to do while waiting for footage to render.

Misdirection aside, I've been thinking it's Randy. I have no idea how he settled on this particular Singaporean director as his avatar, but I know he thinks the real PTA is an asshole and Cabin in the Woods sounds like exactly the kind of movie that would infuriate him.

Plus, Randy hasn't told us all how great his script is in at least a couple years. Whereas "Pearry" has only been here since last weekend and would have no knowledge of it.
    Do you not realize that all the posts ever written in this thread can be read years after their written? I've gone through all 26,000+ posts in this thread. For some of us that have good memories, it's easy to remember what claims people make even years after they make them. So no, I am not Randy. That is a worse insult than Potvsktl comparing me to Troma. I have actually made movies -- I am about to leave for another day on set. He only talks shit about them.

Quote Originally Posted by Down Rodeo View Post
    If you need to have a self-referential satire of horror film tropes explained to you, then you probably shouldn't be making horror films.
    I have a couple of Best Horror awards from New York International Film Festival that says I should.

IMDb

If movie rental chains were still worth 2 shits, your films would be stocked at ankle-height and no higher. I am almost certain that I purchased a used copy of The Gene Generation on VHS from a hollywood video $1 bargain bin a few years ago just so I could dub a TV edit of Encino Man over it as it was cheaper than buying a fresh blank VHS tape.

I have a couple of Best Horror awards from New York International Film Festival that says I should.
    Let us know when you garner yourself a cable ace award because nobody gives a shit

I'm actually developing a project with a similar idea but it's got a better title than Netflixmentia, which is just awful, I'm sorry. Don't quit your day job.

Necromentia was inspired by something that happened to me when I first moved out to LA. The tattoo in the film is actually one that I actually have on my back. Some of the situations depicted in the film are straight out of my life experience. I'd say which scenes but I don't know if anybody here would believe me. Nobody ever does.

Your friend Maniac Mark sounds like the brains of your operation.
    Netflixmentia is just an idea that I made off the top of my head. But that's cool that you are making a similar movie. Maybe I should be more productive with my movie ideas! Haha. Of course, you're right, I'll have to think of more clever titles. I do want to quit my day job, after all.

And you should try us with that real-life situation! We've all seen some pretty crazy stuff in our time, I think. Perhaps this is where people will finally believe you... Well, given that they can believe that you are truly Pearry Teo. I must admit that I even I suspect you might be an alias. Is that you, Paul Thomas Anderson!? Shouldn't you be working on The Master or your blog or something!? I thought we ended you, you son of a bitch! ... But if you are really Pearry Teo, and not Paul Thomas Anderson, you should tell us your supernatural story.

And yes, Maniac Mark was pretty much the leader of the group. He moved to Tennessee and took over the Papermate company -- at least, that is what he tells me.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    I try to be politically pc more than most here: As a dude, anyone who could put a shark up a gals pc body, is pretty creepy, different and interesting. Just saying big time ..... cr****

Coachella Junkie

I'm over it. Everyone shut up forever.

Coachella Junkie Drinkey McDrinkerstein's Avatar

I wonder if there are actual instances of minor celebrities finding random message boards and joining with no intention but to talk shit to complete strangers.

This person is clearly an alias, Randy or not, but I like the thought, and the identity sure is a puzzling one.
    last.fm
    8/23-24/14 FYF Fest - Expo Park //8/25/14 Nine Inch Nails - Hollywood Bowl // 9/6/14 Elvis Costello & Ben Folds - Hollywood Bowl
    9/12-14/14 Riotfest - Humboldt Park, Chicago, IL // 9/18/14 Neutral Milk Hotel - Hollywood Bowl

I really want this one to be real, because it's so ridiculous and random. Plus, we'd be able to say, "Remember when Pearry Teo joined the board so that he could be mean to everybody?" We need more memories like that.
    I try to be politically pc more than most here: As a dude, anyone who could put a shark up a gals pc body, is pretty creepy, different and interesting. Just saying big time ..... cr****

And he took the time to read 878 pages of a movies thread and became intimately familiar with everybody's names and personalities, for no reason other than he happened to have gone to coachella the week before and stumbled on the forum. Allegedly.
    last.fm
    8/23-24/14 FYF Fest - Expo Park //8/25/14 Nine Inch Nails - Hollywood Bowl // 9/6/14 Elvis Costello & Ben Folds - Hollywood Bowl
    9/12-14/14 Riotfest - Humboldt Park, Chicago, IL // 9/18/14 Neutral Milk Hotel - Hollywood Bowl

Gabe's right. It's obviously Randy. Even if the guy spent less than ten seconds reading each of the 26,000 posts it would have taken him over 180 days to get up to speed. That's a lot of render time. Top-notch troll though.

Here is Pearry Teo's facebook page, if anyone is curious. He seems like a super jovial guy hahaha. https://www.facebook.com/#!/pearry

I was really hoping to find a post of him praising Cabin In the Woods, but alas, no.
    last.fm

Atop Zardoz, wagging my pickle everywhere

Death is just an upgrade
    "All of you coachella 'regulars' have nasty boy pussies and itchy dick4's on your asses.
    Why don't you all make like a tree and get chopped down and die. You all have been dreadfully mean to me.
    I Hate you. All of you. None of you will ever get to see a womans chest meat or finger blast hott cougies like me.
    Fuck you all. Consider this my resignation.
    Fair the well, you elitest scumbags."

Faxman75, who has clearly had enough

Definitely. We should all congratulate him on writing for a character whose voice is 100% different from his own. I haven't seen him do that before.

When is Randy going to be funny again?
    Translation

Quote Originally Posted by WhyTheLongFace View Post
    Still pretty serious about this.

Jack White @ Bill .... 08/22/14
    FYF @ LA Sport Area 08/23 - 08/24/14
    Swans @ The Independent 08/08/14
    Decibel Festival @ Seattle 09/24 - 09/28/14
    War on Drugs @ Fillmore 10/05/14
    Death From Above 1979 @ The Independent 11/17/14

Last.fm

... you douchebags honestly think I would waste my time discussing this crap?
    Look, your parenting is yours and Randy's business alone.
    Fans of TheLastGreatMan Accessory Shop

That's not Randy. I'll lick a hissing cockroach if I'm wrong.

That's kind of win-win.
    Quote Originally Posted by SoulDischarge View Post
    See how wrong you are, Tommy? Randy is agreeing with you.

Oh my...1080p full screen this one for sure.

9/05 - The Rentals - Fonda (?)
    9/11 - Swans - Roxy
    9/13 - Owen Pallett - El Rey (?)
    9/17 - Buzzcocks - Fonda (?)
    9/20 - Crosby, Stills & Nash - Santa Barbara Bowl

Quote Originally Posted by getbetter View Post
    I finally made it through a listen of Sun Kil Moon - Benji and had put it on maybe 4 times til I could finally feel mentally like, "just fuck it just let this guy blabber on" while I'm doing paperwork .
    last.fm, if you care

Twitter, if you dare

Trailer for John Hillcoat's Lawless - footage and movie appear to be good while the trailer is cut like low-rent genre garbage. Which is fine until one recalls that the same could be said of John Hillcoat's The Road, which turned out to be empty and inconsequential and not even very well crafted. Still, fingers crossed - The Proposition was awesome and hopefully not a flash in the pan.

Hmmm I thought The Proposition was very interesting, but its strongest points for me were the performances, particularly Ray Winstone's.

EDIT: I didn't realize he did The Road - I REALLY liked that.
    last.fm

Lurker

Quote Originally Posted by Grandma View Post
    If movie rental chains were still worth 2 shits, your films would be stocked at ankle-height and no higher. I am almost certain that I purchased a used copy of The Gene Generation on VHS from a hollywood video $1 bargain bin a few years ago just so I could dub a TV edit of Encino Man over it as it was cheaper than buying a fresh blank VHS tape.
    You're wrong. None of my movies have been released on VHS. Why would I cater to a dinosaur format?

Quote Originally Posted by Alchemy View Post
    Netflixmentia is just an idea that I made off the top of my head. But that's cool that you are making a similar movie. Maybe I should be more productive with my movie ideas! Haha. Of course, you're right, I'll have to think of more clever titles. I do want to quit my day job, after all.

And you should try us with that real-life situation! We've all seen some pretty crazy stuff in our time, I think. Perhaps this is where people will finally believe you... Well, given that they can believe that you are truly Pearry Teo. I must admit that I even I suspect you might be an alias. Is that you, Paul Thomas Anderson!? Shouldn't you be working on The Master or your blog or something!? I thought we ended you, you son of a bitch! ... But if you are really Pearry Teo, and not Paul Thomas Anderson, you should tell us your supernatural story.

And yes, Maniac Mark was pretty much the leader of the group. He moved to Tennessee and took over the Papermate company -- at least, that is what he tells me.
    The real life situation wasn't that I descended into Hell, if that is what you are trying to suggest? What happened was I had a relapse on heroin with the girlfriend who I moved to LA to be with. She OD'd and in my fucked up state, it took me some days to report her body because I thought she was going to come back to life like she said.

It was a pretty emotional time. I haven't done any drugs since then.

Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    And he took the time to read 878 pages of a movies thread and became intimately familiar with everybody's names and personalities, for no reason other than he happened to have gone to coachella the week before and stumbled on the forum. Allegedly.
    My first Coachella was actually 2005 to see Bauhaus and Nine Inch Nails. I've read this board off and on for the last few years whenever I get bored. There's an awful lot of internet to explore when you have insomnia and can't sleep until 4am at night and get up at 6am every morning.

Here is Pearry Teo's facebook page, if anyone is curious. He seems like a super jovial guy hahaha. https://www.facebook.com/#!/pearry

I was really hoping to find a post of him praising Cabin In the Woods, but alas, no.
    This is kind of an invasion of privacy. I don't go around posting your Facebook. And why would I say something nice about Cabin in the Woods when I've told you I hated it? I'm not one of those internet assholes pretending to be someone their not.
    Last edited by p.r. teo; 04-24-2012 at 09:23 PM.

IMDb

That facebook is directly linked off of the official Pearry Teo website, that's how I found it.
    last.fm

This is kind of an invasion of privacy. I don't go around posting your Facebook. And why would I say something nice about Cabin in the Woods when I've told you I hated it? I'm not one of those internet assholes pretending to be someone their not.
    Post a status update on your Facebook page right now on how much you hated Cabin in the Woods or how much you loved Coachella. Do it!

The real life situation wasn't that I descended into Hell, if that is what you are trying to suggest? What happened was I had a relapse on heroin with the girlfriend who I moved to LA to be with. She OD'd and in my fucked up state, it took me some days to report her body because I thought she was going to come back to life like she said.

It was a pretty emotional time. I haven't done any drugs since then.
    That's pretty crazy. You're very well put together for an alias. I'm sort of thinking that maybe you are not an alias.

That facebook is directly linked off of the official Pearry Teo website, that's how I found it.
    Stop invading his privacy, bro!
    I love when people huff an 8 ball and then come on here to show off what they think they know about Stanley Kubrick.

Sorry to interrupt these supposed shenanigans.

Does anyone know how to find out when the times/reservations will be available for the midnight screening of The Avengers at the Arclight Hollywood? I kind of got the responsibility of that put on me for my group of friends... Comes out May 3rd/4th and all the other Arclight theaters have options already. I really dont want a shitty seat in the front. Thx guys.